Forign marrige certificate

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
vincemunday
udonmap.com

Re: Forign marrige certificate

Post by vincemunday » August 7, 2020, 6:23 pm

pal52 wrote:
August 7, 2020, 6:19 pm
vincemunday wrote:
August 7, 2020, 6:00 pm
I did answer but it got swamped above, I've been rough lately and haven't yet been into town but I've asked her via messenger if she can do it, she's usually pretty quick getting back so I'll let you know.
Thanks for that.
I am in the same situation as you except I do not have the Certified Document from the Indonesia Embassy yet same as the original poster.
I have 10 months to sort it out not sure about the original poster as he has not replied to any posts .
Fortunately I have until March but I think I will apply three months early so I can transfer the funds over if I need to or alternatively have 3 months to sort out any problems, I think using these agencies is bit of a no, no these days, it looks like they're beginning to clamp down on that.

The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » August 7, 2020, 7:35 pm

ndreamer wrote:
August 5, 2020, 4:21 pm
pal52 wrote:
August 5, 2020, 11:42 am
You still have to get it translated into Thai & officially authorised at the Ministry of Foreign affairs in Bangkok if you want to use it for a visa.
Thanks, I seen many posts about it on thai visa and things with little peices of information which are all diffrent. My embasey seems to be able to certify in bangkok but also gave me only a small amount of information. They did give me a list of translators at least.

Does the Ministry of Foreign, Amphur or Thai immigration require my passport to be Translated ? I found an article (this is for new marriges)
https://www.thethailandlife.com/married ... nd-diy-day
ndreamer

I went through the same process (through Australia - DFAT Department of Foreign Affairs and Trading) similar to that of Vince for getting his Marriage Certificate attested, in UK. Mine wasn't for a Marriage Certificate. Mine was when I was based overseas and needed to get certain Education and other Specific Documents, Attested to, in Australia. But it is the same or very similar process.

If you need to get your Marriage Certificate Attested to in Australia, for it to meet the needs of the Thai Government/Thai Department of Immigration, then -

The process for getting any documents Attested in Australia, when overseas,was or is. This was several years back.

1. You go through a Notary/Apostille or a Lawyer. (Some States refer to them as Apostilles and some States as Notaries). There is a reason for needing to engage or go through a Notary/Apostille/Lawyer (ref Item 3). You will need to courier your Original Document to him, presumably after a few emails with him on the specifics and costs.

2. Once received, the Notary or a Lawyer will then verify your original Document, through the responsible Government body. In your case, it is referred to as the "Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages". For you, your record of marriage will be in the capital city of the State in which you were married.

3. After the Notary/Lawyer has verified your document with the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages, (signed/stamped it with his Red Wax insignia/seal) he or his Officer will then take the Document to DFAT. Individuals like you and me cannot directly lodge Documents with DFAT, any more. DFAT implemented this procedure/rule in early 2017, I believe, to ensure Fraudulent documents were not lodged with them. This is why they will only receive the Document if it comes direct from a Notary/Lawyer or his Officer.

4. After a week DFAT will contact the Notary/Lawyer and return the Document to him, with the DFAT Stamp on it as well (a stamp which basically says, all care and no responsibility for the Document). The Document now has two stamps on it.

5. Next the Notary/Lawyer will courier or deliver the to the respective Embassy. I your case the Thai Embassy. Normally the Embassy has a standard Form, which the Notary can obtain On-Line and then complete and affix to your Verified & DFAT Stamped Document.

6. Next the Embassy will add their Certification/Verification Stamp to the Document (it now has 3 stamps on it) and courier it back to the Notary/Lawyer.

7. Next your Notary/Lawyer will contact you and advise that he has a fully "Attested Document" and that he will courier it to you at your overseas address, once you Pay his Bill and that you will need to Pay Collect at your end.

