The UK Labour Party faces bankruptcy

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Re: The UK Labour Party faces bankruptcy

Post by vincemunday » April 22, 2020, 1:52 pm

And the dissolution begins, looks like the Corbynistas aren’t happy with Starmer.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/12721 ... avirus/amp

The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 22, 2020, 2:18 pm

vincemunday wrote:
April 22, 2020, 1:52 pm
And the dissolution begins, looks like the Corbynistas aren’t happy with Starmer.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/12721 ... avirus/amp
Hopefully the begining of the end of the Labour party as we know it ..

Nigel Farage will be chomping at the bit to get a new political movement /party started now surely ..wont he Tam ???

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 22, 2020, 2:26 pm

I’m seriously beginning to wonder what will happen if he doesn’t, the Labour Party are obviously shot to bits, the Liberals are a bunch of loonies and there’s not really anyone I can see that’s got the support to form another party.

To be fair, Farage has given a lot of his life up for 25 years or more, I couldn’t blame him if he didn’t.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 22, 2020, 2:30 pm

vincemunday wrote:
April 22, 2020, 2:26 pm
I’m seriously beginning to wonder what will happen if he doesn’t, the Labour Party are obviously shot to bits, the Liberals are a bunch of loonies and there’s not really anyone I can see that’s got the support to form another party.

To be fair, Farage has given a lot of his life up for 25 years or more, I couldn’t blame him if he didn’t.
yes agree Vince but it would be so quick and easy for him to get in the mix now and sweep up all the current members from the dregs you mention .. to keep Boris n co at bay and ready for the next elections.

He probably will decide not to do it as you say hes done his bit for years n sure to have a spanking job lined up with Trump when hes reelected .

DM

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 22, 2020, 2:44 pm

I’ve been racking my brains since that last post and I seriously can’t think of anyone who could realistically start a new party, that is a shocking state of affairs that we are so bereft of quality politicians. Perhaps the closest I can think of would be Patrick O Flynn the ex editor of the Express, he’s charismatic, a great talker but he’s a lightweight politically.

Will Farage do it? I don’t know but there’s still a chance, it’s not about money Jon, he gave up a perfectly good brokerage in London to pursue Brexit and he could earn more than most people just doing after dinner speeches, if he does go for it it’ll be because of commitment to do what’s right, he’s a very highly principled man.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 22, 2020, 3:20 pm

He is our only man then Vince , i couldnt think of anyone else thats anywhere near him politically .. and im sure he could keep those rebellious Scots under control as well ..eh Tammy

Must admit i miss Diane Abbopotasmus n all her gaffs !!and for that matter Denis Skinner the beast of Bolsover...great entertainment.

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 22, 2020, 3:36 pm

vincemunday wrote:
April 20, 2020, 6:12 pm
I still have no interest in your background or what you think Brexit has done to your family, it's of no interest to me whatsoever but I've noticed you do love the word demographic, is it a new word? I never referred to you as a libtard nor a snowflake, you came into a thread telling me i should check the voting age of brexit voters and speak to people under 35, as I was one of the activists working with UKIP you think I might have already done that? By the by, we might even be in the same "demographic" you're assuming too much.
Well maybe you did a ---- job as an activist?

In 2017, "The Ukip vote collapsed across every age group" and demographic.
age.jpg
Class
ethnicity.jpg
Ethnicity
turnout.jpg
Turnout
The younger voter turn out was significant but they weren't voting for Nigel.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/da ... ed-in-2017

In 2015. "It is clear that, demographically, Ukip supporters are more likely to be male, and to be older. Those aged 45 or older - and particularly those aged 65 and above - are more likely than average to support Ukip. Geographically, Ukip support is higher in Eastern England, Yorkshire & Humberside, and the Midlands. Support is noticeably weaker in Scotland, as well as in London."

