Airconditioners

kakariki
udonmap.com

Airconditioners

Post by kakariki » April 9, 2023, 5:42 pm

Hi All
I'm looking for the best place in Udon to buy air conditioners (3) for the home. looking for a good price and just as importantly, good installers, and which brand.
Thanks Barry
Last edited by kakariki on April 10, 2023, 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: Airconditioners

Post by stattointhailand » April 9, 2023, 6:16 pm

I would suggest buying ONE, and have a chat with the guy who comes to fit it. I would be very surprised if he didnt know where to get his hands on the very same model you have bought at a much discounted price that he can come and fit on his day off. TIT

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » April 10, 2023, 11:35 am

or do some aggressive shopping. When we retired our 15 year old air conditioners last year and bought Mitsubishi Heavy Dutys I found the best deal at Home Pro. After asking and telling them we were buying 3 they found (got that Smart Phone working) a manufacturr's discount they gave us also on top of an advertised sale price.
Dave

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » April 10, 2023, 1:00 pm

More discount available if you get a Home Pro Credit card I think it is 5%

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 10, 2023, 1:44 pm

Does anyone know of a farang with such a card - or any Thai bank credit card for that matter?

I haven't looked in quite a while, but last time I did, the bank wanted a deposit at least equal to the credit limit on the card.

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » April 10, 2023, 2:07 pm

Just a point to note about Home Pro (and probably all of the big stores) is the price they quote normally includes only a few metres of copper piping / cables and so when they come to fit them the installer will try to fit the units as close as possible regardless of the suitability of the location.

The copper piping is quite expensive so if you want the outdoor unit say 10 meters away from the indoor unit you will need to pay quite a lot for it.
Once you know this it makes sense but when you've just spent a hundred thousand baht on A/C and then they ask for another 20k baht for pipping it's not a nice surprise.

Over the years I've had Toshiba (used to drip water inside continually), LG (OK but noisy) and Samsung (Always seemed to be fixing a unit every few months).
One of the repair guys we used and had good experience with highly recommend Daikin units and so when I ever need new A/C I will check this brand out.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » April 10, 2023, 7:09 pm

I used this company a few years ago and had an excellent experience with them. I shopped all over Udon, and these people had the best price on the unit I wanted, and they did a super job on the installation. They'll totally up front on all they will include in the purchase.

http://www.ppcooling.com/
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » April 13, 2023, 9:49 am

all I know is get one that automatically turns off and on when the room reaches, or slips below the right temp..
I am forever having to turn ours on and off thru out the night..makes for a bad sleep...last night we had air con, room fan, and two table fans going in the bedroom and still I ended up with a wet shirt,,

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » April 13, 2023, 10:02 am

maaka wrote:
April 13, 2023, 9:49 am
all I know is get one that automatically turns off and on when the room reaches, or slips below the right temp..
I am forever having to turn ours on and off thru out the night..makes for a bad sleep...last night we had air con, room fan, and two table fans going in the bedroom and still I ended up with a wet shirt,,
Sounds like a problem with the thermostat. I have the same problem and can't find anyone who knows how to fix it. If you figure it out and get it fixed, please let me know who you used.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » April 13, 2023, 10:06 am

sure thing P

Old Grumpy
udonmap.com

Post by Old Grumpy » April 13, 2023, 11:26 am

Ok I dont normally make recommendations as they sometimes back fire on me but this one I can safely recommend .
081 872 9385 Khun Lit, this guy really knows his stuff, I have used him since he did all the original electrics on my new build house nearly 20 years ago.His english is limited so your long haired translator will be needed .He has serviced and sometimes repaired all my units over this time , by coincedence this week one ,a Samsung finally gave up and had to be replaced , on his recomendation I bought a Haier, Chinese company but made in Thailand.He supplied , fitted yesterday , total cost 18,000 for 18,000 btu, he even gave me a1,000 baht for the old one .He is an agent for most brands so can repair or supply most popular makes.He is based in Udon but will travel.
Age is a matter of mind.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
Mark Twain,

