U.S. Politics

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Re: Will Trump make the Grade.

Post by Lone Star » August 9, 2018, 7:27 am

Trump's Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, which was passed along party lines with no Democrats voting for Americans to keep more of what they earn, has provided 90% of working Americans with more money every month. Companies of all sizes have provided bonuses and raises to employees and begun expanding to offer more jobs and services.

In the State of Washington alone, there has been a huge impact.

Alaska Air Group in Seattle gave $1,000 bonuses for 23,000 employees.

Avista Corporation Utilities in Spokane is passing on their savings from the tax reform to their customers in millions of dollars in annual savings.

First Financial Northwest in Renton provided $1,000 bonuses to all 138 non-executive employees regardless of their role or tenure with the company.

HomeStreet, Inc. of Seattle increased their base wage to $15 per hour. They are the parent company of HomeStreet Bank with 111 branches in 7 US states.

Puget Sound Energy Inc. of Bellevue is passing on utility savings to its customers, which total over $100 million just in 2018.

AT&T of Washington State provided $1,000 bonuses for 3,890 of their state employees and will have a $1 billion increase in capital outlay projects. There will also be $1,000 bonuses for all 200,000 AT&T employees.

Inland Northwest Bank of Spokane increased their base wage to $15 an hour and provided $500 bonuses to all employees.

Peoples Bank of Bellingham increased their base wage to $15 per hour and increased their employee 401(k) match by 1 point to 8%.

Starbucks Coffee Company with HQ in Seattle and 757 store locations in Washington provided $500 stock grants for all Starbucks retail employees, $2,000 stock grants for store managers, and varying plant and support center employee stock grants, totaling more than $100 million in stock grants. Over 8,000 new retail jobs and 500 new manufacturing jobs were added. There is also an additional wage increase in 2018 that will increase by $120 million along with increased sick time benefits and family leave.

Washington Federal of Seattle provided a 5% wage increase in addition to annual merit increases.

Premera Blue Cross of Mountlake provided $1,500 bonuses for 2,600 employees.

Home Depot with 45 locations in Washington provided bonuses for all hourly employees, up to $1,000.

Lowe's with 5,000 employees at 36 locations provided bonuses of up to $1,000 for 260,000 employees. Benefits and family leave were expanded.

Best Buy with 28 locations provided $1,000 and $500 bonuses.

Comcast provided $1,000 bonuses and a $50 billion investment in infrastructure nationwide.

U-Haul provided $1,200 and $500 bonuses.

FedEx Corporation provided over $200 million in increased compensation, another $1.5 billion toward pensions.

Waste Management Inc. provided $2,000 bonuses to all employees throughout North America.

McDonald’s, with over 300 locations in the state, increased tuition investments which will provide educational program access for 400,000 US employees. This program by McDonald's provides college tuition assistance.

Wells Fargo, with over 130 locations in Washington, raised the base wage to $15 per hour, made $400 million in charitable donations in 2018 and pledged $100 million increase in capital investment.

These are just some of the benefits received by American Workers in Washington due to the tax cuts.

STEADY WINNING.

AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » August 9, 2018, 7:28 am

Kinda like Trump.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 9, 2018, 7:30 am

joudon wrote:
August 9, 2018, 7:16 am
Personal insults are usually thrown by people when there logical arguments have failed.
Yes, but that's why I promote free speech. So we can separate the wheat from the chaff. It's also why I don't read or respond to foolishness.

For anyone, and there are at least 5 or 6 on this forum, to spend as much time as they do with childish one-liners and personal attacks makes them OFFICIAL FANS. :) They even post about me in threads that don't even have anything to do with me. Children.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 9, 2018, 7:53 am

The same hate that we read about that occurs in the US with Trump supporters being attacked, plays out here. The same calls to silence me are what we see the LIBs trying to do in the US.

Anyone can easily see that all the personal attacks are thrown at Trump (and me) without any effort by the other side to contest Trump's policies or programs. It's just Hate Trump and come after me. It doesn't bother me a bit, but it makes me wonder why they feel that they have to try to torment me over my view. 55555

I don't read their posts for that reason. I'm not interested in discussing them personally or attacking them in kind. My posts are a response to the OP who asked the question if Trump will make the grade. I provide evidence that he is making the grade.

I post what I am FOR -- even when I disagree with someone. I can always articulate my position and provide a view of something that I think, and I can tell anyone why I disagree -- without attacking them personally. The other side hates it because I won't engage them in their childish behavior.

