Udon Thani Immigration new rules

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
goodison
udonmap.com
Posts: 472
Joined: August 29, 2008, 3:57 pm
Location: udon Thani
Contact:

Re: Udon Thani Immigration new rules

Post by goodison » May 23, 2019, 6:05 am

did my 90 day report yesterday, my next report date shown to co-incide with the renewal date for my 1 year extension viz only 43 days away.



User avatar
Giggle
udonmap.com
Posts: 1092
Joined: October 18, 2016, 4:24 pm

Re: Udon Thani Immigration new rules

Post by Giggle » May 23, 2019, 8:23 am

With all of these check-ins, report-backs, pending status, it seems as if immigration is a parasite trying to corral its hosts, ensuring they are all cashed up, and preventing them from leaving.

User avatar
semperfiguy
udonmap.com
Posts: 1895
Joined: July 16, 2010, 12:49 pm
Location: Udon Thani, Thailand

Re: Udon Thani Immigration new rules

Post by semperfiguy » May 23, 2019, 4:29 pm

Giggle wrote:
May 23, 2019, 8:23 am
With all of these check-ins, report-backs, pending status, it seems as if immigration is a parasite trying to corral its hosts, ensuring they are all cashed up, and preventing them from leaving.
The entire system is specifically designed to do one thing and one thing only....get us into their offices as often as possible to give them an opportunity to extract money from us, both legally and illegally. They can easily size up the weak and naive, and if one doesn't have a problem they can quickly create one for us that can only be resolved with a donation to the tea fund. Don't we ever wonder why the 90 online reporting never works? Simple...it's because they don't want it to work. They want the privilege to see us face-to-face so they can find that opportunity to relieve us of our money...plain and simple!
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf". - George Orwell

DuiDui49
udonmap.com
Posts: 859
Joined: March 15, 2006, 3:10 pm
Location: Koh Samui

Re: Udon Thani Immigration new rules

Post by DuiDui49 » May 23, 2019, 4:42 pm

Hi there fellow Forum members !

I'm reaching out for information from SWEDISH people that have done the "Extension of Stay" (RT VISA)and done that AFTER the "new"rules (1/3-2019).

Was the Embassy Pension Papers the ONLY thing you had to show the Immi.people..or did they want Bankbook statement too.Did they want you to show anything else..Or was it done like previous years.

Thanks for reading...Have a good day everyone...:-)
Best regards
//DuiDui
"Exercise is individual and nutrition is queen: together, you have a kingdom."

“Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues but the parent of all others.” 

"To grow and mature demands time and willingness to learn from your own misstakes"

User avatar
parrot
udonmap.com
Posts: 9146
Joined: March 19, 2006, 8:32 pm

Re: Udon Thani Immigration new rules

Post by parrot » May 23, 2019, 5:45 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
May 23, 2019, 4:29 pm
Giggle wrote:
May 23, 2019, 8:23 am
With all of these check-ins, report-backs, pending status, it seems as if immigration is a parasite trying to corral its hosts, ensuring they are all cashed up, and preventing them from leaving.
The entire system is specifically designed to do one thing and one thing only....get us into their offices as often as possible to give them an opportunity to extract money from us, both legally and illegally. They can easily size up the weak and naive, and if one doesn't have a problem they can quickly create one for us that can only be resolved with a donation to the tea fund. Don't we ever wonder why the 90 online reporting never works? Simple...it's because they don't want it to work. They want the privilege to see us face-to-face so they can find that opportunity to relieve us of our money...plain and simple!
sfg: I beg to differ with you. In the interests of fair reporting: I'm a fan of the system......if you follow the rules, the process is streamlined (as compared to years ago), the immigration officials (in Udon) are far more professional than the ones who were here in the early 90's and then the Nongkai people who serviced Udon in the late 90's/early 2000's. They have a working queue for extensions and another for 90day. When you do your extension, most all the time, the official will sync your 90 day at the same time. Oh.....you don't even fill out a 90 day form anymore. My wife and I have done 22 consecutive yearly extensions without a problem.
As for 90 day on line problems....... USA's social security or tricare websites or even my credit union share the same kind of maintenance problems. Yesterday I tried to do 90 day online.....no luck. Today, I did both myself and my wife, no problem.

