Re-entry permit at Udon Immigration or Don Meuang?

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
Barney
udonmap.com

Re: Re-entry permit at Udon Immigration or Don Meuang?

Post by Barney » July 22, 2022, 1:49 pm

I always just pay the additional 3800 when my retirement extension come due. No need to worry anything more. Just come and go.
I do usually have reason to return more than once, will hit 5 times on this current re entry.
Why do others not do this? I understand those that have no plans to leave on any multiple times. Perhaps it’s seen as wasted money.
I just like an easy journey in life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 22, 2022, 1:55 pm

I used to get multiple re-entries before Covid. Since Covid, I've "saved" myself 5600 baht on this arcane immigration nonsense.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 22, 2022, 5:09 pm

Barney wrote:
July 22, 2022, 1:49 pm
Why do others not do this? I understand those that have no plans to leave on any multiple times. Perhaps it’s seen as wasted money.
1 trip outside Thailand in 4 years is a good reason so saving ฿14,200 and 3 passport pages!
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » July 22, 2022, 7:40 pm

I then suppose those who do not travel and re enter frequently will also factor in and save on their budgets by not having to pay the soon to be implemented 300 bht tourist entry fee. Win win.
My original thoughts on the 3800 multiple re entry stamp were also for people who venture by land frequently into say Laos and not just for those on international flights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » July 22, 2022, 8:04 pm

thanks chaps for the price update /info...
sorry was busy clearing my road frontage after the tessaban dropped all my trees because of powerlines//dropped them into my newly planted rice crop and just left them there...only the farangs land, didnt do it to the sisters and brothers rice fields..TIT

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 22, 2022, 8:06 pm

The page-saving aspect of getting a multi instead of a single is also a consideration for those who travel frequently and fill up their passports quicker. The cost and frequent challenges for some nationalities to obtain a new passport while overseas is another buggeration.

Since I have a couple, possibly three work tours before my RetExt expires, the multi was a no brainer. However, if the 1-year, multi-O marriage visa is still available at Savanakhet next February, I'll probably go back onto those.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Mjkt
udonmap.com

Post by Mjkt » July 23, 2022, 9:04 am

tamada wrote:
July 22, 2022, 8:06 pm
Since I have a couple, possibly three work tours before my RetExt expires, the multi was a no brainer. However, if the 1-year, multi-O marriage visa is still available at Savanakhet next February, I'll probably go back onto those.
Sorry if I missed it, but what is the advantage of switching to multi-O marriage visa at Savanakhet?

Mjkt
udonmap.com

Post by Mjkt » July 23, 2022, 9:16 am

Where is the desk at DMK? Can't say I have ever been touched up for an extra 100 Baht at BKK??
I always found it was 200THB extra at BKK on top of normal immigration fee if you turned up with nothing and they did the photo and form? Otherwise there was no extra if you brought your own.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 23, 2022, 12:55 pm

Mjkt wrote:
July 23, 2022, 9:04 am
tamada wrote:
July 22, 2022, 8:06 pm
Sorry if I missed it, but what is the advantage of switching to multi-O marriage visa at Savanakhet?
It delivers a 1-year multi-entry visa based on marriage without proof of financials.

Handy for those who want to travel in and out of the country frequently either on business or pleasure.

The maximum stay on any single entry is 90-days.

Saves a passport page because unlike a 1-year extension, no re-entry permit is required.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » July 23, 2022, 1:06 pm

Mjkt wrote:
July 23, 2022, 9:16 am
Where is the desk at DMK? Can't say I have ever been touched up for an extra 100 Baht at BKK??
I always found it was 200THB extra at BKK on top of normal immigration fee if you turned up with nothing and they did the photo and form? Otherwise there was no extra if you brought your own.
I have to admit I have never applied for a re-entry permit (anywhere) without a prepared form including PP photo attached. Probably why I was never asked for extra payment.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Mjkt
udonmap.com

Post by Mjkt » July 24, 2022, 9:28 am

tamada wrote:
July 23, 2022, 12:55 pm
It delivers a 1-year multi-entry visa based on marriage without proof of financials.

Handy for those who want to travel in and out of the country frequently either on business or pleasure.

The maximum stay on any single entry is 90-days.

Saves a passport page because unlike a 1-year extension, no re-entry permit is required.
[/quote]

Thanks. I must admit Savanakhet method doesn't appeal to me even if frequent traveling internationally, unless I had no funds or desire to use an agent locally. Different strokes and all that guess.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 24, 2022, 11:53 am

^ For me, it's more about staying off the radar beyond getting stamped in and out of airports. No petty and corrupt bureaucracy, filling in forms with loads of personal information. Avoids dealing with government departments that raises your profile while ignoring your privacy and playing fast and loose with personal data security. You know, the usual running the mercurial gauntlet at immigration offices.

Different strokes as you say but I've been an international gypsy for over forty years and prefer it that way.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”