Marriage Extension New Rule

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
LoneTraveler
udonmap.com

Re: Marriage Extension New Rule

Post by LoneTraveler » March 27, 2019, 1:53 pm

Chriss Did you use the 400k option to provide proof of finances? I am hoping to use the monthly income without much hassle from Immigration. I will keep 400K on deposit just in case.

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » March 27, 2019, 3:32 pm

Chriss wrote:
March 27, 2019, 11:37 am
The requirement for the Kor Ror 2 has been there for some years as shown on the leaflet above..The only new part is you now must show an updated Kor Ror 2 document every time you renew the extension. As was told to me by Udon Immigration last Thursday when I got the final stamp in the passport.
HI Chris if i remember this correctly they told you renew 3 days prior ,i went in with a friends Kor Tor 2to make sure correct document ,he said yes fine , then i asked "renew every year " yes , i then asked how near to the time of application for marriage extension should you re new the Kor Tor 2 , his reply , one month , i then again showed him the Kor Tor 2 document we had which would be 6 weeks old on application ,he said thats ok , go figure ,the land of smiles i think not , more the Land of Confusion would be a better title

Chriss
udonmap.com

Post by Chriss » March 27, 2019, 9:25 pm

LoneTraveler wrote:
March 27, 2019, 1:53 pm
Chriss Did you use the 400k option to provide proof of finances? I am hoping to use the monthly income without much hassle from Immigration. I will keep 400K on deposit just in case.
Yes I use the 400k in a savings account method.

Chriss
udonmap.com

Post by Chriss » March 27, 2019, 9:31 pm

Hoopoe wrote:
March 27, 2019, 3:32 pm
Chriss wrote:
March 27, 2019, 11:37 am
The requirement for the Kor Ror 2 has been there for some years as shown on the leaflet above..The only new part is you now must show an updated Kor Ror 2 document every time you renew the extension. As was told to me by Udon Immigration last Thursday when I got the final stamp in the passport.
HI Chris if i remember this correctly they told you renew 3 days prior ,i went in with a friends Kor Tor 2to make sure correct document ,he said yes fine , then i asked "renew every year " yes , i then asked how near to the time of application for marriage extension should you re new the Kor Tor 2 , his reply , one month , i then again showed him the Kor Tor 2 document we had which would be 6 weeks old on application ,he said thats ok , go figure ,the land of smiles i think not , more the Land of Confusion would be a better title
I was in the 1 month waiting period from application, think I had 4 days to go, when they called and told me to go get an updated Kor Ror 2 which I did that day and presented it 1/2 hour later. When I received my final passport stamp the IO said next year the new document should be dated close to extension renal application date... Ambiguous wording 'close to'...

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » March 28, 2019, 4:24 am

For those who were married to Thai spouse in their home country before moving to thailand, I assume you must register the marriage at the local Amphor then get the Kor ror 2 if planning on getting an extension based on marriage.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » March 28, 2019, 7:37 am

Stantheman wrote:
March 28, 2019, 4:24 am
For those who were married to Thai spouse in their home country before moving to thailand, I assume you must register the marriage at the local Amphor then get the Kor ror 2 if planning on getting an extension based on marriage.
Yes it must be registered. No you don't get a Kor Ror 2 it is a Kor Ror 22

The steps before registration are
1 legalise you marrage documents with your home country
2 legalise those with the Thai embassy in your home country
3 get them translated and certified by the MFA

Best take a look at here-is-exactly-what-s-needed-for-retir ... %20embassy
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » April 5, 2019, 1:34 pm

its a kor ror 2 if married inside thailand and kor ror 22 if married outside thailand and woodworker you are correct you always need it but then you are wrong as i used the same one for 5 years this is the first year i have had to get an updated one so it is not the same . I went for my last 90 day reporting 6 weeks before and asked any changes this year and was told no so it is immigrations fault as if they had this new rule they should have told me

Chriss
udonmap.com

Post by Chriss » April 6, 2019, 8:01 am

This change in rule, renew Kor Ror 2/22 every year, was sprung on Udon immigration early March. A directive from BKK. Udon had to contact over 100 persons applying for marriage extensions. I think the same female IO had that task. She did tell me she was met with some angry responses to her calls..
Personally I was 4 days away from final passport stamp when she called.
Like yourself Dragonz I'd been using the same original document for previous applications.

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » April 15, 2019, 10:19 am

Update , went to immigration for ext mar 5 as i said had to get a new kor ror 22 . Under consideration until 29 april . Last thursday (11 april) got a phone call from immigration to bring an updated bank book and a new kor ror 22 in that day . Told them cannot do as not in udon and was then told bring it in on the 17 april . Have no idea why i need another kor ror 225 weeks later ?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 17, 2019, 3:52 pm

dragonz wrote:
April 15, 2019, 10:19 am
Update , went to immigration for ext mar 5 as i said had to get a new kor ror 22 . Under consideration until 29 april . Last thursday (11 april) got a phone call from immigration to bring an updated bank book and a new kor ror 22 in that day . Told them cannot do as not in udon and was then told bring it in on the 17 april . Have no idea why i need another kor ror 225 weeks later ?
Maybe they did a drive-by of your flop while you were away, saw all those women sleeping around and reckoned you had a fleet of 'em like Eddie does.

