Rumor Check: Problems with income method in Udon for extension based on retirement

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
rickfarang
udonmap.com

Rumor Check: Problems with income method in Udon for extension based on retirement

Post by rickfarang » August 6, 2019, 5:18 pm

Reference: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/11160 ... paign=news

Posted on 5 August, 2019 on Thai Visa forum by Ron Jeremy:
"I spoke with several expats in udon Thani who are now having the same problem, it seems they want the $800 in the bank. Not accepting the monthly income for many now. "

Can anybody confirm this or provide any details?

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Re: Rumor Check: Problems with income method in Udon for extension based on retirement

Post by RLTrader » August 6, 2019, 5:51 pm

rickfarang wrote:
August 6, 2019, 5:18 pm

"I spoke with several expats in udon Thani who are now having the same problem, it seems they want the $800 in the bank. Not accepting the monthly income for many now. "

Can't confirm, but as expected. Past time to move on, wife not happy. So not happy? :? Might want to get your friends together and go picket the office. After a few weeks they just might change their tune. :-s

Giggle
udonmap.com

Re: Rumor Check: Problems with income method in Udon for extension based on retirement

Post by Giggle » August 6, 2019, 9:10 pm

I've been saying for years this is the the end goal.

They're not interested in what they can't see or hold in their hands.

They're only happy when they see 800k in a Thai bank.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 7, 2019, 9:16 am

I'm very much appreciative of the IOs in UTH. However, they don't care much for tedious time-consuming processes -- like the marriage visa mountain of paperwork. Can't much blame them. It's a shame that they don't have a computer system that provide documents already on file so that everything wouldn't be redundant every year at renewal.

I view the monthly deposit thing as being similar. Just my opinion. No inside information. Just seems like a time-consuming exercise where mistakes can be made and viewed as not worth the hassle for the IO. Much easier to see the 800,000 duckies and pound those rubber stamps.

It's a development that handicaps some of our fellow expats, and I feel for them, but we all walk into Immigration every time knowing that whatever the IO decides to do is what happens. TIT.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

Old Grumpy
udonmap.com

Post by Old Grumpy » August 7, 2019, 10:01 am

When I went in back in May last, expecting to use the combo method which I had done for the last 15years I had a multi page bank statement , clearly showing a monthly income from abroad, which when combined with my bank savings well exceeded the 800k the IO just wasn't bothered to look at it, just said " You have over 400k, get some photos and come back tomorrow I will give you for marriage". didn't bother me what I had, just wanted to stay another year, so did , but it emphasises their lack of interest, or laziness to bother with any income method.
Age is a matter of mind.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
Mark Twain,

greatsnake
udonmap.com

Post by greatsnake » August 7, 2019, 11:14 am

Giggle wrote:I've been saying for years this is the the end goal.

Actually, the end game is NOT 800,000 in your bank account. The end game is eliminating the retirement visa all together and forcing people who want to retire here into a "Thai elite" visa product.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » August 7, 2019, 12:28 pm

Do you not think Other English speaking individuals read this forum or any other forums also to get the insight to other groups thinking and ideas Data is individual nowadays
There are companies that live to gather information from Credit Cards, to ATM, to Facebook, Line, etc (the scandle from teh 2016 US election and company called Cambridge Analytica in the movie The Great Hack)

What was the saying during WW2 "Loose Lips Sink Ships"
On yor computer when you look at an item such as a sailboat for sale Why eth next day on your screen are there pictures of sailboats for sale. Someone somewher is watch and storing all your words, searches, Likes etc

March om

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » August 7, 2019, 1:12 pm

My recollection is that it was not Thai's that have caused this problem but a few English speaking Western Embassies who stated that they would stop issuing Income Confirmation Certificates. The Thai I/O still accepts these from a number of other Countries who still issue the required paperwork. As for monthly income statements from your Thai Bank I am sure they have said that they will accept 3/4 statements for the first extension but you need to have 12 consecutive monthly statements for the next application. I think they have been quite accommodating in adapting their system to help. I for one do not share this 'they want to do away with the retirement extensions' paranoia that some others seem to have.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » August 7, 2019, 4:07 pm

Giggle wrote:
August 6, 2019, 9:10 pm
I've been saying for years this is the the end goal.

More uniformed 'DRIBBLE' from Giggle (Texpat)! Your IQ matches your Shooters, NRA and TRUMP!
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » August 7, 2019, 4:21 pm

Except that it's completely accurate -- don't let the red mist blind you, zero.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » August 7, 2019, 4:21 pm

rickfarang wrote:

Thus far there is only one expat I know of who had difficulties renewing under the 65K Baht a month rule. He borrowed funds monthly from a friend (Thai bank transfer) and returned them early into the next month. Well the IO's are not stupid! Question = "Where is this 65K coming from? Obviously not from overseas - Application refused - IDIOT.

