The COVID-19/Corona Virus Forum

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
tinpeeba
udonmap.com

Re: The COVID-19/Corona Virus Forum

Post by tinpeeba » April 4, 2020, 2:21 am

Next pandemic.jpg

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 4, 2020, 10:14 am

I'm not sure if this has been put up before,* but it is well worth watching.

Bill Gates telling us 5 years ago about COVID-19.

* Edit - yes, sorry ..... vince posted the link a couple of weeks ago on a different thread.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 4, 2020, 11:45 am

tinpeeba wrote:
April 4, 2020, 2:21 am
Next pandemic.jpg
The finger-point at DJT post of the day in a bit more detail.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/tim-ziem ... 9d11d02290?

gprit
udonmap.com

Post by gprit » April 19, 2020, 9:54 pm

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 20, 2020, 4:24 pm

Already been posted. Prepared by Falun Gung who are battling China. Not an independent production, but one made an cult with an axe to grind.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 20, 2020, 7:42 pm

The exit strategy is under discussion -

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... t-strategy
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » April 20, 2020, 7:54 pm

Sounds like a very sensible and reasonable plan.
As I've said before, I think Thailand is doing an excellent job of the whole Corona Virus situation.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 20, 2020, 8:46 pm

mickojak wrote:
April 20, 2020, 7:54 pm
Sounds like a very sensible and reasonable plan.
As I've said before, I think Thailand is doing an excellent job of the whole Corona Virus situation.
Agree
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 21, 2020, 5:57 am

vincemunday wrote:
April 20, 2020, 7:42 pm
The exit strategy is under discussion -

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... t-strategy
Gradual steps to the new normal .. its a starting point ... but just ideas being floated at the mo.

I noted EATERIES and RESTAURANTS appear to be set to open up relatively quickly with regulations , where as bars night clubs and entertainment venues will be the last to re open .. IMO many in the latter category possibly wont re open at all which will have a knock on effect for many.

I checked our wholesale business Isan customer base and over 90% are restaurants / pub eateries / hotels , guest house n resorts plus a shop or two .. and /or a combination of these ... fortunately we serve very very few bar only venues and no night clubs at all, so we may be ok as things go forward.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 21, 2020, 6:19 am

I don’t think the restaurants will be able to sell beer John, I hope I’m wrong but I think they mean McDonald’s, Pizza Co. and local eateries rather than farang bars that also offer food, I think soft drinks will be allowed until the booze ban is lifted. Let’s be honest, if they allowed restaurants to sell beer it would become a free for all and I don’t think they will let it happen. You might have to start using some of that cash under your mattress.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » April 21, 2020, 6:45 am

Thailand latest numbers
The total number of confirmed infections now stands at 2,792 cases.

No new fatalities were reported in today’s daily news briefing. As of Monday, 746 infected patients are being treated at hospitals, while 1,999 patients have recovered, the spokesman said.

so a whole total of 47 infected are minor and must be in self quarantine

strange numbers

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 21, 2020, 6:49 am

vincemunday wrote:
April 21, 2020, 6:19 am
I don’t think the restaurants will be able to sell beer John, I hope I’m wrong but I think they mean McDonald’s, Pizza Co. and local eateries rather than farang bars that also offer food, I think soft drinks will be allowed until the booze ban is lifted. Let’s be honest, if they allowed restaurants to sell beer it would become a free for all and I don’t think they will let it happen. You might have to start using some of that cash under your mattress.
Yes i wasnt looking at now or even may but into June when the booze ban should be lifted Vince , importers have been advised BY CUSTOMS they will be able to move products from May ????? not before so wait n see how it pans out .

Times are hard mate ,, i had to sell the stained mattress to the local science testing lab so i could buy essentials like dog food and gold tokens for my on line pleasures.

DM

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » April 21, 2020, 7:02 am

The new coronavirus is able to quickly mutate and multiple strains could account for differing impacts around the world.

Research by China’s top scientists found new strains of the virus not previously reported.

Professor Li Lanjuan and her colleagues from Zhejiang University also found direct evidence that certain mutations could create strains deadlier than others.

The team took viral strains from 11 randomly chosen COVID-19 patients from Hangzhou and tested how efficiently they could infect and kill cells, the SCMP reports.

This news keeps popping up all over the net news
If true no end in sight ever

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » April 21, 2020, 7:03 am

The World Health Organisation chief has warned “the worst is yet ahead of us” in the coronavirus outbreak as many countries ease restrictive measures aimed at reducing its spread.

More doom and gloom from WHO

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 21, 2020, 7:39 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 21, 2020, 6:49 am
vincemunday wrote:
April 21, 2020, 6:19 am
Yes i wasnt looking at now or even may but into June when the booze ban should be lifted Vince , importers have been advised BY CUSTOMS they will be able to move products from May ????? not before so wait n see how it pans out .

Times are hard mate ,, i had to sell the stained mattress to the local science testing lab so i could buy essentials like dog food and gold tokens for my on line pleasures.

DM
I can see a rush for pubs to get a license to serve food. Does having half-a-dozen Grab or Food Panda hot-shot delivery guys on standby count?

But I do like this though. “However, there must be no campaigns aimed at drawing large crowds to a certain spot such as flash sales." No more screeching, shouting 'pretties' on an overdriven, portable karaoke machine touting the best deal ever on panty liners or chook giblets.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 21, 2020, 12:09 pm

Only 19 new cases today, things are looking good, steady as she goes...
Attachments
IMG_0619.JPG

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 21, 2020, 1:31 pm

Positive numbers ... but .

To use the same words as government agencies .. because of limited testing the actual number of infections may be higher ..

Hence IMO the reason to tread carefully with the easing of restrictions and opening of some places ..

DM

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 21, 2020, 2:00 pm

Had UK restaurant owner on news prog yesterday, said he had been told when he reopens he will have to remove more than half his seating to comply with the expected guidelines. He pointed out that his profit margins made it uneconomical to re open with that level of customers so he did not expect to be able to re open his place until 2021

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » April 21, 2020, 3:50 pm

Todays number look good

With 19 new cases confirmed over a 24-hour period, Thailand had its best day this month in the battle against Covid-19. The number of Covid-19 patients in the country increased to 2,811while there was one death, Taweesin Visanuyothin, spokesman of the government’s Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration, said on Tuesday (April 21).

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » April 21, 2020, 7:24 pm

Thailand’s cabinet has approved a second automatic visa extension for foreigners for three more months. The extended amnesty is a bid to prevent long queues at immigration centres around the country.

Narumon Pinyosinwat, spokeswoman for the Thai government, says they want to stem the spread of the coronavirus and avoid foreigners having to wait in lines and threaten their own health and the health of immigration officials.

“Foreigners whose visas had expired since March 26 will be permitted to stay until July 30 without having to apply for an extension.”

Thailand has has recorded 2,811 coronavirus cases and 48 fatalities. 189 new cases were announced today.

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”