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 3672
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Udon Thani Immigration new rules

Post by tamada » May 24, 2019, 1:44 am

parrot wrote:
May 23, 2019, 5:45 pm
semperfiguy wrote:
May 23, 2019, 4:29 pm
Giggle wrote:
May 23, 2019, 8:23 am
With all of these check-ins, report-backs, pending status, it seems as if immigration is a parasite trying to corral its hosts, ensuring they are all cashed up, and preventing them from leaving.
The entire system is specifically designed to do one thing and one thing only....get us into their offices as often as possible to give them an opportunity to extract money from us, both legally and illegally. They can easily size up the weak and naive, and if one doesn't have a problem they can quickly create one for us that can only be resolved with a donation to the tea fund. Don't we ever wonder why the 90 online reporting never works? Simple...it's because they don't want it to work. They want the privilege to see us face-to-face so they can find that opportunity to relieve us of our money...plain and simple!
sfg: I beg to differ with you. In the interests of fair reporting: I'm a fan of the system......if you follow the rules, the process is streamlined (as compared to years ago), the immigration officials (in Udon) are far more professional than the ones who were here in the early 90's and then the Nongkai people who serviced Udon in the late 90's/early 2000's. They have a working queue for extensions and another for 90day. When you do your extension, most all the time, the official will sync your 90 day at the same time. Oh.....you don't even fill out a 90 day form anymore. My wife and I have done 22 consecutive yearly extensions without a problem.
As for 90 day on line problems....... USA's social security or tricare websites or even my credit union share the same kind of maintenance problems. Yesterday I tried to do 90 day online.....no luck. Today, I did both myself and my wife, no problem.
Heretical stuff there parrot. Well... maybe for some members here.

Thanks for your reasoned, brief and factual update.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com
Posts: 859
Joined: March 15, 2006, 3:10 pm
Location: Koh Samui

Re: Udon Thani Immigration new rules

Post by DuiDui49 » May 24, 2019, 1:38 pm

Mandatory health insurance for over 50s in Thailand only affects those on Non-Immigrant Visa O-A

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/110251 ... paign=news
Best regards
//DuiDui
"Exercise is individual and nutrition is queen: together, you have a kingdom."

“Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues but the parent of all others.” 

"To grow and mature demands time and willingness to learn from your own misstakes"

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 3672
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Udon Thani Immigration new rules

Post by tamada » May 24, 2019, 5:37 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
May 24, 2019, 1:38 pm
Mandatory health insurance for over 50s in Thailand only affects those on Non-Immigrant Visa O-A

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/110251 ... paign=news
Nice link Dui but as you see, that thread (and every other one like it) is chock full of stress-monkeys and panic-merchants asking the perpetually and forever unanswerable question, "But what if they apply it to retirement and marriage extensions!?"

It's all feeding a nice and very lucrative suite of virtually identical and equally conjectural threads about moving to Vietnam. The general consensus is Vietnam is 'easier' than Thailand. One punter is 100% sold on it due to the fact that apparently in Danang, there's a restaurant that does a decent Indian curry and another that does good Mexican. That and the locals reckon his Thai wife's a local.

Looks like "Location, location location" rides roughshod over "Criteria, criteria, criteria."

Everyone relax and (try and) have a nice weekend in Isaan. You know it makes sense.

tam

User avatar
saint
udonmap.com
Posts: 2812
Joined: February 28, 2008, 5:31 pm
Location: the truth is out there . but dont dare tell it !!!!

