Marriage 40,000 a month

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
nutosf
udonmap.com

Re: Marriage 40,000 a month

Post by nutosf » October 15, 2020, 4:17 pm

The information I received was from an Immigration officer who handled my 60-day extension. I will be applying for a retirement visa based on marriage. The two are not related. I will follow-up with immigration in a couple of weeks to see what has changed, if anything, from the last information. As always in Thailand, it is not done until it is done.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » October 15, 2020, 7:32 pm

nutosf wrote:
October 15, 2020, 4:17 pm
The information I received was from an Immigration officer who handled my 60-day extension. I will be applying for a retirement visa based on marriage. The two are not related. I will follow-up with immigration in a couple of weeks to see what has changed, if anything, from the last information. As always in Thailand, it is not done until it is done.
You can not apply for a retirement visa based on marriage, there is no such thing.

You maybe able to apply for a non-O visa for retirement. (Possible because of Covid-19)
You maybe able to apply for a non-O visa for marriage. (Possible because of Covid-19)
TM 86 & TM 87

You will receive a 90 day permission to stay.

Then

You can apply for an extension of stay based on retirement
You can apply for an extension of stay based on marriage
TM 7

Or

You can apply for an extension of stay based on retirement
You can apply for an extension of stay based on marriage
TM 7

———————————-

Finances for the retirement extension can be
1) money in the bank
2) income from overseas
3) a combination of 1 & 2

Finances for the marriage extension can be
1) money in the bank (minimum time 60 days, minimum amount 400k)
2) income from overseas (minimum amount 40k per month, number of transfers depends on if it’s the 1st or subsequent extensions)
There is no combination method.

If you are making an application for extension of stay based on marriage and are successful in doing it by using a combination of income and bank deposit it will be a first.
Please report success or not.

I will be surprised if you are successful. If you are not you should have a plan B. The only plan B that I guess may work involves quite a lot of pretty coloured pieces of paper that you may be reluctant to give away.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

nutosf
udonmap.com

Post by nutosf » October 17, 2020, 1:12 pm

There is always a plan B. Also, C & D. Not too worried.

nutosf
udonmap.com

Post by nutosf » January 2, 2021, 3:52 pm

This is a follow-up post from the one below. I received my marriage visa on 24 Dec. The previous month I submitted my documents. I provided all of the normal documents, with copies of all. To my surprise, they accepted bank documents with just 7 months of bank deposits, 40k+ a month, and no cash deposits in a savings account. (I had cash ready to bring over but did not want to because of strong baht.)

I was also surprised at how nice everyone was. They made extra copies of documents as needed. They interviewed both the neighbor we brought with us as a witness and my wife. They did not ask me much and spoke mostly in Thai and not asking me a lot of questions. 2 immigration offers did the in-home inspection on Tuesday, a few days after our visit, the previous Friday. We had to provide a different witness for this inspection. They stayed for about 30 minutes. They took pictures and completed and signed documents and that was it. Really, the only comment to me was, 'Welcome to Thailand'. Not many questions directed towards me.

And that was that. Went back on 24 Dec. I gave them my passport. They had me wait outside for 20 minutes. Then presented with my new visa. My experiences with Pattaya Immigration was always a lot different.
nutosf wrote:
October 1, 2020, 4:48 pm
I applied and received my 60-day extension for a marriage visa at the Udon office in mid-September. I spoke with someone who appeared to be a supervisor. (He had a yellow shirt and everyone else had blue shirts.) I asked about a combination of monthly deposits and a separate savings account. He said yes.

1. I will have 7 months of deposits into a Thai bank from a US bank of at least 40k a month. (I would not need this if the consulate provides a letter of income.)
2. I need a separate bank account to show a deposit date of at least 2 months, prior to visa, date for whatever amount. I need 200k, I will deposit 300k and hope I'm safe.

I'm building a case so that next year I will not have to have funds in a Thai bank. I only asked about the bank deposits and not about other documents. I will have this in place before my next visit and will see what happens.

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”