Antifa Now Terrorists

Post Reply
User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 7012
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Antifa Now Terrorists

Post by tamada » August 7, 2020, 9:41 am

Khun Paul wrote:
August 7, 2020, 7:21 am
AlexO wrote:
June 1, 2020, 1:20 pm
glalt wrote:
June 1, 2020, 10:02 am
The ANTIFA group of idiots are not smart enough to organize these riots themselves. With them being designated as terrorists, the government can go after those who are funding and organizing them. Perhaps some of the punks will no longer have the money to travel around the country causing trouble.
=D> =D> =D>

Good to see someone see's the real reason behind this move. Just a wee reminder for the Libtards, the Antifa did not just appear after Trump was elected, they have been causing fear, destruction and mayhem for years. They are anti democracy, anti free speach as well.
Calling them a name does not by definition make them terrorists, however it is easier than calling them a, mixed bunch of anti almost anything and Government wants to do, had they been a co-ordinated and well run organisation they would cause absolute mayhem, like ISIS but they are not , just another name to use to justify probable illegal activity by any Government to cause maximum problems for the majority of law-abiding citizens , by imposing whatever they want to control an ethereal group of people they do not like
Good call there KP. In the past they would simply be labeled radicals but ever since Dubya's first administration when the "You're either with us or against us" was rolled out to suggest that ALL sorts of opposition was akin to being a terrorist, it's been a growing trend to pigeonhole all levels of political dissent as akin to terrorism. This isn't only in the US either but the land of the free and the home of the brave is the most legislated society on the planet. Americans, for all their Second Amendment rights and 'cold dead hands' bluster, they need their laws and they crave for new laws.



User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 7012
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Antifa Now Terrorists

Post by tamada » August 7, 2020, 9:44 am

AlexO wrote:
June 1, 2020, 1:20 pm
glalt wrote:
June 1, 2020, 10:02 am
The ANTIFA group of idiots are not smart enough to organize these riots themselves. With them being designated as terrorists, the government can go after those who are funding and organizing them. Perhaps some of the punks will no longer have the money to travel around the country causing trouble.
=D> =D> =D>

Good to see someone see's the real reason behind this move. Just a wee reminder for the Libtards, the Antifa did not just appear after Trump was elected, they have been causing fear, destruction and mayhem for years. They are anti democracy, anti free speach as well.
Regarding your claim of Antifa's "fear, destruction and mayhem for years" in the US, can you give a citation for that claim?

Once that's clarified, then maybe we can discuss the global scourge of boogaloo?

User avatar
AlexO
udonmap.com
Posts: 1193
Joined: June 8, 2015, 11:45 am
Location: Nong Lat Udon

Re: Antifa Now Terrorists

Post by AlexO » August 8, 2020, 7:21 am

tamada wrote:
August 7, 2020, 9:44 am
AlexO wrote:
June 1, 2020, 1:20 pm
glalt wrote:
June 1, 2020, 10:02 am
The ANTIFA group of idiots are not smart enough to organize these riots themselves. With them being designated as terrorists, the government can go after those who are funding and organizing them. Perhaps some of the punks will no longer have the money to travel around the country causing trouble.
=D> =D> =D>

Good to see someone see's the real reason behind this move. Just a wee reminder for the Libtards, the Antifa did not just appear after Trump was elected, they have been causing fear, destruction and mayhem for years. They are anti democracy, anti free speach as well.
Regarding your claim of Antifa's "fear, destruction and mayhem for years" in the US, can you give a citation for that claim?

Once that's clarified, then maybe we can discuss the global scourge of boogaloo?
Tam, not even worthy of an answer. Just keep supporting the guys in masks etc, what ever makes you happy. As an aside please demonstrate with an example of any one of these halfwits entering into a reasoned discussion with anyone of slightly differing views.