8. Next you recover from fainting and get yourself up off the floor, and go an get drunk \:D/ \:D/

I have been through this process several times, having sent Document from overseas to Australia (via South Australia) to get them Attested this way and then get them back will all the Bells, Whistles and Stamps on them, to satisfy the overseas end Government requirements.
apostille-convention-seal-australia-birth-certificate-seal-png-clip-art.png

Good luck with your endeavors and the process takes time (months)

pipoz444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » August 8, 2020, 1:19 pm

I have spoken with the lady who owns the school, yes she can translate the Apostille etc and have it stamped by the MFA, to do this you may have to sign over power of attorney so she can do this for you.

I raised the issue of translation of parents names etc and she said that she usually takes care of this when she translates the passport.

The school is extremely reliable when it comes to translations and has very reasonable prices, the owner Panarai is very knowledgable when it comes to documentation for visa applications etc.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » August 8, 2020, 2:00 pm

Here is the information sheet I got from immigration re the spouse visa, please take a look at number 7, it clearly states that English and Thai are acceptable and all other languages will need to be translated i.e. the English Apostille will not need translation. Of course because it's in black and white doesn't mean it's black and white and when i'm feeling a bit better I will go into Immigrations, show them this sheet and ask them to confirm it one way or the other, unless someone else beats me to it and puts the response on here.
Attachments
visaP2.pdf
(464.62 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
visaP1.pdf
(410.61 KiB) Downloaded 146 times

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » August 8, 2020, 2:18 pm

For those who might need it Form TM7
Attachments
tm7.pdf
(81.6 KiB) Downloaded 139 times

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » August 8, 2020, 2:27 pm

The Apostille process in the UK is very different to Pipo's experience.

1, Go to the British Foreign and Commonwealth office website, type in Apostille and you will be taken to a form that you complete and pay the fee, dirt cheap about £11 i think. This warns the BFCO that you will be sending in your wedding certificate and include whatever document they ask for, very simple.

2, Post your wedding cert to the BFCO, mine took a while to get there because of Covid but they sent me a few reminders to say they didn't have it then one confirming they did.

3, I got an email saying it was ready for collection

4, My brother collected it, run it round to the Thai Embassy, parted with another £25 and two days later it was couriered back to his home all countersigned and ready to go.

5, it was posted back to me.

So it would seem a much simpler process for us Brits.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » August 8, 2020, 8:29 pm

vincemunday wrote:
August 8, 2020, 2:00 pm
Here is the information sheet I got from immigration re the spouse visa, please take a look at number 7, it clearly states that English and Thai are acceptable and all other languages will need to be translated i.e. the English Apostille will not need translation. Of course because it's in black and white doesn't mean it's black and white and when i'm feeling a bit better I will go into Immigrations, show them this sheet and ask them to confirm it one way or the other, unless someone else beats me to it and puts the response on here.
For immigration English and Thai are accepted.

But for registering a marriage with the Amphoe/Ket the requirements are not the same, some/many/most require some/all documents to be translated into Thai. Since you have to register your foreign marriage to be able to get a KR22 at an Amphoe it’s the requirements there that are important, anything immigration says probably makes no difference.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » August 8, 2020, 8:35 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
August 8, 2020, 8:29 pm
vincemunday wrote:

But for registering a marriage with the Amphoe/Ket the requirements are not the same, some/many/most require some/all documents to be translated into Thai. Since you have to register your foreign marriage to be able to get a KR22 at an Amphoe it’s the requirements there that are important, anything immigration says probably makes no difference.
Ok, the list if required documents I have got from immigration doesn't even mention a KR22, I shall ask immigration why not.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » August 8, 2020, 8:52 pm

vincemunday wrote:
August 8, 2020, 8:35 pm
vincemunday wrote:

Ok, the list if required documents I have got from immigration doesn't even mention a KR22, I shall ask immigration why not.
My brochure does, yours does, as well as the KR 3 under section 14.

1ACD0376-C614-429B-9598-AE6DC9254918.jpeg
KR2 is for a marriage in Thailand KR22 is for a marriage anywhere else
Last edited by sometimewoodworker on August 8, 2020, 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » August 8, 2020, 8:57 pm

So it's a KR2 not 22? So what exactly is a KR2?

