U.S. Politics

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by Khun Paul » August 14, 2022, 11:44 am

Judging by the rhetoric emanating from the GOP consisting of lies, falsehoods, political retribution of Government Agencies and war-mongering, one has to ask , is the world watching a major implosion of the US of A with Civil entities stirring the Hot pot and will it descend into a Civil War, not the as before but certainly very damaging and why one asks oneself ?
In my book it is the slavish adherence to a moronic man who lied, cheated and managed to convince people he is a good man, when underneath it all he was plotting the downfall of the very country that sustained him throughout his life of lies and law breaking.
Well done you really intelligent Americans , scored a Home Goal on this and you all seem unable to sort it out ......Karma comes home to roost it seems. Sad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » August 14, 2022, 1:09 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
August 14, 2022, 11:44 am
In my book it is the slavish adherence to a moronic man who lied, cheated and managed to convince people he is a good man, when underneath it all he was plotting the downfall of the very country that sustained him throughout his life of lies and law breaking.
He hasn't been plotting the downfall of the U.S. He doesn't care enough about the country, lacks the intelligence and historical knowledge base, and simply isn't capable of putting a scheme like that together, let alone pulling it off. No, the only thing he cares about is self-aggrandizement. To him, everything else is irrelevant.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » August 14, 2022, 1:33 pm

Trump has been and is a giant sized a-hole. Egotistical, constant B.S.er who lives a Reality TV Star Life. "You're Fired!" is his forever catch phrase whether in the Apprentice, his business empire or as President.. He is not well read, perhaps he's a lifetime dyslexic. He attacks on a regular basis even his most slavish supporters (thhat's you Lindsay Graham). How anyone could thing the man personifies anything positive is beyond me and I'm conservative leaning, retired military.. Oh, by the way, I think Joe Biden is also a political bucket of nonsense... the US media loves to drive reality news, that being, conflict, derision, personal attacks and a litany of what could be, might be, possibly based on anonymous sources.. Geez, we're screwed..
Dave

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » August 14, 2022, 3:43 pm

For once I see that the last two posters are 100 % correct, the BIG problem is how to get Mr and Mrs America ( or whatever gender they like to call themselves these days ) understand the current divisive nature of things and start voting in Intelligent people rather than lickspittles to a flawed and obvious failing scenario

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 14, 2022, 6:26 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
August 14, 2022, 3:43 pm
For once I see that the last two posters are 100 % correct, the BIG problem is how to get Mr and Mrs America ( or whatever gender they like to call themselves these days ) understand the current divisive nature of things and start voting in Intelligent people rather than lickspittles to a flawed and obvious failing scenario
Gender dysphoria and lickspittles... Brilliant.

When you have a moment, can you drop by the U.K. Politics reach around and shoot some of your hard-earned but notionally misplaced political nous on that jambo? We'll hold a chair open for you. It's gone a bit cold since Alex flounced.

Ta
tam
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 14, 2022, 7:31 pm

FMD, I am more impressed - overwhelmed in fact - that he has bothered to spend a couple of minutes checking and correcting the grammar of his last couple of posts. Long may it last.

I have no comment on the content. :D

Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Post by Potamoi » August 15, 2022, 4:39 am

Khun Paul wrote:
July 30, 2022, 1:19 pm
he managed to brainwash and manipulate so many that some are still in denial NOT really wanting to admit they are stupid or ignorant, which after listening to so many , they are stupid and ignorant.
Khun Paul wrote:
August 2, 2022, 7:07 am
You are of course assuming they are capable of individual thought !!
Khun Paul wrote:
Well done you really intelligent Americans , scored a Home Goal on this and you all seem unable to sort it out ......Karma comes home to roost it seems. Sad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Khun Paul wrote:
Meh, before KP receives the Pulitzer Prize here for his works...

Just wondering how many years KP spent in the US studying the complexities of the US political system, behaviour of actual people with face-to-face interviews and what is talked about around the water cooler. With such a deep understanding of of all things Sepo, he must have spent several years in each state or region observing, interacting and discussing each facet of American life. I mean talk about total immersion, I don't know how he ever found the time to commute from the UK and hold down a public servant career and still absorb the vast cultural nuances across another continent.

I spent a mere 7 of my adult years living full time in North America, another 10 on a part time basis and could never imagine to have this level of understanding of the education, intelligence, attitudes, values, hopes and dreams of a population nearly 5 times, in an area about 40 times and GDP 7.7 times that of the U.K. I suppose I could simply watch the BBC news on telly and read The Guardian with a web browser but that couldn't possibly bring my perception and understanding of that population anywhere near that of KP.

I am awestruck at the abilities of some of our UM posters to conger up such a concise yet comprehensive opinion of matters thousands of miles away from their homeland and do so with the unlimited level of angst toward people they have never met.

I reckon these forums are a good way for people to express opinions about local and international matters but I also think with just a little bit of restraint or some introspective self control and cunning we can do so without taking arrogant, insolent, childish pot shots at entire groups of people that we don't understand. I'm not saying be politically correct whatsoever, but perhaps showing a little respect would make the posts look less like the lazy, boring, tedious, predictable, Yank-bashing diatribes that I so often see.

