Post by Whistler » April 1, 2023, 12:47 pm

Earnest wrote:
March 31, 2023, 6:03 pm
OK :D
Whistler wrote:
March 31, 2023, 2:06 pm
Ten reasons for being dual Scot/Australian

You are not English et cetera
I couldn't agree more...except for the bit about you being Scottish because you're not, you're an Australian. Nothing wrong with being an Aussie, you don't have to pretend to be something else.
British citizenship can be interpreted many ways. Your statement about not being a Scot, while intended no doubt to insult, does not hold water.

However

A Welshman is always a Welshman, A Scotsman is always a Scotsman etc. If you meet somebody from Britain and ask their nationality, I would suggest 99.9% of the time they describe themselves as being from their country, including undoubtedly yourself.

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Earnest
udonmap.com

Re: THOUGHTS ON THE NEW Leader of the SNP

Post by Earnest » April 1, 2023, 2:40 pm

A Welshman is always a Welshman, A Scotsman is always a Scotsman and an Australian is always an Australian? :lol:

Never mind, Scotland is strewn with tourists from the Commonwealth (like you) who travel up and down the A9 pursuing that romantic notion of heritage. A few even remove their Y fronts and sport kilts.

But I'm interested in your post below, what does Australian law say about Scottish citizenship?
Whistler wrote:
March 31, 2023, 8:34 pm
Steve, your authority for overturning Australian law?
Earnest wrote:
April 1, 2023, 12:00 am
The Australian Govt recognises you as a Scottish citizen, do you hold a Scottish passport?
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 1, 2023, 5:33 pm

What's your problem? How about thinking of something interesting to say instead of simply being a nasty little pest.

My feeling in this multicultural world are mine and mine alone. For you to presume the right to dictate to me is pathetic.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » April 2, 2023, 2:12 am

But it's OK for you to dictate to others on this forum? :lol:

Anyway, you're not Scottish and you're still dodging my question.
Earnest wrote:
April 1, 2023, 2:40 pm

But I'm interested in your post below, what does Australian law say about Scottish citizenship?
Whistler wrote:
March 31, 2023, 8:34 pm
Steve, your authority for overturning Australian law?
Earnest wrote:
April 1, 2023, 12:00 am
The Australian Govt recognises you as a Scottish citizen, do you hold a Scottish passport?
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 2, 2023, 5:48 am

Australia recognises people from Scotland as distinct from the UK and records this in every census.

https://www.abs.gov.au/census/find-cens ... 1/2105_AUS

So there you go troll, Australia officially recognises Scots, me included.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 2, 2023, 8:58 am

Whistler wrote:
April 2, 2023, 5:48 am
Australia recognises people from Scotland as distinct from the UK and records this in every census.

https://www.abs.gov.au/census/find-cens ... 1/2105_AUS

So there you go troll, Australia officially recognises Scots, me included. You will also note that they are still considered Scots even if they become Australian citizens.

You have never been a dual citizen so have no idea what you are talking about, but of course you are not genuinely asking questions, simply being a nasty little pest.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » April 2, 2023, 10:42 am

Agree Whistler.
Most Brits do use their Country of Origin as their nationality, In fact many countries would have no idea what you were talking about if you said you were British. The only people from the UK who tend to use the term British are those in Northern Ireland. As to the original question. After less than 26,000 cult members decided to impose the new 1st Minister on Scotland, you can find me in a darkened room, head bowed, slowly shaking it from side to side while muttering three words, two which start with F and one with S.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 2, 2023, 10:52 am

Oh dear my comment opened up the proverbial can of worms. Naturally those who emigrate their natioality of orgin is recoded and accepted, due in part that they can then if they so wish remove said NON NATIVE BORN people at a stroke of a pen, so they need to know who you are and where you live .

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » April 2, 2023, 10:08 pm

Back on topic, please.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 2, 2023, 10:26 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
April 2, 2023, 10:52 am
Oh dear my comment opened up the proverbial can of worms. Naturally those who emigrate their natioality of orgin is recoded and accepted, due in part that they can then if they so wish remove said NON NATIVE BORN people at a stroke of a pen, so they need to know who you are and where you live .
Is that right KP?