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » April 18, 2019, 4:58 pm

tamada wrote:
April 17, 2019, 3:52 pm
dragonz wrote:
April 15, 2019, 10:19 am
Maybe they did a drive-by of your flop while you were away, saw all those women sleeping around and reckoned you had a fleet of 'em like Eddie does.
i wish , no not really , all look like boys except for my wife daughter. Got the kor ror 22 could not explain why they wanted another . made a cockup with the bankbook update as it only showed the last transaction which was the 8th so had to go back , put a 100 baht in and update again . Stupidly i thought that when i updated the bank book it would show the last transaction and the current balance that day . silly me for being logical

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » April 25, 2019, 11:45 am

another update on my marraige extension , a little bit interesting . I Went for my extension stamp and was told it was not ready . Applied 5 march not ready 25 april ?
Was told by immigration dont worry i will not overstay they will ring me when it is ready just do not try to leave thailand . She explained so many changing from retirement to marraige extension as they cannot or will not use the new stupid rules they are struggling to keep up . Said was not their fault but the crazy men in bangkok :)
So my under consideration stamp runs out on saturday and will have nothing then ?!!!Wonder what would happen if checked by the police ?

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » April 25, 2019, 12:06 pm

dragonz wrote:
April 25, 2019, 11:45 am
another update on my marraige extension , a little bit interesting . I Went for my extension stamp and was told it was not ready . Applied 5 march not ready 25 april ?
Was told by immigration dont worry i will not overstay they will ring me when it is ready just do not try to leave thailand . She explained so many changing from retirement to marraige extension as they cannot or will not use the new stupid rules they are struggling to keep up . Said was not their fault but the crazy men in bangkok :)
So my under consideration stamp runs out on saturday and will have nothing then ?!!!Wonder what would happen if checked by the police ?
Thanks for the update.Please let us know how it goes..thank you.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 25, 2019, 1:35 pm

In and out this morning in about 40 minutes.(April 25th)
Comment from the lady at counter 3 that mine was the first application she had processed that had nothing missing or out of date, specially the photo with the house number and Kor Ror2.

Appointment on May 29 to produce another bank letter and statement.
Under consideration stamp until June 14
Warned that the 400,000 had to stay in the account for 90 days after the extension is granted.
This could mean around 7 months, no problem for me as I'm not going to use the money anyway.

Old Grumpy
udonmap.com

Post by Old Grumpy » April 25, 2019, 1:49 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
April 25, 2019, 1:35 pm

Warned that the 400,000 had to stay in the account for 90 days after the extension is granted.
This could mean around 7 months, no problem for me as I'm not going to use the money anyway.
With what penalty if it isn't?Did she say? If you needed urgent medical treatment it could be a choice of death or visa.
Age is a matter of mind.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
Mark Twain,

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 25, 2019, 1:50 pm

dragonz wrote:
April 25, 2019, 11:45 am
Wonder what would happen if checked by the police ?
Nothing at all, since the regular police don't bother about extensions of stay, they contact the immigration police who are well aware of the current delays.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 25, 2019, 1:57 pm

Old Grumpy wrote:
April 25, 2019, 1:49 pm

With what penalty if it isn't?Did she say? If you needed urgent medical treatment it could be a choice of death or visa.
I didn't ask as it will not affect me. I have no need to access that money under any circumstances.

It could mean that your extension of stay was void, but if you have a medical emergency so you can't travel then you would be able to get an extension based in that.

However insurance is there for those kinds of problems anyway.
Last edited by sometimewoodworker on April 25, 2019, 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Old Grumpy
udonmap.com

Post by Old Grumpy » April 25, 2019, 3:57 pm

April 25, 2019, 1:57 pm
Old Grumpy wrote:
April 25, 2019, 1:49 pm

However insurance is there for those kinds of problems anyway.

I
Not at my age it isn't.
Age is a matter of mind.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
Mark Twain,

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » April 25, 2019, 4:08 pm

"Warned that the 400,000 had to stay in the account for 90 days after the extension is granted.
This could mean around 7 months, no problem for me as I'm not going to use the money anyway."

First time I have heard of this requirement for a Married Extension. Does anyone know for sure how the IO's are going to check this and the retirement singles with the 800K needed to be kept for at least 3 months. Has anyone had this explained or is this why BJ was sacked because its unworkable.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 25, 2019, 4:23 pm

AlexO wrote:
April 25, 2019, 4:08 pm
First time I have heard of this requirement for a Married Extension. Does anyone know for sure how the IO's are going to check this and the retirement singles with the 800K needed to be kept for at least 3 months. Has anyone had this explained or is this why BJ was sacked because its unworkable.
Most probably the same way as the original proof of funds and the second proof, bank letter and statement.

From what I've heard BJ's transfer was nothing to do with any of the finance changes.

It is not unworkable at all, annoying sure, onerous for those living far from an immigration Office and the immigration officers yes, adding an extra few hundred Baht certainly but hardly unworkable

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”