U.S. Politics

Post Reply
User avatar
Lone Star
udonmap.com
Posts: 5675
Joined: June 26, 2014, 11:52 pm

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by Lone Star » September 15, 2019, 11:00 pm

Doodoo wrote:
September 15, 2019, 10:18 pm
It appears the Donny the Treasue May Need SPELL CHECK

. . .

He is loosing it, just like others that go on a RANT!!!!!
loosing it?

Or did you mean 'losing it'?

Emotionally invested much? You've got some nerve recommending spell check.
Image

You know, when you start doubling down on your idiocy, you don't much help your cause. Some would think your emotion drives you to an incoherent rant.

20190328-161516 3.jpg


AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

TJ
udonmap.com
Posts: 1126
Joined: September 9, 2005, 9:16 am
Location: Udon Thani and USA

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by TJ » September 16, 2019, 3:45 am

I find that articles such as the following are generally informative and worth the effort to read. Maybe they are boring as they seem to be produced by intellectuals for the consumption of intellectuals. The possession of an extensive education makes them more palatable.

Young Americans Prefer Socialism Because They Are Ignorant of the Past: Camille Paglia

https://reason.com/2019/09/03/young-ame ... le-paglia/

User avatar
newtovillagelife
udonmap.com
Posts: 1145
Joined: December 3, 2011, 10:14 am

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by newtovillagelife » September 16, 2019, 6:31 am

Udon Map wrote:
September 15, 2019, 9:44 pm
newtovillagelife wrote:
September 15, 2019, 6:00 pm
Udon Map wrote:
September 14, 2019, 10:59 am
Lone Star wrote:
September 13, 2019, 9:05 pm
None of that is news to me, but a nice list of media reports.

Trump has always said he was willing to meet without preconditions.
Again, what you say is accurate, but you've changed the subject. That's not what we were talking about. The statement which you derided as unsupported was that Trump was considering the French economic plan with regard to Iran. I provided you with sources. That's all. He is considering it.
Why do you waste your time with Lone Star, every time you confront him with facts that prove him wrong, he ignores you. I guess you crave the approval, of another yank, sad life. Oh dear, I'm sure this will get deleted, true hurts.
Perhaps because I'm more open minded than you, and don't write people off as quickly? Just a guess. Lively debate, multiple points of view, keep the democracy strong.
I'm open minded to reason, and truth.

User avatar
Lone Star
udonmap.com
Posts: 5675
Joined: June 26, 2014, 11:52 pm

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by Lone Star » September 16, 2019, 7:09 am

TJ wrote:
September 16, 2019, 3:45 am
I find that articles such as the following are generally informative and worth the effort to read. Maybe they are boring as they seem to be produced by intellectuals for the consumption of intellectuals. The possession of an extensive education makes them more palatable.

Young Americans Prefer Socialism Because They Are Ignorant of the Past: Camille Paglia

https://reason.com/2019/09/03/young-ame ... le-paglia/

Yes, the lessons of socialism are lost on the ignorant.

Reason and truth.




Elizabeth Heng:
“If we want to talk about what incites violence, socialism does. My parents lived through a socialist regime that murdered millions of innocent civilians, and I’m currently getting death threats since the ad aired. The only people inciting violence are the radical left, who can’t defend their ideas with facts, so they resort to horrible personal attacks, and as we’ve seen, even death threats.

“I put out an ad challenging AOC’s socialist views, and she came back and called me a bunch of names. That should tell you everything you really need to know about the face of socialism, right now, in our country.

“I don’t think it’s appropriate to ever threaten anybody — member of Congress or not — but it’s so important to be able to have this discussion in our country about what true socialism is, and what it’s done without being attacked through death threats [or] anything else. That’s why it’s so important to me to hold onto those fundamental freedoms and values — of freedom of speech, for example — and to make sure that we are able to have diverse political thoughts in this country. It seems like every single time a conservative speaks up, the left consistently wants to ban them, censor then, boycott them.

I want [Ocasio-Cortez] to have a voice I just don’t agree with it, but I also would expect her and the radical left to respect my voice, too, so that we can have some discussion in this country. The ideas she continues to push have actually killed people throughout the world. Those dead bodies that you see on there that some deem as provocative, they could very well have been some of my own family members. This is why I have a personal story to cite against socialism, because it can’t come to the forefront of America.

“It was so important for me to create New Faces of the GOP, to force the discussion and highlight the radical ideologies that the far left continues to push forward and is starting to impact and have a ripple effect within mainstream America, and that scares me.

“So my goal with this is to look for strong conservative leaders all across the country to help spread our message and to recruit the next generation of Republican leaders and to help elevate them so that we can grow our party and make sure that we can be the antidote to the Ocasio-Cortezes of the world. We’re looking [for talent] all across the country to help build a strategy for people to run for office and to speak up and out against socialism.”
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

User avatar
Lone Star
udonmap.com
Posts: 5675
Joined: June 26, 2014, 11:52 pm

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by Lone Star » September 16, 2019, 6:56 pm

.

