Forign marrige certificate

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
ndreamer
udonmap.com

Post by ndreamer » August 4, 2020, 10:04 pm

Does anyone know the process to get this done ? Do i need to fly to bangkok to have my Australian certificate translated or can it be done locally in udon?

pal52
udonmap.com

Re: Forign marrige certificate

Post by pal52 » August 5, 2020, 7:10 am

Depends on what you intend to use the certificate for.
If it is for use at immigration to get a visa you need to get it certified by the Australian embassy.
Then translated into Thai by a Agency accepted by The Ministry of Foreign affairs and then certified by them in Bangkok.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » August 5, 2020, 11:25 am

ndreamer wrote:
August 4, 2020, 10:04 pm
Does anyone know the process to get this done ? Do i need to fly to bangkok to have my Australian certificate translated or can it be done locally in udon?
My marriage certificate is British but I had to send it to the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office to verify it was genuine (apostille) and they stamped and signed it. Then it had to go to the Consular Section of the Royal Thai Embassy for legalisation and verification, once this was done I had it couriered back to Thailand for use in applying for a marriage visa. This cannot be done in Thailand.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » August 5, 2020, 11:39 am

ndreamer wrote:
You really need to Email: [email protected] and enquire as different countries have different requirements. As vincemunday has said for a British certification the paperwork MUST be completed in London. Australia may be different.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » August 5, 2020, 11:42 am

vincemunday wrote:
August 5, 2020, 11:25 am
ndreamer wrote:
My marriage certificate is British but I had to send it to the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office to verify it was genuine (apostille) and they stamped and signed it. Then it had to go to the Consular Section of the Royal Thai Embassy for legalisation and verification, once this was done I had it couriered back to Thailand for use in applying for a marriage visa. This cannot be done in Thailand.
You still have to get it translated into Thai & officially authorised at the Ministry of Foreign affairs in Bangkok if you want to use it for a visa.

ndreamer
udonmap.com

Post by ndreamer » August 5, 2020, 4:21 pm

pal52 wrote:
August 5, 2020, 11:42 am
You still have to get it translated into Thai & officially authorised at the Ministry of Foreign affairs in Bangkok if you want to use it for a visa.
Thanks, I seen many posts about it on thai visa and things with little peices of information which are all diffrent. My embasey seems to be able to certify in bangkok but also gave me only a small amount of information. They did give me a list of translators at least.

Does the Ministry of Foreign, Amphur or Thai immigration require my passport to be Translated ? I found an article (this is for new marriges)
https://www.thethailandlife.com/married ... nd-diy-day

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » August 5, 2020, 4:24 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
August 5, 2020, 11:39 am
ndreamer wrote:
You really need to Email: [email protected] and enquire as different countries have different requirements. As vincemunday has said for a British certification the paperwork MUST be completed in London. Australia may be different.
SSWW. Vince was married in the UK, getting the marriage certified in Thailand verified might just be a little bit different than if you were married in Thailand and trying to get the local Embassy/Consulate to verify it. Never ever heard of people having to go back to the UK to verify their Thai marriage.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » August 5, 2020, 4:34 pm

pal52 wrote:
vincemunday wrote:
ndreamer wrote:
Thank you for the heads up, I didn't know that but I will now get that done, very much appreciated.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » August 5, 2020, 4:53 pm

vincemunday wrote:
August 5, 2020, 4:34 pm
pal52 wrote:
vincemunday wrote:
ndreamer wrote:
Thank you for the heads up, I didn't know that but I will now get that done, very much appreciated.
You should ask the Amphoe exactly which documents they need and in what format. You may need your passport translated and will probably need your parents names in Thai as well.
Last edited by sometimewoodworker on August 5, 2020, 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » August 5, 2020, 5:55 pm

vincemunday wrote:
August 5, 2020, 4:34 pm
pal52 wrote:
vincemunday wrote:
ndreamer wrote:
Vince you might want to call in PDC Visa services in Preecha Market.

Tel Khun Aoy 0899447904.

I have had a problem with my wife's Visa which needs our marriage certificate done at the Ministry of Foreign affairs.

She told me they can do this but I first have to get the marriage certificate officially endorsed by the Indonesia Embassy.

She said it can be done over the Internet & post but I did not ask for a price as I still have to gt the certificate endorsed.

Might save you a trip to Bangkok and all the hassle but you have to find out if it is worth it.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » August 5, 2020, 11:12 pm

ndreamer wrote:
This is a Lady who runs a Translation Service (pwtranslations) in Udon Thani. I have a feeling she may also be a Thai Public Notary, but can't be sure.

