U.S. Politics

Post Reply
User avatar
Lone Star
udonmap.com
Posts: 4898
Joined: June 26, 2014, 11:52 pm

Re: Will Trump make the Grade.

Post by Lone Star » July 10, 2019, 9:43 am

Trump's approval numbers with Black Americans continues to rise.

Polls from Reuters to the NAACP to Rasmussen show that Trump's approval numbers range anywhere from 21% to as high as 35%. These numbers are tremendous given that Trump only captured 8% of votes from Black Americans.

As many pollsters know, any number higher than 10% in Trump's favor from the Black community puts any Democrat candidate at risk of losing big in 2020. This is why the Dem drumbeat of "racist" continues to be used against Trump and his supporters. It's pretty much all Democrats have to offer the Black community other than more hollow promises.

Some statistics comparing the past show how Dem failures have played out against the new surge in jobs and Black-owned businesses under Trump.

- Working class Black Americans realize that illegal immigration hurts them greatly when it comes to lost employment and driving wages down. The vast majority of Black Americans support Trump's immigration policies.

- Black unemployment is at its lowest level in US history

- Under Obama, labor force participation among Blacks FELL, and more Blacks found themselves below the poverty line. Their average incomes also declined under Obama.

- Guidant Financial has released numbers that show a 400% increase in Black-owned businesses since Trump took office and put his policies and programs into effect.

STEADY WINNING.


AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

Doodoo
udonmap.com
Posts: 1039
Joined: October 15, 2017, 8:47 pm

Re: Will Trump make the Grade.

Post by Doodoo » July 10, 2019, 9:44 am

"Approval in past administrations at this time in their presidency were very similar. Look it up yourself."

Forty-four percent of Americans say they approve of the job Trump is doing as president in The Washington Post/ABC News poll, which was conducted from June 28 to July 1 and has a margin of error of plus or minus 3.5 percentage points.

As for the past administrations "In comparison, Barack Obama’s approval rating during the same time in his first term was 46 percent, while George W. Bush’s was 61 percent"

I dont know about your actual schooling in the US but in mine 44% and 61% were no where near SIMILAR

More spew coming out as we near the election time. OH Boy another 15 months of this to look forward to

User avatar
newtovillagelife
udonmap.com
Posts: 1096
Joined: December 3, 2011, 10:14 am

Re: Democrats, Republicans and Elections

Post by newtovillagelife » July 10, 2019, 9:48 am

Lone Star wrote:
July 10, 2019, 9:18 am
Interesting legal fight over adding citizenship question to the US Census that is done every 10 years. The census is taken for funding and representation purposes, among other things.

The citizenship question has been on the form -- on and off -- for years. It is currently on the long form. This question is being added to the short form.

The citizenship question has been challenged in the courts by Democrats and LIBs. It has made its way all the way to the Supreme Court. The Court ruled that the question IS CONSTITUTIONAL, but kicked it back to the Executive Branch over its concern over the motivation for the question. This seems to be a ridiculous request from the court. If something is constitutional, since when does motive have anything to do with it?

Democrat leadership -- predictably -- is calling the citizenship question "racist". Interesting that racism could be a motive for wanting to know if someone is a citizen or not. Ridiculous.

In the meantime, AG Barr has found a legal way to include the question in the census without involving the court.
Teachable moment...reasons why there is opposition to Citizenship question

Reuters reported in April that the Trump administration believed its citizenship question could help Republicans in elections by enabling states to draw electoral maps based only on citizen population, rather than total population.

States with high numbers of immigrant and Latino residents, led by New York state, sued to block the citizenship question. They said it would cause an undercount of their populations and disproportionately hurt their regions by costing them U.S. House of Representatives seats and millions of dollars in federal funding. Immigrant advocacy groups said the government’s plan aimed to discriminate against non-white immigrants.

User avatar
jackspratt
udonmap.com
Posts: 10389
Joined: July 2, 2006, 5:29 pm

Re: Will Trump make the Grade.

Post by jackspratt » July 10, 2019, 9:54 am

Lone Star wrote:
July 10, 2019, 9:21 am
Trump's overall approval, and more specifically, approval relative to the economy are on the rise. Polls are running anywhere from 45-50% with some a tad higher, and they're on the rise leading into this election cycle, which is a good bump. Approval in past administrations at this time in their presidency were very similar. Look it up yourself.
Lone Star wrote:
July 10, 2019, 9:43 am
Trump's approval numbers with Black Americans continues to rise.

