Water tank (temporary)

tamada
udonmap.com

Water tank (temporary)

Post by tamada » January 16, 2023, 9:26 pm

Planning on tearing down the double, well pipe water storage tanks for the house and replacing with two new stacks. They've served well these past 16 years but they are seeping and degrading quickly this past year.

Wondering if anyone has a redundant or otherwise spare 1000 or 2000 liter plastic/composite tank that can be used as a temporary house supply while the tear down and rebuild goes on. Buy or borrow?

Ta
tam

'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Water tank (temporary)

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 17, 2023, 9:01 am

Hey Jammy .. talk to Col , when i moved out recently i gave him the 1000 lit tank that was installed in my old office near the ap/rr intersection.. dunno what his plans were for it ...maybe hes still not using it could be a temp solution.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 17, 2023, 9:41 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
January 17, 2023, 9:01 am
Hey Jammy .. talk to Col , when i moved out recently i gave him the 1000 lit tank that was installed in my old office near the ap/rr intersection.. dunno what his plans were for it ...maybe hes still not using it could be a temp solution.

DM
Cheers mate, I'll check with Col.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » January 17, 2023, 10:05 am

Althpough I applaud your intention to rebuild water towers to hold water as the previous ones are damaged etc, one wonders why build new storage tanks at all.
When I came here I purchased Stainless steel ones, which after 20 years still do sterling service, rinsed out once a yea to clear the sludge from the bottom ( as they ar designed with the water outlet some 4 inches above the base.
When i came here i looked at many methods of storing water and in truth in this HOT/HUMID country storing water is a recipe for collecting bugs,mould and everything else therefore cleaning it out is a important feature, which most BUILT water tanks etc do not offer .

PS : Only one of my smaller ones ( 1200 litre ) sprung a minor leak, which was fixed with Araldite metal Filler , whch in 20 yeas is nothing. Currently have 11 tanks all stainless steel varying sizes fr5om 3000 litres to 1200 litres

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 17, 2023, 12:55 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
January 17, 2023, 10:05 am
Althpough I applaud your intention to rebuild water towers to hold water as the previous ones are damaged etc, one wonders why build new storage tanks at all.
When I came here I purchased Stainless steel ones, which after 20 years still do sterling service, rinsed out once a yea to clear the sludge from the bottom ( as they ar designed with the water outlet some 4 inches above the base.
When i came here i looked at many methods of storing water and in truth in this HOT/HUMID country storing water is a recipe for collecting bugs,mould and everything else therefore cleaning it out is a important feature, which most BUILT water tanks etc do not offer .

PS : Only one of my smaller ones ( 1200 litre ) sprung a minor leak, which was fixed with Araldite metal Filler , whch in 20 yeas is nothing. Currently have 11 tanks all stainless steel varying sizes fr5om 3000 litres to 1200 litres
I'm not rebuilding them. The bro-in-law is.

In all their years of service, nobody has gotten sick or developed rashes or any sort or ailment. That's what having filters on the input and output lines are for.

We do drain and clean them once a year by sending our tykes down inside. Takes them about three hours per tank. In lieu of military service, it builds backbone.

Ta
tam
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » January 17, 2023, 2:40 pm

Filters remove DIRT, and nothing else i.e. viruses, an interesting read here, https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/10- ... water.html

This will increase over time due to the increased population and the amount of water being the same or less in some areas. It was lately released that even rainwater is now infected due to increased infectants
so drink eat at ones own risk

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 17, 2023, 2:53 pm

Doodoo wrote:
January 17, 2023, 2:40 pm
Filters remove DIRT, and nothing else i.e. viruses, an interesting read here, https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/10- ... water.html

This will increase over time due to the increased population and the amount of water being the same or less in some areas. It was lately released that even rainwater is now infected due to increased infectants
so drink eat at ones own risk
My filtration goes beyond just sediment and odors.

As mentioned previously, upwards of nine folk bathing, cooking and drinking it over sixteen years without getting crook. Must be over a million man/woman hours... you do the math.

Ta
tam
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » January 17, 2023, 3:13 pm

You should be selling you wonder water system to the 500,000,000 people in USA
Sooner or later our water source will not be protected by FILTERS
https://www.yahoo.com/news/eating-one-w ... 28070.html

Good luck

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 17, 2023, 3:17 pm

Doodoo wrote:
January 17, 2023, 3:13 pm
You should be selling you wonder water system to the 500,000,000 people in USA
Sooner or later our water source will not be protected by FILTERS
https://www.yahoo.com/news/eating-one-w ... 28070.html

Good luck
Gotta die of something.