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » August 8, 2020, 8:58 pm

vincemunday wrote:
August 8, 2020, 8:57 pm
Did you read my post? It’s just above.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » August 8, 2020, 9:03 pm

August 8, 2020, 8:58 pm
vincemunday wrote:
Yes but your document doesn't mention a KR22, if you can't be civil don't bother commenting.

Toned down response.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » August 8, 2020, 9:48 pm

vincemunday wrote:
August 8, 2020, 2:27 pm
The Apostille process in the UK is very different to Pipo's experience.

1, Go to the British Foreign and Commonwealth office website, type in Apostille and you will be taken to a form that you complete and pay the fee, dirt cheap about £11 i think. This warns the BFCO that you will be sending in your wedding certificate and include whatever document they ask for, very simple.

2, Post your wedding cert to the BFCO, mine took a while to get there because of Covid but they sent me a few reminders to say they didn't have it then one confirming they did.

3, I got an email saying it was ready for collection

4, My brother collected it, run it round to the Thai Embassy, parted with another £25 and two days later it was couriered back to his home all countersigned and ready to go.

5, it was posted back to me.

So it would seem a much simpler process for us Brits.
Hi Vince

I think I will change my nationality, if there is a next time.

Mine cost in the 1,000's USD

I need a few stiff drinks at the end of it

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » August 8, 2020, 9:50 pm

Nothing wrong with a few stiff drinks mate.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » August 9, 2020, 6:48 am

vincemunday wrote:
August 8, 2020, 9:03 pm
August 8, 2020, 8:58 pm
vincemunday wrote:
Yes but your document doesn't mention a KR22, if you can't be civil don't bother commenting.

Toned down response.
What is uncivil about pointing out your question had been answered (& where) and that your leaflet, which was printed much later than mine, does mention the thing you said it did not?

Also all other documents not specifically mentioned in the leaflet are included on the first line of both leaflets No. 14. In both versions.

Further I was not commenting (I do sometimes) I was answering the question you asked.
If you don’t want to read my posts there is a simple way offered by the BBS Software for you to hide the text.
Last edited by sometimewoodworker on August 9, 2020, 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » August 9, 2020, 7:19 am

Maybe I misjudged the tone, if I did I apologise it easily happens when reading a comment, yes when I look again mine does mention it under point 14 but it just so happens that the second two is on a crease and unless you look carefully (I obviously didn't) you can't see it.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » August 9, 2020, 12:51 pm

vincemunday wrote:
August 9, 2020, 7:19 am
Maybe I misjudged the tone, if I did I apologise it easily happens when reading a comment, yes when I look again mine does mention it under point 14 but it just so happens that the second two is on a crease and unless you look carefully (I obviously didn't) you can't see it.
No apology asked for or required, though being a little less trigger happy 😃 will not be bad and maybe help your blood pressure.

There was no tone, snarky or otherwise, and no comment, you asked.
In the post above your question I had posted
KR2 is for a marriage in Thailand KR22 is for a marriage anywhere else
So my post.
Referred you to that.

I was on a trip so had little time for posting anything other than the minimum answer that gave everything needed.

If you still want more information about what exactly is a KR2/KR22 and where to/ how to get them I or others can elaborate.

SWMBO complains sometimes that I over explain so I’m cutting back. :lol:

As I’m at home at the moment I’ve got a bit more time so that’s why this is longer.

ndreamer
udonmap.com

Post by ndreamer » August 11, 2020, 3:27 pm

see below
Last edited by ndreamer on August 11, 2020, 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ndreamer
udonmap.com

Post by ndreamer » August 11, 2020, 4:04 pm

ndreamer wrote:
August 11, 2020, 3:27 pm
Is the visit family 60day extension the same ? Does it require the Kor Ro documents ?
vincemunday wrote:

Thanks so still need the translations anyway.

The consolate gave me this website to book for notarial services
https://thailand.embassy.gov.au/bkok/No ... vices.html

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » August 11, 2020, 5:26 pm

ndreamer wrote:
August 11, 2020, 3:27 pm
see below
Below is a quote :lol: (now above)

Is it so interesting?