U.S. Politics

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by Lone Star » September 9, 2019, 7:23 am

CNN's Christine Romans was actually touting the strength of the US economy on "New Day."

Admittedly, it is at a slower pace as the entire world economy has slowed, but the US still has near-historic lows in unemployment and historic highs in labor participation rates.

And the most important point is that the US currently has the strongest economy in the world.

Romans:
"Take a look at the jobless rate, 3.7%. This remains near a historic generational low. More than 500,000 people entered the labor market, so these months and months of decent job numbers are encouraging people to come back in. That is an important sign of success in the labor market right now. Business information services, big job gains there, again, health care, these have been driving parts of the economy really, health care and business information systems.”
Main Street STEADY WINNING.

AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » September 9, 2019, 7:31 am

That damn racist Trump!

Black unemployment and the gap between white and black unemployment reached RECORD LOWS in August.

Black American unemployment dropped from 6% to 5.5%.

For decades, the ratio of black to white unemployment has usually been double for Black Americans. In the past, as unemployment numbers fell, that gap remained. That gap has narrowed from 200% to 185% in 2018 to now under 162%.

The remarkable thing about this gap reduction is that it is usually reduced in bad times -- when EVERYONE is losing jobs. This record-setting pace is occurring when everyone is GAINING EMPLOYMENT.

That damn racist Trump.

Main Street STILL STEADY DAMN WINNING.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » September 9, 2019, 7:49 am

An unexpected consequence of the trade logjam between the US and China is that other countries operating in China have been hurt by the tariffs and are moving back home -- or at least, away from China.

This trend of "reshoring" is happening mostly with Japanese and Taiwanese companies in the machinery and electronics sectors.

The countries that have been the greatest beneficiaries of these moves has been in Asia, with Vietnam, Taiwan and Thailand leading the way. Mexico is the leading beneficiary outside of Asia.

At least 3 dozen Taiwan companies are in the process of reshoring out of China. The Taiwan government is helping to facilitate these moves with "Invest Taiwan" initiatives for companies coming home.

According to reports, Taiwan and US companies make up more than half of all the companies relocating or planning to relocate production from China. The same reports showed that electronics, apparel, shoes and bags and other electrical equipment were the largest sectors moving out of China.

All of this puts China in a weaker negotiating position.

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » September 9, 2019, 8:35 am

Doodoo wrote:
September 8, 2019, 3:58 pm
How could we trust a person who has lied or misled people in statements that there was a Secret Meeting to begin with???
Or is it a smoke screen being played?

"Alright fellas How about we tell them I was going to do something , BIG, but it never happened They will never know the difference and I will look good once again."
I suppose you're gunna tell us Trumped bribed the Taliban to say this;

Zabihullah Mujahid, a Taliban spokesman, criticised Mr Trump for calling off the dialogue

You sore losers never stop!

Gunna be funny when he wins again next year =D>

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » September 9, 2019, 8:43 am

mickojak wrote:
September 9, 2019, 8:35 am
Doodoo wrote:
September 8, 2019, 3:58 pm
How could we trust a person who has lied or misled people in statements that there was a Secret Meeting to begin with???
Or is it a smoke screen being played?

"Alright fellas How about we tell them I was going to do something , BIG, but it never happened They will never know the difference and I will look good once again."
I suppose you're gunna tell us Trumped bribed the Taliban to say this;

Zabihullah Mujahid, a Taliban spokesman, criticised Mr Trump for calling off the dialogue

You sore losers never stop!

Gunna be funny when he wins again next year =D>
Excellent point, mickojak.

You're dealing with someone here -- the Head Cheerleader -- who will make up a story that's negative if he can't find a negative headline to copy and paste. I've come to the conclusion that it must be a sickness to be so emotionally invested in hate for one person and one country.

Trump cancelled the meeting because the Taliban took responsibility for a terror attack that took the life of a US military member in Afghanistan. All of this occurring when the Taliban claimed to be acting in good faith for peace in the country. Oh well ...

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » September 9, 2019, 8:50 am

Yeah,
Trump certainly is different, but he's passionate about his country.

What other sort of leader would you want?

