Can anyone recomend a good carpenter, not a farmer who is handy,

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Re: Carpenter

Post by Khun Paul » October 18, 2022, 3:44 pm

acularis wrote:
October 18, 2022, 10:56 am
A Carpenter or a Cabinet Maker there is a difference, what do you want made ?

Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Post by Potamoi » October 19, 2022, 6:35 am

Khun Paul wrote:
October 18, 2022, 3:44 pm
acularis wrote:
October 18, 2022, 10:56 am
A Carpenter or a Cabinet Maker there is a difference, what do you want made ?
We can all benefit from a recommendation for either Carpenter or a Cabinet Maker.

Please do share if you have one or the other or both contacts, KP.
I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt
Maurice Switzer *(assumed)

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 19, 2022, 9:56 am

I asked the question as you need a different SKILL level depending on what it is you want a CARPENTER FOR , simple question seems to elude the OP

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 19, 2022, 10:04 am

Khun Paul wrote:
October 19, 2022, 9:56 am
I asked the question as you need a different SKILL level depending on what it is you want a CARPENTER FOR , simple question seems to elude the OP
Just go ahead and post your recommendation for either/or and let the OP, Potamoi, myself and other members work out if he's fit for our different purposes.

Ta
tam
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 19, 2022, 10:09 am

Well I know two one a jobbing carpenter the othe a more skilled man, but both ask the same question, what do they want built. So until some intelligent person can answer that then they will work elsewhere. The jobbing chap is at least two months wait the other will depend on reason for wanting him. He is a very good but picky man and works if he wants to, judging by replies so far, I doubt if he will be available , he did do work for a friend but was so pissed off with his comments , So he finished and walked off the job.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 19, 2022, 11:09 am

Khun Paul wrote:
October 19, 2022, 10:09 am
Well I know two one a jobbing carpenter the othe a more skilled man, but both ask the same question, what do they want built. So until some intelligent person can answer that then they will work elsewhere. The jobbing chap is at least two months wait the other will depend on reason for wanting him. He is a very good but picky man and works if he wants to, judging by replies so far, I doubt if he will be available , he did do work for a friend but was so pissed off with his comments , So he finished and walked off the job.
So are you the job placement agent for these artisans or are you just wasting everyone's time again?

You repeatedly deride everyone's intelligence on this forum while contributing little beyond your personal opinions that are drenched in condescending negativity.

What have you possibly adjudged from the contributing and interested member's posts so far that makes you think your artisans are too busy or just too good?

(rhetorical)
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 19, 2022, 12:09 pm

tamada wrote:
October 19, 2022, 11:09 am
Khun Paul wrote:
So are you the job placement agent for these artisans or are you just wasting everyone's time again?

You repeatedly deride everyone's intelligence on this forum while contributing little beyond your personal opinions that are drenched in condescending negativity.

What have you possibly adjudged from the contributing and interested member's posts so far that makes you think your artisans are too busy or just too good?

(rhetorical)
You think whatever you want, however my friends chosse who to work for and ask me questions, so therefore by asking the OP a question I suddenly become an agent. Are you for real are just full of your own B/S.
The Cabinet maker is no longer available the other one, probably will not help either, having read your post and having had it translated for him, he thinks like I do, . Well done Tam you lost the carpenter. Happy now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » October 19, 2022, 1:12 pm

Dam you Tam, the OP needed that carpenter. Look what you have done. Hang your head in shame.

I need some door frames replacing (eaten by termites) and new doors hanging. Is this a job for a handyman, carpenter or cabinet maker? Anyway open to recommendations.

thanks

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 19, 2022, 2:04 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
October 19, 2022, 12:09 pm
tamada wrote:
October 19, 2022, 11:09 am
Khun Paul wrote:

(rhetorical)
...so therefore by asking the OP a question I suddenly become an agent... full of your own B/S. ...
Oh...the irony.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 19, 2022, 5:56 pm

Ibrecently required the services of a caroenter to swing some wood doors including all doir furniture handles locks etc .. there were 3 sets of double doirs a quad and 2 sets of barn style that ran on rollers hing from a rail...3 different guys came n went fir differing reasons before all were completed .. i can confirm.finding a skilled carpenter is not easy in Udon and the goid ones are booked up for weeks.

The first guy was a cabinet maker and owned a lumber yrad ..he left as he had to fut out a gold shop and the job was over 1 mil baht .. his finished set are no better fitted than the jobby carpenter that did most if the others .. 1 set were done by an " i can do everything " fella who was a tad dilusional , he did an ok job on the set he fitted.

