TM30 for travels within Thailand

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
rct
udonmap.com

TM30 for travels within Thailand

Post by rct » February 20, 2018, 9:48 am

Assume travel within Thailand to another province, but not staying in a hotel or guesthouse who would register the TM30. Such as travel to visit a friend, or to a second home. Say one resides in Udon, and has a condo in Jomtien, must one report a TM30 - coming and going - each and every time?

Is there a definitive official explanation of the requirements and mechanics of this?

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Re: TM30 for travels within Thailand

Post by sometimewoodworker » February 21, 2018, 3:15 pm

rct wrote:
February 20, 2018, 9:48 am
Assume travel within Thailand to another province, but not staying in a hotel or guesthouse who would register the TM30. Such as travel to visit a friend, or to a second home. Say one resides in Udon, and has a condo in Jomtien, must one report a TM30 - coming and going - each and every time?

Is there a definitive official explanation of the requirements and mechanics of this?
The owner or lessee has the responsibility, some immigration offices don't bother with/want the report from a private residence AFIK Udon is one that doesn't bother, this could change at any time.

By the letter of the law yes you must, buy common practice I don't know anyone who would/does.

TIT the law is the law but it is the offices who decide to enforce or not and if they want to add anything to it or not.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 21, 2018, 4:07 pm

"TIT the law is the law but it is the offices who decide to enforce or not and if they want to add anything to it or not."

I think that's one of the big problems in LOS whether it be BIB /Immigration or someone else. It's all ok until someone (for whatever reason) decides to suddenly implement something they didn't previously worry about. "well you didn't bother last time, or I didn't do it like that before, means jack s**t when they suddenly do implement a law......... You are guilty of not obeying the law =;

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » February 23, 2018, 11:05 am

I came across this form in the trays near the 90 day reporting guy.

TM28 Form for Aliens to notify their change of address or their stay in the province for over 24 hours.

Anyone ever used this?

macca46
udonmap.com

Post by macca46 » February 23, 2018, 11:32 am

Nearly nine months ago when I was doing my 90 day I informed them (verbally) I changed address all he did was printed out a form from the computer and put it in my passport there was no change done in the computer.

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”