Not withstanding a 20K payment to Ms "Dodgy visa Udon" sorted his problem but he is squealing like a stuck pig thinking he was hard done by!!!!!

ya gotta wunder!
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » August 7, 2019, 5:50 pm

RLTrader wrote:
August 6, 2019, 5:51 pm
rickfarang wrote:

Can't confirm, but as expected. Past time to move on, wife not happy. So not happy? :? Might want to get your friends together and go picket the office. After a few weeks they just might change their tune. :-s
Well wife went today to talk with them. Says she will fill me in, later tonight. Can't wait. 8)

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 7, 2019, 6:38 pm

Bandung_Dero wrote:
August 7, 2019, 4:21 pm
Thus far there is only one expat I know of who had difficulties renewing under the 65K Baht a month rule. He borrowed funds monthly from a friend (Thai bank transfer) and returned them early into the next month. Well the IO's are not stupid! Question = "Where is this 65K coming from? Obviously not from overseas - Application refused - IDIOT.

Not withstanding a 20K payment to Ms "Dodgy visa Udon" sorted his problem but he is squealing like a stuck pig thinking he was hard done by!!!!!

ya gotta wunder!
Tamada and I discussed scams like that when all of this unfolded.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » August 7, 2019, 7:05 pm

rickfarang wrote:

OK, can confirm this is NOT true. You either need 400k or 800k in a Thai bank, or an Embassy Income Letter, or a combination of money in bank and income ... She was given 2 sheets explaining both retire/marriage. Maybe tomorrow will post shot of paper. On the front page says "Udon Immigration" and "Application for retirement visa extension" and there are 13 rules listed.

But as we all know its up to the IO, so I would suggest you 1st get a copy of this paper, follow it to the letter, and if refused, show it to the IO, and ask why, then go to his manager.

She still was not happy when she left, so she called a friend to find out what they were doing.

I will be finding out more tomorrow about that.

and like I said will try photo's of 1 of the papers tomorrow. Stay tuned.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » August 7, 2019, 7:31 pm

"Someone and I discussed scams like that when all of this unfolded." By guess who? Lip Service (I didn't intend to indicate anyone )
I feel so safe now that someone has discussed it I am sure there was some resolve.

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » August 7, 2019, 8:17 pm

Lone Star wrote:
August 7, 2019, 9:16 am

I'm very much appreciative of the IOs in UTH. However, they don't care much for tedious time-consuming processes -- like the marriage visa mountain of paperwork. Can't much blame them. It's a shame that they don't have a computer system that provide documents already on file so that everything wouldn't be redundant every year at renewal.

It would seem some of the application for extension based on marriage is stored on the computer.
As when I applied last week I was given back the tm7 and handed 2computer printed out forms complete typed out with all my relevant info on it they just attached the photo to it. Sign here..
Luckily I hasn't dated the ones I submitted so will use them again next year. Saves on filling them out again.
Seems there is progress at last

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » August 7, 2019, 8:38 pm

Hmm, Lost count but in the last xx years of retirement ext, have always made a copy of the doc's and saved for the next year. Other doc's needed I have on computer and edit to change what is needed. So when the time comes for renewal its really a No brainier. Edit and print, replace in the stack, and I'm good to go. Same with income statement, its on the computer, edit when something changes, print out and I'm good to go.

Heard from a friend that some US person tried to get an income statement signed at embassy a few months ago, only problem was that he could not say if said person Had said doc for them to sign, or requested a blank doc.
A Big difference, I think.

So it Goes.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 7, 2019, 8:57 pm

Hoopoe wrote:
August 7, 2019, 8:17 pm

It would seem some of the application for extension based on marriage is stored on the computer.
As when I applied last week I was given back the tm7 and handed 2computer printed out forms complete typed out with all my relevant info on it they just attached the photo to it. Sign here..
Luckily I hasn't dated the ones I submitted so will use them again next year. Saves on filling them out again.
Seems there is progress at last
Yes!

Having the 90 Day Report stored on computer has been great!

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » August 7, 2019, 9:07 pm

At the risk of upsetting a few guys, I'll tell you what I think. A man works all his life and decides to retire in Thailand. If he can't scrape together 800,000 baht, he shouldn't be here. I'm certainly not wealthy but keeping 800,000 in my Thai bank is not a hardship. I'm legally married and could likely get a visa based on marriage but the visa based on retirement is much easier.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 7, 2019, 9:14 pm

glalt wrote:
August 7, 2019, 9:07 pm
At the risk of upsetting a few guys, I'll tell you what I think. A man works all his life and decides to retire in Thailand. If he can't scrape together 800,000 baht, he shouldn't be here. I'm certainly not wealthy but keeping 800,000 in my Thai bank is not a hardship. I'm legally married and could likely get a visa based on marriage but the visa based on retirement is much easier.
Agree.

I'm in the same boat. Did the marriage route for a few years, then did straight retirement. Much easier and quicker.

The 800,000 in the bank is even quicker.

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”