U.S. Politics

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by Mosquito » August 4, 2022, 8:30 am

Not a big or even little fan of Nancy, do like that she called China's bluff.......vice backing down from the usual threats.

She's not a great speaker, not a strong leader and in my opinion one of the more corrupt Dems.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » August 4, 2022, 8:44 am

Khun Paul wrote:
August 3, 2022, 3:19 pm
tamada wrote:
August 3, 2022, 7:58 am
Republicans...the "we love our vets" party.

Senate passes bill to aid veterans exposed to toxic burn pits after Republicans had stalled measure for days.

The military generated enormous amounts of waste in Afghanistan and Iraq and then burned it, releasing plumes of dangerous chemicals. Veterans groups have pressed for years to designate certain ailments as presumptively linked to those pits, automatically triggering federal benefits. The GOP’s initial blockage prompted veterans, military family members and advocates including comedian Jon Stewart to protest on the Capitol steps. The bill now heads to President Biden, who has called the measure a top priority.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... -pressure/
Probably the thought of all those VETS voting Democrat scarred them more ......hahaha
Veterans and seniors are possibly the two most cohesive, and, as a result, powerful, voting blocks in the U.S.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 4, 2022, 1:24 pm

jackspratt wrote:
August 3, 2022, 4:57 pm
Probably a smart move - wouldn't want to do anything to upset China. 8)
So she artfully avoids China's farcical nine-dash-line and the blighters STILL spit the dummy?!

I reckon it's time for Ronald Reagan (the ship).
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » August 4, 2022, 3:21 pm

Now that the results of the Kansas election are in, I'll be interested to see how Republicans who side with extremist MAGA policies that attack women’s rights might change their message.......hopefully, it's too late for them to do so. Hershel Walker, the wizard of Mehmet Oz, Marco Rubio, J.D. Vamce. among a few of those whose voices are probably going to change in the coming weeks.

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » August 4, 2022, 5:52 pm

I believe the "Burn Pit" legislation just passed by congress will also cover Vietnam vets exposed to Agent Orange and other herbicides. It will add Hypertension to the list of presumptive ailments associated with exposure to Agent Orange and will cover vets who were stationed in Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and I believe Guam. What remains to be seen now is will the new legislation allow Vietnam era vets stationed in Thailand, Laos, Cambodia & Guam be able to claim from the entire list of presumptive ailments or just Hypertension.
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » August 6, 2022, 5:36 am

Hopefully the next VP (small steps), definitely future President.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rr4JFSjm4s

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 6, 2022, 9:35 am

Mosquito wrote:
August 6, 2022, 5:36 am

In the UK, the parties like to parachute their heir presumptive candidates for political office into "safe" constituencies where they will ultimately be a shoe-in. Places where they already have huge majorities and a legacy of being dull, inoffensive and parochial. Do you think Pete will ever prevail in Texas? Does the US political layer cake accommodate relocation to a more favourable ecosystem? I think gerrymandering of voting districts is a common manipulation in America. I was wondering if there's opportunities for those running for public office in the US to make hay while the sun shines somewhere else?
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » August 6, 2022, 4:35 pm

tamada wrote:
August 6, 2022, 9:35 am
Mosquito wrote:

In the UK, the parties like to parachute their heir presumptive candidates for political office into "safe" constituencies where they will ultimately be a shoe-in. Places where they already have huge majorities and a legacy of being dull, inoffensive and parochial. Do you think Pete will ever prevail in Texas? Does the US political layer cake accommodate relocation to a more favourable ecosystem? I think gerrymandering of voting districts is a common manipulation in America. I was wondering if there's opportunities for those running for public office in the US to make hay while the sun shines somewhere else?

"Do you think Pete will ever prevail in Texas?" Are you trying to make a point? Doubt any Dem would prevail in the 2024 presidential election in Texas.

Though, there's a slim chance Texas will have a Dem for governor next year.

Where's Pete's concerned, I can hope!!!!

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » August 8, 2022, 1:20 am

https://youtu.be/obpqJ3hleAA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 8, 2022, 2:36 am

Mosquito wrote:
August 6, 2022, 4:35 pm
tamada wrote:
August 6, 2022, 9:35 am
Mosquito wrote:

"Do you think Pete will ever prevail in Texas?" Are you trying to make a point? Doubt any Dem would prevail in the 2024 presidential election in Texas.

