Visa Extension

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
noosard
udonmap.com

Re: Visa Extension

Post by noosard » July 18, 2020, 8:53 am

Foreign tourists who are unable to leave Thailand would be given a grace period from Aug 1 to Sept 26 to apply to stay for a specified period, said Pol Lt Gen Sompong Chingduang, the bureau commissioner. However, if they do not obtain extensions and are still in the country after Sept 26, they would face legal action and be blacklisted.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 18, 2020, 9:08 am

noosard wrote:
July 18, 2020, 8:53 am
Foreign tourists who are unable to leave Thailand would be given a grace period from Aug 1 to Sept 26 to apply to stay for a specified period, said Pol Lt Gen Sompong Chingduang, the bureau commissioner. However, if they do not obtain extensions and are still in the country after Sept 26, they would face legal action and be blacklisted.
So a very generous ~9 weeks to get legal or go home is being offered by Thai immigration. Any takers?

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » July 18, 2020, 9:10 am

Better than just go home in 2 weeks

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » July 18, 2020, 9:37 am

noosard wrote:
July 18, 2020, 9:10 am
Better than just go home in 2 weeks
With 2nd and 3rd waves of this virus already hitting some countries it will be interesting to see which airlines are actually still flying and to where

Mjkt
udonmap.com

Post by Mjkt » July 18, 2020, 10:13 am

jackspratt wrote:
July 17, 2020, 2:52 pm
Happy to fill in further details as requested - just as I have been helped leading up to today. 👍
Good report, so since it was an Non Imm O-A extension you also needed the annual health insurance from a Thai provider?

Afaik only Non Imm O don't need this. Asking for a friend as I am on Non Imm O.

Mjkt
udonmap.com

Post by Mjkt » July 18, 2020, 10:17 am

tamada wrote:
July 18, 2020, 9:08 am
~9 weeks to get legal or go home is being offered by Thai immigration. Any takers?
It looks like go home or get 400kTHB in the bank for two months if married prior an annual extension. Cannot see the border hops working well into next year and only if a vaccine comes along.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 18, 2020, 10:45 am

Mjkt wrote:
July 18, 2020, 10:13 am
jackspratt wrote:
Happy to fill in further details as requested - just as I have been helped leading up to today. 👍
Good report, so since it was an Non Imm O-A extension you also needed the annual health insurance from a Thai provider?

No insurance required, as I was basically "converting" from an O-A based on retirement, to an O-A based on marriage to a Thai citizen.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 18, 2020, 11:54 am

jackspratt wrote:
July 18, 2020, 10:45 am
Mjkt wrote:
July 18, 2020, 10:13 am
jackspratt wrote:

No insurance required, as I was basically "converting" from an O-A based on retirement, to an O-A based on marriage to a Thai citizen.
An important Semantic correction.

You had an extension of stay based on requirement from an OA visa entry
You changed the reason for your extension of stay to marriage from retirement
as the rules stand today the original entry Non O/Non OA visa makes no difference when extended for family reasons.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » July 18, 2020, 1:29 pm

STWW is officially renamed to STIO ;-)

//Alfie

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » August 19, 2020, 5:24 pm

RE extension of stay , (marriage ) there was or is a post that mentions what i'm about to write , but i can't find it ,
Kor Tor 2 updated , bank letter obtained , into immigration office i go fully loaded ,
on inspection of all paperwork and interrogation of Witness and wife the countersigning of all the doc's all seem good , return stamp into passport for collection of permission of extension of stay ,,,payment requested , duly handed over 1900 bht ,and this is were everything changed,HO these photo copies of stamps in passport no good ,you have to go a get better ,so of trots the wife , meanwhile i get "where is the marriage name change document "i explained all those years ago non were issued only in later years ,P_ss stain bellows impossible , just as the wife returns , he then goes through the issue with her ,she's knocked back by this request , i again explained that back in those years non were ever issued , back comes the IMPOSSIBLE ,you have to go to your town Amphur office (i already know this is bollix as all the computers are now linked ),so off to prajak park Amphur , they were great , explained everything and how tired they were of this immigration office doing this as they already know ,letter in hand back in we go ,yep you've guessed it , we have to go and get it photo copied,given passport ,just gone 12 pm , but mr nice 90 man waited so he could do the 90 report , It would seem i suspect that 1900bht isnt sufficient , and yep you've already it was SIR gob sh-te who dealt with us ,I have attached the form issued by the Amphur office obviously with personal details scrubbed ,the year they started to issue name change doc's with marriage papers is 2008
Attachments
guarantee letter  blank doc.jpg

