U.S. Politics

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 30, 2020, 3:15 pm

trekkertony wrote:
April 30, 2020, 3:08 pm
Joe Biden escapes scrutiny regarding sexual assault allegation by all the USA left wing media,. Here is your chance Stattointhailand to demonstrate your self described balanced views as per the BOJO dna thread. =D> =D> =D>
Over to you Statts =D> =D> ...

Trump was hung drawn n quartered for his ALLEGED minge grabbing exploits .. so now Biden the fruitcake needs to stop letting his fingers do the talking .

DM

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » April 30, 2020, 4:46 pm

TJ wrote:
April 30, 2020, 12:49 pm
President Trump was just repeating ideas that were mentioned in a previous China virus brainstorming session. If the thought of injecting a curative that might be also used as a disinfectant upsets you, I recommend that you look no further into the sources of injected curatives, such as penicillin. It might lead to a need for psychiatric treatment. Just keep reminding yourself that "Ignorance is bliss" and you will be just fine.
No, his suggestion doesn't upset me. It's just ignorant and irresponsible coming from someone who is a leader. Your comparison to penicillin is inapposite. Penicillin is an antibiotic. Lysol is not. And in any case, COVID-19 is a virus, not an infection.

If he was talking about the disinfectants used to treat HAIs (and I believe that he has never heard of an HAI and has no idea what an HAI is), those are not used internally in a human body. They're used topically, to disinfect surfaces in hospitals.

What's more, the idea of the disinfectant apparently didn't come from any brainstorming session. It came from Trump.
And I then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute, and is there a way you can do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs, and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it'd be interesting to check that.

cali4995
udonmap.com

Post by cali4995 » May 1, 2020, 4:00 am

trump & richard branson seem to have a lot in
common . showmen/scoundrels/supposed
business mavens. wouldn't ask either of them for
medical advice though. good tax shelters maybe 8-[

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 1, 2020, 10:07 am

TJ wrote:
April 30, 2020, 12:49 pm

President Trump was just repeating ideas that were mentioned in a previous China virus brainstorming session.
In that case, why did he later try to walk it back by saying it was just sarcasm?

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » May 2, 2020, 5:51 am

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 2, 2020, 6:56 am

All those apprearances with no mention at all of the alleged assault issue .. poor old DT would have been ripped to pieces by the bias US media from the outset this woman came forward such is the hate for the guy ..

DM

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » May 2, 2020, 10:08 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 2, 2020, 6:56 am
All those apprearances with no mention at all of the alleged assault issue .. poor old DT would have been ripped to pieces by the bias US media from the outset this woman came forward such is the hate for the guy ..

DM
Nah, it's very different, DM. Let's start with DT being caught on tape bragging about just "grab 'em by the pussy." And about how he's so famous that he can have any girl he wants.

Biden's accusations? This woman can't seem to tell the same story twice. First, he stood too close when they talked. Then the story changed to he touched the back of her neck. Now it's that he put his hand up her skirt. And all of the people she says she complained to in his office say that they have no recollection of any conversation with her about this.

She said that she complained to the Senate Personnel Office at the time. OK, Biden has asked that the records of the Senate currently in the National Archives be released in case there's anything there that might shed light on this. HE's not preventing the release of the University of Delaware records. The University won't release or open them to the public until they have finished cataloging and indexing them, so that any search will be thorough instead of partial.

At the end of the day, she's going to be shown to be a liar, just as the women who accused Kavanaugh were also shown to be liars.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 2, 2020, 10:24 am

Udon Map wrote:
May 2, 2020, 10:08 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 2, 2020, 6:56 am

DM
Nah, it's very different, DM. Let's start with DT being caught on tape bragging about just "grab 'em by the pussy." And about how he's so famous that he can have any girl he wants.

Biden's accusations? This woman can't seem to tell the same story twice. First, he stood too close when they talked. Then the story changed to he touched the back of her neck. Now it's that he put his hand up her skirt. And all of the people she says she complained to in his office say that they have no recollection of any conversation with her about this.