Now that I am fully awake I'll have that coffee.
I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt
Maurice Switzer *(assumed)

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » August 15, 2022, 7:10 am

Thankyou for your comments, I was honed by an American Uncle who was well versed in the ways of the American political system, plus I read extensively .They are of course just opinions of what I see and read.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » August 15, 2022, 8:43 am

"I am awestruck at the abilities of some of our UM posters to conger up such a concise yet comprehensive opinion of matters thousands of miles away from their homeland and do so with the unlimited level of angst toward people they have never met."

I learned pretty much everything I know about the British Royal family from The Crown on Netflix. I realize it's just TV, but it seems to paint a more accurate picture than many fairy tale stories about the same family. hush hush

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » August 15, 2022, 10:47 am

Potamoi wrote:
August 15, 2022, 4:39 am
Khun Paul wrote:
he managed to brainwash and manipulate so many that some are still in denial NOT really wanting to admit they are stupid or ignorant, which after listening to so many , they are stupid and ignorant.
Khun Paul wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:

Just wondering how many years KP spent in the US studying the complexities of the US political system, behaviour of actual people with face-to-face interviews and what is talked about around the water cooler. With such a deep understanding of of all things Sepo, he must have spent several years in each state or region observing, interacting and discussing each facet of American life. I mean talk about total immersion, I don't know how he ever found the time to commute from the UK and hold down a public servant career and still absorb the vast cultural nuances across another continent.

I spent a mere 7 of my adult years living full time in North America, another 10 on a part time basis and could never imagine to have this level of understanding of the education, intelligence, attitudes, values, hopes and dreams of a population nearly 5 times, in an area about 40 times and GDP 7.7 times that of the U.K. I suppose I could simply watch the BBC news on telly and read The Guardian with a web browser but that couldn't possibly bring my perception and understanding of that population anywhere near that of KP.

I am awestruck at the abilities of some of our UM posters to conger up such a concise yet comprehensive opinion of matters thousands of miles away from their homeland and do so with the unlimited level of angst toward people they have never met.

I reckon these forums are a good way for people to express opinions about local and international matters but I also think with just a little bit of restraint or some introspective self control and cunning we can do so without taking arrogant, insolent, childish pot shots at entire groups of people that we don't understand. I'm not saying be politically correct whatsoever, but perhaps showing a little respect would make the posts look less like the lazy, boring, tedious, predictable, Yank-bashing diatribes that I so often see.

On this basis of reasoning, no archeologist who had not lived in Ancient Egypt should have any opinion on the civilization.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 15, 2022, 10:58 am

To think I've spent more of my adult years in the US than potamoi who was born there?

Furthermore, I can count the adult years spent in my own homeland on one hand.

Accordingly, I'm going to reign in my public statements on life in the UK, their politics, including the SNP, on this forum and defer to those with a higher home mileage. *

Great (caffeine-free) perspective there, thanks potamoi. 'Pulitzer' LOL.

* No I'm not.
Last edited by tamada on August 15, 2022, 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 15, 2022, 11:00 am

Whistler wrote:
August 15, 2022, 10:47 am
Potamoi wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:

On this basis of reasoning, no archeologist who had not lived in Ancient Egypt should have any opinion on the civilization.
Come on man. KP may be a bit if an old buzzard but he isn't THAT old.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 15, 2022, 11:57 am

tamada wrote:
August 15, 2022, 10:58 am

* No I'm not.
* rein

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » August 15, 2022, 3:31 pm

Not sure how old he is, but if he was doing boom boom with Nefrititi......
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » August 16, 2022, 1:16 pm

tamada wrote:
August 15, 2022, 11:00 am
Whistler wrote:
August 15, 2022, 10:47 am
Potamoi wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:

Come on man. KP may be a bit if an old buzzard but he isn't THAT old.
Thankyou for that .......haha

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » August 17, 2022, 10:48 am

Rep. Liz Cheney was rejected by Wyoming voters in her own party Tuesday night.
"I have said I will do whatever it takes to ensure that Donald Trump is never anywhere near the Oval Office."
Coming from Dick Cheney's daughter, that's rich.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » August 17, 2022, 10:51 am

mak wrote:
August 17, 2022, 10:48 am
Rep. Liz Cheney was rejected by Wyoming voters in her own party Tuesday night.
"I have said I will do whatever it takes to ensure that Donald Trump is never anywhere near the Oval Office."
Coming from Dick Cheney's daughter, that's rich.
At least she stands by her principles instead of sucking up to a Moron with egotistical tendencies and with dubious credentials .S hame MORE American Politicians stood up for their Voters instead of their own pockets .

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » August 18, 2022, 9:16 am

NOW we have a Florida Court denying a 16 year old permission to obtain an Abortion as they deem she is NOT MATURE enough to make a sensible decision.....................EXCUSE ME, NOt Mature enough , have they lost their marbles, thank-you SUPREME Court for Overturning ROE V Wade, I home the Local Government in โlorida will pay ALL expenses relating to this baby having basically denied someone something........Reminds me of NAZI Germany ion the late 1930's

NOTE : -
The full reasons have not been disclosed but more than is being told i expect !!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 19, 2022, 12:10 pm

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » September 4, 2022, 10:59 am

"Whoever controls the teleprompter is the real President!"

https://twitter.com/greg_price11/status ... oes-this-1

Return to “U.S. Politics”