Visa Extension

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
mak
udonmap.com

Re: Visa Extension

Post by mak » March 19, 2020, 1:53 pm

A friend had his extension of stay turned down today in Udon. The IO wanted to know the "source of income". He was using the 65k/month method. He had a letter from BBL showing 12 months of foreign deposits plus his Passbook. The IO said it was a new requirement.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » March 19, 2020, 2:30 pm

mak wrote:
March 19, 2020, 1:53 pm
A friend had his extension of stay turned down today in Udon. The IO wanted to know the "source of income". He was using the 65k/month method. He had a letter from BBL showing 12 months of foreign deposits plus his Passbook. The IO said it was a new requirement.

You mean Immigration didn't offer to "fix it" for only 17,000 Baht? I've heard from at least 4 guys lately that the Immigration Officers as well as the Office Director are actively soliciting business for a visa agent and passing along a business card from their drawer. If one acts clueless, gullible, naive or desperate they will definitely test you!
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » March 19, 2020, 2:49 pm

I did mine yesterday and was in and out in 20 minutes. 800k.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » March 19, 2020, 2:51 pm

The applicant who was refused prolly forgot to wear his tuxedo, and proffer the obligatory bottle of Johnny.

Ahh paradise.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Post by Chuchi » March 20, 2020, 9:03 am

mak wrote:
March 19, 2020, 2:49 pm
I did mine yesterday and was in and out in 20 minutes. 800k.
Mak was you informed about keeping the 800K baht in your account for 3 months?

Cheers Chuchi

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » March 20, 2020, 10:51 am

No. Not a word. I asked no questions and the IO only asked what did i want.

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Post by Chuchi » March 20, 2020, 12:02 pm

mak wrote:
March 20, 2020, 10:51 am
No. Not a word. I asked no questions and the IO only asked what did i want.
Cheers for reply

tutone
udonmap.com

Post by tutone » March 20, 2020, 3:56 pm

mak wrote:
Yesterday I went to immigration to ask specific questions about what documents from the bank were required for my extension renewal using 65,000 monthly income method coming up in May. I also asked if I could renew now but was told 30 days prior was the earliest. (I really want to get my extension as soon as possible in case this corona mess becomes impossible to deal with). The officer told me I needed a letter verifying my account with the bank and a statement for the past year. Then she added that the statement must show where the monthly deposits come from. So I asked her how she could determine this and she said the bank code would identify if the source of income being from a foreign country. So again I asked her if deposits from a foreign country would satisfy the requirement for source of income and she said yes. Also required is bank book updated with a transaction on the day of renewal.

So as is par for the course, when dealing with immigration there always seems to be some mystery as to what will happen. I intend to have additional statements showing how I earn my money, dividends, interest, pension, etc. if I am asked, but I will not volunteer any additional information. That said I have never had a bad experience with the immigration in Udon or years ago in Nong Khai.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » March 20, 2020, 4:10 pm

I just did my extension 41 days in advance for the same reason, somethings might change in the future.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » March 20, 2020, 4:36 pm

Bloody double post again! Paul!
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » March 20, 2020, 4:53 pm

Bandung_Dero wrote:
March 20, 2020, 4:36 pm
Bloody double post again! Paul!
Yeah, I know. Tech guy has been working on it. When you get the error, you might try opening another tab and checking to see if it posted. 99% of the time it posts properly, even though you get an error report.

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » March 20, 2020, 5:01 pm

I went for my 12 month marraige extension a few days ago . I renewed the kor sor 22 2 weeks before when i was in udon as the government website stated had to be within 6 months but udon imm but udon said had to be within 7 days so back to the office for a new one.
Also a new one my visa run out 28 march and was under consideration until 20 april they made me do a new 90 day reporting but it runs out on 11 april which was my last one ? Never had to do a 90 day repeort 3 weeks after i applied for extension and while i was under consideration . so went for my visa 13 march , have to do 90 day report 11 april and get my extension 28 april ?>

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » March 20, 2020, 7:24 pm

dragonz wrote:
March 20, 2020, 5:01 pm
I went for my 12 month marraige extension a few days ago . I renewed the kor sor 22 2 weeks before when i was in udon as the government website stated had to be within 6 months but udon imm but udon said had to be within 7 days so back to the office for a new one.
Also a new one my visa run out 28 march and was under consideration until 20 april they made me do a new 90 day reporting but it runs out on 11 april which was my last one ? Never had to do a 90 day repeort 3 weeks after i applied for extension and while i was under consideration . so went for my visa 13 march , have to do 90 day report 11 april and get my extension 28 april ?>
the regular reporting AKA "90 day" report back dates get quite strange around renewal time, virtually never 90 days.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » March 21, 2020, 7:27 am

semperfiguy wrote:
March 19, 2020, 2:30 pm
mak wrote:

