Post by Kenr6583 » November 7, 2019, 2:52 am

Sorry Tamada, silly spell check.

Udon Map
Admin

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by Udon Map » November 7, 2019, 8:35 am

TJ wrote:
November 5, 2019, 11:25 am
Some may be interested in what the Demonrats are doing regarding the impeachment process.

"The Unfair Impeachment Process

I’ve been a prosecutor....

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3791477/posts
Ignorant, uninformed nonsense.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » November 7, 2019, 8:58 am

The bottom line is that the democrats are wasting time and money by concentrating on a lost cause rather than doing the job they were elected to do. If this lost cause ever makes it out of the House, it is doomed in the Senate.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 7, 2019, 10:50 am

glalt wrote:
November 7, 2019, 8:58 am
The bottom line is that the democrats are wasting time and money by concentrating on a lost cause rather than doing the job they were elected to do. If this lost cause ever makes it out of the House, it is doomed in the Senate.
Not defending the Democrats here, but Mitch has quite a few bills sitting in the Senate that he refuses to bring to the floor. If Trump's impeachment inquiry is a waste of time, then so were Nixon's and Clinton's. But I don't believe any of these are/were a waste of time because all of these individuals should be/have been held accountable for their misconduct, because there is some serious obstruction going on in this case.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » November 7, 2019, 11:24 am

glalt wrote:
November 7, 2019, 8:58 am
This IS part of the job they were elected to do. They were given this job by the Founding Fathers in the Constitution.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » November 7, 2019, 12:37 pm

If Moscow Mitch and his colleagues won't impeach Trump for this fiasco with Ukraine, is Trump essentially unimpeachable no matter how he conducts himself? I fear that may be so.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » November 7, 2019, 3:30 pm

How can people still blindly support Mr. Dump? It is very CLEAR TO SEE that he is only interested in what benefits him personally. This childish narcissistic spoiled brat has disgraced himself (and the office he holds) hundreds of times.

But in particular he has betrayed the United States by withholding critical congressionally-approved funds for Ukraine which are needed to put up a defense against Russia which as we speak is waging a war in Eastern part of that country.

These are not his funds but the taxpayers funds and Dump doesn't get to condition the release of this type of funding for his personal political gain? The facts are already out there but Dump is still banking on ****** voters to not comprehend or care. After all, Mr. Dump stated (in true Dump fashion) that he could "stand in the middle of 5th avenue and shoot somebody and not lose any voters!"

Was he talking about you Trumptards?

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » November 7, 2019, 4:27 pm

Why are the yank tax payer's paying money to fund another country's fight against Russia ? its nothing to do with Americans, stop poking your noses into another Country's problem its not yours save your cash for your own problems.

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » November 7, 2019, 6:50 pm

GT93 wrote:
November 7, 2019, 12:37 pm
If Moscow Mitch and his colleagues won't impeach Trump for this fiasco with Ukraine, is Trump essentially unimpeachable no matter how he conducts himself? I fear that may be so.
First, just to clarify, the Senate does not impeach, the House does, the Senate convicts of High Crimes and Misdemeanors.
Second, hopefully, the ultimate "Impeachment" will come from the voters next election.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » November 7, 2019, 10:52 pm

Taken from NBC news;

Congress derives the authority from the Constitution. The term "impeachment" is commonly used to mean removing someone from office, but it actually refers only to the filing of formal charges. If the House impeaches, the Senate then holds a trial on those charges to decide whether the officer — a president or any other federal official — should be removed and barred from holding federal office in the future.

This tells me that the senate has the final word.This entire farce is a waste of time and money.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » November 8, 2019, 1:15 am

Thanks for the clarification. It seems to me that it isn't just Trump going on trial. The US Senate and Constitution itself are also on trial. The system at this stage looks hopelessly broken.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 8, 2019, 1:18 am

glalt wrote:
November 7, 2019, 10:52 pm
Taken from NBC news;

Congress derives the authority from the Constitution. The term "impeachment" is commonly used to mean removing someone from office, but it actually refers only to the filing of formal charges. If the House impeaches, the Senate then holds a trial on those charges to decide whether the officer — a president or any other federal official — should be removed and barred from holding federal office in the future.

This tells me that the senate has the final word.This entire farce is a waste of time and money.
LOL. So in your opinion, every POTUS should be free to do whatever they want without any oversight or accountability. That is not only illogical, but irresponsible. That is just another form of a dictatorship.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » November 8, 2019, 8:33 am

Those are your words, not my words. You are free to spin it anyway you choose.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » November 8, 2019, 8:57 am

How many presidents have there been impeached ?
How many presidents have been removed office by impeachment ?

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 8, 2019, 9:05 am

glalt wrote:
November 8, 2019, 8:33 am
Those are your words, not my words. You are free to spin it anyway you choose.
I don't feel that I am spinning anything. Your words are that it is a waste of time and money because the majority Senate has already made up its mind, evidence be damned, and just let the POTUS have free reign to do as he pleases. That is not the way the system works and is not the way a Democracy should work.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 8, 2019, 9:10 am

noosard wrote:
November 8, 2019, 8:57 am
How many presidents have there been impeached ?
How many presidents have been removed office by impeachment ?
4 have faced impeachment inquires.
2 have been formally impeached.
0 have been removed from office.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 8, 2019, 9:18 am

So I guess the million $ dollar question(s) is/are, when does enough become enough? How far does any POTUS have do go until party lines are crossed and the POTUS is held accountable for their actions? Where is the line drawn? Is there even a line? Is the position of POTUS truly untouchable?

dudscar46
udonmap.com

Post by dudscar46 » November 8, 2019, 9:27 am

With Trump it seems that he does whatever he wants but on the other hand he’s just had to pay out of his pocket $2 million plus fine for using he’s foundation as his own bank account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 8, 2019, 10:02 am

dudscar46 wrote:
November 8, 2019, 9:27 am
With Trump it seems that he does whatever he wants but on the other hand he’s just had to pay out of his pocket $2 million plus fine for using he’s foundation as his own bank account.

Yes, I read about that earlier. Claimed before, just as he did with Trump University, that he would never settle. But I don't think he had to pay a fine if I read correctly. The NY AG was seeking $2.8 million, but the judge settled it for $2 million. His corruption has no boundaries. The sad truth about this is if this were either you or I, we'd be in pinstripes right now.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 8, 2019, 11:49 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
November 8, 2019, 10:02 am
dudscar46 wrote:
November 8, 2019, 9:27 am

Yes, I read about that earlier. Claimed before, just as he did with Trump University, that he would never settle. But I don't think he had to pay a fine if I read correctly. The NY AG was seeking $2.8 million, but the judge settled it for $2 million. His corruption has no boundaries. The sad truth about this is if this were either you or I, we'd be in pinstripes right now.
I stand corrected, the $2 million was the fine, I misunderstood and thought that was the amount raised at the "charity event".

Return to “U.S. Politics”