Visa Question

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Re: Visa Question

Post by newtovillagelife » March 13, 2022, 3:05 am

marcus1 wrote:
March 11, 2022, 11:45 pm
No problem...
Just a quick foot note..
Udon Thani immigration office refused to do mine many years ago and I had to go to Bangkok to get done.
Hopefully they are more receptive now.
Who Know's..!!!
Will Immigration in Bangkok allow you to use Udon home address, and bank letter from Udon branch.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » March 13, 2022, 7:31 am

newtovillagelife wrote:
March 13, 2022, 3:05 am

Will Immigration in Bangkok allow you to use Udon home address, and bank letter from Udon branch.
No. You will need information from a Bangkok hotel for home address & since the letter may be required to be dated the same day as your application it’s just as easy to get it in Bangkok. You will need to visit Bangkok twice to get the visa there.

I suggest you get your ducks in a row and apply to Udon immigration the week you arrive.

The most likely outcome will be that your application will be accepted or you might be asked for another document or 2.

In the unlikely event of a refusal you will have plenty of time to get to Bangkok and put your application in there
Last edited by sometimewoodworker on March 13, 2022, 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » March 13, 2022, 8:23 am

marcus1 wrote:
March 13, 2022, 1:08 am
STWW..
Can you please tell me where I stated it needs to be a new account as per your response..???
You are conflating threads and seem to be confused as to what has been posted in the thread you are replying to.
marcus1 wrote:
Newtolifevillage clearly states he has to open a new account upon arrival..!!!
No he doesn't, in this thread
marcus1 wrote:

Thus my response of proof of international transfer.
And as I have correctly responded Udon immigration is known to ignore all requirements for proof of origin, along with there being no requirement that the money be self transferred
marcus1 wrote:
Secondly I clearly stated that the application for retirement or marriage extension must be done a few weeks prior to expiry of the 90 day "Non O".
That may have been what you ment it isn't the statement you made, "about 2 weeks" isn't "a few weeks"

Also you are really getting confused or mixing things up and that is less than helpful. Take time, breath, reread the thread, before posting.

Application for an extension of stay granted from a Non-O visa can be done on the last day. For retirement it is granted on the same day for marriage it will be granted approximately 30 day after the extension expires (NOTE this is specifically for Udon immigration)

A single entry Non-O visa granted in county is always marked as used the day it is issued so there are no expiration requirements

Application for a single entry Non-O visa to be granted in county must be made when there are 15 days or more remaining on your current permission to stay.
marcus1 wrote:
Also you will find a 90 day "Non o" can not be approved by Udon Thani immigration.
I have never suggested that it was

marcus1 wrote:
Only Bangkok can approve said application thus the reason it takes a few weeks.
And your proof that the approval is not with the region 4 HQ in Khon Kaen as with other approvals?, or is that imaginary as well
marcus1 wrote:
May I suggest as said before by other members....go to immigration and check for one's self...Alway's good to do.
Difficult for someone not in country to do who is asking for information prior to arrival, isn't it?

You also seem to fail to understand that immigration is very bad at answering "what if or hypothetical" questions, so may well not be the best place for information, for direct questions and if you live close by, sure, not so much if you have a 2 hour trip to get there.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » May 7, 2022, 4:07 pm

I just arrived back in Thailand on a 30 day regular visa. I was told by immigration that I can turn this into a long stay retirement visa, just need to show 800k in the bank, with letter from bank and updated statement. But no mention of having to have insurance? Is that correct.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 7, 2022, 4:38 pm

newtovillagelife wrote:
May 7, 2022, 4:07 pm
I just arrived back in Thailand on a 30 day regular visa. I was told by immigration that I can turn this into a long stay retirement visa, just need to show 800k in the bank, with letter from bank and updated statement. But no mention of having to have insurance? Is that correct.
You entered on a 30-day visa-exempt entry.

This can be converted into a locally issued 90-day Non-O visa for retirement while your 800k baht seasons (2 months). SSWW will hopefully post to confirm the minimum time remaining on the 30-day entry to do this.

Then it is converted locally into a 1-year retirement extension. Again, this must be initiated within a certain remaining 90-day validity.

It is correct that no proof of insurance is required by immigration but looking at recent threads, maybe you can get some anyway for peace of mind.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » May 7, 2022, 6:29 pm

Tamada, do you know what my fees would be, I am assuming 1900B for the 90 day and then another 1900B for the retirement extension. Also can the retirement extension be a multi entry ? Does this change the fee?
Thanks for your info.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 7, 2022, 6:59 pm

No idea what they charge, sorry.

The retirement extension doesn't have single/multi status. If you are leaving the country during the year, you keep it alive by applying for a re-entry permit before you leave. If you don't get this, the extension will be invalidated on the day you leave the country.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » May 7, 2022, 7:24 pm

newtovillagelife wrote:
Get An Agent Then You DON'T Have to tie up 800k in the Bank.....Simples !!

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 7, 2022, 9:27 pm

newtovillagelife wrote:
No insurance is required.
The fee is 2,000 Baht

The requirement at 5.3 to prove that the 800k is a transfer from overseas has been known to be disregarded if you have a reasonably long term deposit, go in early if you have a short term deposit and ask, you could well get lucky.

you MUST have at least 15 days remaining on your permission to stay.

You will be given an under consideration stamp and will have to return.

Once the visa has been issued and immediately marked as used you then extended it once your deposit has seasoned for 2 months or up to 45 days (this is new it used to be 30 days)

You can get a re entry permit, single entry 1,000 Baht multi entry 3,600 Baht
C35FE483-76B6-4625-8553-8A8C74072BE4.jpeg
B3DDF962-6E15-4743-A439-A968C26C32E4.jpeg

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”