They can't refute any of the good that Trump has done. They just Hate Trump. I really don't understand why they keep coming back into a thread to post the same one-line childishness, but it's a reflection on them, not me.

colt1911
udonmap.com

Post by colt1911 » August 9, 2018, 2:39 pm

I for one like to read your posts LoneStar. You include various sources to support your position. In fact you have provided me with new sources that I now read regularly. It is obvious who the small minded people are on here. Those who resort to name calling, insults and never have sources to back up there argument. So keep on posting the truth about Trump and America winning!!

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » August 9, 2018, 3:23 pm

colt1911 wrote:
August 9, 2018, 2:39 pm
So keep on posting your opinions about Trump and America winning!!
;)

tinpeeba
udonmap.com

Post by tinpeeba » August 9, 2018, 6:42 pm

Trump's best and worst business decisions. his actual record from the 70s until then present:

https://www.lovemoney.com/gallerylist/7 ... -decisions

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » August 9, 2018, 6:45 pm

There are other people who share Lone Star's opinions. I have given up attempting to debate haters and whiners. They are struggling to came up with any meaningful information and simply rely on hateful insults.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 9, 2018, 7:24 pm

Just as I suspected. Facts matter.

According to the NY Times election results in 2016 in the 12th District in Ohio, there were 251,000 votes cast for the Republican candidate for Congress and 112,000 votes cast for the Democrat candidate.

*** In the SPECIAL ELECTION in 2018 ***

- 90% of the Democrat vote from 2016 showed up. The Democrat O'Connor got 99,000 votes.

- Only 40% of the Republican vote from 2016 showed up. The Republican Balderson got 101,000 votes.

If just half of the 2016 Republican voters turn out in November in that DOMINANT Republican district, it should be an easy win. The Democrat candidate O'Connor is going to have to win over a LOT of Republicans to have a chance to win. Is it possible? Of course, but not probable.

If a Republican can win with only 40% Republican turnout, that tells me all I need to know about that district. :)

Like I said. Low voter turnout in a special election was the reason for the narrow win.

1% WIN is STILL A WIN. :)

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 9, 2018, 7:32 pm

glalt wrote:
August 9, 2018, 6:45 pm
There are other people who share Lone Star's opinions. I have given up attempting to debate haters and whiners. They are struggling to came up with any meaningful information and simply rely on hateful insults.
Yes, glalt, I know there are readers who don't post, but contact me in other ways. Appreciate your comments.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » August 9, 2018, 8:05 pm

Lone Star wrote:
August 9, 2018, 7:32 pm
glalt wrote:
August 9, 2018, 6:45 pm
Yes, glalt, I know there are readers who don't post, but contact me in other ways. Appreciate your comments.
Hi LS
I do not have to agree with your views, but I do not want to see this site become Son of Thai Visa. Personal insults are easy when you sit behind a keyboard. Face to face would be far better and quicker. Most of us on this board live in LOS and only have a say on our homelands politics through boredom. Why fall out about it.

That said, J Corbyn is a traitorist, Marxist, IRA loving fool and how, he, can represent HR Majesties official opposition party is beyond belief. America, what were you DOING only giving the PEOPLE a choice between H. Clinton and D. Trump.
Rant over, time for a beer. :D

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 10, 2018, 6:34 am

AlexO wrote:
August 9, 2018, 8:05 pm

Hi LS
I do not have to agree with your views, but I do not want to see this site become Son of Thai Visa. Personal insults are easy when you sit behind a keyboard. Face to face would be far better and quicker. Most of us on this board live in LOS and only have a say on our homelands politics through boredom. Why fall out about it.

That said, J Corbyn is a traitorist, Marxist, IRA loving fool and how, he, can represent HR Majesties official opposition party is beyond belief. America, what were you DOING only giving the PEOPLE a choice between H. Clinton and D. Trump.
Rant over, time for a beer. :D
As it should be, AlexO.

Yes, the personal insults are easy when someone sits behind the safety of their keyboard.

A beer sounds good. Image

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 10, 2018, 6:35 am

colt1911 wrote:
August 9, 2018, 2:39 pm
I for one like to read your posts LoneStar. You include various sources to support your position. In fact you have provided me with new sources that I now read regularly. It is obvious who the small minded people are on here. Those who resort to name calling, insults and never have sources to back up there argument. So keep on posting the truth about Trump and America winning!!
I appreciate your emails and the links that you provide.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 10, 2018, 6:37 am

Trump's Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, which was passed along party lines with no Democrats voting for Americans to keep more of what they earn, has provided 90% of working Americans with more money every month. Companies of all sizes have provided bonuses and raises to employees and begun expanding to offer more jobs and services.

