US Presidential election odds

Whistler
udonmap.com

Re: US Presidential election odds

Post by Whistler » June 6, 2023, 3:17 pm

tamada wrote:
June 6, 2023, 2:28 pm
Wotcher! Mike "The Bike" Pence has entered the race.
biker 47.jpg
As 45's veep, I initially thought he couldn't have picked a worse human being and Donald better not cark it lest we get Pence in the big house. Of course I didn't expect Trump's 4-year, one-man wrecking ball but when Mikey insisted on upholding the Constitution while the Proud Boys lynch mob circled outside the Capitol on January 6, I reckoned somewhere behind that enigmatic... grimace, there's a real statesman. With the equally odious Ron DeSantis being touted as the man most likely to trip up Trump, I reckon things just got better. What's more, his missus is a proper Karen.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/ ... ald-trump/
This is nothing but good news for Trump. The more Republican non MAGA candidates the greater they split up votes leaving Trump with a clear lead over whoever comes second. Even if the bugger is convicted of a serios crime, he will win the nomination.

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 6, 2023, 5:22 pm

I am a bit surprised that the wise group of men who wrote what we are told is the perfect constitution, were able to see far enough in the future to allow for AR-15s in the amendment, but were unable to foresee that a criminal would be eligible to stand and win the Presidency. :-k

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » June 6, 2023, 6:39 pm

They knew that it was not anywhere near a "perfect constitution" This why they had the tool called An Amendment available to change the imperfections of the Constitution. Two imperfections that have been are altered were the Slavery Act and then Prohibition. The Constitution is always up for change.
As for the Ar-15s and other gun laws are handled by each state and not necessarily the Federal laws

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 6, 2023, 7:34 pm

You are probably right about the founding fathers, Dd - however, it was the contemporary constitutional purists I was referring to in my post. They are a bit like those who fervently believe the "barble" is the ultimate truth.

As for AR15s - which FEDERAL body is the final arbiter, and under which document?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 7, 2023, 8:11 am

Whistler wrote:
June 6, 2023, 3:17 pm
tamada wrote:
June 6, 2023, 2:28 pm
Wotcher! Mike "The Bike" Pence has entered the race.
biker 47.jpg
As 45's veep, I initially thought he couldn't have picked a worse human being and Donald better not cark it lest we get Pence in the big house. Of course I didn't expect Trump's 4-year, one-man wrecking ball but when Mikey insisted on upholding the Constitution while the Proud Boys lynch mob circled outside the Capitol on January 6, I reckoned somewhere behind that enigmatic... grimace, there's a real statesman. With the equally odious Ron DeSantis being touted as the man most likely to trip up Trump, I reckon things just got better. What's more, his missus is a proper Karen.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/ ... ald-trump/
This is nothing but good news for Trump. The more Republican non MAGA candidates the greater they split up votes leaving Trump with a clear lead over whoever comes second. Even if the bugger is convicted of a serios crime, he will win the nomination.
Chris Christie has thrown his hat in the ring now.

Meanwhile, my erstwhile favourite has managed a word salad when she was questioned on what's the biggest challenge to women's rights at the moment, suggesting banning trans women in sports is more important than abortion rights. This fence-sit to keep the ultra conservatives onside was followed by an outright gaffe on 'alignment' with Russia.

Doom'd.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 7, 2023, 5:38 pm

Christie's poll result a few months ago was 1%. Watch it grow rapidly. If it tops 25% as I think it will, Trump will go ballistic and If de Santis drops out it will be a real bun fight I rate him as the only Republican that has a chance to topple Trump but still very long odds.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » June 7, 2023, 7:07 pm

Whistler wrote:
June 7, 2023, 5:38 pm
Christie's poll result a few months ago was 1%. Watch it grow rapidly. If it tops 25% as I think it will . . . .
Christie? 25+%?? What makes you think that?

