U.S. Politics

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » August 21, 2019, 2:27 pm

Doodoo wrote:
August 21, 2019, 12:46 pm
OR Donny should go after The Falklands or British Virgin Islands both could be bought I am sure for a song and dance and the real catch is that there are no Jews there, therefore no Democrats to contend with.
I wonder how Henry Kissinger would react to your statement.
In 1968 there was a total population of 60,000 in the Virgin Islands, which included about 100 Jewish families. The Hebrew Congregatino became a national monument in 1997 and was restored in 1999.
google.ca

The Jewish population of the Falklands is around 0.1%.
http://www.humantruth.info/falkland_islands.html

Perhaps a little research is in order prior to making outlandish statements.

You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » August 21, 2019, 3:47 pm

"Perhaps a little research is in order prior to making outlandish statements."
You are correct
Wikipedia shows 2010 one (1) in the Falklands and British Virgin Island 2010 eleven (11)

"I wonder how Henry Kissinger would react to your statement."
What would you expect from Henry?

As for the outlandish (bizarre) part I dont find it as bizarre as a World Leader with bigger issues on his plate, Mounting deficit, people going on about gun legislation, an up and coming election, North Korea and Who Flung Dung, China and mounting Tariffs, keeping up with all the untruths he has told ( I wont us Bullsh-t) one being Windmills cause cancer etc that Donny Boy What Can I do Next wanting to buy Greenland???
This one of the most recorded and notable WORLD Leaders and he is crackers, outlandish, bizarre, over the top, nutty as a fruitcake.......

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 21, 2019, 6:47 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
August 21, 2019, 2:27 pm
. . .
Perhaps a little research is in order prior to making outlandish statements.
You're trying to provide helpful advice to someone who makes their living on this forum making outlandish, irresponsible, uninformed statements.

To add to the outlandish ignorance, never mind that Trump's daughter and son-in-law are Jewish and have brought Jewish children into the world -- Trump's Jewish grandchildren. Oh, and by the way, the daughter and son-in-law were registered politically as Independent and Democrat respectively.

The outlandishness doesn't stop there. He then goes on a bizarre tirade pointing at Trump, all the while never owning his own irresponsible statements. In denial. Deflecting. Research "How narcissists deflect and blame others for their own shortcomings."

It's one thing to be stung by truth every now and then. After all, we're fallible and human. We all occasionally make a mistake; but the repeated self-inflicted stings have got to be life-threatening for some people who always feel the need "to say something." Anything. Just "to say something."
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » August 21, 2019, 8:57 pm

You are correct "

At least I had the nerve to say I was wrong for my statement
Whereas you have never once said so

Continue on with your rants and from time to timeyour imperfections of your statements (The more you post the more you are responsible for to remember what and when you said it, remind you of someone???)

Remember I couldnt give a .......... especially from certain contributor

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » August 22, 2019, 6:21 am

U.S. created 500,000 fewer jobs since 2018 than previously reported, new figures show. The average 223,000 monthly increase in employment in 2018 — the strongest in three years — could be trimmed to 180,000 to 185,000, economists estimate.
MarketWatch
Jeffry Bartash
MarketWatchAugust 22, 2019

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 22, 2019, 6:33 am

Trump speaks on a wide range of topics before departing.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 22, 2019, 6:41 am

You are correct "

At least I had the nerve to say I was wrong for my statement
Whereas you have never once said so
You had the nerve? I think the word you need there is 'courage', not 'nerve'.

Your quote marks are all over the place. The post is at least 40% incoherent. And based on your posting history, how could anyone take you seriously?

Your posts are consistently incoherent. A headline, a sentence or two, a name, some weak, silly analogy. Your construction is so disorganized that it appears that you're posting in stream of consciousness. You don't have to be a literary scholar, but you should at least strive to be understood; and that includes the reader knowing when you're sincere and when you're not. BUT you repeatedly post that you don't care. Do you sincerely not care, or do you sincerely care?

You expect all this lavish praise for
You are correct "
after the way you've been characterzing yourself? Stop being the guy who always feels the need "to say something." Anything. Just "to say something" even if it's ridiculous.

And lastly, you repeatedly claim that you don't read my posts. Then you say that I've never admitted that I was wrong. You've put yourself in another difficult place with those two contrasting statements. It can't be both. Anyway, you're wrong again:

correction.jpg

I not only apologized, but provided the correct information.

It's up to you to change you and change perceptions that people have about you. If you don't care enough to do that, then be willing to realize that you may never be taken seriously.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 22, 2019, 6:50 am

Lowe's and Target reported strong RETAIL earnings, which caused another market surge. Their earnings indicated that consumer confidence and consumer spending is still high.

Target beats expectations easily, and their shares surged more than 20% to a record. Lowe's shares jumped 10.4%.