Though, there's a slim chance Texas will have a Dem for governor next year.

Where's Pete's concerned, I can hope!!!!
Isn't Tejas indicative of the US national malaise? It's where the cities and 'burbs are mostly solid blue whereas the endless swathes of pancake-flat nothingness are solid red.

Good luck on overturning the enduring lunacy of Abbott in the big house in Austin. I think he's after Rick Perry's record for squatting while reviled.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » August 8, 2022, 2:47 am

BREAKING: The US Senate has passed the Inflation Reduction Act, the largest climate bill in history and containing historic measures to lower prescription drug costs. *********Every Republican voted against it.*********

https://youtu.be/umLhd5BP5q4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mF6eOG9ZRm8
Liked that she called Lindsey Graham a liar.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 8, 2022, 4:56 am

Mosquito wrote:
August 8, 2022, 2:47 am
BREAKING: The US Senate has passed the Inflation Reduction Act, the largest climate bill in history and containing historic measures to lower prescription drug costs. *********Every Republican voted against it.*********

Yeah, but now we know what Kamala is only good for.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » August 8, 2022, 7:10 am

tamada wrote:
August 8, 2022, 4:56 am
Mosquito wrote:
August 8, 2022, 2:47 am

Yeah, but now we know what Kamala is only good for.

Yup, finally some sign of life from Kamala. She's just blah (for the lack of a better word).

Just read this...
https://www.democrats.senate.gov/imo/me ... ummary.pdf

No Congressional Bill is close to perfect, but I like this one.
-reduces medical care/drug prices.
-taxes billion dollar companies at 15% minimum.
-combats national threat that climate change poses to America.
-catching wealthy tax cheats.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » August 8, 2022, 3:03 pm

But they had to have their say over some Insulin Prices, shows that the Republicans are just there fro themselves and NEVER, I repeat NEVER the Public who voted for them

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » August 8, 2022, 9:40 pm

Congrats on nailing the large multinationals on the 15% tax. The rorts all over the world to protect profits from a fair tax must end and these companies must pay a fair tax.

Another gripe I had about Trump is he protected these corporate cowboys to the extent that he promised to retaliate against any country that tried to tax them.

A win for fairness
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 8, 2022, 11:28 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
August 8, 2022, 3:03 pm
But they had to have their say over some Insulin Prices, shows that the Republicans are just there fro themselves and NEVER, I repeat NEVER the Public who voted for them
True in the context of this thread's subject matter but "special interests" aren't unique to the Republicans or American politics.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » August 9, 2022, 9:07 am

What never ceases to amaze me however and I am sure it is not just confined to the USA, but how can so many be so gullible and continue to support the openly. selfish self serving and narcissistic Politicians who them claims to support their home Voters but still continues to support crazy notions and ideas and happily talk about them on the Internet and at Rallies showing just how bloody stupid and ignorant they are`.

Is the Mr and Mrs average Voter that stupid ??

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » August 9, 2022, 2:59 pm

Seems like a wealth of good news of late.......major bills passed, Kansas votes down abortion restrictions, Mar-a-Lago, Alex Jones admits he made mistakes, Ayman al-Zawahiri and Ashli Babbitt out of the picture, gas prices (US) dropping, Guy Reffitt going to jail for a few years, Hr3967 Pact Act finally passed, US votes + for Sweden and Finland joining NATO, and Republicans vote down on bill lowering insulin costs and Indiana lawmakers vote for abortion ban. I can see positive effects on those last two with mid-term elections coming up.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » August 13, 2022, 9:43 am

major bills passed? Like the Inflation Reduction Act a 790 billion "investment" (in reality spending our tax dollars) that the CBO says will have minimal impact on inflation? Will Biden seize the moment now and deliver on his promise of student loan forgiveness in tens if not hundreds of billions of dollars? Did you notice in the news that the Federal government is regularly taking in record revenues? Yet Congress gives drunken sailors a bad name when it comes to fiscal responsibility leaving deficits and the staggering national debt pretty much ignored.
Dave

Return to “U.S. Politics”