Getting a Thai Visa in Oz

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
samster
udonmap.com

Getting a Thai Visa in Oz

Post by samster » April 3, 2022, 7:04 pm

Asking for a friend...

British national, formerly on an O Visa which expired and, now on tourist.

He's leaving Thailand to visit family in Perth, Australia and needs to apply for a Visa to come back. I've told him it's probably easier to apply via online RTE in London but, hes not comfortable online and, prefers to do in Oz. Hes wanting do a 60 day tourist or 90 day non O and convert/extend over here.

There appears to be the facility to download a form on RTE website which he can do

- Any problems anyone can foresee in a British national applying for a Thai Visa in Australia?
- Is everything done by post in Oz? I thought I saw something somewhere saying you had to pick up the passport in person?

Thanks

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Getting a Thai Visa in Oz

Post by tamada » April 4, 2022, 6:08 am

On what grounds would he qualify for the 'O'?

Non-resident foreigners or visitors to Australia are limited to applying for a TR visa. They cannot apply for a Non-O visa of any sort.

https://canberra.thaiembassy.org/processing-time/

It may be easier to do a visa exempt entry to Thailand, apply for the 90-day 'O' in-country and apply for the extension before it expires.

I think online and by post is the preferred visa application method and a lot of RTE's remain closed. Although the one in Canberra may be open to walk-in applicants, that's a long walk from Perth.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » April 4, 2022, 8:55 am

Thanks. I looked at something yesterday which was completely different to your link. Dont really know how hes entering Oz but, will check. Looking at the link, as you say, if a visitor (whatever that constitutes!), not eligible for O.

He obviously doesnt want to go to the embassy. I asked because, what I was looking at, suggested that you needed to. Thought that was a strange situation for such a large country. As Jenny Agutter taught me, it's no fun to go Walkabout in Oz.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » April 4, 2022, 10:39 am

Here is some information and contact details:-

https://www.thaiconsulateperth.com/
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”