Polls from Reuters to the NAACP to Rasmussen show that Trump's approval numbers range anywhere from 21% to as high as 35%. These numbers are tremendous given that Trump only captured 8% of votes from Black Americans.

STEADY WINNING.
Amazing how national polls seem to matter when it suits your narrative for your guy. :-"
Lone Star wrote:
July 7, 2019, 5:49 am
National polls, pretty useless in a presidential election since presidents are elected state-by-state, but here it is.
STEADY HYPOCRISY.

User avatar
Lone Star
udonmap.com
Posts: 4898
Joined: June 26, 2014, 11:52 pm

Re: Democrats, Republicans and Elections

Post by Lone Star » July 10, 2019, 9:55 am

Another Democrat caught lying about the economy.

There seems to be this foolish claim going around -- started a long time ago by Lizzie Warren and Oc-Co Loco -- that unemployment is own because "so many people are having to work two or more jobs."

The numbers are in: Only 5.1% of employed Americans hold multiple jobs. The average has fluctuated between 4.7% -- the record low -- and 5.2%.

It's another credibility issue for Democrats who claim that Trump's economy is weak.

Kamasutra Harris:
I’m meeting people who are working two and three jobs — you know this president walks around talking about and flouting his great economy right — my great economy, my great economy … You ask him how are you measuring the greatness of this economy of yours? And they point to the jobless numbers and the unemployment numbers. Well yeah people in America are working — they’re working two and three jobs.
Harris continues to repeat the lie, and Bernie and Beto have also made the same similar claims.

There's no way to beat a surging economy that continues to chug along, and NO DEMOCRAT has offered any program or policy to make it even better. They want to increase the tax burden on all working Americans to redistribute their assets to someone else.

Even some Democrats approve of Trump's economy and many more Independents echo that approval. Research the polls.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

User avatar
Lone Star
udonmap.com
Posts: 4898
Joined: June 26, 2014, 11:52 pm

Re: Will Trump make the Grade.

Post by Lone Star » July 10, 2019, 9:59 am

jackspratt wrote:
July 10, 2019, 9:54 am
Lone Star wrote:
July 10, 2019, 9:21 am
Trump's overall approval, and more specifically, approval relative to the economy are on the rise. Polls are running anywhere from 45-50% with some a tad higher, and they're on the rise leading into this election cycle, which is a good bump. Approval in past administrations at this time in their presidency were very similar. Look it up yourself.
Lone Star wrote:
July 10, 2019, 9:43 am
Trump's approval numbers with Black Americans continues to rise.

Polls from Reuters to the NAACP to Rasmussen show that Trump's approval numbers range anywhere from 21% to as high as 35%. These numbers are tremendous given that Trump only captured 8% of votes from Black Americans.

STEADY WINNING.
Amazing how national polls seem to matter when it suits your narrative for your guy. :-"
Lone Star wrote:
July 7, 2019, 5:49 am
National polls, pretty useless in a presidential election since presidents are elected state-by-state, but here it is.
STEADY HYPOCRISY.
National polls for presidential elections are pretty useless because presidents are elected state-by-state. A national poll for the election is a popular vote percentage, which doesn't matter.

National polls for approval/disapproval in specific demographics are very telling. Over a 10% approval in a demographic in the Black community in Trump's favor is huge nationwide and will have some affect in every state.

Now I've qualified it for those who were confused by my statements.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

User avatar
Udon Map
Admin
Posts: 1467
Joined: July 31, 2013, 7:57 pm

Re: Democrats, Republicans and Elections

Post by Udon Map » July 10, 2019, 10:00 am

newtovillagelife wrote:
July 10, 2019, 9:48 am
Lone Star wrote:
July 10, 2019, 9:18 am
Interesting legal fight over adding citizenship question to the US Census that is done every 10 years. The census is taken for funding and representation purposes, among other things.

The citizenship question has been on the form -- on and off -- for years. It is currently on the long form. This question is being added to the short form.

The citizenship question has been challenged in the courts by Democrats and LIBs. It has made its way all the way to the Supreme Court. The Court ruled that the question IS CONSTITUTIONAL, but kicked it back to the Executive Branch over its concern over the motivation for the question. This seems to be a ridiculous request from the court. If something is constitutional, since when does motive have anything to do with it?

