U.S. Politics

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by Lone Star » October 5, 2019, 6:23 am

The biggest number to take away from the Labor Department job numbers on Friday:

UNemployment DOWN to 3.5%. LOWEST UNemployment rate since December 1969. HALF A CENTURY.

Second, still over 100,00 jobs added.

Third, wages still rising in most sectors.

All of this while many in the rest of the world are experiencing economic contraction, which is why the US economy has slowed.

STEADY WINNING.

AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » October 5, 2019, 6:25 am

nytimes headline 19.1004.jpg

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » October 5, 2019, 6:38 am

Nice summary by Larry Kudlow.

The Household Survey is the key -- entrepreneurs and small business -- 394,000.

Black Male UNemployment LOWEST since 1973 -- 5.4%.

Latino UNemployment LOWEST EVAH!

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » October 5, 2019, 6:45 am

Great political ad.

There's nothing like using Democrats' own words to show their hypocrisy.

You can't be a Democrat without being a Hypocrite.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » October 5, 2019, 7:12 am

President Trump Delivers Remarks at the Young Black Leadership Summit 2019

That damn racist Trump.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » October 5, 2019, 7:33 am

Mosquito wrote:
October 5, 2019, 3:09 am
... maybe 10% of them were non-registered Republicans.
Rasmussen has an excellent reputation in polling. Absent proof, you'll have a hard time convincing people that its sample was skewed.

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » October 5, 2019, 9:04 am

Udon Map wrote:
October 5, 2019, 7:33 am
Mosquito wrote:
Rasmussen has an excellent reputation in polling. Absent proof, you'll have a hard time convincing people that its sample was skewed.
Hey, UDMap keep up.....you skipped a step.

My previous post was on "A survey from CNS News shows that 75% believe Trump is more likely to be re-elected than impeached." Not the Rasmussen polling.

Now, I'm wondering how hard it would be to convince people how skewed the CNS sample / poll was??

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » October 5, 2019, 9:14 am

Mosquito wrote:
October 4, 2019, 11:08 am
CNS News, no bias reporting there. I have to assume (no proof), only Republicans were polled.

Have to love the way Trump supporters relay half truths and twisted facts.
UDMap, this'll help you see the context of my previous posts. Hope it helps.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » October 5, 2019, 11:33 am

Bluford Putnam, chief economist at CME Group:
“The jobs number is likely to be in the low 100,000s and some people consider that pretty low, but you have to realize that ... the U.S. economy, the labor force isn’t growing very much at all.

“It doesn’t take much GDP growth, it doesn’t take much monthly job growth to keep the unemployment rate below 4% and if we stay below 4% on unemployment, we don’t have a jobs problem, consumers will continue to spend and we’re gonna avoid a recession."
He's correct. When you're amost fully employed, when more Americans are working than ever before and over 5 million jobs have already been created, that spike can't continue. The number of jobs created becomes less critical because we have more jobs than there are people looking for work. The big numbers to watch are unemployment, consumer spending (including housing numbers) and inflation.

Like the experts and I have always said: consumers drive the market.

The stock market is not the primary US market barometer because the stock market reacts to the market drivers and to worldwide events.

How did the stock market react to job and unemployment numbers on Friday?

Good luck in your research.

STILL STEADY WINNING.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » October 5, 2019, 7:01 pm

Mosquito wrote:
October 5, 2019, 9:04 am
Udon Map wrote:
October 5, 2019, 7:33 am
Mosquito wrote:
Hey, UDMap keep up.....you skipped a step.

My previous post was on "A survey from CNS News shows that 75% believe Trump is more likely to be re-elected than impeached." Not the Rasmussen polling.

Now, I'm wondering how hard it would be to convince people how skewed the CNS sample / poll was??
I was unaware that CNS did any polling itself, and have been unable to find same. Would you provide a link, please?

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » October 5, 2019, 7:24 pm

Info on CNS survey/polling came from Lone Star's posted, "A survey from CNS News shows that 75% believe Trump is more likely to be re-elected than impeached."

Should of been obvious, as I responded / commented to his post.

Do I really seem like someone who would read warped news from CNS??

Oh, check and the sequence of my posts and logic behind them are pretty clear. No twists or modified facts.
Guess that's not true, did add a few twists....but they were clearly my opinion and not posted as fact.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » October 6, 2019, 3:27 am

Mosquito wrote:
October 5, 2019, 7:24 pm
Info on CNS survey/polling came from Lone Star's posted, "A survey from CNS News shows that 75% believe Trump is more likely to be re-elected than impeached."
You're right; I completely missed that. My apologies.
Lone Star wrote:
October 4, 2019, 7:39 am
A survey from CNS News shows that 75% believe Trump is more likely to be re-elected than impeached.
Lone Star, I didn't think that CNS did polling. Can you post a link or cite, please?