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/lauren ... 31026.html?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 22, 2020, 3:44 pm

tamada wrote:
April 22, 2020, 3:36 pm
vincemunday wrote:
I still have no interest in your background or what you think Brexit has done to your family, it's of no interest to me whatsoever but I've noticed you do love the word demographic, is it a new word? I never referred to you as a libtard nor a snowflake, you came into a thread telling me i should check the voting age of brexit voters and speak to people under 35, as I was one of the activists working with UKIP you think I might have already done that? By the by, we might even be in the same "demographic" you're assuming too much.

age.jpg

class.jpg

ethnicity.jpg

turnout.jpg

In 2015. "It is clear that, demographically, Ukip supporters are more likely to be male, and to be older. Those aged 45 or older - and particularly those aged 65 and above - are more likely than average to support Ukip. Geographically, Ukip support is higher in Eastern England, Yorkshire & Humberside SCUNTHORPE , and the Midlands. Support is noticeably weaker in Scotland boo boo , as well as in London."

Youve had this torpedo post ready n waiting for the next mention of Vinces pal Mr Farage havent you Tam .. be prepared .. as my old STD doc used to say .

DM

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 22, 2020, 3:58 pm

By then Tammy, the vote had already taken place, my activism had ended and I was sitting on a beach in Koh Chang, I would have thought it was patently obvious that our approach to Brexit was the right one, we won the vote didn't we?

Oh I've just had a thought, perhaps you didn't understand why UKIP was started! Once again the giveaway is in the name .. INDEPENDENCE PARTY, sort of the same as BREXIT PARTY, it wasn't set up as an opposition party.

And I still have no interest in his nor your demographic arguments, they are superfluous, the deal is done.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 22, 2020, 4:15 pm

"Youve had this torpedo post ready n waiting for the next mention of Vinces pal Mr Farage havent you Tam .. be prepared .. as my old STD doc used to say .

DM"

Problem is Jon, he fired YET ANOTHER dud, people who don't understand politics should steer clear.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 22, 2020, 5:05 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 22, 2020, 3:44 pm
tamada wrote:
April 22, 2020, 3:36 pm
vincemunday wrote:

age.jpg

class.jpg

ethnicity.jpg

turnout.jpg

In 2015. "It is clear that, demographically, Ukip supporters are more likely to be male, and to be older. Those aged 45 or older - and particularly those aged 65 and above - are more likely than average to support Ukip. Geographically, Ukip support is higher in Eastern England, Yorkshire & Humberside SCUNTHORPE , and the Midlands. Support is noticeably weaker in Scotland boo boo , as well as in London."

Youve had this torpedo post ready n waiting for the next mention of Vinces pal Mr Farage havent you Tam .. be prepared .. as my old STD doc used to say .

DM
Nothing quite so explosive DM. I thought maybe a depth charge for the blindly meandering HMS Vince? But in reality, more like the corner bedpost, just waiting for vince to stumble along and stub his politically naive "I was a (failed) activist" big toe on (again).
Last edited by tamada on April 22, 2020, 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 22, 2020, 5:06 pm

vincemunday wrote:
April 22, 2020, 4:15 pm
"Youve had this torpedo post ready n waiting for the next mention of Vinces pal Mr Farage havent you Tam .. be prepared .. as my old STD doc used to say .

DM"

Problem is Jon, he fired YET ANOTHER dud, people who don't understand politics should steer clear.
...like the above "pearler".

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 22, 2020, 5:15 pm

Short responses again eh Tam? No big words, no drawn out h@rseshit to cover up the cobblers you have posted? I'm disappointed.

By the by you are AN activist not A activist and I'll be honest at the time we thought we had failed, thankfully our concerns were short lived, I was actually on the ferry to Koh Chang when the result was announced, what a moment, all the hard work paid off and I had a superb holiday to boot.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 22, 2020, 7:10 pm

vincemunday wrote:
April 22, 2020, 3:58 pm
Oh I've just had a thought, perhaps you didn't understand why UKIP was started! Once again the giveaway is in the name .. INDEPENDENCE PARTY, sort of the same as BREXIT PARTY, it wasn't set up as an opposition party.
Still touting the nominal figurehead of both these albeit successful one-trick pony shows, neither of which was "set up as an opposition party", as the best man to lead a "serious and credible" opposition party.

You really shouldn't think vince, it's obviously not your forte.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 22, 2020, 8:09 pm

It’s not just me Tam, there’s an awful lot of people in the UK who would have voted for him in the last election if they hadn’t been so worried it might lead to a Labour Government, people quite rightly played it safe, I’m sure even you can understand that, even the Tory Party were concerned their vote would be diluted and that was against a party that pretty much made it absolutely clear that they were only formed to ensure Brexit was carried through and nothing more. The Brexit party itself couldn’t possibly be expected to try to be an opposition party, those who stood for them were staunch members of other parties who stood down (e.g. Anne Widdecomb) so they could stand for the Brexit Party but perhaps you didn’t realise that either?

