Office chair

tamada
udonmap.com

Office chair

Post by tamada » November 23, 2021, 12:07 pm

Looking for a new chair for my new office. Since I've been away, the range and stock at Global, Thai Watsadu, Do Home, Home Hub, OfficeMate and the office furniture shop on Phosi near makro are all limited. I was up in Nong Khai yesterday and the selection at Mega Home was also very limited.

I'm not looking for anything too special, Around 4000 baht, farang-sized, fully-adjustable with armrests and a full back.

Ta
tam

'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Re: Office chair

Post by jackspratt » November 23, 2021, 1:46 pm

After buying, and discarding or throwing out, several office chairs since living here, this is my current seat, and by far the best in terms of:

- strength and robustness - now >3 years (metal legs are a must)

- comfort

- value for money

https://www.lazada.co.th/-i9403739-s117 ... em_title.1

Mine is all black - you could contact the supplier for other colour options if the yellow in the photo doesn't appeal. :ugly:

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 23, 2021, 5:08 pm

^ That does look bloody awful. Not sure if I am into the thin back and spidery, chrome legs either. I will look at it again on the big screen but.

Thanks to (MIA) Niggly for a local option that I will investigate as soon as I sober up.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Mjkt
udonmap.com

Post by Mjkt » November 24, 2021, 9:29 am

jackspratt wrote:
November 23, 2021, 1:46 pm
https://www.lazada.co.th/-i9403739-s117 ... em_title.1

Mine is all black - you could contact the supplier for other colour options if the yellow in the photo doesn't appeal. :ugly:
How much do you weigh? I weight 90kg and I bought the exact same chair but only cost 1900THB on Lazada and it's rollers were useless - split design on each wheel and would split open. The weight of me kept causing the wheels to snap off! I replaced them with heavy duty rollers and now chair is OK. Not a chair to sit in or kick back for any length of time tho without much cushioning. I use it occasionally only.

In another office I bought a more comfortable Home Pro type 3000THB office chair I sit in longer with a cushiony faux leather cover look. Whilst robust the plastic leather look finish just starts falling off after 9 months in the tropics leaving the fabric underneath. Thinking my next chair will be one of these sporty looking types like Secretlab brand, but not sure if the finish is tropics resistant?

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » November 24, 2021, 10:04 am

I'm about 88kg, and have never had trouble with the rollers on mine. It sits on a tile floor.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » November 24, 2021, 11:58 am

That office supplies place at the end near Tops in Central may be worth a look?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 24, 2021, 4:17 pm

Brian Davis wrote:
November 24, 2021, 11:58 am
That office supplies place at the end near Tops in Central may be worth a look?
That's OfficeMate... been there done that. Before I went to Kandahar last May, they had a huge clearance with loads of chairs 'discounted' but who knows what the original price was? Either way, their new stock is quite limited and it does look that in the same way as as cargo pants, the farang-sized, deep squab, high-backed, faux leather office chair with padded armrests is out of fashion.

Maybe not quite yet.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/homeh ... 00059.html
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » November 24, 2021, 4:22 pm

Largest selection is Index Furniture downstairs. Computer shop opposite the Charoen Hotel has a few.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 25, 2021, 8:55 am

fatbob wrote:
November 24, 2021, 4:22 pm
Largest selection is Index Furniture downstairs. Computer shop opposite the Charoen Hotel has a few.
Good spot fatbob, thanks.

I saw this one on lazada last night so I will pop over the street and see if it's in stock here.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/index ... 86004.html
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Mjkt
udonmap.com

Post by Mjkt » November 25, 2021, 11:02 am

tamada wrote:
November 25, 2021, 8:55 am
I saw this one on lazada last night so I will pop over the street and see if it's in stock here.

I thought the idea of Lazada was you buy online so there's no need to go looking in the shops!

BTW I've got through three or four of these cushioned PVC covered office chairs so far. After about a year they go to pieces as the PVC starts pealing off everywhere.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 25, 2021, 11:14 am

Mjkt wrote:
November 25, 2021, 11:02 am
tamada wrote:
November 25, 2021, 8:55 am

I thought the idea of Lazada was you buy online so there's no need to go looking in the shops!

BTW I've got through three or four of these cushioned PVC covered office chairs so far. After about a year they go to pieces as the PVC starts pealing off everywhere.
The danger of taking the pictures of items on lazada as gospel is fraught with peril IMHO. I recall UM member dragonz having all sorts of grief with stuff not being the same as offered.

I am one of those who likes to check out the goods if possible and then see if it is available cheaper online. WRT to office chairs, I do need to check if the squab is long and wide enough for this farang arse.

The faux leather will peel off the 3000 baht office chair sooner than later regardless of where it was bought. Also the gas lift gives out after a couple of years. Both my current office chairs are around 5 years old and for the knackers yard.

A note on bulky items via lazada, there's a bigger risk of these being inadequately packed and damaged in transit that say a box of replacement water filter elements. The aircraft baggage handlers maxim applies here: If it's not to heavy to throw, they'll throw it.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Mjkt
udonmap.com

Post by Mjkt » November 26, 2021, 9:42 am

I'm thinking of going for one of the +-15,000THB PC gamers chairs next? Anyone tried them for comfort and longevity? Brand names to recommend? I figure it will be like sitting in my car seat, and that's a lot more comfy than the OfficeMate purchase I have now.

rohit361888

Post by rohit361888 » March 7, 2023, 4:35 pm

Hi Tam,

Sorry to hear that the selection of chairs at various stores has been limited. However, you may still be able to find a good chair within your budget. Here are a few tips:

Check online retailers: Many online retailers offer a wider selection of office chairs than brick-and-mortar stores. You can check popular e-commerce platforms like Lazada, Shopee, and JD Central.

Look for brands: While many stores may have limited stock, they may still carry chairs from certain brands. Check if any of the stores you mentioned carry popular brands like ErgoComfort, Proline, or Ergo Space. These brands offer affordable ergonomic chairs that may meet your needs.

Consider second-hand options: If you're on a tight budget, you can also consider looking for second-hand chairs. Check online marketplaces like Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist, or local classifieds.

Take measurements: Before purchasing a chair, make sure you take measurements of your workspace to ensure that the chair will fit comfortably.

I hope these tips help you find a suitable office chair within your budget. Good luck with your search!

Return to “I'm Looking For....”