In the State of Oregon alone, there has been a huge impact.

FireBird Bronze is a small company with only nine employees, but they are using the tax cuts to upgrade equipment, hire more people, build a new facility and offer health insurance for the first time to their employees.

Eagle Telephone System, Inc. & Eagle Valley Communications is providing $1,000 bonuses to their 19 employees.

Pacific Power in Portland is passing utility savings on to their customers.

Rocky Mountain Power in Portland is passing utility savings on to their customers.

Avista Corporation is a utility corporation that will pass savings on to their customers in the range of $50-$60 million annually.

Miles Fiberglass in Oregon City is hiring more employees, increasing wages by 9%, implementing profit-sharing.

Umpqua Holdings Corporation in Portland increased the base wage to $15.25 an hour and provided $1,000 bonuses for over 15,000 non-executive employees. They also paid $3.2 million in employee profit-sharing and contributed $2 million to the Umpqua Bank Charitable Foundation as a result of the tax bill.

AT&T provided $1,000 bonuses to 637 Oregon employees.

Apple provided $2,500 employee bonuses, $30 billion in additional capital expenditures and hiring 20,000 new employees.

Walmart has 43 locations in Oregon. They provided bonuses, wage increases, expanded family leave.

Home Depot has 37 locations in Oregon. They provided bonuses for all hourly wage employees.

Lowe's has 14 stores and 2,000 employees in Oregon. They provided bonuses of up to $1,000.

Starbucks Coffee Company has 359 locations in Oregon and provided the same bonuses afforded to all their employees in every state.

Bank of America has 50 branch locations in Oregon. They provided $1,000 bonuses.

Wells Fargo has 95 locations in Oregon. The base wage was raised to $15 an hour.

STEADY WINNING.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » August 10, 2018, 8:27 am

Lone Star wrote:
August 9, 2018, 7:24 pm
1% WIN is STILL A WIN. :)
Not quite yet.

As of 12 hours ago, there were 3,435 provisional ballots not yet counted. And there are 1,564 votes separating the two candidates.

And here's some analysis from the NYTimes:
  • This is an ominous sign for Republicans: The highest-income and best-educated elements of the electorate — those deeply uneasy with President Trump — are showing the most interest in voting. Defending a few dozen districts that are either more heavily urban or feature a similar demographic mix as Ohio’s 12th District, Republicans will need to find a way to win back suburbanites or better galvanize rural voters. If they do not, their House majority will slip away.
However, it continued:
  • The activist wing of the Democratic Party mobilized for several of the night’s biggest races, trying to replicate the insurgent victory of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez in New York earlier this summer — and for the most part falling short.
From my perspective, both the Dems and Republicans have great challenges ahead of them this year. The Republicans have to realize how weak their position really is. If they think that they're going to waltz to victory on the strength of President Trump's coattails, they're deceiving themselves.

The Democrats don't get that explaining to the electorate that they're all wrong and don't understand what the "correct" positions are is a non-starter. That's what got Trump elected in the first place. Dems cannot win if their platform is based on Trump-is-a-jerk. They need actual, substantive ideas for addressing the problems that the country faces. AFAICT, the Dems, and specifically party leaders, don't get this at all.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » August 10, 2018, 8:57 am

In the State of Oregon alone, there has been a huge impact.
"Apple provided $2,500 employee bonuses, $30 billion in additional capital expenditures and hiring 20,000 new employees."

"Apple (Apple store locations in Chandler, Gilbert, Glendale, Phoenix, Scottsdale, Tucson ) -- Arizona-based Apple employees received $2,500 bonuses in the form of restricted stock units.
FAKE NEWS :^o restricted stock units :lol:
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 10, 2018, 9:14 am

It is being reported that Trump's stars in Hollywood have multiplied overnight. There are now several dozen Trump stars on the Walk of Fame.

Yes, it's true. :)

NOT Photoshopped. There are dozens now.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » August 10, 2018, 9:41 am

Lone Star wrote:
August 10, 2018, 9:14 am
It is being reported that Trump's FAKE stars in Hollywood have multiplied overnight. There are now several dozen Trump stars on the Walk of Fame.

Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 10, 2018, 11:02 am

Lone Star wrote:
August 10, 2018, 9:14 am
It is being reported that Trump's stars in Hollywood have multiplied overnight. There are now several dozen Trump stars on the Walk of Fame.

I think the phrase comes from 'Top Gun' but I see that as a target-rich environment.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 10, 2018, 12:21 pm

Yes, Winning is Winning. Even 1%. Even 0.5%.

Return to “U.S. Politics”