Re: Udon Thani Immigration new rules

Post by saint » May 25, 2019, 4:35 am

Stress monkeys , :lol: :lol: . a phrase i will use in future for sure .
To some life here is so intolerable rumour and scare mongering is all they have to worry about , not me .
My biggest stress is deciding what im having for dinner every single day . running off to Vietnam , Cambodia , or some other hell hole , will not fix that . Im doomed i tell you . :shock:

User avatar
Aardvark
udonmap.com
Posts: 5765
Joined: March 5, 2007, 9:08 am
Location: Perth Australia and Udon

Re: Udon Thani Immigration new rules

Post by Aardvark » May 25, 2019, 5:25 am


Doodoo
udonmap.com
Posts: 1342
Joined: October 15, 2017, 8:47 pm

Re: Udon Thani Immigration new rules

Post by Doodoo » May 25, 2019, 6:35 am

Departure Taxes
37 other countries already charge a Departure Tax which u normally don't see as it is included in the price of the ticket or other means. Prices vary from $3.50 (Bangladesh) up to $240 (UK) and are dependent on various reasons. Thailand already has a Tax set at $22

Arrival Tax
Fifty-six countries charge entry and/or exit fees. These fees range from $14 to $100, with an average of $26.77. However, these fees are largely unseen because they are included in the taxes and fees attached to airline tickets.

User avatar
Aardvark
udonmap.com
Posts: 5765
Joined: March 5, 2007, 9:08 am
Location: Perth Australia and Udon

Re: Udon Thani Immigration new rules

Post by Aardvark » May 25, 2019, 8:25 am

It used to be Bt500 departure tax years ago in Thailand witch was eventually integrated into the Ticket price. This is just double dipping if it is indeed a departure tax ….

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 3672
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Udon Thani Immigration new rules

Post by tamada » May 25, 2019, 8:37 am

Aardvark wrote:
May 25, 2019, 5:25 am
And then they announce this …. https://newsletter.thaivisa.com/l/zM6Yz ... a6qysthYiw
Yes! And wouldn't you know it that all the same stress-monkeys and panic-merchants on marriage or retirement extensions that are already fretting needlessly if the compulsory health insurance requirement that MAY apply to O-A via applicants will affect them are now demanding to know if this new PROPOSAL for a tax for Tourists will a cheaper option for them.

It's dementia. That's what it is.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com
Posts: 859
Joined: March 15, 2006, 3:10 pm
Location: Koh Samui

Re: Udon Thani Immigration new rules

Post by DuiDui49 » May 25, 2019, 9:09 am

God morning fellow "Stress Monkeys" !

Sorry but i didn't mean to stress you out more then this whole "new rule"thingie already have done to most of us..okey.Just wanted to share what i saw as good -non-strees-info ;-)I have my insurance BUT i'm not sure if i revert back to marriage VISA which i had 10+ years ago,or stay with extension of stay..have 1 more month to before due...

Anyway,want yopu all to have a stressfull...NOT..good day to day..:-)
Best regards
//DuiDui
"Exercise is individual and nutrition is queen: together, you have a kingdom."

“Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues but the parent of all others.” 

"To grow and mature demands time and willingness to learn from your own misstakes"

User avatar
saint
udonmap.com
Posts: 2812
Joined: February 28, 2008, 5:31 pm
Location: the truth is out there . but dont dare tell it !!!!

Re: Udon Thani Immigration new rules

Post by saint » May 25, 2019, 10:03 am

DuiDui49 wrote:
May 25, 2019, 9:09 am
God morning fellow "Stress Monkeys" !

Sorry but i didn't mean to stress you out more then this whole "new rule"thingie already have done to most of us..okey.Just wanted to share what i saw as good -non-strees-info ;-)I have my insurance BUT i'm not sure if i revert back to marriage VISA which i had 10+ years ago,or stay with extension of stay..have 1 more month to before due...

