Lost Car Plate !!

Nev
udonmap.com

Lost Car Plate !!

Post by Nev » May 29, 2021, 11:41 am

Hi,
Does anyone know the process to obtain a replacement car plate.

TIA

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Lost Car Plate !!

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 29, 2021, 11:57 am

First thing you must do is go to the police station and make an official police report that its lost .. this will need to be shown whilst using the car waiting for the replacement which can take a week or two (even longer at mo)

Replacements are obtained via the LTO. (Land Transport office) Nong Sung or maybe Nong Han , i think Tam may have used an office on Dutsadi Road in town but not sure if they replace plates as the others do.

Heads up .. if its the front plate you lost move the plate still on the back to the front this will greatly reduce the BIB even stopping you, even so i strongly advise getting a police report as they will fine you without this document to say its officially been reported and waiting a new replacement plate.

Hope that helps.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 29, 2021, 12:12 pm

Go and file a report at your local police station. Maybe 20 baht, maybe free.

Take that report to the Dept of Land Transportation in Nong Sun on the Highway 2 Khon Kaen road. Also take your Passport and/or Thai Driving License or both – plus copies of both (this for personal ID purposes) and the Blue Book (Vehicle registration book) or copy if the vehicle is still under finance.

The check-in clerk will check your submissions, give you a callout ticket and will advise you where to wait. When your number is called, that counter will process the application. I think the cost is maybe 250 baht? They will advise a date that you can pick up your new license plate, typically 30-days.

They will give you a receipt with the due-date for plate collection stamped on it. Keep the receipt in your car and if you get stopped by the BiB, show them the receipt.

DM's advice of making sure you have a front plate in the interim is sound.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » May 29, 2021, 12:53 pm

tamada wrote:
May 29, 2021, 12:12 pm
Go and file a report at your local police station. Maybe 20 baht, maybe free.

Take that report to the Dept of Land Transportation in Nong Sun on the Highway 2 Khon Kaen road. Also take your Passport and/or Thai Driving License or both – plus copies of both (this for personal ID purposes) and the Blue Book (Vehicle registration book) or copy if the vehicle is still under finance.

The check-in clerk will check your submissions, give you a callout ticket and will advise you where to wait. When your number is called, that counter will process the application. I think the cost is maybe 250 baht? They will advise a date that you can pick up your new license plate, typically 30-days.

They will give you a receipt with the due-date for plate collection stamped on it. Keep the receipt in your car and if you get stopped by the BiB, show them the receipt.

DM's advice of making sure you have a front plate in the interim is sound.
Excellent info for us readers of this Forum Tam.
Thank you on behalf of all of us reading the info/post. /color]

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » May 29, 2021, 5:12 pm

I lost my front plate some years ago. The car had been borrowed by a family member the day before - should have checked. Got stopped and fined 200 baht, Went to the cop shop and did a loss report (20 baht) and then arranged replacement plates - it took nearly 3 months! Twice a week i used to go past the police stop at the ring road/railway crossing near the Nong Khai road - got stopped 9 times out of ten, Only used to take 10 seconds - wave the police report and off you go. No attempt at more money abstraction.

Nev
udonmap.com

Post by Nev » May 29, 2021, 5:16 pm

OK GUYS THANKS FOR THE INFO, WE WILL SEE WHAT MONDAY BRINGS.
THANKS AGAIN.

Return to “I'm Looking For....”