I don't get these clowns!
Mick

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » September 9, 2019, 9:00 am

"Gunna be funny when he wins again next year"

Hope he does win again that will give us and Jimmy Kimmel, Conan, Seth Meyers etc another 4 years of entertainment

But he could run out of material as the first months of his Presidency have been hell.

But to keep going he could,
maybe he can build a tunnel next say USA to Canada, no already have one, so, Alaska so Americans can bypass British Columbia. OR buy say North Korea as he likes the Fat One there (this would delete the need for talks regarding Nukes as Trump would own them) OR there are so many possibilities

Again hope he does win for sure

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » September 9, 2019, 9:05 am

Hope he does win again that will give us and Jimmy Kimmel, Conan, Seth Meyers etc another 4 years of entertainment

But he could run out of material as the first months of his Presidency have been hell.

But to keep going he could,
maybe he can build a tunnel next say USA to Canada, no already have one, so, Alaska so Americans can bypass British Columbia. OR buy say North Korea as he likes the Fat One there (this would delete the need for talks regarding Nukes as Trump would own them) OR there are so many possibilities

Again hope he does win for sure
Another immature response rooted in stupidity. Always feeling a need "to say something." Anything. Just "to say something" even if it's ridiculous.

I know. You don't care.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » September 9, 2019, 9:47 am

Marty Davis, the CEO of Cambria, recounts his company's efforts to survive with tariffs vs China.

"You cannot have free trade with a dictatorship that is harvesting the prosperity of an American Democracy."

Davis calls out the politicians and Wall Street globalists who created the China problem that has more than decimated Main Street.

Watch for 9 minutes and learn.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 9, 2019, 10:00 am

Anthony "The Mooch" Scaramucci - remember him?

He was the obnoxious New York loud-mouth who lasted 11 days as Communications Director inside Trump's totally dysfunctional administration.

Anyway, he does appear to have some valuable insight:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-09-09/ ... s/11490828
............ the most powerful man in the world was an "orange fat blob" with the "self-esteem of a pigeon" and warned Australia it would be difficult to maintain its current close relationship with the White House.

He said the President's insistence Hurricane Dorian was heading for Alabama (despite the words of his own scientists) was proof of a frail ego.

"Again, it's his inability to ever be wrong about anything or ever to apologise for anything, It basically has to do with very low self-esteem," he said.......
And the bit that I believe is particularly telling, and right on the money:
"He is tearing at the racial and social fabric of society and so whatever good is happening on the policy side, and many of those business policies I agree with, you're tearing and you're ripping apart the social fabric of the society," he said.

"The United States can survive a recession.........

"But we've had 12 of them since 1901 and we've survived everyone of them.

"That's sort of like a bone break, but a tearing or a destroying of the fabric of the American experiment, that's a metastatic cancer."
=D> =D> =D>

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » September 9, 2019, 10:08 am

jackspratt wrote:
September 9, 2019, 10:00 am
"He is tearing at the racial and social fabric of society
I don't know if this is true or not.
I would like to see some examples of policies and/or statements to quantify this.
Mick

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » September 9, 2019, 10:17 am

mickojak wrote:
September 9, 2019, 10:08 am
jackspratt wrote:
September 9, 2019, 10:00 am
"He is tearing at the racial and social fabric of society
I don't know if this is true or not.
I would like to see some examples of policies and/or statements to quantify this.
Mick
You're correct, mickojak.

Trump's policies and programs have helped ALL Americans and some have even helped minorities MORE than other Americans. Many are outlined in detail in this thread.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » September 9, 2019, 10:19 am

Anthony Scaramucci
The GET TRUMP MOB now embraces him.

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

A week before Scaramucci decided he hated Trump, he was working with DJT, Jr. to raise more money for Trump's re-election. What??? Yes. True.

Scaramucci is the white male Omarosa. Remember her? She had all those tapes of Trump using racist language. Never happened.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » September 9, 2019, 11:05 am

Lone Star wrote:
September 9, 2019, 10:19 am
Anthony Scaramucci
The GET TRUMP MOB now embraces him.

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

A week before Scaramucci decided he hated Trump, he was working with DJT, Jr. to raise more money for Trump's re-election. What??? Yes. True.

