U.S. Politics

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Re: Will Trump make the Grade.

Post by newtovillagelife » July 26, 2018, 10:11 am

Food Standards!! are you serious, how about water standards. How many Americans are drinking lead laced water. But who cares about that, as long as a buck can be made. Winning!!!!

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Re: Trump addresses EU trade deficit

Post by newtovillagelife » July 26, 2018, 10:14 am

A con man is happy with the perception of a win!!! Junker is just appeasing him.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 26, 2018, 10:14 am

European food standards are going to be adopted into British law even after Brexit, therefore the import of chlorinated chicken which is currently banned under European law will continue to be so whether the US farmers consider it a trade barrier or not. You have to remember, the profit margins in Europe are not as small as those in the US which allows producers to spend more money on animal welfare which in turn decreases the need for things like chlorination.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 26, 2018, 10:16 am

Ah newtovillagelife the prime American basher, didn’t take long for you to pipe up, your constant bad mouthing of Americans and anything American is getting EXTEMELY boring.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » July 26, 2018, 10:22 am

So is your pumping!!!!

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » July 26, 2018, 10:30 am

Enough time has passed since the very beginning of the bilateral trade talks with trading partners worldwide for the EU to gather evidence of the claimed "poor standards" of goods and produce exported by the US. This evidence could have been put on display for the entire world to see and provided justification for the EU to REJECT any agreement to trade concessions. If that evidence exists, why not blast Trump on the world stage and maintain a trade advantage?

But they didn't do that.

The EU has agreed to work toward exactly what Trump proposed at the G8 and NATO summits -- no tariffs, no barriers, no subsidies -- totally free and fair trade.

As has been stated so many times, purchases are made by individual consumers -- either people or companies. Those parties in the EU won't be forced to purchase an inferior or dangerous product. That's foolish to even insinuate such. The agreement only addresses tariffs, barriers and subsidies.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » July 26, 2018, 10:35 am

vincemunday wrote:
July 26, 2018, 10:16 am
Ah newtovillagelife the prime American basher, didn’t take long for you to pipe up, your constant bad mouthing of Americans and anything American is getting EXTEMELY boring.
I'm guessing another typical one-line spew with nothing to back it up. Image

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » July 26, 2018, 10:40 am

vincemunday wrote:
July 26, 2018, 9:49 am
Heaven knows, by the sound of it he rarely knows what he’s saying after a few bottles of Beychevelle at lunch time, the man’s an alcoholic and shouldn’t be in the position he’s in but of course he’s unelected and can’t be tossed out by a vote.
I haven't "followed" Juncker as closely as you, vm. Don't even pretend to know other than that video I posted the other day of him stumbling around in mid day. If he's as bad as you say, any misstep in these trade negotiations with the added negative of being 10 sheets in the wind, could affect the EU in a very bad way. If intoxicated and not acting with authority or playing some kind of bait & switch with Trump, he will regret it.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » July 26, 2018, 10:41 am

I can say in one line, what you take paragraphs to do.

skinner
udonmap.com

Post by skinner » July 26, 2018, 10:52 am

vincemunday wrote:
July 26, 2018, 9:46 am
Nonsense comment, why would we import anything from the US that doesn’t conform to OUR food standards? A free trade agreement doesn’t mean you agree to import dangerous products, if it did our kids would be swallowing all sorts from Chinese imports.
https://inews.co.uk/news/uk/shoppers-ma ... e-deal-us/

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 26, 2018, 10:58 am

May, might, could.... all common words used in project fear mk2, the law is the law, even our kow towing MP's would allow such a change .

skinner
udonmap.com

Post by skinner » July 26, 2018, 11:25 am

vincemunday wrote:
July 26, 2018, 10:58 am
May, might, could.... all common words used in project fear mk2, the law is the law, even our kow towing MP's would allow such a change .
What the f**k has American lobbying for lower dairy standards AFTER BREXIT , got to do with project fear ?
They are lobbyists , that is what they do . THEY LOBBY FOR AND AGAINST THINGS . In this case the lowering of standards as PART OF A TRADE DEAL .
What the uk govt calls standards , Trump calls trade barriers. YOU may feel America and all things American are great, but don't be so sure that the rest of the population agrees with you.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 26, 2018, 11:33 am

