800k in thai bank for extending retire visa

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Re: 800k in thai bank for extending retire visa

Post by Hoopoe » June 19, 2019, 5:31 am

Brian Davis wrote:
June 18, 2019, 6:31 pm
"Brian i've sent a queary to Admin , regarding this messages"

Sorry to use a topic to highlight what seems a PMing problem - may be an isolated problem, or we've stumbled across a broader issue.
Just to say, Hoopoe, that I have received a helpful PM from another member (doesn't appear to be you as an alias), but can't send a reply to him - nothing showing in my 'sent' box. Anything from Admin, yet?
I don't think I've upset anyone sufficiently or referred to something I shouldn't that has led to my being blocked!
Nothing from Admin as yet , story of my life really ,myself and administration people , i wont go any further , but i would definately not use an alias , my message would be a list of what is required by UDON I/O ,from form , passport copies , bank money , money evidence if your using the income method , to as far as witness required , provided on the day I/O is not on their period ,

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » June 19, 2019, 7:44 am

Brian Davis wrote:
June 18, 2019, 8:58 pm
sometimewoodworker wrote:
June 18, 2019, 2:50 pm

... the transfers must be from overseas into your account, domestic transfers (HMG pension paid in Thailand) do not qualify.

If you can have 400,000 in an account for 2 months before you apply then if immigration doesn't like your income proof, you have a backup plan
Can you just clarify,"domestic transfers (HMG pension paid in Thailand) do not qualify", so I don't get things a over t?

Spot on with the backup plan. Of course, if Immigration did reject the income option AND, in the absence of an insurance policy, insisted I needed proof of money set aside for medical expenses, then a rethink and possibly bank robbery is required! Attempted humour, Thai readers.
There is no requirement for anything related to medical expenses by immigration. There is no requirement for insurance policies by immigration. There is a lot of talk related to this regarding visa applications. There has been nothing official related to extensions of stay. Visas are issued by a different government department to extensions of stay.

However not having medical insurance or a fund to pay for your medical care is running risks I don't think are sensible, but that is a different subject.

The DWP can pay your pension into an account in the U.K., a domestic transfer, you can transfer that to Thailand and that will qualify as it will be an international payment.

This is correct to the best of my understanding if anyone knows anything different please post. However if you select to have your pension paid into your Thai account by DWP it is paid, again as a domestic transfer, from a Thai bank (I believe it's Citibank) so even though the payment is authorised in the U.K. It is not an international payment. There is also the possibility that because payments are every 4 weeks you could get nothing in February.

Immigration will not be interested in any information you show about your U.K. Pension. They just want international payments each month.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » June 19, 2019, 10:00 am

I get my company pension transferred to the Bangkok Bank and it has the source FTT against the amount which I believe indicates it comes from abroad.
When I can claim my UK Government Pension I was hoping it could be transferred in the same way. (code FTT)
But I,m a bit confused by your comment that the Government Pension doesn't count with Immigration?
Surely if it has the code FTT against the transaction it's the same as the Company Pension? And how could Immigration identify the source?
Or do you just mean guys who go into Immigration with just a piece of paper saying they get 25,000 baht equivalent monthly from their Government ?
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » June 19, 2019, 10:56 am

Thanks for the information, sometimewoodworker.
Regarding medical expenses, the reminder of the distinction between visas and extensions of stay is useful. Of course, not that I would wish the people in charge to consider insurance cover or lump sums in the bank for medical emergencies necessary for those on extensions, but I'd guess that some of the latter have been guilty of not paying medical bills, which was why the proposal kicked off in the first instance. Also, remember the official who, when asked about foreigners who didn't have/couldn't obtain insurance, responded maybe more money was needed in the bank? Was he from Immigration or not?
When the origin of the payment is overseas, I do find the example of a Thai domestic transfer not counting towards income ridiculous, red tape and an inability to 'think outside the box'. The codes linked to credits on my bank book give no indication of origin and that's why I obtained credit advices for one month's sample payments.These papers have more detailed information and clearly show UK origin. I'm trying to obtain a separate SCB letter confirming that my three pensions into my account all originate in the UK, which surely Immigration would find difficult to argue with. Two of my pensions DO involve Citibank! But if Immigration loves its' paperwork and wants to ensure income is from outside Thailand, at least open their eyes at what's put in front of them.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » June 19, 2019, 11:25 am

Yes, sorry, I should have followed the posts through.
I wasn't aware of the involvement of Citi Bank as a third party.
Immigration should accept these transfers and not take a "more than my jobs worth "attitude.
Would it be possible to go to Vientiane in Laos, for instance, open a bank account there and arrange a monthly transfer to your Thai bank? International transfer?
Another thought, Citibank have a branch here in Udon.Could you open an account with them and have money transferred from the UK? International transfer? might be worth enquiring.
And, after all, money is money.... as long as its in your account it shouldn't matter where it came from.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » June 19, 2019, 5:25 pm

Zidane wrote:
June 19, 2019, 10:00 am
I get my company pension transferred to the Bangkok Bank and it has the source FTT against the amount which I believe indicates it comes from abroad.
When I can claim my UK Government Pension I was hoping it could be transferred in the same way. (code FTT)
But I,m a bit confused by your comment that the Government Pension doesn't count with Immigration?
Surely if it has the code FTT against the transaction it's the same as the Company Pension? And how could Immigration identify the source?
Or do you just mean guys who go into Immigration with just a piece of paper saying they get 25,000 baht equivalent monthly from their Government ?
if you would like to go back to my post you will see that to the best of my understanding the UK pension is payed from an account in Thailand. If that is correct then it is a domestic transfer and how can a domestic transfer be coded as FTT?

As I said immigration are only interested in International transfers into a Thai bank with a minimum of 40,000 each month.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » June 19, 2019, 5:38 pm

Zidane wrote:
June 19, 2019, 11:25 am
Yes, sorry, I should have followed the posts through.
I wasn't aware of the involvement of Citi Bank as a third party.
Immigration should accept these transfers and not take a "more than my jobs worth "attitude.
If its domestic it is not internationals doesn't qualify
Screenshot 2019-06-19 at 17.34.06.png
good luck with trying to change that.
Zidane wrote:
Would it be possible to go to Vientiane in Laos, for instance, open a bank account there and arrange a monthly transfer to your Thai bank? International transfer?
that would work
Zidane wrote:
Another thought, Citibank have a branch here in Udon.Could you open an account with them and have money transferred from the UK? International transfer?
You certainly could try that but if you are transferring from the UK any bank will be OK

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”