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 7012
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Antifa Now Terrorists

Post by tamada » August 8, 2020, 7:56 pm

AlexO wrote:
August 8, 2020, 7:21 am
tamada wrote:
August 7, 2020, 9:44 am
AlexO wrote:
June 1, 2020, 1:20 pm
glalt wrote:
June 1, 2020, 10:02 am
The ANTIFA group of idiots are not smart enough to organize these riots themselves. With them being designated as terrorists, the government can go after those who are funding and organizing them. Perhaps some of the punks will no longer have the money to travel around the country causing trouble.
=D> =D> =D>

Good to see someone see's the real reason behind this move. Just a wee reminder for the Libtards, the Antifa did not just appear after Trump was elected, they have been causing fear, destruction and mayhem for years. They are anti democracy, anti free speach as well.
Regarding your claim of Antifa's "fear, destruction and mayhem for years" in the US, can you give a citation for that claim?

Once that's clarified, then maybe we can discuss the global scourge of boogaloo?
Tam, not even worthy of an answer. Just keep supporting the guys in masks etc, what ever makes you happy. As an aside please demonstrate with an example of any one of these halfwits entering into a reasoned discussion with anyone of slightly differing views.
So that's a no then. No evidence of Antifa's organised "fear, destruction and mayhem for years" in the US.

Ta
tam

User avatar
AlexO
udonmap.com
Posts: 1193
Joined: June 8, 2015, 11:45 am
Location: Nong Lat Udon

Re: Antifa Now Terrorists

Post by AlexO » August 8, 2020, 8:10 pm

tamada wrote:
August 8, 2020, 7:56 pm
AlexO wrote:
August 8, 2020, 7:21 am
tamada wrote:
August 7, 2020, 9:44 am
AlexO wrote:
June 1, 2020, 1:20 pm
glalt wrote:
June 1, 2020, 10:02 am
The ANTIFA group of idiots are not smart enough to organize these riots themselves. With them being designated as terrorists, the government can go after those who are funding and organizing them. Perhaps some of the punks will no longer have the money to travel around the country causing trouble.
=D> =D> =D>

Good to see someone see's the real reason behind this move. Just a wee reminder for the Libtards, the Antifa did not just appear after Trump was elected, they have been causing fear, destruction and mayhem for years. They are anti democracy, anti free speach as well.
Regarding your claim of Antifa's "fear, destruction and mayhem for years" in the US, can you give a citation for that claim?

Once that's clarified, then maybe we can discuss the global scourge of boogaloo?
Tam, not even worthy of an answer. Just keep supporting the guys in masks etc, what ever makes you happy. As an aside please demonstrate with an example of any one of these halfwits entering into a reasoned discussion with anyone of slightly differing views.
So that's a no then. No evidence of Antifa's organised "fear, destruction and mayhem for years" in the US.

Ta
tam
No its not Tam, and you well know what we are talking about. Really surprised that an educated person like you still tries to score silly wee points same as the upside down guys.

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 7012
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Antifa Now Terrorists

Post by tamada » August 9, 2020, 9:21 am

Here's what happens when an incumbent president doesn't feel the need to listen to the people any more.

Belarus opposition member briefly detained on eve of presidential election

MINSK (Reuters) - Belarus police briefly detained and then released a prominent member of the opposition challenging President Alexander Lukashenko in a presidential election, the campaign team said on Saturday.

Maria Kolesnikova was detained in what police said was a case of mistaken identity, the campaign team said in a statement. Police declined to comment immediately.

...Kolesnikova was originally a member of the campaign team for Viktor Babariko, the former head of a local bank who was detained after he launched his presidential bid.

After Babariko's arrest, Kolesnikova became the joint face of the opposition campaign backing Svetlana Tikhanouskaya, a former English teacher who entered the race after her husband, an anti-government blogger who intended to run, was jailed.


https://www.reuters.com/article/us-bela ... SKCN2540WG

User avatar
papafarang
udonmap.com
Posts: 3038
Joined: August 2, 2013, 10:14 am

Re: Antifa Now Terrorists

Post by papafarang » August 9, 2020, 10:02 am

Fuñny actually ,I was watching a program about ancient Rome. Graffiti was everywhere and it was seen as an acceptable form of political statements . now it makes you a terrorist .
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

glalt
udonmap.com
Posts: 2112
Joined: January 14, 2007, 10:35 am
Location: Nong Hin, Loei

Re: Antifa Now Terrorists

Post by glalt » August 9, 2020, 10:11 am

tamada wrote:
August 7, 2020, 9:44 am
AlexO wrote:
June 1, 2020, 1:20 pm
glalt wrote:
June 1, 2020, 10:02 am
The ANTIFA group of idiots are not smart enough to organize these riots themselves. With them being designated as terrorists, the government can go after those who are funding and organizing them. Perhaps some of the punks will no longer have the money to travel around the country causing trouble.
=D> =D> =D>

Good to see someone see's the real reason behind this move. Just a wee reminder for the Libtards, the Antifa did not just appear after Trump was elected, they have been causing fear, destruction and mayhem for years. They are anti democracy, anti free speach as well.
Regarding your claim of Antifa's "fear, destruction and mayhem for years" in the US, can you give a citation for that claim?

