Renew marriage visa

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
Sam1925
udonmap.com

Renew marriage visa

Post by Sam1925 » May 24, 2021, 7:37 pm

Went to renew marriage visa and the bozo had his hand out under the table wanting money and my wife had her phone taping and informing the fool that she was taping. Boy did my papers and passport get stamped ASAP and no TIPS.
All I can say folks is have a wife that stands up and fights and that will not take ---- from them. I was laughing all the way home. =D> =D> Now I know the wife married me for the money or was it for love. :lol: :lol:

Whistler
udonmap.com

Re: Renew marriage visa

Post by Whistler » May 24, 2021, 8:46 pm

clap, more applause
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » May 25, 2021, 7:57 am

Sam1925 wrote:
May 24, 2021, 7:37 pm
Went to renew marriage visa and the bozo had his hand out under the table wanting money and my wife had her phone taping and informing the fool that she was taping. Boy did my papers and passport get stamped ASAP and no TIPS.
All I can say folks is have a wife that stands up and fights and that will not take **** from them. I was laughing all the way home. =D> =D> Now I know the wife married me for the money or was it for love. :lol: :lol:
Nope it's her money and she ain't sharing her lottery win with others 🤣

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » May 25, 2021, 10:58 am

Sam1925 wrote:
May 24, 2021, 7:37 pm
All I can say folks is have a wife that stands up and fights and that will not take **** from them. I was laughing all the way home. =D> =D> Now I know the wife married me for the money or was it for love. :lol: :lol:
I’m actually rather interested in this as I was in Immo myself for a marriage extension & had a polar opposite experience.
I guess you were using the first desk to the right of the post as that was the only one I saw manned by a chap.

I was at desk 4 & the girl there couldn’t have been any more helpful, pleasant & professional. It started out with a discussion about the Amphoe giving us an incorrect Kor Ror 2, I wasn’t sent away, just told to pop back later this week with a correct one.
Everything was then stamped tout de suite, extra copies were made where necessary, my passport was re-copied as their filing system is portrait & I’d done it landscape (I know now). 90 day report slip was adjusted to the new date, under consideration stamp put in my passport & only then was I asked to pay for the extension, only extension, no extras.

Tell me, how & at what point in the application was the subject of a bribe broached so I can look out for it in the future, cheers?
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

LoneTraveler
udonmap.com

Post by LoneTraveler » May 27, 2021, 2:14 pm

Hi I am about to renew marriage visa and a few months ago I read that there is now a requirement to include a document that states the date wife had her last name changed to husband's. Wife did this and has ID card reflecting name change but I am sure they will not accept the ID as proof. I have not read anything further. Has anyone been asked by Immigration for this document? Last time I renewed, IO told me to get a KOR 2 which is less than 7 days old even though the one I presented was 10 days old. My wife went to get new Kor 2 while I stayed and continued with the paper work. The woman doing my renewal looked at him strangely and just shook her head.

Thank you in advance

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » May 27, 2021, 2:20 pm

LoneTraveler wrote:
May 27, 2021, 2:14 pm
Hi I am about to renew marriage visa and a few months ago I read that there is now a requirement to include a document that states the date wife had her last name changed to husband's. Wife did this and has ID card reflecting name change but I am sure they will not accept the ID as proof. I have not read anything further. Has anyone been asked by Immigration for this document? Last time I renewed, IO told me to get a KOR 2 which is less than 7 days old even though the one I presented was 10 days old. My wife went to get new Kor 2 while I stayed and continued with the paper work. The woman doing my renewal looked at him strangely and just shook her head.

Thank you in advance
Depends on the year you married & wife changed her name as to whether you need the document.
I think it’s fairly recent but not sure

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » May 27, 2021, 2:24 pm

Just sorted out our new Kor Ror 2. Mrs N took precisely 6 minutes in the Amphoe. I’d only just managed to manoeuvre into a parking space.
Shot down to Immo & they immediately took the required copies, asked me to sign them & I was out again in less than 10mins.
It was very busy otherwise with mainly what appeared to be Asian nationalities

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » May 27, 2021, 2:54 pm

Hi Niggly
Was fined 12K by the IO this week for allowing the minimum maintained sum in my account to fall below 400K for just over a week on my retirement extension.
What is the figures required to be maintained for an extension based on marriage. Cannot find any info of minimum maintained amount. Cheers.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 27, 2021, 2:56 pm

LoneTraveler wrote:
May 27, 2021, 2:14 pm

Thank you in advance
The name change document was introduced in around 2013. It is similar to the KR3 in size but is predominantly green. (It may be KR5 I don’t remember) If you married before that it is not available, immigration knows the exact date and doesn’t require it if you married before that. You will not have one if your wife kept her family name.

The requirement for the KR2 to be 7 days or less is normal in Udon
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » May 27, 2021, 6:10 pm

AlexO wrote:
May 27, 2021, 2:54 pm
Hi Niggly
Was fined 12K by the IO this week for allowing the minimum maintained sum in my account to fall below 400K for just over a week on my retirement extension.
What is the figures required to be maintained for an extension based on marriage. Cannot find any info of minimum maintained amount. Cheers.
Dunno to be honest. I know it’s 400k for two months before first application so just chucked it in an account last year & haven't touched it since.
The bank manager was a bit concerned when I asked for a statement saying he could only print 6 months & would have to order 12 months & it takes 5 working days so just thought I’d wing it. I was applying early so had time to compile anything else if needed.
I just gave immo the standard bank letter, the 6 month statement (which didn’t seem to be in any logical order to me) & my bank book. I was careful to perform a transaction that morning so the book showed the days date & they took a copy of it in Immo so that may have sufficed for demonstrating it hadn’t gone below 400k in the 12 months?

