U.S. Politics

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by Doodoo » August 16, 2019, 9:13 am

HEAH WHERE IS MY MONEY.
"Americans are working harder these days, but it’s not paying off like it used to.

In the first three months of 2019, employees got so much more work done that they smashed productivity forecasts.

Labor productivity in the non-farm business sector (the biggest part of the US economy) grew 2.4 percent compared to the same period last year, according to new estimates from the US Department of Labor.

That’s the highest jump in nearly a decade, and is slightly above the average quarterly growth rate for most of the post-World War II period. Under a different measure, which compares annual growth to the previous quarter, productivity grew 3.6 percent, the highest in at least four years.

Business investment in technology is certainly making workers more efficient, but that doesn’t explain such a jump in productivity at a time when capital spending growth is falling.

What these numbers do tell us: Engineers, bartenders, supermarket cashiers, and other private sector employees are working harder than they have in the past few years. While productivity fluctuates each quarter, no matter how you measure it, it has been steadily rising overall since 2016.

That’s great for businesses (they earn more money), and for the economy (GDP grows faster). The problem is that companies aren’t rewarding their employees for the extra hard work."

OH OH Time to head for the Hills those CEO's

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 16, 2019, 12:27 pm

Doodoo wrote:
August 16, 2019, 9:13 am
HEAH WHERE IS MY MONEY.
"Americans are working harder these days, but it’s not paying off like it used to.

That’s great for businesses (they earn more money), and for the economy (GDP grows faster). The problem is that companies aren’t rewarding their employees for the extra hard work."

OH OH Time to head for the Hills those CEO's
It's not called 'smash and grab' for nothing.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 16, 2019, 1:33 pm

Trump delivers remarks before leaving for his political rally in New Hampshire.

Trump talks the economy, China, Israel barring the Harpies, tariffs, trade with China, trade with the UK, relationship with BoJo, gun controls on mentally ill people, and the rally in New Hampshire.

For those who may have not noticed, there are no longer any daily press briefings at the White House. Trump talks to the third graders himself, which has stopped the media-driven circus that was taking place every day in front of the cameras.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 16, 2019, 1:35 pm

Oh my!

Zogby Analytics Poll - Trump Approval
Latinos - 49%
Black Americans - 28%

If these numbers hold up when it's time to vote in 2020, Democrats have no chance.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 16, 2019, 2:05 pm

Wages, wages, wages!

Don't let the doom & gloomers fool you. There has been a huge jump in disposable income and employee compensation.

The Bureau of Economic Analysis released data that shows that disposable personal incomes have risen 2.9% in 2017, 4.0% in 2018, and is on pace to rise more than 3% in 2019. That translates into a 10% rise in disposable income over three years, which easily outpaces inflation.

The data regarding compensation -- PAY and SALARIES -- was equally positive and beneficial to US workers.

Compensation
2017 - +4.5% (upward adjustment by $4.4 Billion)
2018 - +5.0% (upward adjustment by $87.1 Billion)
2019 - +3.4% through July - $378 Billion

Wages and salaries were revised upward to 5.3% from 3.6% in May 2019 year-over-year.

Corporate profits declined 2.9% in 1Q of 2019, but wages continued to grow at an annual rate of 10.1%

Wall Street Journal:
“The personal savings rate was revised upward to 8.1% from 6.1% in May, which is much higher than the roughly 5% before the last two recessions.”
The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that while management level workers have had wage growth of 7.5%, all other workers (almost all noncollege grads) have seen their wages grow by almost 10%.

The 99% are drawing great wage benefits from the current US economy!

STILL WINNING.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » August 16, 2019, 2:41 pm

Lone Star wrote:
August 16, 2019, 1:35 pm

Oh my!

Zogby Analytics Poll - Trump Approval
Latinos - 49%
Black Americans - 28%

If these numbers hold up when it's time to vote in 2020, Democrats have no chance.
As usual, the devil's in the details. Dig down into the details a little, maybe look at a different poll, and you get a very different picture. Let's take, oh, I don't know, the Fox News poll of August 14th, just two days ago.

" Do you approve or disapprove of the job Donald Trump is doing as president?"
● Black Americans: 10% approve, 86% disapprove
● Men: 47% approve, 53% disapprove
● In fact, the only demographics where Trump's approval exceeds his disapproval are whites (50% approve, 49% disapprove) and white men (54% approve, 46% disapprove).
● And, significantly, for the entire survey, 43% approve, and 56% disapprove.

Then there's this question:

"How satisfied are you with the way things are going in the country today -- are you very satisfied, somewhat satisfied, not very satisfied or not at all satisfied?"
● Overall, 40% are satisfied, 59% are not.

"In general, do you think imposing tariffs or fees on products imported from other countries helps the U.S. economy,
hurts the economy, or doesn't make much of a difference either way?"
● 29% says it helps, 46% say it hurts

"Do you think Donald Trump is drawing the country together or tearing the country apart?"
● 31% say he is drawing the country together, 59% say he is tearing it apart.