Once that's clarified, then maybe we can discuss the global scourge of boogaloo?
Are you able to read? Maybe not. At the very least you are able to view video clips. Anyone with even a bit of sense can see that these groups are out to destroy the very things that hard working people were able to build. If you want to defund anything, it should be to defund these destructive groups. Logic should tell you that these terrorists have no jobs. Where do they get the money to travel from city to city.

User avatar
papafarang
udonmap.com
Posts: 3038
Joined: August 2, 2013, 10:14 am

Re: Antifa Now Terrorists

Post by papafarang » August 9, 2020, 10:35 am

Unemployed terrorists ? Where do they get their money from ? After a hard think about it I guess it comes out of their weekly allowance from mum and dad. Its not like you need much , bus ticket into town , can of spray paint from Walmart terrorist supplies and a lighter . game on .
The FBI stated that much of the violence was from white nationalist infiltration. Sneaky move :lol:
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 7012
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Antifa Now Terrorists

Post by tamada » August 9, 2020, 11:15 am

glalt wrote:
August 9, 2020, 10:11 am
tamada wrote:
August 7, 2020, 9:44 am
AlexO wrote:
June 1, 2020, 1:20 pm
glalt wrote:
June 1, 2020, 10:02 am
The ANTIFA group of idiots are not smart enough to organize these riots themselves. With them being designated as terrorists, the government can go after those who are funding and organizing them. Perhaps some of the punks will no longer have the money to travel around the country causing trouble.
=D> =D> =D>

Good to see someone see's the real reason behind this move. Just a wee reminder for the Libtards, the Antifa did not just appear after Trump was elected, they have been causing fear, destruction and mayhem for years. They are anti democracy, anti free speach as well.
Regarding your claim of Antifa's "fear, destruction and mayhem for years" in the US, can you give a citation for that claim?

Once that's clarified, then maybe we can discuss the global scourge of boogaloo?
Are you able to read? Maybe not. At the very least you are able to view video clips. Anyone with even a bit of sense can see that these groups are out to destroy the very things that hard working people were able to build. If you want to defund anything, it should be to defund these destructive groups. Logic should tell you that these terrorists have no jobs. Where do they get the money to travel from city to city.
Yes I do read and due to my superior Scottish education I read well and broadly whereas you appear to watch the same YouTube channels a lot.

Now two Antifa antagonists have failed to offer any citation for their assertion of Antifa's "fear, destruction and mayhem for years" in the US. For those that watch videos; I have highlighted the bit that I am interested in a response to.

So armed with the same internet connection and browsers that y'all have, and searching for evidence of this decades-long US domestic terrorism, I found the following wiki.

Dartmouth College historian Mark Bray, author of Antifa: The Anti-Fascist Handbook, credits the ARA as the precursor of modern antifa groups in the United States. In the late 1980s and 1990s, ARA activists toured with popular punk rock and skinhead bands in order to prevent Klansmen, neo-Nazis and other assorted white supremacists from recruiting. Their motto was "We go where they go" by which they meant that they would confront far-right activists in concerts and actively remove their materials from public places. In 2002, the ARA disrupted a speech in Pennsylvania by Matthew F. Hale, the head of the white supremacist group World Church of the Creator, resulting in a fight and twenty-five arrests. One of the earliest antifa groups in the United States was Rose City Antifa which was formed in Portland, Oregon in 2007. Other antifa groups in the United States have other genealogies. In Minneapolis, Minnesota, a group called the Baldies was formed in 1987 with the intent to fight neo-Nazi groups directly.