She said that she complained to the Senate Personnel Office at the time. OK, Biden has asked that the records of the Senate currently in the National Archives be released in case there's anything there that might shed light on this. HE's not preventing the release of the University of Delaware records. The University won't release or open them to the public until they have finished cataloging and indexing them, so that any search will be thorough instead of partial.

At the end of the day, she's going to be shown to be a liar, just as the women who accused Kavanaugh were also shown to be liars.
Never left the truth get in the way of a good story ..

This wa saparty political broadcast on behalf of the anti DT party KP STATTS n UM :lol: :lol: :lol:

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » May 2, 2020, 10:31 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 2, 2020, 10:24 am
Never left the truth get in the way of a good story ..
👍

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » May 2, 2020, 10:51 am

I don't give these accusations much weight. What used to be flirting is now sexual harassment. Women usually know exactly what they are doing. After some years pass, they have developed a dislike for the guy for whatever reason. Maybe some people pay her for her story. The accusations come out and the guys reputation is ruined even if the accusation is totally false. I had no problem with Bill Clinton other than he lied about it. Had he told the accusers that his sex life was none of their business at least he would have been honest. Stories from many years ago should be ignored. The women may have convinced themselves that it really happened when it was a just figment of their imagination. Some of them are simply attention ***** who get free publicity and make some money.

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » May 2, 2020, 10:59 am

glalt wrote:
May 2, 2020, 10:51 am
I don't give these accusations much weight. What used to be flirting is now sexual harassment. Women usually know exactly what they are doing. After some years pass, they have developed a dislike for the guy for whatever reason. Maybe some people pay her for her story. The accusations come out and the guys reputation is ruined even if the accusation is totally false. I had no problem with Bill Clinton other than he lied about it. Had he told the accusers that his sex life was none of their business at least he would have been honest. Stories from many years ago should be ignored. The women may have convinced themselves that it really happened when it was a just figment of their imagination. Some of them are simply attention ***** who get free publicity and make some money.
You do have a valid point.
When I was on the nightclub scene, many years ago, I reckon the girls were worse than the boys once alcohol affected.
I got tons of stories.

Maybe I should google some of the girls and see if the're famous?
Could be worth some dough.
Mick

Whistler
udonmap.com

Re: US American Poltics

Post by Whistler » May 3, 2020, 1:00 pm

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

fogeyes
udonmap.com

Post by fogeyes » May 3, 2020, 1:18 pm

FF6F6A67-0858-48F4-9AC7-0738C2F74F26.jpeg

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » May 3, 2020, 2:05 pm

Since the old dotard has been in office the PDB (President's Daily Brief) has probably been pitched at a ten or eleven year old's comprehension level.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » May 3, 2020, 9:16 pm

glalt wrote:
May 2, 2020, 10:51 am
And some of them might be real victims who were sexually abused and still suffer trauma from the incident(s).
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

TJ
udonmap.com

Post by TJ » May 3, 2020, 10:55 pm

If anyone wonders where how progressives get things so wrong, it goes like this.
Attachments
IMG_2912.jpeg

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » May 3, 2020, 11:11 pm

TJ wrote:
May 3, 2020, 10:55 pm
If anyone wonders where how progressives get things so wrong, it goes like this.
If only he had said something as facially rational as this.... Unfortunately, he didn't.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 3, 2020, 11:59 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 30, 2020, 3:15 pm
trekkertony wrote:
April 30, 2020, 3:08 pm
Joe Biden escapes scrutiny regarding sexual assault allegation by all the USA left wing media,. Here is your chance Stattointhailand to demonstrate your self described balanced views as per the BOJO dna thread. =D> =D> =D>
Over to you Statts =D> =D> ...

Trump was hung drawn n quartered for his ALLEGED minge grabbing exploits .. so now Biden the fruitcake needs to stop letting his fingers do the talking .

DM
errr did I miss something ....... did DJT step down (was he "sectioned") when did Sleepy Joe become president and more to the point who is his VP (someone has to run the country) ............. perhaps not, they seem to have managed without for 3 1/2 years

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 4, 2020, 6:40 am

And now this it could be called the ' Piece de resistance '

Donald Trump is getting nervous. Internal polls show him losing in November unless the economy comes roaring back.
But much of the economy remains closed because of the pandemic. The number of infections and deaths continue to climb.