Have you ever heard of The Immigration Restriction Act of 1901 as amended. You obviously know zip about Australian law.

Ignorant troll

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » April 2, 2023, 10:51 pm

Udon Map wrote:
April 2, 2023, 10:08 pm
Back on topic, please.
Pursuing the gender recognition reforms will lose the SNP votes and this is where the Labour Party should be ready to snatch back Westminster seats. Continuity (a safe pair of hands} is not the way forward...are you still awake?

Who is Humza Yousaf, Scotland's new first minister

Source: BBC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland- ... s-64874821
Mr Yousaf is a close ally of Ms Sturgeon and is generally seen as the "continuity candidate" who would seek to continue the work of the outgoing first minister.
He is the only one of the three contenders to have said they would challenge the UK government's block on Ms Sturgeon's controversial gender recognition reforms in the courts, arguing that independence will only be won if the party continues to push "progressive values".
But he has stressed that he would only go to court if the legal advice suggested that a challenge could be successful.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » April 3, 2023, 12:25 am

Pursuing the gender recognition reforms will lose the SNP votes and this is where the Labour Party should be ready to snatch back Westminster seats. Continuity (a safe pair of hands} is not the way forward...are you still awake?

Oh Dear Ernie, do try to keep up at the back.
The totally incompetent Labour Party in Scotland backed, yes backed the worst piece of legislation that the SNP have ever tried to pass (apart from the shop your family for dinner table talk that Useless tried to introduce). So if it does result in the lost votes as your crystal ball says Labour will not be the ones to gain. Thank the Gods

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » April 3, 2023, 12:39 am

Dear Alex, I'm glad you're back, it's certainly alot safer for you here since big, bad Tamada left.

Are you saying the Scottish Conservatives will gain from the SNP pursuing a gender reform package? Do you believe there's a sizeable majority of SNP voters who will switch to Conservative, you're not that naïve, are you? Patronising political advice from a former soldier is laughable, I have to say.

I can show you how to use the quote function if you have time?

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » April 3, 2023, 12:50 am

Not saying anything Ernie apart from you are 'wrong'. The Gender reform legislation will not result in gains for Labour who backed the SNP and voted it through, they are acknowledged to be on a lower level of competence than the totally Useless SNP. Not back at all, have better things to do with my time than joust with you lot, though I do see you are attempting to take over the super trolls crown.

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » April 3, 2023, 2:14 pm

میرا تعلق گلاسگو عزیز پرانے گلاسگو ٹاؤن سے ہے۔
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » April 4, 2023, 12:34 am

555! Good one, Billy Ricky Thingy, although I did have to use Google Translate.
AlexO wrote:
April 3, 2023, 12:50 am
Not saying anything Ernie apart from you are 'wrong'....Not back at all, have better things to do with my time than joust with you lot, though I do see you are attempting to take over the super trolls crown.
Am I? :shock: It seems a couple of pensioners here label a chap as a troll if he dares to disagree with them. :lol:

Hang on, readers, what's this?
In Scotland, the Scottish National Party (SNP) is a left social democratic[1] political party which campaigns for Scottish independence.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_o ... dependence.

If I'm 'wrong' (your italics) then it follows that a sizeable number of left social democratic voters will vote for a central right party...or not vote at all. But don't worry your lttle head about it for now, Alex, let's wait for a general election.

But wait...
The SNP leader, Humza Yousaf, has been voted in by MSPs as Scotland’s youngest first minister and the first from a minority ethnic background.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... background.

Well, that's not very democratic, is it. Did the SNP members get a chance to vote?

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 4, 2023, 10:41 am

Poor little earnie, getting called out correctly for his quest to be super troll on this forum.

Whoops I forgot, having more then a dozen of his troll posts DELETED by the mods.

Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck......behold, it is a duck.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » April 4, 2023, 10:49 am

Earnest wrote:
April 4, 2023, 12:34 am
555! Good one, Billy Ricky Thingy, although I did have to use Google Translate.
AlexO wrote:
April 3, 2023, 12:50 am
Not saying anything Ernie apart from you are 'wrong'....Not back at all, have better things to do with my time than joust with you lot, though I do see you are attempting to take over the super trolls crown.
Am I? :shock: It seems a couple of pensioners here label a chap as a troll if he dares to disagree with them. :lol:

Hang on, readers, what's this?
In Scotland, the Scottish National Party (SNP) is a left social democratic[1] political party which campaigns for Scottish independence.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_o ... dependence.

If I'm 'wrong' (your italics) then it follows that a sizeable number of left social democratic voters will vote for a central right party...or not vote at all. But don't worry your lttle head about it for now, Alex, let's wait for a general election.

But wait...
The SNP leader, Humza Yousaf, has been voted in by MSPs as Scotland’s youngest first minister and the first from a minority ethnic background.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... background.

Well, that's not very democratic, is it. Did the SNP members get a chance to vote?
[/quote

Oh Dear Ernie
I hardly think that a forum such as UM is the best place to highlight any ageism issues you have is it? The fact that you are trying to denigrate the age or working status of people posting should really be something the moderators should have a wee look at.
As to the real issue Scotland, if you actually knew what you were talking about instead of just throwing inane comments into the ring you would know that there was a leadership election held by the Cult (SNP) with hustings held over a full month. Fully paid up members of the Cult were allowed to vote on the election of the leadership of the Cult (SNP)
. There were lots of false information (LIES) issued by the Cults party hierarchy as to how many members there were which resulted in some very high profile resignations (including the previous Cult leaders husband) when the truth was finally published. The Cult now has a new leader who won because less than 26,000 sheeple voted for it as preferred candidate. The article in the Guardian relates to some other nonsense that was imposed on the devolved Assembly by Tony Bliar that requires the Assembly to confirm that the leader of the majority voting party in the Assembly is also the 1st Minister of Scotland, as if they are going to vote against their own leader!!!
Just some other info on the Scottish Assembly so you don't look foolish next post.
The Cult do not have a majority vote in the Assembly, they are in a toxic coalition with the Marxist Green party this gives them a voting majority at Holyrood but results in the Greens (who are only list MSPs due to a stupid voting system foisted on Scotland by, yes you guessed it, Bliar again) having a stupid amount of say in policy making.
Scotland so long a Liebour Party stronghold (make sure you are sitting down dear chap) has 22 Labour MSPs as opposed to the Tory's 31 (bet that hurts) so yes people may turn to a center right party when they decide enough is enough (think that time has come already) The description of the SNP(Cult) is not wholly correct, the Cult is a mish mash of differing political preferences, (they even tried to enter into a coalition with Nazi Germany to say they would Govern Scotland on behalf of Hitler when/if the Nazi's invaded England) basically a one trick pony party with the trick being independence. The current vote catching 'everything is free' policies they have just now are only possible because Westminster picks up the massive spending deficit the SNP/Green coalition have every year.
So hopefully you have taken in a few bits of 'real' information and can stop posting nonsense about Scotland and its unique political situation.
Better you just lie back and wallow in the gushing praise from the Pratt, who's hero worship of you and Tam is almost vomit inducing.
Bye for now.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 4, 2023, 11:19 am

Yap, yap ... nip, nip ....

I also note that Mr Yousaf was born in Scotland.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 4, 2023, 11:36 am

jackspratt wrote:
April 4, 2023, 11:19 am
Yap, yap ... nip, nip ....

I also note that Mr Yousaf was born in Scotland.
YAY, another post snipping from the sidelines. Alex obviously has quite a detailed knowledge of the political situation in Scotland, little Ernie has close to zip.

As for Mr. Yousuf being born in Scotland. We had a recent dud Prime Minister born in Australia called Morrison, but his birthright did not make him a competent leader.

Return to “Politics - Other than Thailand”