Anyway,want yopu all to have a stressfull...NOT..good day to day..:-)
No worries Alfie , its not your fault . I tend to ignore Thai Visa like the plague for a stress free life .
Unless immigration tell me something i need to know i live in blissfull ignorance.
If you have the funds stay on retirement , the marriage road is as much a ball ache , as marriage can be at times !!!! :roll:

Doodoo
udonmap.com
Posts: 1342
Joined: October 15, 2017, 8:47 pm

Re: Udon Thani Immigration new rules

Post by Doodoo » May 25, 2019, 10:10 am

Aardvark
Its a tax doesn't matter if it is for departure it in the end is a tax that goes to the Thais Government.

More mone for them less for us
Capitalism

DuiDui49
udonmap.com
Posts: 859
Joined: March 15, 2006, 3:10 pm
Location: Koh Samui

Re: Udon Thani Immigration new rules

Post by DuiDui49 » May 25, 2019, 10:53 am

the marriage road is as much a ball ache , as marriage can be at times !!!! :roll:
...Roger that..;-)
Best regards
//DuiDui
"Exercise is individual and nutrition is queen: together, you have a kingdom."

“Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues but the parent of all others.” 

"To grow and mature demands time and willingness to learn from your own misstakes"

User avatar
parrot
udonmap.com
Posts: 9146
Joined: March 19, 2006, 8:32 pm

Re: Udon Thani Immigration new rules

Post by parrot » May 25, 2019, 2:01 pm

parrot wrote:
May 23, 2019, 5:45 pm
semperfiguy wrote:
May 23, 2019, 4:29 pm
Giggle wrote:
May 23, 2019, 8:23 am
With all of these check-ins, report-backs, pending status, it seems as if immigration is a parasite trying to corral its hosts, ensuring they are all cashed up, and preventing them from leaving.
The entire system is specifically designed to do one thing and one thing only....get us into their offices as often as possible to give them an opportunity to extract money from us, both legally and illegally. They can easily size up the weak and naive, and if one doesn't have a problem they can quickly create one for us that can only be resolved with a donation to the tea fund. Don't we ever wonder why the 90 online reporting never works? Simple...it's because they don't want it to work. They want the privilege to see us face-to-face so they can find that opportunity to relieve us of our money...plain and simple!
sfg: I beg to differ with you. In the interests of fair reporting: I'm a fan of the system......if you follow the rules, the process is streamlined (as compared to years ago), the immigration officials (in Udon) are far more professional than the ones who were here in the early 90's and then the Nongkai people who serviced Udon in the late 90's/early 2000's. They have a working queue for extensions and another for 90day. When you do your extension, most all the time, the official will sync your 90 day at the same time. Oh.....you don't even fill out a 90 day form anymore. My wife and I have done 22 consecutive yearly extensions without a problem.
As for 90 day on line problems....... USA's social security or tricare websites or even my credit union share the same kind of maintenance problems. Yesterday I tried to do 90 day online.....no luck. Today, I did both myself and my wife, no problem.

90 day online reports for both my wife and me submitted at 5:30pm on 23 May and approved by midnight, same day.; What's not to like about that? Microsoft edge.

User avatar
Giggle
udonmap.com
Posts: 1092
Joined: October 18, 2016, 4:24 pm

Re: Udon Thani Immigration new rules

Post by Giggle » May 25, 2019, 4:45 pm

parrot wrote:
May 25, 2019, 2:01 pm
What's not to like about that?
How about ... that you've lived here, in Thailand, for 23 years, in the same house, following their rules every year, and never had a problem, and are still required to check in every 90 days like some dodgy parolee who requires constant monitoring. That's just the start. I could go on, but it'd be lost on those who refuse to see.

User avatar
sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com
Posts: 1366
Joined: October 7, 2008, 11:19 am

Re: Udon Thani Immigration new rules

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 25, 2019, 5:49 pm

parrot wrote:
May 25, 2019, 2:01 pm
What's not to like about that? Microsoft edge.
Nothing to dislike about the reporting, but maybe the fact that Microsoft has decided to abandon Edge and change to something based on Chrome, so let's hope that the new browser will work.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Locked

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”