TM30 Notification of Residence

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
jackspratt
udonmap.com

TM30 Notification of Residence

Post by jackspratt » April 17, 2022, 10:12 am

Does anyone have recent experience with coming back into Thailand on a Re-entry Permit, and the need (or not) to file a new TM30 if you are living at the same address as before you left?

Thanks

samster
udonmap.com

Re: TM30 Notification of Residence

Post by samster » April 17, 2022, 10:32 am

Not got an answer for you Jack but, my personal experience is.....

For 10+ years, I entered Thailand many times and, never reported to immigration on arrival basically because I didnt know you had to!

Since I've become aware, I do it every time I return (3 or 4 times a year). Last time I came back the immigration officer (Khon Kaen) had obviously had enough of seeing me as he said, "you dont need to come next time". No idea why!

As I put my home address on the TM6 on entry to Thailand, I wonder if that was sufficient?

Would be good to hear the correct procedure.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 17, 2022, 2:23 pm

Typically it depends on the immigration office you report to, the immigration officer that you talk to once you go there, the day of the week and the weather. Can you confirm that before you buggered off, you were doing 90-day reports either in person or online without a hitch?

sometimewoodworker keeps a loose tab on these sort of variables as TM30 filing and may have current info. But if the trip into Oodorn some day next week (NOT Monday and optimally after lunch) and finding a place to park isn't too much of a chore, why not drop by and ask? Don't waste time downloading a form and filling it in ahead of time as they are well into the digitization of stuff and chances are, if you do need to file a new one, they will just ask you to sign a blank TM30 and they'll handball your stuff in from the database.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » April 17, 2022, 2:42 pm

This was a trending topic 10 or so years ago. We returned from a trip to the US and reported to immigration the next day. We were told nothing was needed.....just resume 90 day reports from the day we returned. That's what we've done on multiple occasions, and never had a problem when it comes time to do our annual extension.

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Post by Wee Jimmy » April 17, 2022, 3:31 pm

There was a bit on here a couple of years ago regard this. Immigration Heads-Up was the tittle. I'll see if I can find it..

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Post by Wee Jimmy » April 17, 2022, 3:34 pm

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 17, 2022, 3:48 pm

jackspratt wrote:
April 17, 2022, 10:12 am
Does anyone have recent experience with coming back into Thailand on a Re-entry Permit, and the need (or not) to file a new TM30 if you are living at the same address as before you left?

Thanks
Since June 30 2020 the requirements to do a TM30 on returning to your home after either a trip staying in hotels or returning from overseas has been stopped.

Until about 2018 the TM30 system was loosely enforced, in 2019 some offices started rigid enforcement, generating some large amounts in fines, the June 2020 ruling stamped this out.

The requirement for a new TM30 is restricted to the case where you have done a TM30 at a private residence and return to your Udon (or any other home)

So in short a TM30 at a private residence cancels all previous TM30s, and makes that your official Thai address.

however TIT YMMV at least I person I know of can do a 90 day report in more than 1 office without having to do a TM30 each time, usually you are restricted to using the latest private TM30 reported address.
1ABA3582-AC0A-4140-A575-632AC5FA0087.jpeg
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 17, 2022, 4:30 pm

Thanks for all of your input.

After reading the responses, plus more on Thai Visa and a couple of other websites, I am pretty confident my TM30 does not need to be updated.

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » April 17, 2022, 6:26 pm

just a daft comment...wouldnt they have your address on the Arrivals Card when you entry country..

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 17, 2022, 6:45 pm

maaka wrote:
April 17, 2022, 6:26 pm
just a daft comment...wouldnt they have your address on the Arrivals Card when you entry country..
They would certainly have the address you put on the card.

There is nothing to say that it is your permanent address. I don’t remember the address I filled in, it could easily be a hotel. I have no idea if the TM6 information is actually of any importance, my guess is no it’s not.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”