U.S. Politics

Domat
udonmap.com

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by Domat » August 20, 2019, 9:21 pm

Companies in Europe would be able to get tariff-free access to US markets by moving operations to the UK or using transnational shipping. Reciprocally, the US could ship tariff-free into the EU by going through the UK companies or EU subsidiaries of a US business.

Do you understand how the EU trade union is working? The EU will ignore it and looks at this cheat? [-X [-X [-X
Dream on!!!!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 20, 2019, 9:33 pm

Domat wrote:
August 20, 2019, 9:21 pm
Companies in Europe would be able to get tariff-free access to US markets by moving operations to the UK or using transnational shipping. Reciprocally, the US could ship tariff-free into the EU by going through the UK companies or EU subsidiaries of a US business.
Do you understand how the EU trade union is working? The EU will ignore it and looks at this cheat? [-X [-X [-X
Dream on!!!!
Correct.

Tariff rates depend on where goods are manufactured, not where they are shipped from.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 20, 2019, 9:53 pm

Domat wrote:
August 20, 2019, 9:21 pm
Do you understand how the EU trade union is working?
The finished product would be completed in the UK or EU subsidiaries of a US business. Today, finished products in the EU by US subsidiaries escape tariffs now. Same is true of EU companies in the US.

I understand it well.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 20, 2019, 10:01 pm

Oc-Co Loco has what could materialize into some big voter problems in her district.

Federal Election Commission filings show that only 10 people -- TEN -- from NY's 14th District have contributed to her campaign, which represents less than 1% of her campaign contributions (a little more than $1,500).

From where could the other 99%+ of her contributions be originating? There's no law against any of this. No big deal legally, but it makes one wonder why there is no financial support from her home district. That doesn't speak well, and she's got some heavy competition for her seat in the upcoming election.

Domat
udonmap.com

Post by Domat » August 20, 2019, 10:12 pm

The finished product would be completed in the UK or EU subsidiaries of a US business. Today, finished products in the EU by US subsidiaries escape tariffs now. Same is true of EU companies in the US.

I understand it well.

But after the Brexit UK is not in the trade union anymore. It's possible for companies in the EU but definitely not for others.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 21, 2019, 6:08 am

Domat wrote:
August 20, 2019, 10:12 pm
But after the Brexit UK is not in the trade union anymore. It's possible for companies in the EU but definitely not for others.
I don't think anyone knows what will happen after Brexit. With the UK out of the EU, and the EU's strongest economy (Germany) in decline, the EU may not be in a very strong position to deal. We'll know more after G7 and after Halloween -- the date set for the UK to leave the EU. Two things to keep in mind: Mercedes ... BMW.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » August 21, 2019, 6:55 am

“I think any Jewish people that vote for a Democrat, I think it shows either a total lack of knowledge or great disloyalty”

Why just Jewish people? Colored people, Males , Females, German decent etc are they all disloyal also or do they get a free pass. He is short of being nuts, well maybe not short
Bad people Bad
Hopefully he wont be wanting to deport them, all who vote for the Dems

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 21, 2019, 7:04 am

“I think any Jewish people that vote for a Democrat, I think it shows either a total lack of knowledge or great disloyalty”

Why just Jewish people? Colored people, Males , Females, German decent etc are they all disloyal also or do they get a free pass. He is short of being nuts, well maybe not short
Bad people Bad
Hopefully he wont be wanting to deport them, all who vote for the Dems
Trump didn't just wake up one day with this idea. He's saying what many Jews even believe today. Lots swirling around Democrats and their antisemitism these days. Some need to do a better job of keeping up.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » August 21, 2019, 8:02 am

"Trump didn't just wake up one day with this idea."
Some think he just woke up or I should say hasnt woken up yet, Greenland a joke lol

"He's saying what many Jews even believe today. " And what would that be? Again just spitting out words with no substance
Plato "“Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something.”

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 21, 2019, 8:28 am

Plato "“Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something.”
The substance is that some people don't know enough about what is taking place or the background surrounding Trump's comments. Some people "have to say something."

Some people are driven by emotion and feel a need to answer with anything, even if it's ridiculous -- just to have a response. Those truly wishing to engage in a civil discussion would make sure of current events and background before feeling the need "to say something." Anything. Just "to say something."

As I stated, it's up to those uninformed to do a better job of keeping up. I know why Trump said it, and I know the background. All of it. I also know why many Jews agree with him and why Democrats are on their way to losing quite a bit of the Jewish vote.