I used her Services a year ago. She translates documents for legal purpose, speaks perfect English (if there is such a thing), is very professional and also is very reasonable in her charging. I spoke with her on a number of issues and reviewed a number of Thai written documents with her, at her office, for over one hour and she charged me B 1,000.

Her name is Ms. Prachoom Wittaya and her email address is [email protected]. Her office is right next to TUKCOM Landmark Building and if you type pwtranslations into "Google Map Udon Thani", it will show you exactly where.

Good luck.

pipoz4444
unnamed.jpg
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » August 6, 2020, 8:39 am

pipoz4444 wrote:
August 5, 2020, 11:12 pm
ndreamer wrote:
This is a Lady who runs a Translation Service (pwtranslations) in Udon Thani. I have a feeling she may also be a Thai Public Notary, but can't be sure.

I used her Services a year ago. She translates documents for legal purpose, speaks perfect English (if there is such a thing), is very professional and also is very reasonable in her charging. I spoke with her on a number of issues and reviewed a number of Thai written documents with her, at her office, for over one hour and she charged me B 1,000.

Her name is Ms. Prachoom Wittaya and her email address is [email protected]. Her office is right next to TUKCOM Landmark Building and if you type pwtranslations into "Google Map Udon Thani", it will show you exactly where.

Good luck.

pipoz4444

unnamed.jpg
She is a very good friend of our family and it’s our first port of call today, thank you Pipoz

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » August 7, 2020, 2:20 pm

vincemunday wrote:
August 6, 2020, 8:39 am
pipoz4444 wrote:
August 5, 2020, 11:12 pm
ndreamer wrote:

Good luck.

pipoz4444

unnamed.jpg
She is a very good friend of our family and it’s our first port of call today, thank you Pipoz
What was the outcome.
Is she approved by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
As far as I know and someone please correct me if I am wrong.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has a list of approved translators and do not accept translations from anyone else.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » August 7, 2020, 4:05 pm

What was the outcome.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has a list of approved translators and do not accept translations from anyone else.
[/quote]

Hi pal52,

Not sure what you mean by "What was the Outcome"

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » August 7, 2020, 4:58 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
August 7, 2020, 4:05 pm
What was the outcome.

Hi pal52,

pipoz4444
[/quote]

It means that Vince has said needs to get his Certified Marriage Certificate translated into Thai.
Then he needs it Certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

He was visiting the Translator lady yesterday as his first port of call.
So if he did visit her what was the outcome / end product of the conversation.
I would think he would have the Common Sense to ask if the Translation by the above was acceptable by the said Ministry.

If not then another Approved Translator in Bangkok would have to be found.

As I said above please correct me if I am wrong about the list of approved translators only being accepted by them

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » August 7, 2020, 5:40 pm

pal52 wrote:
August 7, 2020, 4:58 pm
pipoz4444 wrote:
What was the outcome.
Sorry Pal52, I've not been too clever lately so not been into town yet but will ask her via messenger.

Hi pal52,

pipoz4444
It means that Vince has said needs to get his Certified Marriage Certificate translated into Thai.

I would think he would have the Common Sense to ask if the Translation by the above was acceptable by the said Ministry.

As I said above please correct me if I am wrong about the list of approved translators only being accepted by them

[/quote]

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » August 7, 2020, 5:54 pm

vincemunday wrote:
August 7, 2020, 5:40 pm
pal52 wrote:
August 7, 2020, 4:58 pm
pipoz4444 wrote:
What was the outcome.
Sorry Pal52, I've not been too clever lately so not been into town yet but will ask her via messenger.

Hi pal52,

pipoz4444

[/quote]

You have replied but forgot to post the answer Vince.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » August 7, 2020, 6:00 pm

I did answer but it got swamped above, I've been rough lately and haven't yet been into town but I've asked her via messenger if she can do it, she's usually pretty quick getting back so I'll let you know.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » August 7, 2020, 6:11 pm

Pal52

Mate I think better to ring the number on the business card pipozz attached.
I think as Vince said he’s been crook lately, so may not get there.
They speak perfect English and will provide your answers quickly.
I’ve used them for translation and certifying docs through their lawyer. Very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » August 7, 2020, 6:19 pm

vincemunday wrote:
August 7, 2020, 6:00 pm
I did answer but it got swamped above, I've been rough lately and haven't yet been into town but I've asked her via messenger if she can do it, she's usually pretty quick getting back so I'll let you know.
Thanks for that.
I am in the same situation as you except I do not have the Certified Document from the Indonesia Embassy yet same as the original poster.
I have 10 months to sort it out not sure about the original poster as he can get his cert done at the Aussie Embassy same as me at the Indonesia Embassy when I can eventually contact them by e mail or registered post.

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”