So your alleged "fear, destruction and mayhem" was actually normal folks, probably mostly white, preventing white supremacists from fomenting hate among youth at punk music concerts. [insert ROFLMAO emoticon here]

As to your idea to "defund these destructive groups", even the mighty AG can't identify any group to legally prosecute. Further enlightenment from the same wiki follows.

During the George Floyd protests in May and June 2020, President Donald Trump and Attorney General William Barr have blamed antifa for orchestrating the mass protests, but federal arrests show no sign that any singular antifa group plotted the protests. There have been repeated calls from Trump, Barr and others to designate antifa as a terrorist organization. Academics, legal experts and scholars argue that antifa cannot be designated as it would be a violation of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution and there is no legal authority to designate a wholly domestic organization.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antifa_(United_States)

Here's some further reading.

What Is Antifa? Separating Fact From Fiction
https://www.wbur.org/hereandnow/2020/06 ... p-protests

What is antifa and why is Donald Trump targeting it?
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... esignation

What – or who – is antifa?
https://theconversation.com/what-or-who ... ifa-140147

Of course you can always stay in your comfortable, affirmation echo chamber of YouTube.

User avatar
trekkertony
udonmap.com
Posts: 606
Joined: November 28, 2007, 4:25 am
Location: Australia

Re: Antifa Now Terrorists

Post by trekkertony » August 9, 2020, 12:52 pm

Tamada,
The decision to classify Antifa as a domestic terrorist group aside, l would be interested in knowing your views on the level of anarchy in the USA and whether you see it as a justifable means to a desired outcome

User avatar
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com
Posts: 5399
Joined: October 14, 2013, 4:39 pm

Re: Antifa Now Terrorists

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 9, 2020, 2:02 pm

To think all this started back in 1967 .. and the warbling goddess Anifa Harris

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDnvphd3eiI

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 7012
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Antifa Now Terrorists

Post by tamada » August 9, 2020, 4:04 pm

trekkertony wrote:
August 9, 2020, 12:52 pm
Tamada,
The decision to classify Antifa as a domestic terrorist group aside, l would be interested in knowing your views on the level of anarchy in the USA and whether you see it as a justifable means to a desired outcome
I would ask what "level of anarchy in the USA" are we talking about here? It's not even headline news any more.

Peaceful protest is always desirable but TBH the jury is still out on the question of exactly who was committing the most violent actions and stirring the pot. The Minneapolis "Umbrella Man" being a case in point.

User avatar
AlexO
udonmap.com
Posts: 1193
Joined: June 8, 2015, 11:45 am
Location: Nong Lat Udon

Re: Antifa Now Terrorists

Post by AlexO » August 9, 2020, 9:29 pm

Dartmouth College historian Mark Bray, author of Antifa: The Anti-Fascist Handbook, credits the ARA as the precursor of modern antifa groups in the United States. In the late 1980s and 1990s, ARA activists toured with popular punk rock and skinhead bands in order to prevent Klansmen, neo-Nazis and other assorted white supremacists from recruiting. Their motto was "We go where they go" by which they meant that they would confront far-right activists in concerts and actively remove their materials from public places. In 2002, the ARA disrupted a speech in Pennsylvania by Matthew F. Hale, the head of the white supremacist group World Church of the Creator, resulting in a fight and twenty-five arrests. One of the earliest antifa groups in the United States was Rose City Antifa which was formed in Portland, Oregon in 2007. Other antifa groups in the United States have other genealogies. In Minneapolis, Minnesota, a group called the Baldies was formed in 1987 with the intent to fight neo-Nazi groups directly.


Your own post confirms it Tam, "confront", "actively remove", "resulting in a fight", "intent to fight". Just because you do not agree with someone else's views/thoughts on the World does not entitle you to force your views on them by violence.

jackspratt
udonmap.com
Posts: 11929
Joined: July 2, 2006, 5:29 pm

Re: Antifa Now Terrorists

Post by jackspratt » August 10, 2020, 8:54 am

AlexO wrote:
August 9, 2020, 9:29 pm
........... "confront", "actively remove", "resulting in a fight", "intent to fight". Just because you do not agree with someone else's views/thoughts on the World does not entitle you to force your views on them by violence.
Sounds a lot like Trump's actions leading up to his bible thumping photo-op in front of St John's Church.