Anither came n left with a couple of hours as he set up.a camera so he could talk to his new Gf instead of doing any work..

Good look to the Op in finding the correctly qualified trades person.

Now .. this made me smile ..on highway 24 i regularly go past a big place called KP Agro co ltd ..rather apt as our very own KP does seem to like to stir the pot n cause a bit of agro .. it was only today passing this place again i realised its a fertilizer factory ..even more ironic both being full.of sh8t.

Dm ...
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 19, 2022, 5:59 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
October 19, 2022, 5:56 pm
Ibrecently required the services of a caroenter to swing some wood doors including all doir furniture handles locks etc .. there were 3 sets of double doirs a quad and 2 sets of barn style that ran on rollers hing from a rail...3 different guys came n went fir differing reasons before all were completed .. i can confirm.finding a skilled carpenter is not easy in Udon and the goid ones are booked up for weeks.

The first guy was a cabinet maker and owned a lumber yrad ..he left as he had to fut out a gold shop and the job was over 1 mil baht .. his finished set are no better fitted than the jobby carpenter that did most if the others .. 1 set were done by an " i can do everything " fella who was a tad dilusional , he did an ok job on the set he fitted.

Anither came n left with a couple of hours as he set up.a camera so he could talk to his new Gf instead of doing any work..

Good look to the Op in finding the correctly qualified trades person.

Now .. this made me smile ..on highway 24 i regularly go past a big place called KP Agro co ltd ..rather apt as our very own KP does seem to like to stir the pot n cause a bit of agro .. it was only today passing this place again i realised its a fertilizer factory ..even more ironic both being full.of sh8t.

Dm ...
Comments noted DM are you perchance linked to KP Agro as you are full of it !!!!

Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Post by Potamoi » October 19, 2022, 6:06 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
October 19, 2022, 9:56 am
Yes, KP we now understand that you know the difference between a Carpenter and a Cabinet Maker. Hell you may even know what skills are needed to be a joister, framer, ship builder, roofer and trim carpenter. A contact for any or all of these would be appreciated.

Posting both contacts would have been the right thing to do for the community. Now, if you are trying to protect your vendors from the scourge of UM perhaps I had the wrong idea as to what this forum is about.

Of course if you are only chiming in to show us all that you know the difference between a Carpenter and a Cabinet Maker well then the best of luck to you in that area.
, simple question seems to elude the OP
This part (including the persistently poor punctuation) tells me that you do not even know that the first 12 posts of a new member need to be manually approved by Paul (or a admin/mod designate) and may take hours or days. He may have replied to your um, curiosity? need for control? already for all you know.

When in doubt, think of the bronze rule. DbaD (Don't be a Dick)
I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt
Maurice Switzer *(assumed)

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » October 19, 2022, 7:20 pm

Perhaps I can help.

The jobbing carpenter goes by the name of Guns 1, and the more skilled (though unfortunately unavailable) cabinet maker's name is Guns 2.

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » October 19, 2022, 8:21 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
Ibrecently required the services of a caroenter to swing some wood doors including all doir .......
I'll have a pint of what you're drinking Monkey Man, you'll be getting 'spellun' lessons from KP if you keep this up \:D/ \:D/

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » October 19, 2022, 9:24 pm

Children children didn't you mothers ever tell you to play nice. This bitchen back and forth is uncalled for.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 19, 2022, 9:46 pm

deankham wrote:
October 19, 2022, 8:21 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
Ibrecently required the services of a caroenter to swing some wood doors including all doir .......
I'll have a pint of what you're drinking Monkey Man, you'll be getting 'spellun' lessons from KP if you keep this up \:D/ \:D/
Solly im.out of the office at moment n posting by my phone from.the hotel bar .. fat fingers ..small keys on mi nokia flip n a foo changs... getting ready for the all.inclusive buffet breakfast ..from 6am .... 550 a neet marvelous.

Btw as too my previous post .. i wouldnt recco any of the ""carpenters"" i used for various reasons.

Dm
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » October 20, 2022, 1:24 pm

Recently I swung 2 doors
both still up, both still swinging, both closing correctly
but I class myself as a bush carpenter
Wife was impressed

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 20, 2022, 2:14 pm

jackspratt wrote:
October 19, 2022, 7:20 pm
Perhaps I can help.

The jobbing carpenter goes by the name of Guns 1, and the more skilled (though unfortunately unavailable) cabinet maker's name is Guns 2.
Your comment taken under advice and dealt with summarily

Return to “I'm Looking For....”