udonmap.com

Re: The Historic Impeachment Trial of Trump

Post by Kenr6583 » January 25, 2020, 1:02 am

glalt wrote:
January 25, 2020, 12:45 am
Kenr6583 wrote:
January 24, 2020, 1:33 am
Please define "Great job".
Define? You need to learn to read and understand numbers. You really don't have to be a rocket scientist to see how the economy is doing and that the country is now on the right path. As has been posted before, there are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
The two things I see is the $1 trillion deficit and no health care reform. The deficit is eventually going to come back and bite us at some point in time in the future, and it will be individuals like myself who are going to suffer with cuts to social security and Medicare.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » January 25, 2020, 10:38 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
January 25, 2020, 1:02 am
glalt wrote:
Kenr6583 wrote:
Define? You need to learn to read and understand numbers. You really don't have to be a rocket scientist to see how the economy is doing and that the country is now on the right path. As has been posted before, there are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
The two things I see is the $1 trillion deficit and no health care reform. The deficit is eventually going to come back and bite us at some point in time in the future, and it will be individuals like myself who are going to suffer with cuts to social security and Medicare.
Your post is quite interesting. In one breath you criticize the deficit and then in the next breath, you want to increase the deficit even more. Which is it?

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » January 25, 2020, 10:40 am

glalt wrote:
January 25, 2020, 10:38 am
Kenr6583 wrote:
glalt wrote:
Kenr6583 wrote:
Your post is quite interesting. In one breath you criticize the deficit and then in the next breath, you want to increase the deficit even more. Which is it?
How is the deficit being increased by paying me back the money that I put into it? And why can't this country have affordable health care?

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » January 26, 2020, 12:04 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
January 25, 2020, 10:40 am
glalt wrote:
January 25, 2020, 10:38 am
Kenr6583 wrote:
glalt wrote:
Kenr6583 wrote:
How is the deficit being increased by paying me back the money that I put into it? And why can't this country have affordable health care?
Affordable healthcare? In Canada our basic medical is free but when you consider how much more we pay for everything and the amount of tax we pay compared to the U.S. it is quite expensive. The money has to come from somewhere. Americans can buy medical plans, the poor can not afford it. Our medical system is broke and struggling to survive. I think the solution may be a two tiered system like Thailand has.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 26, 2020, 12:13 am

"I think the solution may be a two tiered system "

and in the states that would be the "if you ve got plenty of money you get treatment and if your poor you die" two tier system I suppose [-X

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » January 26, 2020, 1:31 am

What I don't get is how you can pay 1.45% of all your money earned through your lifetime, and then turn around and still charge you $144 monthly premium just for doctor's visits. And then you have to pay more for prescription drugs. I am very lucky, I have the best healthcare plan in the United States, covered under FEHB, so I'm never going to use Medicare, but I still have to pay into it, which doesn't bother me. But what bothers me is that this government, no matter Democrat or Republican, can't, or won't, reign in the pharmaceutical companies. Healthcare was affordable for pretty much everybody until Obamacare. That's what needs to be fixed instead of just trying to repeal it with nothing in its place. The insurance companies have us by the balls right now, and that needs to be addressed. But as it stands, it's just business as usual. Screw everything else that our money is being wasted on, take care of the people's health. If he can promise the people with more tax cuts later this year, bribes, something can be done about the healthcare system. Personally, I don't think I can afford another tax cut for the "middle class".