"Which of the following best describes how you feel about President Trump's tweeting?"
● 16% approve, 31% "wish he'd be more cautious", and 51% disapprove

"Do you approve or disapprove of how President Trump responded to recent mass shootings?"
● 37% approve, 52% disapprove

"Do you think the Trump administration has made the country safer or less safe from a mass shooting by an American
citizen, or has it not made much difference either way?"
● 15% say safer, 46% say less safe, and 36% say no difference

There are more, but it's really just more of the same. There are a couple of issues on which people favor Trump's position, but only a couple. The original information as published by Fox News is available for download below.

190814 Fox News Poll.pdf
(681.55 KiB) Downloaded 76 times

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 16, 2019, 3:01 pm

Udon Map wrote:
August 16, 2019, 2:41 pm

. . .
maybe look at a different poll, and you get a very different picture. Let's take, oh, I don't know, the Fox News poll of August 14th, just two days ago.
. . .
Of course there are other polls. There will always be more polls with horrible numbers for Trump. The Zogby Poll that I quoted didn't give Trump a majority in either demographic. When the media drumbeat is always -- 90% of the time -- GET TRUMP BECAUSE TRUMP, I expect polls to reflect what they do. Trump will be underwater in almost all polls. It has been that way since 2015 when he announced. The polls were wrong.

The media tried to do the same thing with their recession propaganda a day ago. It didn't work because the data reflected otherwise. Truth always wins.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 16, 2019, 3:07 pm

maganomics.jpg

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 16, 2019, 3:08 pm

voter intimidation.jpg

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 16, 2019, 3:09 pm

Trade Commies.jpg

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 16, 2019, 3:15 pm

Thirteen more of Trump's federal judge nominees were confirmed by the US Senate ahead of the August recess.

When the Senate reconvenes, these five nominees will be go through the confirmation process:

-Steven J. Menashi of New York, to serve as Circuit Judge on the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit

-Jodi W. Dishman of Oklahoma, to serve as Judge on the United States District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma

-Karen S. Marston of Pennsylvania, to serve as Judge on the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania

-Richard E. Myers II of North Carolina, to serve as Judge on the United States District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina

-Sarah E. Pitlyk of Missouri, to serve as Judge on the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri

I look forward to the continued confirmations of Originalist judges to the federal bench!

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » August 16, 2019, 3:19 pm

Lone Star wrote:
August 16, 2019, 3:01 pm
There will always be more polls with horrible numbers for Trump. ... Trump will be underwater in almost all polls. It has been that way since 2015 when he announced. The polls were wrong.
But you can't have it both ways. If polls are unreliable, why are you quoting Zogby? Because you like his results? Come on, now, you have more intellectual integrity than that.

thaiguzzi
udonmap.com

Post by thaiguzzi » August 16, 2019, 3:22 pm

Lone Star wrote:
August 16, 2019, 3:08 pm
voter intimidation.jpg
64545582_3113481552072860_49463828597755-1.jpg
uhttps3A2F2Fclaytoonzfileswordpresscom2F-1.jpg

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 16, 2019, 3:23 pm

Udon Map wrote:
August 16, 2019, 3:19 pm
Lone Star wrote:
August 16, 2019, 3:01 pm
There will always be more polls with horrible numbers for Trump. ... Trump will be underwater in almost all polls. It has been that way since 2015 when he announced. The polls were wrong.
But you can't have it both ways. If polls are unreliable, why are you quoting Zogby? Because you like his results? Come on, now, you have more intellectual integrity than that.
Why are you quoting Fox News? Because it reflects results that you like? I wonder how many other times you'll embrace Fox . . .

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 16, 2019, 3:24 pm

vigor.jpg

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » August 16, 2019, 3:34 pm

Lone Star wrote:
August 16, 2019, 3:23 pm
Why are you quoting Fox News? Because it reflects results that you like?
No. I started by looking at Pew Research, but it had no recent polls which asked the questions I was looking for. Then I did a Google search and Fox showed up first, so I looked at it. It was both recent and had the questions I was interested in; so I used it. I looked at no other polls.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 16, 2019, 3:38 pm

Like I said, finding a poll where Trump is underwater has been common since 2015. They are everywhere. Very common.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 16, 2019, 3:48 pm

Udon Map wrote:
August 16, 2019, 3:19 pm
. . .
why are you quoting Zogby?
. . .
Because it's rare that ANY poll shows Trump having an advantage -- even if it's not a plurality or majority in any category or demographic.

If we averaged your poll and mine, Trump would still have a 19% approval among Black Americans, and that is huge for any Republican running for POTUS. If that average held up, Dems are in big trouble.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » August 16, 2019, 6:24 pm

so, considering the fiasco of polling predictions in the 2016 election why does anybody place any faith in polls now?? What's changed that would restore anyone's confidence in them?
Dave

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 16, 2019, 6:44 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:
August 16, 2019, 6:24 pm
so, considering the fiasco of polling predictions in the 2016 election why does anybody place any faith in polls now?? What's changed that would restore anyone's confidence in them?
I am confident that they are almost always weighted against Trump. So when I find one that gives him a slight advantage, I post it due to it being a genuine oddity.

Return to “U.S. Politics”