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » April 13, 2023, 11:31 am

Old Grumpy wrote:
April 13, 2023, 11:26 am
Ok I dont normally make recommendations as they sometimes back fire on me but this one I can safely recommend .
081 872 9385 Khun Lit, this guy really knows his stuff, I have used him since he did all the original electrics on my new build house nearly 20 years ago.His english is limited so your long haired translator will be needed .He has serviced and sometimes repaired all my units over this time , by coincedence this week one ,a Samsung finally gave up and had to be replaced , on his recomendation I bought a Haier, Chinese company but made in Thailand.He supplied , fitted yesterday , total cost 18,000 for 18,000 btu, he even gave me a1,000 baht for the old one .He is an agent for most brands so can repair or supply most popular makes.He is based in Udon but will travel.
I have used Lit to install an expanded breaker box with a safety cut, and he and his crew did a great job. I believe he used to work in Japan. I would definitely use him again, so I highly recommend him.

Old Grumpy
udonmap.com

Post by Old Grumpy » April 13, 2023, 11:37 am

Yes Semp, I knew I had recommended him to someone , just couldn't think who .Glad you were happy with his work.
Age is a matter of mind.
Mark Twain,

peterk
udonmap.com

Post by peterk » April 17, 2023, 3:27 pm

My wife just called ppcooling and it sounded like a girl in a call centre. She said there's nobody here we can come and speak with about our design needs, and that we should go online and get a quote. I'm fine doing stuff online but we're after 3 x split and 1 x ducted unit, so I'm not going to be the one designing that. We've left a message for Khun Lit and hopefully he's more engaging.

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » April 18, 2023, 10:36 am

maaka wrote:
April 13, 2023, 9:49 am
Aircon engineering Thong ,0878663288, based in udon
i had this problem ,i googled it and it shows you how to fix ,,but you need the parts ,
so instead of searching around i called this guy ,who did the first installation and cleans , excellent job ,
he came said .it could be run permanently when switched on ' no stat' or fix it , i chose the later , he just took the control board ,came back the next day , all good to go ,

kakariki
udonmap.com

Post by kakariki » April 21, 2023, 10:21 am

Thanks for all the replies, we decided to go with Khun Lit, he came around on Tuesday, settled on Daikin 12,000 BTU Invertor for 17,000THB, on par with the big stores. He installed the first that afternoon and the second the next day. Very professional and excellent workmanship, Dynabolts everywhere, spirit levels and all professional tools and work.
Very happy, highly recommended.

peterk
udonmap.com

Post by peterk » April 25, 2023, 6:43 am

Hi guys. My wife sent a Thai message to Lit 1 week ago and he has read it but not replied. Can I confirm his number please? Per above: 081 872 9385

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » April 25, 2023, 10:47 am

The best air conditioner I ever had was a 5,000 BTU Samsung It lasted ten years and the only reason I changed it was because it got noisy. The worst one I ever had was a 12,000 BTU Panasonic inverter. It had never worked right and the serviceman said it was working properly. It had a one year warranty and it crapped out in thirteen months. They wanted 8,500 baht to replace a circuit board. The replacement board would have NO warranty. I replaced the Panasonic with an LG inverter. The Panasonic was stored i the garage. I finally noticed that it was gone. My know it all wife sold it for 200 baht. The copper tubing was worth more than that. I now have three LG units, one in my condo is a regular and the other to are inverters. The 12,000 BTU in my 4 by 8 meter computer room struggles to cool the room. The serviceman checked it twice and both times said it works properly. It either is way over rated or has a problem. I will not buy another inverter unit.

kakariki
udonmap.com

Post by kakariki » April 30, 2023, 1:43 pm

peterk wrote:
April 25, 2023, 6:43 am
Hi guys. My wife sent a Thai message to Lit 1 week ago and he has read it but not replied. Can I confirm his number please? Per above: 081 872 9385
That's the number we used; he may prefer calls as opposed to messages.

Old Grumpy
udonmap.com

Post by Old Grumpy » April 30, 2023, 2:26 pm

peterk wrote:
April 25, 2023, 6:43 am
i khow he was taking his wife and kids away for Songklan but any way if you send me your contact number I will make sure ge gets in touch straight away. PM me if you like.
Age is a matter of mind.
Mark Twain,

Return to “I'm Looking For....”