Three more phony media stories shot down within hours after being reported. Two from Politico about Trump. One from the NY Times about Kavanaugh.

Politico anonymously sourced an article that claimed Israeli intelligence spied on Trump. This story was released just days before a critical election in Israel. Look no further than Joel Benenson, a former Obama guy, working for the opposition party against Bibi. Spying never happened. As usual no named source making the accusation.

The other phony Politico story involved US Air Force refueling in Scotland that has been under contract since Obama and 2015-2016. That attempt to implicate Trump in enriching himself was debunked within 48 hours.

The third bogus story is from the NY Times about Justice Kavanaugh. The very book used by the NY Times to smear Kavanaugh confirms that the supposed victim DENIES ANY MEMORY of the alleged event. But the Times ran with the story anyway BECAUSE TRUMP BECAUSE KAVANAUGH.

This is what happens when emotion overrides honest journalism, but the media has set a new standard when it comes to anything Trump-related. Anything goes. Even lies and unsubstantiated accusations. Even if it isn't true or there is no evidence, keep repeating the story anyway.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

Doodoo
udonmap.com
Posts: 1340
Joined: October 15, 2017, 8:47 pm

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by Doodoo » September 16, 2019, 8:03 pm

"Politico anonymously sourced an article that claimed Israeli intelligence spied on Trump. This story was released just days before a critical election in Israel. Look no further than Joel Benenson, a former Obama guy, working for the opposition party against Bibi. Spying never happened. As usual no named source making the accusation."

Israel is an aggressive nation and will spy on anyone if it feels there is a need to. So Spying on the USA is needed to stay on top, as well as the UK and Germany etc
If people are that gullible that other countries other than Russia and China etc are spying then they need to go back to Spy School.
In the past has Israel spied on the USA You bet ya. Refer to
"
Perhaps the best known case of Israeli spying in the US is that of Jonathan Pollard. A civilian analyst in naval intelligence, Pollard had access to thousands of secret documents that he passed to Israel. Until 1998, Israel denied that it had any direct contact with Pollard, but in May of that year Benjamin Netanyahu admitted Pollard was an intelligence source who was being handled by the Israeli Bureau for Scientific Relations. Since then, the Israeli government has lobbied extensively for Pollard to be released from prison in North Carolina, where he is currently serving a life sentence with an expected release date of 2015."

User avatar
Lone Star
udonmap.com
Posts: 5675
Joined: June 26, 2014, 11:52 pm

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by Lone Star » September 16, 2019, 8:28 pm

Israel is an aggressive nation and will spy on anyone . . .
As usual, no relevance to the current events. Over 22 years ago? You really had to dig for that one.

Posting something just to post something -- anything -- even if it's over 22 years old and irrelevant to current events.

Last edited by Lone Star on September 16, 2019, 8:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

User avatar
Lone Star
udonmap.com
Posts: 5675
Joined: June 26, 2014, 11:52 pm

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by Lone Star » September 16, 2019, 8:29 pm

.

What makes Trump different from the liars in the Democrat Party?

Dinesh D'Souza nails it.

There are two Trumps. There is the Retail Trump and the Wholesale Trump. In the retail sense, Trump is a massive bullshitter. But in the wholesale sense, Trump is "incredibly dependable."

Most politicians are the opposite. The average retail politician has to rely on focus groups. The retail politician will never say anything that is out of bounds because they research it. The retail politician is always vetting their comments, but it’s still retail politician bullshit.

The Wholesale Trump is the one who makes good on his promises and what he campaigned to do. What he says he's going to do -- he does. For that reason, the Wholesale Trump is more reliable than any other wholesale politician before him. Most wholesale politicians DO NOT KEEP THEIR PROMISES.

The Retail Trump may be fly-by-night, but his instincts as the Wholesale Trump -- about what is best -- what is right and wrong for a strong America -- is mostly accurate.

The Wholesale Trump doesn't calculate politics. He knows instinctively what to do, and he does it.

While Trump is a massive egotist, he is still second to the biggest egotist of all -- Bayrack. Trump’s ego -- considered by many as a weakness, is in reality a forcefield that gives him the ability to forge ahead with his agenda against all of the attacks from everywhere. And Trump is attacked from everywhere. From Everywhere.

While all of Trump's enemies -- and also the Cheerleaders for Failure -- focus on the Retail Trump (he's mean, he's orange, he cheats at golf, all the bullshit negative stories about Trump with no quoted sources, impeachment foolishness based on nothing, where USAF planes refuel, who stays in Trump hotels, blah blah blah), the Wholesale Trump keeps getting things done.