Again, perhaps because of your inability to read and absorb, we aren’t advocating just Farage, what we are saying is that there is a need for a decent opposition party and (you can read this above) we can’t think of anyone else who would stand a fair chance of forming one, I think I might even tout Patrick O Flynn at some point?

Bless you for worrying about me thinking too much, to be honest I do try not to these days and indeed I don’t find I have to too often if you catch my drift?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brexit_Party

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » April 22, 2020, 10:14 pm

Couldn't be arsed responding before. It appeared that a debate on politics, where an opposing view was suggested, was difficult without resorting to immature comments (yes Mr Munday, words like "demographic" feature regularly in my vocabulary).

I simply stated it for debate taking into account that the contributors here are generally a specific demographic (wow, got that word in again!). The fact is that the younger electorate did support the Labour party (and indeed a Remain vote) in disproportionate numbers so, it is possible that it is far from being yesterday's party as had been mooted. This is regardless of my personal politics.

To add to Tamada's figures on the Brexit vote, these are the 2019 election statistics.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/ar ... l-election

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 23, 2020, 6:50 am

You're missing the point, no one doubts who is likely to vote for the Labour Party, the demographics (there i slipped it in for you nice and early) are not under question and although its not what this thread is about it matters not a jot, the Labour Party has just had it's worse trouncing in nearly 100 years and have in fact fared very badly in recent polls with the Conservative Party being more popular than ever, I'm not a Tory BTW. This thread is about whether they will survive the absolute $hitstorm caused by the releasing of the antisemitism report, the subsequent legal actions and the infighting this has caused. This leads on to whether there is a need for a potential opposition party and who might form it, who might and might not vote for Labour is irrelevant and perhaps a subject for another thread? Tam also strayed off thread with his usual attempt at being big and clever and as usual he failed, surprising really because he's usually he's the first one to pi$$ and moan if someone else does it.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 23, 2020, 12:31 pm

Boris's stand-in: 0 v Leader of (some of) the Opposition: 1

Starmer's warm-up for PMQ's against Raab yesterday was just that, a warm-up. Certainly wasn't a 'friendly'. If you turned up the volume, you could just about hear the Foreign Secretary's teeth gritting off-camera as Starmer bored into Raab's stack of stale, re-heated waffles.

For the main event, I guess we need to wait until Boris gets back from Chequers with all his verbose, bombastic, outwardly witty but ultimately deflective acrobatic vocabulary. Then Starmer can respond with, "I (still) don't need correcting..."

I looked at Patrick O'Flynn's resume and have to agree with vince's assessment. Wouldn't even rate as a running mate IMHO.

Looking at all the factions that have either have been or want to be the party's primary policy diktat, now fighting for control of Labour, if a 'traditional' party can't offer anyone with suitable credentials, there's not much hope at all. The drive to the right only enforces an equal and opposite drive to the left. I liken Momentum to the US's Tea Party, only with much dirtier laundry. They exacerbated the GOP's implosion and we all see where that took us. There are no statesmen and career politicians any more, just a slew of opportunistic hijackers, some with dodgy links to corporate business. It's a bit frightening really.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 23, 2020, 1:13 pm

Sorry Tam, disagree with you on one point there, the problem is that the vast majority of them are career politicians, they have no concept of the real world, very few of them have ever had a “proper” job, if Labour are ever going to reconnect with the electorate they have to stop pandering to these idiotic pressure groups and actually relate to the working classes.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 30, 2020, 3:14 pm

UK Labour sailing along rather nicely, according to a new poll.

As a result, the Flaxen Fool is about to come under considerable pressure from within.
Boris Johnson faces Tory wrath as party slumps in shock poll

At the end of March, shortly after Johnson imposed the full lockdown, the Conservatives were surging ahead on 54% of the vote, with Labour, awaiting the result of the party’s leadership election, on 28%. At the time Johnson’s personal ratings were also very positive, but are now consistently well behind those of the Labour leader, Keir Starmer.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... shock-poll
8-[

Return to “Politics - Other than Thailand”