Democrat leadership -- predictably -- is calling the citizenship question "racist". Interesting that racism could be a motive for wanting to know if someone is a citizen or not. Ridiculous.

In the meantime, AG Barr has found a legal way to include the question in the census without involving the court.
Teachable moment...reasons why there is opposition to Citizenship question

Reuters reported in April that the Trump administration believed its citizenship question could help Republicans in elections by enabling states to draw electoral maps based only on citizen population, rather than total population.

States with high numbers of immigrant and Latino residents, led by New York state, sued to block the citizenship question. They said it would cause an undercount of their populations and disproportionately hurt their regions by costing them U.S. House of Representatives seats and millions of dollars in federal funding. Immigrant advocacy groups said the government’s plan aimed to discriminate against non-white immigrants.
When we make it about politics, we lose sight of what a census is. Justice Alito's separate opinion in the Supreme Court case on this issue is both interesting and instructive.
JUSTICE ALITO, concurring in part and dissenting in part. It is a sign of our time that the inclusion of a question about citizenship on the census has become a subject of bitter public controversy and has led to today’s regrettable decision. While the decision to place such a question on the 2020 census questionnaire is attacked as racist, there is a broad international consensus that inquiring about citizenship on a census is not just appropriate but advisable. No one disputes that it is important to know how many inhabitants of this country are citizens. And the most direct way to gather this information is to ask for it in a census. The United Nations recommends that a census inquire about citizenship, and many countries do so.

Asking about citizenship on the census also has a rich history in our country. Every census, from the very first one in 1790 to the most recent in 2010, has sought not just a count of the number of inhabitants but also varying amounts of additional demographic information. In 1800, Thomas Jefferson, as president of the American Philosophical Society, signed a letter to Congress asking for the inclusion on the census of questions regarding “‘the respective numbers of native citizens, citizens of foreign birth, and of aliens’” “‘for the purpose . . . of more exactly distinguishing the increase of population by birth and immigration.’” C. Wright, History and Growth of the United States Census (prepared for the Senate Committee on the Census), S. Doc. No. 194, 56th Cong., 1st Sess., 19 (1900). In 1820, John Quincy Adams, as Secretary of State, was responsible for conducting the census, and consistent with the 1820 Census Act, he instructed the marshals who were charged with gathering the information to ask about citizenship. In 1830, when Martin Van Buren was Secretary of State, a question about citizenship was again included. With the exception of the census of 1840, at least some portion of the population was asked a question about citizenship as part of the census through 2000, after which the question was moved to the American Community Survey, which is sent to only a small fraction of the population. All these census inquiries were made by the Executive pursuant to congressional authorization. None were reviewed by the courts.
To the extent that people are supporting or opposing policies or decisions based on whether or not they like Trump, that's going to backfire. It always does. Decisions and policies have to be made on the basis of the Constitution, the law, and what's good for the country in the long run.

I am, and have always been, very wary of decisions and policies which are intended to deal with specific, immediate situations. The problem is that when the other side gets into power, they’ll use the same policies and decisions, too. The Dems found this out the hard way regarding the way in which vacant U.S. Senate seats are filled in Massachusetts.

It used to be that vacant U.S. Senate seats in Massachusetts were filled by gubernatorial appointment. The Dems changed that to fill by special election in 2004 when Kerry was running for President and Romney was our governor. They were afraid that Kerry would win and Romney would then be able to appoint a Republican senator. Kerry, of course, did not win. But the strategy (of changing the process to fill Senate vacancies by special election instead of appointment by the Governor) backfired on the Dems when Republican Scott Brown beat Democratic Attorney General Martha Coakley in the 2010 special election following Ted Kennedy’s death.

User avatar
newtovillagelife
udonmap.com
Posts: 1096
Joined: December 3, 2011, 10:14 am

Re: Democrats, Republicans and Elections

Post by newtovillagelife » July 10, 2019, 10:01 am

Pocahontas 20%
Senator Kamasutra 18%

Lone Star, it seems you no longer hide your blatant RACISM....or maybe you just aren't educated enough to know how to spell the Senators names.

Doodoo
udonmap.com
Posts: 1039
Joined: October 15, 2017, 8:47 pm

Re: Will Trump make the Grade.