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 7, 2023, 7:29 pm

I'm sure he meant 2.5%, which sounds about right.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 7, 2023, 7:32 pm

jackspratt wrote:
June 7, 2023, 7:29 pm
There are many GOP members who are moderates and detest Trump. Christie is the only candidate to take Trump head on. Those who are moderates will possibly flock to his cause. The next few weeks will show if that happens.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » June 8, 2023, 9:51 am

If Uncle Joe lives long enough to run for another term, I hope that he chooses a different running mate. The thought that the air head useless Kamala scares me. If Trump gets the nomination, I hope he chooses a decent running mate. He too is an old man. Voters should give some thought to running mates. It is entirely possible the the vice president could end up being president.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 8, 2023, 10:34 am

Whistler wrote:
June 7, 2023, 7:32 pm
jackspratt wrote:
There are many GOP members who are moderates and detest Trump. Christie is the only candidate to take Trump head on. Those who are moderates will possibly flock to his cause. The next few weeks will show if that happens.
I meant 25% and I am not alone in my thoughts, this from overnight

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/06/06/opin ... index.html

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 8, 2023, 10:37 am

The Bloated Orange Bullshittters odds may start drifting out further with this latest news:
Federal prosecutors have notified former US president Donald Trump's attorneys he is the target of an investigation into his handling of classified materials, a person familiar with the matter said on Wednesday, adding to his legal troubles as he campaigns for the White House in 2024.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-06-08/ ... /102454692
With a bit of luck, he will be charged sooner rather than later. =D>

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 8, 2023, 11:39 am

jackspratt wrote:
June 8, 2023, 10:37 am
The Bloated Orange Bullshittters odds may start drifting out further with this latest news:
Federal prosecutors have notified former US president Donald Trump's attorneys he is the target of an investigation into his handling of classified materials, a person familiar with the matter said on Wednesday, adding to his legal troubles as he campaigns for the White House in 2024.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-06-08/ ... /102454692
With a bit of luck, he will be charged sooner rather than later. =D>
The greatest witch hunt in the galaxy endures.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 8, 2023, 11:41 am

Whistler wrote:
June 8, 2023, 10:34 am
Whistler wrote:
jackspratt wrote:

Here's hoping he has the funding to take this battle all the way to the "bake-off" phase of the quadrennial rodeo.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 8, 2023, 12:46 pm

tamada wrote:
June 8, 2023, 11:39 am

The greatest witch hunt in the galaxy endures.
Let's hope this one finishes with a wooden stake, piles of faggots and a match.

Figuratively speaking of course.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » June 8, 2023, 5:31 pm

Whistler wrote:
June 8, 2023, 10:34 am
Whistler wrote:
jackspratt wrote:

And this, from the article at that link:
The CNN poll found that 60% of Republicans would not support Christie under any circumstances.
So I don't see Christie as having the proverbial snowball's chance in hell of reaching 25%, let alone winning the Republican nomination.

Also, we can now add Mike Pence as one who is willing to confront Trump head-on. In his announcement last night, he stated clearly and several times that Trump is not fit to serve as President. While Christie is a moderate Republican, Pence will appeal to the evangelicals plus the far-right-but-still-sane Republicans who would love to have an alternative to Trump.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 8, 2023, 5:36 pm

Bikey Mikey. My man!!!
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 9, 2023, 11:48 am

Chris Christie odds from OLBG, a sports betting crowd in the USA. 10,000/1. Now that is worth a little flutter.

Wait until the world news picks up my prediction on The Udon Thani Forum, the odds will tighten hugely. 55

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » June 9, 2023, 4:26 pm

Whistler wrote:
June 9, 2023, 11:48 am
Chris Christie odds from OLBG, a sports betting crowd in the USA. 10,000/1. Now that is worth a little flutter.
For those of us who like to gamble (and I admit to being a member of that club), 10,000 to 1 would appear, at least on the surface, to be worth maybe a $5 or $10 gamble. I don't think that his chances are anything close to that. IMO I'd do better investing the same amount in Megabucks or PowerBall tickets (large, multistate U.S. lotteries).

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 14, 2023, 7:38 pm

I realise UMers are lying awake, put a bet on, wait for better odds, confused!

Well it is too late, Christie has shortened from a mouth watering 10,000/1 to 8,000/1. The bookies are terrified

Return to “U.S. Politics”