Sorry can’t be more help

I find these guys very helpful if you’re not already a member of their group

https://facebook.com/groups/13959203207 ... rer=search

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » May 27, 2021, 7:08 pm

Niggly wrote:
May 27, 2021, 6:10 pm
AlexO wrote:
Hi Niggly
Dunno to be honest. I know it’s 400k for two months before first application so just chucked it in an account last year & haven't touched it since.
The bank manager was a bit concerned when I asked for a statement saying he could only print 6 months & would have to order 12 months & it takes 5 working days so just thought I’d wing it. I was applying early so had time to compile anything else if needed.
I just gave immo the standard bank letter, the 6 month statement (which didn’t seem to be in any logical order to me) & my bank book. I was careful to perform a transaction that morning so the book showed the days date & they took a copy of it in Immo so that may have sufficed for demonstrating it hadn’t gone below 400k in the 12 months?

Sorry can’t be more help

I find these guys very helpful if you’re not already a member of their group

https://facebook.com/groups/13959203207 ... rer=search
Only need 400k for the 3 months before renewal of extension
Get the extension dont give the wife the account

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 27, 2021, 8:13 pm

AlexO wrote:
Hi Niggly
The financial requirements are
Retirement: 800k for 2 months before application 800k for 3 months after application, never under 400k at all other times.

Marriage: 400k for 2 months before application.

However udon may ask to check at some point during the under consideration that you still have 400k on deposit. They will tell you during the application process if you need to return with proof of funds.

You are lucky that they permitted an extension with extra payment as they could have just refused an extension.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 27, 2021, 8:19 pm

noosard wrote:
May 27, 2021, 7:08 pm

Only need 400k for the 3 months before renewal of extension
Get the extension dont give the wife the account
Both marriage and retirement are 2 months before application.

The 3 month before requirement was only ever for retirement and it changed a couple of years ago to the same 2 months as marriage needs.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » May 27, 2021, 8:27 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
May 27, 2021, 8:19 pm

The 3 month before requirement was only ever for retirement and it changed a couple of years ago to the same 2 months as marriage needs.
Does this mean for a marriage extension a copy of the book showing a starting balance of 400k+ two months before application & an ending balance of 400k+ on the day of application without it dropping below inbetween will suffice over a bank statement?

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » May 28, 2021, 5:55 am

Niggly wrote:
May 27, 2021, 8:27 pm
sometimewoodworker wrote:
May 27, 2021, 8:19 pm

Does this mean for a marriage extension a copy of the book showing a starting balance of 400k+ two months before application & an ending balance of 400k+ on the day of application without it dropping below inbetween will suffice over a bank statement?
No .
Happy to help .

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » May 28, 2021, 7:01 am

Unless IMO is wrong they told me 400k 3 months before renewal
I am doing it right now for July renewal

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » May 28, 2021, 7:28 am

noosard wrote:
May 28, 2021, 7:01 am
From what I remember it's 2 months plus the 1 month your application is being considered. So if renewing July 1st the 400k should have been deposited before May 1

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 28, 2021, 7:34 am

noosard wrote:
Unless IMO is wrong they told me 3 months before renewal
If you are talking about Retirement that was the old condition & is in the police order in 2014.
44762A43-CCD0-4D63-A946-DA908EAA02E8.jpeg
It was changed in 2019 when the requirement for a continuous balance was introduced
89FAEBB4-4A17-4D8F-98B8-AE19DCF2C420.jpeg

For marriage it has always been 2 months,
from the immigration pamphlet
4DE8CB00-8A4E-46BF-9828-7CA23F16EAB6.jpeg
From ORDER OF THE IMMIGRATION BUREAU No. 327/2557 (2014)
7D2B19B4-E0E4-4B6E-9E3A-7DAE81A36DFA.jpeg
Immigration officials can always as for more however talking to the officer in charge of that office can also get the required funds to be reduced to the standard.

Personally my money is in a 4 year fixed term deposit that is currently paying more interest than most accounts so I easily cover all requirements, real or additional.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » May 28, 2021, 7:42 am

I have that list for making first extension of marriage visa
like i said i asked at IMO while doing my 90 day report which didnt work online because it did not accept my TM6 date and number and they said said 90 days 400k if they are wrong, 60 days is fine
better to be too much than too little
So if someone wanted know what IMO wants best go ask since in the fine print they can ask for whatever

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 28, 2021, 7:49 am

dunroaming wrote:
May 28, 2021, 7:28 am
noosard wrote:
From what I remember it's 2 months plus the 1 month your application is being considered. So if renewing July 1st the 400k should have been deposited before May 1
The requirement for keeping the 400k during period of under consideration is an additional one by Udon, it doesn’t apply universally, you will be informed during your application if you need to come back and the date you need to return with proof if it applies to you.

2 years ago I was asked to provide proof during the under consideration period. Last year and this year I have not been asked for proof. Possibly the kind of account the money is in has an influence.

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”