Post by Doodoo » July 10, 2019, 10:05 am

"Amazing how national polls seem to matter when it suits your narrative for your guy. :-"
Lone Star wrote: ↑July 7, 2019, 5:49 am
National polls, pretty useless in a presidential election since presidents are elected state-by-state, but here it is.
STEADY HYPOCRISY."

Remember Jack we have to give the Wonder Boy, some room as when getting older one tends to forget what has been said prior

I know I maybe leaving myself open but at my age and concern I dont care what the Mouth of the The South (Not to be confused with Jimmy Hart) says.
two Ticky ticky

User avatar
Lone Star
udonmap.com
Posts: 4898
Joined: June 26, 2014, 11:52 pm

Re: Democrats, Republicans and Elections

Post by Lone Star » July 10, 2019, 10:08 am

Looks like the majority of Black Americans and Latinos support the census question -- according to the latest Harvard/Harris poll.

67% of all Americans favor the census question
55% of Latinos favor the census question
59% of Black Americans

Almost 90% of Republicans
63% of Independents
64-69% of Working Americans

Not having the citizenship question on the census leaves the nation blind as to how many noncitizens are in the country.

No matter. Apparently, there are other ways to include it that excludes the court.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

User avatar
Lone Star
udonmap.com
Posts: 4898
Joined: June 26, 2014, 11:52 pm

Re: Trump addresses EU trade deficit

Post by Lone Star » July 10, 2019, 10:25 am



Updates on international trade. Quality of the agreement is more important than speed of the issue. There is no timeline for completion.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

User avatar
Lone Star
udonmap.com
Posts: 4898
Joined: June 26, 2014, 11:52 pm

Re: Democrats, Republicans and Elections

Post by Lone Star » July 10, 2019, 10:35 am

According to the Associated Press, citizens of Mexico support the joint efforts of Trump and President Andrés Manuel López Obrador’s to stop the migrant caravans.

Many of the Mexicans believe that the migrant caravans are dangerous, create problems in their cities and that the Central American countries should fix problems in their countries. The Mexicans polled also said that their president should focus on the safety of Mexicans, not foreigners passing through their countries. Gee, that sounds familiar.

Over 60% of Mexicans want the caravans stopped. Only 33% opposed stopping them.

There are indications that Mexico's assistance has caused as much as a 30% drop in migrants entering the US illegally in June 2019.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

User avatar
Lone Star
udonmap.com
Posts: 4898
Joined: June 26, 2014, 11:52 pm

Re: Lone Star News *Trigger Warning*

Post by Lone Star » July 10, 2019, 10:56 am

in denial.jpg
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

User avatar
Lone Star
udonmap.com
Posts: 4898
Joined: June 26, 2014, 11:52 pm

Re: Lone Star News *Trigger Warning*

Post by Lone Star » July 10, 2019, 10:57 am

stalin dems.jpg
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

User avatar
newtovillagelife
udonmap.com
Posts: 1096
Joined: December 3, 2011, 10:14 am

Re: Lone Star News *Trigger Warning*

Post by newtovillagelife » July 10, 2019, 11:07 am

Pocahontas 20%
Senator Kamasutra 18%

Lone Star, it seems you no longer hide your blatant RACISM....or maybe you just aren't educated enough to know how to spell the Senators names.

Why not defend your racist name calling?????

User avatar
newtovillagelife
udonmap.com
Posts: 1096
Joined: December 3, 2011, 10:14 am

Re: Will Trump make the Grade.

Post by newtovillagelife » July 10, 2019, 11:09 am

Pocahontas 20%
Senator Kamasutra 18%

Lone Star, it seems you no longer hide your blatant RACISM....or maybe you just aren't educated enough to know how to spell the Senators names.

Why not defend your racist name calling?????

User avatar
newtovillagelife
udonmap.com
Posts: 1096
Joined: December 3, 2011, 10:14 am

Re: Trump addresses EU trade deficit

Post by newtovillagelife » July 10, 2019, 11:10 am

Pocahontas 20%
Senator Kamasutra 18%

Lone Star, it seems you no longer hide your blatant RACISM....or maybe you just aren't educated enough to know how to spell the Senators names.

Why not defend your racist name calling?????

User avatar
Lone Star
udonmap.com
Posts: 4898
Joined: June 26, 2014, 11:52 pm

Re: Will Trump make the Grade.