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » October 6, 2019, 4:48 am

Udon Map wrote:
October 6, 2019, 3:27 am
Mosquito wrote:
October 5, 2019, 7:24 pm
You're right; I completely missed that. My apologies.
Lone Star wrote:
October 4, 2019, 7:39 am
A survey from CNS News shows that 75% believe Trump is more likely to be re-elected than impeached.
Lone Star, I didn't think that CNS did polling. Can you post a link or cite, please?
Definition of Polling in Politics. A benchmark poll is generally the first poll taken in a campaign. It is often taken before a candidate announces their bid for office but sometimes it happens immediately following that announcement after they have had some opportunity to raise funds. This is generally a short and simple survey of likely voters.

Polling/Survey, basically the same thing.

So, now believe you initially posted from the link or site where the information came from.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » October 6, 2019, 6:39 am

Udon Map wrote:
I didn't think that CNS did polling. Can you post a link or cite, please?
Can't locate it. That post contained several news stories, and I don't keep them on file.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » October 6, 2019, 6:40 am

Farmers still support Trump, and the numbers have risen!

The Farm Journal Pulse Poll showed that Trump's approval rating among farmers jumped 5 points to 76% approval. However, the biggest jump of all was a 12 point increase in the "strongly approve" category, which is now at 55%.

Two weeks ago, China announced that they had imported tons of soybeans and pork from the US. The renegotiated trade deal with Japan has also helped farmers.

STEADY WINNING.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » October 6, 2019, 7:11 am

The campaign ads are coming fast and furiously for Trump this time around. Trump didn't have the campaign organization last time, but there is no shortage of money this go-round to go with the record of success.

Democrats MUST impeach because they've admitted that if they don't, Trump might win again.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » October 6, 2019, 9:52 am

"Trump dumps Ukraine call on Rick Perry"

Dump and Run!!! Not Me, it was Rick, he made me do it

"Not a lot of people know this, but I didn't even want to make the call. The only reason I made the call was because Rick asked me to. Something about an LNG [liquified natural gas] plant," Trump said, according to the recollection of one source who spoke to Axiosand was affirmed by two others."

He hasnt learnt how to become a Leader by any means.
A LEADER " Be responsible. Leaders step up to the bar without being asked. Be willing to take justifiable risks before you ask others to take the risk. A leader should be ready to shoulder the blame for mistakes and defer the credit for victories to others."

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » October 6, 2019, 11:12 am

Lone Star wrote:
October 6, 2019, 6:39 am
Udon Map wrote:
I didn't think that CNS did polling. Can you post a link or cite, please?
Can't locate it. That post contained several news stories, and I don't keep them on file.
UDMap, if you're just trying to confirm the info.....I did checkout the CNS website (at the time) to verify Lone Star's post, and CNS did have it..........along with other interesting (more like entertaining) news stories.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » October 6, 2019, 1:48 pm

Legal immigrant and US Army service member, Ben Okereke.

“Thank you. Thank you, Mr. President. Thank you, Mr. Vice President. And thank you, Charlie Kirk.

"First of all, Mr. President, we would like to thank you for everything that you’ve done for the African American community so far. We thank you for criminal justice reform. We thank you for the lowest black unemployment rate in this country, sir.

“And finally, most importantly, sir, thank you for saving America and thank you.

“Finally, sir, thank you for taking down the fake news media, sir.

“Finally, we want you to build a wall, sir,” Okereke concluded. “Frankly, because we don’t oppose immigration, but we oppose — but we oppose illegal immigration. So we want you to come to this country legally, if you’re going to come to this country.”

That damn racist Trump.

STEADY WINNING.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » October 6, 2019, 7:23 pm

Lone Star wrote:
October 6, 2019, 1:48 pm
Legal immigrant and US Army service member, Ben Okereke.

“Thank you. Thank you, Mr. President. Thank you, Mr. Vice President. And thank you, Charlie Kirk.

"First of all, Mr. President, we would like to thank you for everything that you’ve done for the African American community so far. We thank you for criminal justice reform. We thank you for the lowest black unemployment rate in this country, sir.

“And finally, most importantly, sir, thank you for saving America and thank you.

“Finally, sir, thank you for taking down the fake news media, sir.

“Finally, we want you to build a wall, sir,” Okereke concluded. “Frankly, because we don’t oppose immigration, but we oppose — but we oppose illegal immigration. So we want you to come to this country legally, if you’re going to come to this country.”

That damn racist Trump.
I don't really have an opinion on whether or not he's a racist. I attribute most of the racist things he has said to stupidity and insensitivity.

However, Mr. Okereke is just one opinion, just one data point in a dataset of hundreds, if not more. Hardly proves that he's not racist. Mr. Okereke is one person, who, by using the precise language of President Trump, at least raises the question of whether or not he was coached on what to say. For example, I have my doubts about whether he knew before he arrived at the White House that the black unemployment rate is historically low.

However, as I said, I really do not have an opinion on whether or not the President is racist. But, really, this is just one data point. It proves nothing.

Return to “U.S. Politics”