Ta
tam
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » January 17, 2023, 3:40 pm

Althopugh I do tend to agree, when I last had my well water checked against my local village water and deliver water in bulk .; The well water came out as cleaner and better taste etc. Not that i intended to drink it or anything else as I was NOT putting in a filtration system but it was an informative check so if one added a GOOD filtration system I would think it would be okay to do as Tam has done .

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » January 17, 2023, 3:51 pm

A search on the internet reveals that this company claims that its filters remove PFAS from the water:
We have customers in Wilmington who are part of an ongoing sink water filter monitoring program. In these studies, GenX and other PFAS are not detectable in water that has been filtered by Hydroviv's under sink water filters and refrigerator line filters, through the lifetime of the filter cartridge.
Information from the company about PFAS: https://www.hydroviv.com/blogs/water-smarts/genx

https://www.hydroviv.com/

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » January 17, 2023, 4:17 pm

Khun Paul wrote:

Genuine question, why do you need 11 tanks? Are you harvesting rainwater?

We have 1 x 1000 litre plastic tank and never had any issue, but we are on town water which has been very reliable.

thanks

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » January 17, 2023, 5:18 pm

fatbob wrote:
January 17, 2023, 4:23 pm
deankham wrote:
January 17, 2023, 4:17 pm
Khun Paul wrote:

Genuine question, why do you need 11 tanks? Are you harvesting rainwater?

We have 1 x 1000 litre plastic tank and never had any issue, but we are on town water which has been very reliable.

thanks
Bent copper, probably growing dope...
That is slanderous . retract that comment thanks

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » January 17, 2023, 5:24 pm

The reason as to why, I have 11 tanks , 7 collect rainwater to water the garden and the other four store water for domestic use . 20 yeas ago, water was not65 as radily available as it is now and it was cheaper o have a small tanker deliver 6000 litres rather than small amounts, every 3/4 weeks cost only 400 baht whereas it more expensive for smaller amounts and they did not have a meter so you never knew how much. the small tanker geld 6000 litres

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » January 17, 2023, 6:23 pm

^ thanks, understood. Was just interested.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 17, 2023, 8:40 pm

Got Col's spare tank (thanks Col &DM).

Now, where's the bro-in-law buggered off to?
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 19, 2023, 1:28 pm

I removed the old fittings and hit the insides with the pressure washer. Replaced the ballcock (removing DM's Coke bottle float!) and now filling it up in a temporary location as I want to shock it with chlorine before draining, moving it it's location beside the pump, refilling and ready to go online.

What's the recommended chlorine treatment for a 1000 liter tank? From a quick Google search maybe 1 liter of regular bleach (sodium hypochlorite) should do the job?

Ta
tam
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » January 19, 2023, 2:07 pm

A general rule of thumb to shock chlorinate and disinfect a storage tank is to mix non-scented NSF-approved household bleach (5.25% chlorine) in the reservoir at the ratio of 1 gallon of bleach for every 1,000 gallons of water (i.e., 1 quart for every 250 gallons of water).

https://www.cleanwaterstore.com/resourc ... -bacteria/

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 19, 2023, 2:48 pm

tamada wrote:
January 19, 2023, 1:28 pm
I removed the old fittings and hit the insides with the pressure washer. Replaced the ballcock (removing DM's Coke bottle float!) and now filling it up in a temporary location as I want to shock it with chlorine before draining, moving it it's location beside the pump, refilling and ready to go online.

What's the recommended chlorine treatment for a 1000 liter tank? From a quick Google search maybe 1 liter of regular bleach (sodium hypochlorite) should do the job?

Ta
tam
Edit .. =D> removing DMs extremely ingenius boy scout hack coke bottle float
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 19, 2023, 4:57 pm

Doodoo wrote:
January 19, 2023, 2:07 pm
A general rule of thumb to shock chlorinate and disinfect a storage tank is to mix non-scented NSF-approved household bleach (5.25% chlorine) in the reservoir at the ratio of 1 gallon of bleach for every 1,000 gallons of water (i.e., 1 quart for every 250 gallons of water).

https://www.cleanwaterstore.com/resourc ... -bacteria/
Yup. Looking for unscented Haiter. They only had the flowery blue or pink versions at the first shop.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Return to “I'm Looking For....”