D'Souza's analysis explains at least one perspective as to why Trump continues to be successful in his agenda despite all the roadblocks and speedbumps. All of the undermining and backstabbing done to Trump don’t seem to matter. “America First” marches on.

I agree with D'Souza, but I also have an additional view to add to that analysis. My personal perspective on all of this is that because Trump is a businessman, he knows how to delegate responsibility and assigns tasks for his cabinet and heads of sub-departments of the Executive Branch that he expects to get done. After over two years, those working for Trump know that if they don't do the job well, they will be jettisoned.

Americans are results oriented. They knew what they were getting with the Retail Trump and they hoped against hope that the Wholesale Trump would keep his promises and carry the day. THAT has happened -- AND MORE. And all of that is why the Retail Trump doesn’t matter to voters who LOVE AMERICA.

Today, the Retail Trump continues to distract with his laser pointer tweets, while the Wholesale Trump continues to achieve. LIBs haven't figured it out yet.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

Doodoo
udonmap.com
Posts: 1340
Joined: October 15, 2017, 8:47 pm

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by Doodoo » September 16, 2019, 9:34 pm

Man that didnt last long not even 24 hours of staying away from my entries

As I said they had best go back to SPY COLLEGE if they are that stupid As for relivant to current events surely they must teach this in Spy 101 if not I really begin to question this stuff about security of our country.

"As usual, no relevance to the current events. Over 22 years ago? You really had to dig for that one.

Posting something just to post something -- anything -- even if it's over 22 years old and irrelevant to current events."

So are you saying 9/11 is NOT relevant to todays current events? If it is OLD news it doesnt count anymore as you have put it.
Your just putting words out there as Rubber Donny does just to say something, anything!!!

User avatar
Lone Star
udonmap.com
Posts: 5675
Joined: June 26, 2014, 11:52 pm

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by Lone Star » September 16, 2019, 10:15 pm

. . .
NOT relevant
. . .
That's what you got correct.

Your spy story from over 22 years ago and 9-11 have no relevance to three phony news stories published by Politico and the NY Times from the past several days.

But I'm not surprised that you don't have the analytical skills to distinguish 2 acts from the distant past from 3 unrelated and phony news articles from the last week.

Image Image
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

Doodoo
udonmap.com
Posts: 1340
Joined: October 15, 2017, 8:47 pm

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by Doodoo » September 16, 2019, 10:24 pm

I certainly see the relevance
But that is your loss
Again the US need to reeducate it self if they dont think allies are spying on them and believe it or not visa versa They are a crooked as they come and it has been proven time and time again

User avatar
Lone Star
udonmap.com
Posts: 5675
Joined: June 26, 2014, 11:52 pm

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by Lone Star » September 17, 2019, 8:14 am

NYT phony.jpg

CNN had a 4th news story with UNSOURCED information and factually inaccurate.

CNN's contribution to fake news accused Trump of mishandling intelligence and putting a CIA operative in danger. IT NEVER HAPPENED.

The CIA operative was recalled BEFORE Trump was president.

Who reported it? Jim Sciutto, a CNN “reporter" who is a former Obama guy with a history of fake stories. Sciutto's story was so fake that even WaPo and the NYT rejected it.

Another example of report anything BECAUSE TRUMP while others find the facts later.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

User avatar
Lone Star
udonmap.com
Posts: 5675
Joined: June 26, 2014, 11:52 pm

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by Lone Star » September 17, 2019, 8:42 am

.

A trade deal with Japan has been reached.

As I correctly pointed out days ago, a piece of paper was not necessary to adjust a trade agreement with a trading partner where formal trade already existed. Cheerleaders probably very unhappy about this, but will probably state publicly that they don't care. Anything good for America makes them very unhappy.

This new agreement does not require congressional approval because it has been "fast-tracked" through a trade law provision that allows POTUS to make reciprocal tariff agreements by proclamation.

Further trade negotiations continue with Japan -- and other countries.

STEADY DAMN WINNING.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

User avatar
GT93
udonmap.com
Posts: 5304
Joined: June 5, 2009, 9:37 am
Location: ฃอยชอบ Auckland

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by GT93 » September 17, 2019, 8:48 am

newtovillagelife wrote:
September 16, 2019, 6:31 am
I'm open minded to reason, and truth.
This thread feels more religious than philosophical.

User avatar
jackspratt
udonmap.com
Posts: 10576
Joined: July 2, 2006, 5:29 pm

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by jackspratt » September 17, 2019, 9:13 am

GT93 wrote:
September 17, 2019, 8:48 am

This thread feels more religious than philosophical.
No doubt about that.

The religion is deep conservatism.

Trump is god.

The American constitution is the Bible.

And LS is the Proselytizer-in-Chief.