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » January 26, 2020, 4:03 am

Kenr6583,
I believe If you are retired the FEHB automatically converts to a Medicare supplement at age 65, you might want to check with FEHB to clarify.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » January 26, 2020, 4:24 am

Stantheman wrote:
January 26, 2020, 4:03 am
Kenr6583,
I believe If you are retired the FEHB automatically converts to a Medicare supplement at age 65, you might want to check with FEHB to clarify.
It doesn't, they are trying to change that though, in order to alleviate the post office financial burden, but they haven't yet as far as I know. But thanks for the heads up, I'll check into that. It may have changed since the last time I looked into it. I believe the post office is a little different than others covered under FERS because it's not paid by the taxpayer, but I'll make sure. I'll have nine years after I retire until I turn 65, so even if it isn't now, it might be by that time anyway.
Last edited by Kenr6583 on January 26, 2020, 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » January 26, 2020, 4:51 am

Just read up on it. You can opt out a Part B if you have health insurance and just enroll in Part A so you will not have to pay premiums under Medicare. But you are correct, you are automatically enrolled in Medicare Part A and B if you do not notify them beforehand if you are already collecting social security benefits, but you still keep your FEHB policy.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 26, 2020, 11:51 am

Has it occurred to anyone else, given that the Bloated Orange Bullshiiter had a "perfect" telephone call with Zelensky, why he doesn't just release the FULL transcript of the conversation, and allow others who were privy to testify that was the case?

He could clear it all up in 5 minutes, and get on with his re-election bid.

Strange, 'innit? :-k

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » January 26, 2020, 12:45 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
January 26, 2020, 12:13 am

and in the states that would be the "if you ve got plenty of money you get treatment and if your poor you die" two tier system I suppose [-X
it works in Thailand, affordable government medical and hospitals that provide the basic necessary care and private for those that can pay for more. My doctor in Canada recently told me our system is failing badly and a two tiered system is coming. It is nice to think everyone can have the best for free but it just does not work. Nothing in life is free.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » January 26, 2020, 2:04 pm

jai yen yen wrote:
January 26, 2020, 12:45 pm
stattointhailand wrote:
January 26, 2020, 12:13 am

it works in Thailand, affordable government medical and hospitals that provide the basic necessary care and private for those that can pay for more. My doctor in Canada recently told me our system is failing badly and a two tiered system is coming. It is nice to think everyone can have the best for free but it just does not work. Nothing in life is free.
So you are saying a wealthy persons life is worth more than a poor persons, if faced with a medical condition. You really should join Trump in the States, I am sure you would be welcomed, your wife not so much.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » January 26, 2020, 2:13 pm

jackspratt wrote:
January 26, 2020, 11:51 am
Has it occurred to anyone else, given that the Bloated Orange Bullshiiter had a "perfect" telephone call with Zelensky, why he doesn't just release the FULL transcript of the conversation, and allow others who were privy to testify that was the case?

He could clear it all up in 5 minutes, and get on with his re-election bid.

Strange, 'innit? :-k
Yes. I'd love to hear John Bolton testify.

And it isn't just Trump on trial. The US Senate itself is also in the dock.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » January 26, 2020, 2:55 pm

Most of the world has a 2 tier health system
Goverment sponsored health care
Then private health care where the individual pays
Whether self insured, employment insurance or just has a bucket full of loot to pay
This second tier attracts the best care as money not the problem

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 26, 2020, 7:04 pm

What you are saying is --

You cannot be treated differently if you are black, or if you are disabled, or if you are gay, or fat or tall etc etc

But its perfectly alright to discriminate against someone because they didn't get born into a well off family [-X [-X [-X

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 26, 2020, 7:35 pm

Any chance of getting back on topic?

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 26, 2020, 7:45 pm

about as much chance as the senate admitting its dark outside at night :lol:

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 26, 2020, 7:48 pm

Feel free to start a new topic about that statto ......... in the meantime .........

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » January 26, 2020, 8:58 pm

jackspratt wrote:
January 26, 2020, 7:48 pm
Feel free to start a new topic about that statto ......... in the meantime .........
LOL.... I think it is my fault things got off topic here....

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 26, 2020, 9:04 pm

Kenr6583 wrote:
January 26, 2020, 8:58 pm
jackspratt wrote:
January 26, 2020, 7:48 pm
LOL.... I think it is my fault things got off topic here....
Nah we just invoked Udon maps version of the finger spinner :lol:

Return to “U.S. Politics”