Those sincerely interested in knowing what's going on may easily learn with due diligence and research. I am always happy to inform anyone who is sincere in seeking answers. However, I'm not inclined to waste time trying to inform someone who makes a habit of summarily rejecting anything I post -- just because I posted it -- "because they have to say something.”

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » August 21, 2019, 10:09 am

Lone Star wrote:
August 21, 2019, 8:28 am
... Some people are driven by emotion and feel a need to answer with anything, even if it's ridiculous -- just to have a response. Those truly wishing to engage in a civil discussion would make sure of current events and background before feeling the need "to say something." Anything. Just "to say something."
I agree completely. As the saying goes, better to be silent and thought stupid than to speak and remove all doubt.
Lone Star wrote:
I know why Trump said it, and I know the background. All of it.
Unless you're in Trump's inner circle, you don't know why he said it. And even if you were in his inner circle, he's famous for not trusting people. So while you may have an opinion, and it may be a very good one, perhaps even accurate, I would posit that you don't know.
Lone Star wrote:
I also know why many Jews agree with him and why Democrats are on their way to losing quite a bit of the Jewish vote.
This is very nuanced, and influenced greatly by what is going on in Israel, the incredibly complex internal political situation there, and by the shenanigans of Mr. and Mrs. Netanyahu. I would be willing to go out on a limb here and say categorically that you don't know.

thaiguzzi
udonmap.com

Post by thaiguzzi » August 21, 2019, 10:16 am

Screenshot_2019-07-21 screen-shot-2017-07-25-at-25136-am png (PNG Image, 454 × 237 pixels).png

thaiguzzi
udonmap.com

Post by thaiguzzi » August 21, 2019, 10:17 am

uhttps3A2F2Fpbstwimgcom2Fmedia2FDR1KV9DV-1.jpg

thaiguzzi
udonmap.com

Post by thaiguzzi » August 21, 2019, 10:18 am

uhttps3A2F2Fpicsonsizzlecom2Ftrumpsuppor-1.jpg

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 21, 2019, 10:21 am

Udon Map wrote:
August 21, 2019, 10:09 am
Unless you're in Trump's inner circle, you don't know why he said it. And even if you were in his inner circle, he's famous for not trusting people. So while you may have an opinion, and it may be a very good one, perhaps even accurate, I would posit that you don't know.
I know, and you know too. You're an intelligent man who keeps up with these things. You are well aware of what the Democrat party is doing to themselves. :)
This is very nuanced, and influenced greatly by what is going on in Israel . . .
It has much more to do with what's going on with Democrats. The Jews, Israel and Bibi have only responded in a way that forces Democrats to either own or reject antisemites in their party.

You know what's going on. :)

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » August 21, 2019, 10:38 am

Post by Lone Star » August 20, 2019, 3:55 pm

. . .
So why oh why post the results of posts??
. . .
Emotion.

"I know, and you know too. You're an intelligent man who keeps up with these things. You are well aware of what the Democrat party is doing to themselves. :)"

I would love to gain this knowledge of how one person knows what another is thinking.
I tried it with the exwife and I can say it never worked.

But I know, you know, that I know, what you know, is the same with what I know.
Isnt his somewhat similar to Polls that I know

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 21, 2019, 12:21 pm

If anyone needed further evidence of the madness (and I mean that in the medical sense) of the Bloated Orange Bullshiitter:
US President Donald Trump has cancelled a state visit to Denmark after the nation's prime minister said Greenland was not for sale to the US..........

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49416740
:confused:

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » August 21, 2019, 12:46 pm

I am telling you Baffin Island in Canada would be a steal now that Greenland is off the table

OR Donny should go after The Falklands or British Virgin Islands both could be bought I am sure for a song and dance and the real catch is that there are no Jews there, therefore no Democrats to contend with.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » August 21, 2019, 1:17 pm

Yes Jack just watched it on the Beeb News old Trumpy has thrown his toy's out of his pram again and refused to meet the Danish PM after she laughed him off for offering to sell Greenland. Some People just don't have a sense of humour.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 21, 2019, 1:54 pm

Doodoo wrote:
August 21, 2019, 12:46 pm
I am telling you Baffin Island in Canada would be a steal now that Greenland is off the table

OR Donny should go after The Falklands or British Virgin Islands both could be bought I am sure for a song and dance ......
It's not Trump's style to go smaller.

He should send the White House Chief Real Estate procurer down to Oz, to sniff out if there is any interest there.

Given the current mob of numpties in charge, they would likely offer it to him for nothing. :?

Return to “U.S. Politics”