Hallelujah!

User avatar
Lone Star
udonmap.com
Posts: 5675
Joined: June 26, 2014, 11:52 pm

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by Lone Star » September 17, 2019, 9:14 am

.

That DAMN RACIST TRUMP strikes again.

The one thing about Trump that all the data supports is that unlike past presidents, Trump's policies and programs LIFT ALL AMERICANS without penalizing another group of Americans. Trump's policies do not shift burdens from those who owe to those who don't owe, but just happen to have more assets.

In the US Census Bureau's 77-page report on poverty in America, the poverty level among Black Americans is at RECORD LOWS. Turn to page 65 and begin reading.

- Black married families - DOWN to 18.8% (23.8% in 2007)
- Black female-head of household - DOWN to 31.7% (39.7% in 2007)
- All Black Americans - DOWN to 20.8% (24.5% in 2007)

Poverty for all intact families in America with a mother and father in the home are the lowest of all the demographics at 9.7%. That should not be a surprise. Stability usually brings great results.

Trump's "America First" doctrine, which includes "Hire American," is directly responsible for a labor market where business has to compete for labor, which is driving up wages. Trump's suppression of illegal aliens has blocked the hiring of cheap, illegal labor.

The same LIBs who scream RACIST TRUMP, because of his border policies and enforcing immigration law, refuse to acknowledge that Trump's policies are helping ALL Americans regardless of skin pigment. Black Americans and Latino Americans are the beneficiaries of Trump's immigration stance.

Annual US Labor Numbers Entering the Workforce
- 4 million Americans graduating from high school or college
- 1.1 million legal immigrants
- 1.5 million visa workers and spouses (white collar)
- 500,000 visa workers (blue collar)
- 1 million work permits
- In addition there are at least 8 million illegal aliens working in the US

Legal and illegal immigration hurts wages and job opportunities of those 4 million Americans entering the workforce every year.

Even with all of those detriments to labor in the US, Main Street is still STEADY DAMN WINNING.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

User avatar
Udon Map
Admin
Posts: 1543
Joined: July 31, 2013, 7:57 pm

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by Udon Map » September 17, 2019, 9:22 am

Lone Star wrote:
September 17, 2019, 8:14 am
NYT phony.jpg
Do you have a cite to the NYT article where it admitted that the new alleged Kavanaugh victim doesn't remember the assault? I'd like to read it.

User avatar
Lone Star
udonmap.com
Posts: 5675
Joined: June 26, 2014, 11:52 pm

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by Lone Star » September 17, 2019, 9:32 am

.

Oh my. More good news. The cheerleaders (lower case intended) will be unhappy again. The good news is so overwhelming that they are now attempting to downplay it all as some sort of blind, false worship. Common for godless beings. They must find another way to attack this phenomenon of good news.

The facts are clear. If the media thought they could accuse the data of being a lie and get away with it, they'd do it. The media has proven that already.

The US Chamber of Commerce Small Business Index reports that "employers are experiencing high levels of confidence about the state of their local economies and their financial future."

The US Chamber and MetLife work together in creating this multiyear report.

The Small Business Index reports a score of 70.7% for the 3Q of 2019. This is two percentage points higher than the 2Q when the phony drumbeat of "recession, recession, recession" began. That 3Q score reflects that more than 2/3 of small business owners are optimistic about the business environment and their own company's future going forward. Optimism is a market driver.

1,000 small businesses are surveyed.

Jessica Moser, MetLife:
"Strong local economies have a ripple effect, and create stronger state, regional, and national economies. Increased small business confidence will allow them to continue to hire and to invest in their businesses, which ultimately helps everyone."
Yes, economic success has a positive domino effect in communities. Successful businesses hire employees who shop and spend money in those communities at other businesses, which improves profits and tax revenues. It is win-win.

The report also indicates a spike in the military veteran-owned businesses and the hiring of veterans.

Main Street STILL STEADY DAMN WINNING.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

User avatar
Lone Star
udonmap.com
Posts: 5675
Joined: June 26, 2014, 11:52 pm

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by Lone Star » September 17, 2019, 9:35 am

Udon Map wrote:
September 17, 2019, 9:22 am
. . . cite
. . .
https://www.startpage.com/do/dsearch?qu ... ge=english

Take your pick.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

Doodoo
udonmap.com
Posts: 1340
Joined: October 15, 2017, 8:47 pm

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by Doodoo » September 17, 2019, 10:11 am

"Legal and illegal immigration hurts wages and job opportunities of those 4 million Americans entering the workforce every year. "
How could they hurt wages? One minute you are screaming that if the Government raised the minimum wage so many jobs will be lost but on the other hand you are saying wages are being suppressed due to immigration. One side of the road or the other please

Which way will he go?

Post Reply

Return to “U.S. Politics”