Post by Lone Star » July 10, 2019, 11:31 am

newtovillagelife wrote:
July 10, 2019, 11:09 am
Pocahontas 20%
Senator Kamasutra 18%

Lone Star, it seems you no longer hide your blatant RACISM....or maybe you just aren't educated enough to know how to spell the Senators names.

Why not defend your racist name calling?????
Your ignorance and attempts to inject racism (a belief in one's racial superiority) once again rears its ugly head.

If you knew any background on either of the candidates mentioned, you would know that Warren (Pocohontas) claimed to be a great grand daughter of a Native American. Her DNA test proved that she is no more Native American than anyone else. Not even 1/10th. Her test came back as 1/1024th. In many cases, Pocahontas is much less Native American than others. She also used that as her racial designation on some documents, which some think gave her an advantage in hiring, etc. The name I have given to her has nothing to do with any belief in racial superiority.

If you knew anything about Harris (Kamasutra), she slept her way to the top in politics by being the main squeeze of Mayor Willie Brown -- admitted. It has to do with her sexual proclivities, not anything to do with race.

It's no different than one of your fellow Cry Babies calling Trump a name related to the color of orange or any other assortment of names that you have for him.

You need to learn the difference between racism, prejudice and discrimination. They are all different and do not have to be related in any way. Education goes a long way.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

User avatar
Lone Star
udonmap.com
Posts: 4898
Joined: June 26, 2014, 11:52 pm

Re: Trump addresses EU trade deficit

Post by Lone Star » July 10, 2019, 11:33 am

newtovillagelife wrote:
July 10, 2019, 11:10 am
Pocahontas 20%
Senator Kamasutra 18%

Lone Star, it seems you no longer hide your blatant RACISM....or maybe you just aren't educated enough to know how to spell the Senators names.

Why not defend your racist name calling?????
Your ignorance and attempts to inject racism (a belief in one's racial superiority) once again rears its ugly head.

If you knew any background on either of the candidates mentioned, you would know that Warren (Pocohontas) claimed to be a great grand daughter of a Native American. Her DNA test proved that she is no more Native American than anyone else. Not even 1/10th. Her test came back as 1/1024th. In many cases, Pocahontas is much less Native American than others. She also used that as her racial designation on some documents, which some think gave her an advantage in hiring, etc. The name I have given to her has nothing to do with any belief in racial superiority.

If you knew anything about Harris (Kamasutra), she slept her way to the top in politics by being the main squeeze of Mayor Willie Brown -- admitted. It has to do with her sexual proclivities, not anything to do with race.

It's no different than one of your fellow Cry Babies calling Trump a name related to the color of orange or any other assortment of names that you have for him.

You need to learn the difference between racism, prejudice and discrimination. They are all different and do not have to be related in any way. Education goes a long way.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

User avatar
Lone Star
udonmap.com
Posts: 4898
Joined: June 26, 2014, 11:52 pm

Re: Lone Star News *Trigger Warning*

Post by Lone Star » July 10, 2019, 11:34 am

newtovillagelife wrote:
July 10, 2019, 11:07 am
Pocahontas 20%
Senator Kamasutra 18%

Lone Star, it seems you no longer hide your blatant RACISM....or maybe you just aren't educated enough to know how to spell the Senators names.

Why not defend your racist name calling?????
Your ignorance and attempts to inject racism (a belief in one's racial superiority) once again rears its ugly head.

If you knew any background on either of the candidates mentioned, you would know that Warren (Pocohontas) claimed to be a great grand daughter of a Native American. Her DNA test proved that she is no more Native American than anyone else. Not even 1/10th. Her test came back as 1/1024th. In many cases, Pocahontas is much less Native American than others. She also used that as her racial designation on some documents, which some think gave her an advantage in hiring, etc. The name I have given to her has nothing to do with any belief in racial superiority.

If you knew anything about Harris (Kamasutra), she slept her way to the top in politics by being the main squeeze of Mayor Willie Brown -- admitted. It has to do with her sexual proclivities, not anything to do with race.

It's no different than one of your fellow Cry Babies calling Trump a name related to the color of orange or any other assortment of names that you have for him.

You need to learn the difference between racism, prejudice and discrimination. They are all different and do not have to be related in any way. Education goes a long way.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

Post Reply

Return to “U.S. Politics”