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » August 20, 2020, 3:19 pm

I placed several recent posts, under Thailand Visa & Immigration to other Countries – Non Immigrant O or O-A Visas related to a friends recent shift of reason from a Non Imm O-A to a Retirement, which may be of interest to some.

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » October 27, 2020, 8:07 am

tamada wrote:
July 2, 2020, 10:59 am
tamada wrote:
April 7, 2020, 10:45 am
Just dropped by Udon amphur's office which isn't processing much of anything until further notice.
Thread bump. The Udon amphur's open for business by appointment only. Mrs tam just made an online appointment for tomorrow to get the paperwork needed to support visas, extensions and the like. The Kor Ror 5 (name change certificate) didn't come up in their drop down menu of services required so just went with the Kor Ror 2 and we'll bring a picture of the other one and see what they say.
Been searching high and low through here and the Immigration web site without success!

Question:- Is the appointment still required for retirement extensions? If so Tam, can you give me the link to the Udon office to make the said appointment.

Thank you
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 27, 2020, 10:40 am

Bandung_Dero wrote:
October 27, 2020, 8:07 am
tamada wrote:
July 2, 2020, 10:59 am
tamada wrote:
April 7, 2020, 10:45 am
Just dropped by Udon amphur's office which isn't processing much of anything until further notice.
Thread bump. The Udon amphur's open for business by appointment only. Mrs tam just made an online appointment for tomorrow to get the paperwork needed to support visas, extensions and the like. The Kor Ror 5 (name change certificate) didn't come up in their drop down menu of services required so just went with the Kor Ror 2 and we'll bring a picture of the other one and see what they say.
Been searching high and low through here and the Immigration web site without success!

Question:- Is the appointment still required for retirement extensions? If so Tam, can you give me the link to the Udon office to make the said appointment.

Thank you
No appointment needed Dero, the Udon amphur is open for walk-in business. We only needed the KR2 since we were married before the need for a KR5 was invented.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » December 21, 2021, 12:15 pm

Just set a new personal milestone for my Retirement Extension this morning:-
Into the KBank (near Immigration) at 08:30 to get my 12 month statement and bank letter.
Out of Immigration and on the road with the extension and new 90 day report at 09:14 = total 44 minutes! =D>

Probably could have been quicker if the Immigration Officer (same girl who did it last year and recognized me :wave: ) shuffling my paperwork didn't have the TV remote. :lol:
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » December 21, 2021, 2:52 pm

Bandung_Dero wrote:
December 21, 2021, 12:15 pm
Just set a new personal milestone for my Retirement Extension this morning:-
Into the KBank (near Immigration) at 08:30 to get my 12 month statement and bank letter.
Out of Immigration and on the road with the extension and new 90 day report at 09:14 = total 44 minutes! =D>

Probably could have been quicker if the Immigration Officer (same girl who did it last year and recognized me :wave: ) shuffling my paperwork didn't have the TV remote. :lol:
I only read Thai Visa threads (on UM and other forums) to keep up with any possible changes. As a result, I get to read all the wailing and gnashing of teeth about their experiences with immigration. Yet, most people I speak to directly (in Udon/NKP/Sakon Nakhon) say pretty much the same thing as you, BdD......good, friendly service. Thanks for posting your positive experience.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » December 25, 2021, 5:14 pm

i also did recently my yearly extension based on retirement ,in an out immi office in 25 minutes (including a 5 min wait time ) no need to sign any extra documents ,90 day report also included ... good job udon immigration ... ;)

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”