You mean Immigration didn't offer to "fix it" for only 17,000 Baht? I've heard from at least 4 guys lately that the Immigration Officers as well as the Office Director are actively soliciting business for a visa agent and passing along a business card from their drawer. If one acts clueless, gullible, naive or desperate they will definitely test you!
From my recent conversations with people , no names but all very elderly one 84 ,(hasten to add none of these had the 800,000,or 400,00 bht in the bank ) all on the monthly income ,yearly deposits method , were refused ,some due to the so called coding on the statements ,the 84 year old they refused due to his photo of the house and quickly suggested they could accommodate him with help at a cost of 20,000 bht ,the others ( 4 ) same sort of quick look this is what we can do , ) the price ranged from 12,000 bht - 16 000 bht , , so i can only agree with the " fix it for you sir "that is being pushed out to people ,i can't prove fck all , wish i could ,

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » March 25, 2020, 12:14 pm

Meanwhile, back in Bangkok.
Attachments
Immigration Chaeng Wattana.jpg

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » March 26, 2020, 10:34 am

Just got back from Udon Immigration to do extension.
Went yesterday about 1030 am and got ticket number 66.
Gave it back as would have had to go back after lunch.

Went back this morning at 0825 hrs and got ticket number 9.
Lots of people queuing up outside and by 0930 the ticket number was 54.

Got finished at 0930 so the Immigration staff are doing a good job under the circumstances.
Notice 80% of people had Laos Passports.

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » March 26, 2020, 10:46 am

sometimewoodworker wrote:
March 20, 2020, 7:24 pm
dragonz wrote:
the regular reporting AKA "90 day" report back dates get quite strange around renewal time, virtually never 90 days.
Still cannot get my head around this . I always go for my visa beginning of march , get under consideration until 28 april . My 90 day report always run out middle of april but i never go as i have no extension until 28 ap . never said anything before . This year go for my extension on 13 mar was told to renew my 90 day as i had done it online and would run out 11 april but all they did was put a piece of paper in my passport saying report 11 april .Seems dumb if i am there on 13 mar and 28 april to have to report 11 april ? Will not be able to do online reporting as i do not have a visa extension ??

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » March 26, 2020, 11:21 am

dragonz wrote:
March 26, 2020, 10:46 am
sometimewoodworker wrote:
March 20, 2020, 7:24 pm
dragonz wrote:
Still cannot get my head around this . I always go for my visa beginning of march , get under consideration until 28 april . My 90 day report always run out middle of april but i never go as i have no extension until 28 ap . never said anything before . This year go for my extension on 13 mar was told to renew my 90 day as i had done it online and would run out 11 april but all they did was put a piece of paper in my passport saying report 11 april .Seems dumb if i am there on 13 mar and 28 april to have to report 11 april ? Will not be able to do online reporting as i do not have a visa extension ??
You can only try.

My guess is that you can not as the extension date is in the Data Base but probably the under consideration date is not.

If you try do please post successful or not.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

Tom & Jee
udonmap.com

Post by Tom & Jee » March 26, 2020, 11:49 am

After I read the above post I went today (one week before I go for my marriage visa extension) to the nong wua so district office to take my kids sor 22. Unfortunately they told me that all the computers can connect to the system for the next weekS because of the covid restrictions. They are open only for declaring deaths. The boss gave us his office number so when we go the immigration if they have a question ,to call him.
I am sure that immigration will not accept last year's paper so....who knows what is going to happen.

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » March 26, 2020, 12:23 pm

Tom & Jee wrote:
March 26, 2020, 11:49 am
After I read the above post I went today (one week before I go for my marriage visa extension) to the nong wua so district office to take my kids sor 22. Unfortunately they told me that all the computers can connect to the system for the next weekS because of the covid restrictions. They are open only for declaring deaths. The boss gave us his office number so when we go the immigration if they have a question ,to call him.
I am sure that immigration will not accept last year's paper so....who knows what is going to happen.
I had the exact same experience yesterday. Immigration said to get a letter from the government office that explains why they can't do it. Will take that letter when I apply for the yearly extension on Monday.

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”