Lone Star wrote:
July 26, 2018, 10:40 am
vincemunday wrote:
July 26, 2018, 9:49 am
Heaven knows, by the sound of it he rarely knows what he’s saying after a few bottles of Beychevelle at lunch time, the man’s an alcoholic and shouldn’t be in the position he’s in but of course he’s unelected and can’t be tossed out by a vote.
I haven't "followed" Juncker as closely as you, vm. Don't even pretend to know other than that video I posted the other day of him stumbling around in mid day. If he's as bad as you say, any misstep in these trade negotiations with the added negative of being 10 sheets in the wind, could affect the EU in a very bad way. If intoxicated and not acting with authority or playing some kind of bait & switch with Trump, he will regret it.
Does it really matter if Trump made an agreement with Juncker or if Juncker was even sober? Given that this agreement is following hot on the heels of the much trumpeted but exceedingly thin on substance 'historical agreements' made in Helsinki with Putin and Singapore with KJU I mean?

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Re: Will Trump make the Grade

Post by vincemunday » July 26, 2018, 12:00 pm

The article you quoted clearly states that your dire predictions will happen post Brexit and it’s most definitely written to put the jitters up anyone who votes leave, I’m not sure you understand what project fear means, it most definitely isn’t a group of lobbyists, in any case, the fact remains, THE EU RULES AND REGULATIONS WILL BE WRITTEN INTO ENGLISH LAW and cannot be easily changed, not even for President Trump and his farmers, do you think we would run on two sets of regulations, one for the EU and one for the US, can you imagine the nightmare regulating that and the cost involved? We will run on the laws we already have in place and we will not accept the crap your article suggests. Just to cement my view here is a quote from Mr Gove the environment secretary he said that Britain is “not going to dilute our high food-safety standards or our high environmental standards in pursuit of any trade deal”, but I guess he doesn’t know what he’s talkIng about eh?

skinner
udonmap.com

Post by skinner » July 26, 2018, 12:40 pm

You keep mentioning project fear . This is f**k all to do with that . This is the American food lobbyists trying to gain access to UK markets after brexit. Our food standards are what Trump and those who support him call a trade barrier, and they want to lower those standards as part of any free trade deal'
Mr Gove is a politician , in case you didn't know they are all full of sh*t, and talk plenty of it . Many of them( politicians) probably share your love of America and Trump and will happily bend over and take it.
Many British people do not feel as you do .

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » July 26, 2018, 1:02 pm

Oh yes here we go again... with the NON-TARIFF TRADE BARRIERS.....back in the early 70"s, if my memory serves me well, NIXON, a FREE TRADER had recommended that the Japanese Language be declared a NON-TARIFF BARRIER....
History repeat itself..... they all live by the << WHAT is GOOD for the US is good for the World >> slogan...

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » July 26, 2018, 1:51 pm

skinner
udonmap.com

Post by skinner » July 26, 2018, 2:15 pm

Oh look , its FOX (SO CALLED ) NEWS again. But Lone star doesn't watch TV !!

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 26, 2018, 3:47 pm

Skinner, I've a feeling that an explanation of why I mention project fear and your article would be wasted so I shan't bother, your argument that Gove is full of sh*t doesn't hold water, how can you possibly think that your opinion is more valid than what the man responsible for the dept in government says? Yes you're right about one thing, not all Brits are pro American, yourself included apparently.

skinner
udonmap.com

Post by skinner » July 26, 2018, 4:14 pm

My opinion is that the American food lobby and Trump call our food standards a trade barrier . True ?
My opinion is that all politicians are untrustworthy and change their positions to suit themselves. True ?
Trump wants to remove trade barriers for the benefit of American business . True ?
And it is very clear that you think America and Trump are great. Whatever they do .

Return to “U.S. Politics”