So what is Trump’s re-election strategy? Reopen the economy anyway, despite the risks.
Step 1
Remove income support, so people have no choice but to return to work.
Trump’s labor department has decided that furloughed employees “must accept” an employer’s offer to return to work and therefore forfeit unemployment benefits, regardless of Covid-19.
Trump’s ally, Iowa’s Republican governor, Kim Reynolds, says employees cannot refuse to return to work for fear of contracting the disease. “That’s a voluntary quit,” making someone ineligible for benefits.
GOP officials in Oklahoma are even threatening to withhold the $600 a week of extra unemployment benefits Congress has provided workers, if an employer wants to hire them. Safety is irrelevant.
“If the employer will contact us … we will cut off their benefits,” says Teresa Thomas Keller of the Oklahoma Employment Security Commission.
Forcing people to choose between getting Covid-19 or losing their livelihood is inhumane. It is also nonsensical. Public health still depends on as many workers as possible staying home. That’s a big reason why Congress provided the extra benefits.
Step 2
Hide the facts.
No one knows how many Americans are infected because the Trump administration continues to drag its heels on testing. To date only 6.5m tests have been completed in a population of more than 200 million adults.
Florida, one of the first states to reopen, has stopped releasing medical examiners’ statistics on the number of Covid-19 victims because the figures are higher than the state’s official count.
But it’s impossible to fight the virus without adequate data. Dr Anthony Fauci, the administration’s leading infectious disease expert, warns that reopening poses “a really significant risk” without more testing.
Not surprisingly, the White House has blocked Fauci from testifying before the House.
Step 3
Pretend it’s about “freedom”.
Weeks ago, Trump called on citizens to “LIBERATE” states like Michigan, whose Democratic governor, Gretchen Whitmer, imposed strict stay-at-home rules.
Michigan has the third-highest number of Covid-19 deaths in America, although it is 10th in population. When on Thursday Whitmer extended the rules to 28 May, gun-toting protesters rushed the state house chanting: “Lock her up!”
Rather than condemn their behavior, Trump suggested Whitmer “make a deal” with them.
“The Governor of Michigan should give a little, and put out the fire,” he tweeted. “These are very good people, but they are angry. They want their lives back again, safely!”
Meanwhile, the attorney general, William Barr, has directed the justice department to take legal action against any state or local authorities imposing lockdown measures that “could be violating the constitutional rights and civil liberties of individual citizens”.
Making this about “freedom” is absurd. Freedom is meaningless for people who have no choice but to accept a job that risks their health.
Step 4
Shield businesses against lawsuits for spreading the infection.
Trump is pushing to give businesses that reopen a “liability shield” against legal action by workers or customers who get infected by the virus.
This week, he announced he would use the Defense Production Act to force meat-processing plants to remain open, despite high rates of Covid-19 infections and deaths among meatpackers.
“We’re going to sign an executive order today, I believe, and that’ll solve any liability problems,” Trump said.
The Senate majority leader, Mitch McConnell, insists that proposed legislation giving state and local governments funding they desperately needs to include legal immunity for corporations that cause workers or consumers to become infected.
“We have a red line on liability,” McConnell said. “It won’t pass the Senate without it.”
But how can the economy safely reopen if companies don’t have an incentive to keep people safe? Promises to provide protective gear and other safeguards are worthless absent the threat of damages if workers or customers become infected.
THE TRUTH
The biggest obstacle to reopening the economy is the pandemic itself.
Any rush to reopen without adequate testing and tracing – far more than now under way – will cause a resurgence of the disease and another and longer economic crisis.
Maybe Trump is betting that any resurgence will occur after the election, when the economy appears to be on the road to recovery.
The first responsibility of a president is to keep the public safe. But Donald Trump couldn’t care less. He was slow to respond to the threat, then he lied about it, then made it hard for states – especially those with Democratic governors – to get the equipment they need.
Now he’s trying to force the economy to reopen in order to boost his electoral chances this November, and he’s selling out Americans’ health to seal the deal. This is beyond contemptible.

As I have always said , Once a Moron always a Moron.

Return to “U.S. Politics”