Tom Martin, senior portfolio manager at Globalt:
"We're in the camp that there is strength in the broad-based consumer. It's underpinned by low inflation, decent wages and jobs growth."
Walmart made liars out of the recession parade last week. It was Target's and Lowe's turn this week to show that Main Street is still very strong.

STILL WINNING.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 22, 2019, 7:02 am

Brian Cornell, CEO at Target, was interviewed by CNBC; and he pointed to their retail sales as proof that the US consumer is still strong and buying. He also admitted that some consumers may fear a recession because of all the media talk of one looming.

Brian Cornell:
“Consumer confidence remains strong, there’s been a reduction in fuel prices which we think is important for consumers, unemployment remains low and wages are growing. We see a stable and healthy consumer environment visiting our stores and [web]site more often.”
The SEC requires truthful business reports. Target would be jeopardizing their legal standing if their numbers were falsified.

STILL WINNING.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 22, 2019, 7:34 am

boycott israel.jpg

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 22, 2019, 7:36 am

father gun free.jpg

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » August 22, 2019, 12:52 pm

Trump: "I'm the chosen one". :shock:

What a moron. And what a moron on cancelling his visit to Denmark. He's very sensitive for a politician.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » August 22, 2019, 12:54 pm

You seem to hang on his every move -- and movement. If you sent him a nice letter, maybe he'd allow you to be a groupie or join his fan club.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » August 22, 2019, 1:17 pm

GT93 wrote:
August 22, 2019, 12:52 pm
Trump: "I'm the chosen one". :shock:

What a moron. And what a moron on cancelling his visit to Denmark. He's very sensitive for a politician.
A 'SNOWFLAKE', is the word that comes to mind.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » August 22, 2019, 4:28 pm

the media went wild with Trump's offer to "buy" Greenland. Zero investigation into why Trump went down this road.. Could it be the Chinese are pushing aggressively for mining rights in Greenland and trying to bring in their own workers? https://www.forbes.com/sites/timtreadgo ... 0c314e3f3c
Dave

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 22, 2019, 5:22 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:
August 22, 2019, 4:28 pm
the media went wild with Trump's offer to "buy" Greenland. Zero investigation into why Trump went down this road.. Could it be the Chinese are pushing aggressively for mining rights in Greenland and trying to bring in their own workers? https://www.forbes.com/sites/timtreadgo ... 0c314e3f3c
Yep.

Saw several reports about China's interest in Greenland. It would be very stratetic geographically and militarily.

The cheerleaders always jump on things too quickly before all the facts are revealed.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 22, 2019, 5:44 pm

Shock poll from Rasmussen this week.

Americans polled believe that Trump is likely to be re-elected in 2020. The poll is up 17% from February's poll, which was at 46%. Today, 63% believe Trump won't be moving back to NY.

Rasmussen:
“The president’s job approval rating has also remained stable throughout the year. Despite that stability, the number who believe it’s likely that the president will be re-elected has grown every month.”
February - 46%
March - 50%
April - 54%
May - 57%
June - no data
July - 60%

Another poll oddity that shows Trump winning.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 22, 2019, 8:19 pm

And here we had been lead to believe:
Presidential polls on a national level are worthless because presidents are elected through the states and the Electoral College. A national poll reflects a national vote, which is not used.
So that is obviously wrong then. :-k

What a shock. :shock:

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 22, 2019, 8:57 pm

And here we had been lead to believe:
Presidential polls on a national level are worthless because presidents are elected through the states and the Electoral College. A national poll reflects a national vote, which is not used.
So that is obviously wrong then. :-k

What a shock. :shock:
Except for one very important fact. This wasn't a voting poll asking for a preferred candidate. This was a poll asking if "Trump is likely to be re-elected in 2020" without any regard to an opposing candidate.

Secondly, it's an oddity for ANY poll to show Trump above water no matter what the polling question. The poll quoted reflected something shocking: a positive result for Trump -- and I stated such. Not everyone believes as I believe about national POTUS polls, so I share the polls. I posted this poll for the reasons stated. I'll continue to share them for those reasons.

I know you keep up with everything I post, so I know you've seen my shock and the oddity of a positive Trump poll before. Don't clutch those pearls too tightly.

Thirdly, voting polls for POTUS on a national level ARE worthless.

I continue to stand by my statement.

"Presidential polls on a national level are worthless because presidents are elected through the states and the Electoral College. A national poll reflects a national vote, which is not used."

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 22, 2019, 9:23 pm

Another market driver pointing to NO RECESSION.

The labor market was unshaken by stock market volatility from last week.

US Department of Labor reports that jobless claims fell 12,000 to 209,000. Experts prediced that there would be 216,000 jobless claims.

STILL WINNING.

Return to “U.S. Politics”