Scaramucci is the white male Omarosa. Remember her? She had all those tapes of Trump using racist language. Never happened.
I liked Scaramucci, as a person, when he was for Trump, he calls it how he sees it, no BS, and I like him now.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » September 9, 2019, 12:30 pm

"Always feeling a need "to say something." Anything. Just "to say something" even if it's ridiculous."

Examples would be of what the Golden Boy comes up with
1) Lets Buy Greenland
2) When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.
3) "Give me the Sharpie I will show where it will go"
4) "My fingers are long and beautiful, as it has been well documented, are various other parts of my body."
5) ""He's not a war hero. He's a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren't captured." (About John McCain.)
6)" Sorry losers and haters, but my IQ is one of the highest and you all know it! Please don't feel so stupid or insecure. It's not your fault."
7) Canada costs the U.S. too much
8) On African-Americans and Jews:
“Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are little short guys that wear yarmulkes every day.”
9) “Remember, new ‘environmentally friendly’ lightbulbs can cause cancer. Be careful: the idiots who came up with this stuff don’t care.”
10) “One of the key problems today is that politics is such a disgrace, good people don’t go into government.”

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » September 9, 2019, 9:10 pm

GET TRUMP!!!

Don't worry he is doing a great job all by himself

"Trump slams 'boring' John Legend, 'filthy-mouthed' Chrissy Teigen"

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » September 10, 2019, 9:11 am

Democrats forging ahead with impeachment without being able to legally forge ahead with impeachment. How is that you ask?

Unless there is a vote in the full House to begin the impeachment proceedings, their subpoenas and other requests carry no weight with the law. In full impeachment proceedings, the violations must be specifically outlined. Neither has occurred. Democrats in the House are just continuing this drumbeat up until the election fully knowledgeable of the fact that they have nothing.

The Judiciary Committee's plan to vote on a resolution this week does not qualify as full blown impeachment proceedings. It's a charade intended to fool the public and a long-shot hope that some court somewhere may give them some concessions before it is challenged and shut down by SCOTUS.

In other words, it's a non starter.

The House Judiciary Committee is trying to use their resolution to begin an impeachment hearing that the full House hasn't authorized. Democrats are doing what they always attempt to do when they don't get their way -- try to change the rules to suit their agenda. Democrats are not unified behind impeachment. About half of Democrats are not in favor of it. They need 218 votes. Only about 130 are in favor.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » September 10, 2019, 9:13 am

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » September 10, 2019, 9:56 am

Lifestyle
The CIA Reportedly Pulled Its Top Spy from Russia Because Trump Can't Keep His Mouth Shut"
CNN "The disclosure to the Russians by the President, though not about the Russian spy specifically, prompted intelligence officials to renew earlier discussions about the potential risk of exposure, according to the source directly involved in the matter. At the time, then-CIA Director Mike Pompeo told other senior Trump administration officials that too much information was coming out regarding the covert source, known as an asset. An extraction, or "exfiltration" as such an operation is referred to by intelligence officials, is an extraordinary remedy when US intelligence believes an asset is in immediate danger."
"When asked for comment, CIA director of public affairs Brittany Bramell told the network, "CNN's narrative that the Central Intelligence Agency makes life-or-death decisions based on anything other than objective analysis and sound collection is simply false. Misguided speculation that the President's handling of our nation's most sensitive intelligence—which he has access to each and every day—drove an alleged exfiltration operation is inaccurate." A White House representative said, "CNN's reporting is not only incorrect, it has the potential to put lives in danger," while a spokesperson for Mike Pompeo, who was in charge of the CIA at the time, declined to comment.

Ata boy Donny!!!!!

We don't have to worry about others going after Donny he is doing and will continue to do a great job.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » September 10, 2019, 10:17 am

Being a Politician is a GREAT job for those that tell only half of the truths (and get caught)
"African Americans jobs were at their lowest in the history of the country"

Here is why "The unemployment rate for black Americans fell sharply to 5.5% in August, hitting its lowest level since record-keeping began in 1972. But the drop was driven primarily by a negative development: Fewer African-Americans were either working or seeking jobs.
The government counts people as unemployed only if they are actively looking for a job. When fewer people seek jobs, the unemployment rate often declines.

" lowest in the history of the country" That would imply that unemployment rates for African Americans has been monitored since 1776? No, only since 1970's

Return to “U.S. Politics”