Image

User avatar
Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com
Posts: 5670
Joined: February 7, 2007, 9:12 am
Location: ຫຼວງພຣະບາງ, ວຽງຈັນ, ສະຫວັນນະເຂດ, ສ.ປ.ປ; ໂຕຮວນໂຕ (โทรอนโต), ແຄນາດາ (แคนาดา)

Re: Antifa Now Terrorists

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » August 10, 2020, 9:24 am

jackspratt wrote:
August 10, 2020, 8:54 am
AlexO wrote:
August 9, 2020, 9:29 pm
........... "confront", "actively remove", "resulting in a fight", "intent to fight". Just because you do not agree with someone else's views/thoughts on the World does not entitle you to force your views on them by violence.
Sounds a lot like Trump's actions leading up to his bible thumping photo-op in front of St John's Church.

Image

The horses need to adjust their shields somewhat lower to protect themselves against the virus
ເຮົາຈະລ່ວງພັ້ນຄວາມຕາຍໄປ່ບໍ່ໄດ

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 7012
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Antifa Now Terrorists

Post by tamada » August 10, 2020, 10:49 am

AlexO wrote:
August 9, 2020, 9:29 pm
Dartmouth College historian Mark Bray, author of Antifa: The Anti-Fascist Handbook, credits the ARA as the precursor of modern antifa groups in the United States. In the late 1980s and 1990s, ARA activists toured with popular punk rock and skinhead bands in order to prevent Klansmen, neo-Nazis and other assorted white supremacists from recruiting. Their motto was "We go where they go" by which they meant that they would confront far-right activists in concerts and actively remove their materials from public places. In 2002, the ARA disrupted a speech in Pennsylvania by Matthew F. Hale, the head of the white supremacist group World Church of the Creator, resulting in a fight and twenty-five arrests. One of the earliest antifa groups in the United States was Rose City Antifa which was formed in Portland, Oregon in 2007. Other antifa groups in the United States have other genealogies. In Minneapolis, Minnesota, a group called the Baldies was formed in 1987 with the intent to fight neo-Nazi groups directly.


Your own post confirms it Tam, "confront", "actively remove", "resulting in a fight", "intent to fight". Just because you do not agree with someone else's views/thoughts on the World does not entitle you to force your views on them by violence.
As js already pointed out, a bit like DJT sending in the shock troops to violently disperse a bunch of people who hadn't even begun to protest so he could "force" the view that he is only doing God's work before the sun went down.

But (almost) back on topic, the whole nation was built on rebellion, change and subsequent re-invention. Even Belarus has got the memo. Maybe Lukashenko had his political opponents banged up because he said they're terrorists? Just waiting for his Ceausescu moment.
Last edited by tamada on August 10, 2020, 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

the-monk
udonmap.com
Posts: 764
Joined: August 20, 2012, 4:56 am

Re: Antifa Now Terrorists

Post by the-monk » August 10, 2020, 10:50 am

Now they can get reinforcement from the Maple Leafs GOONS.

User avatar
papafarang
udonmap.com
Posts: 3038
Joined: August 2, 2013, 10:14 am

Re: Antifa Now Terrorists

Post by papafarang » August 10, 2020, 12:26 pm

Better send some Red coats to deal with these colonial upstarts . antifa Boston tea party . they were told it would all end in tears . seems the righteous right are a right bunch of snowflakes :lol:
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

User avatar
AlexO
udonmap.com
Posts: 1193
Joined: June 8, 2015, 11:45 am
Location: Nong Lat Udon

Re: Antifa Now Terrorists

Post by AlexO » August 10, 2020, 9:50 pm

jackspratt wrote:
August 10, 2020, 8:54 am
AlexO wrote:
August 9, 2020, 9:29 pm
........... "confront", "actively remove", "resulting in a fight", "intent to fight". Just because you do not agree with someone else's views/thoughts on the World does not entitle you to force your views on them by violence.
Sounds a lot like Trump's actions leading up to his bible thumping photo-op in front of St John's Church.

Image
Prat, if you read the whole of Tams post you will realise eventually that the ANTIFA have been around a lot longer than the current POTUS has been in politics. He is not the first one agree to deploy police in riot gear to prevent these anarchist's from running RIOT so to say. You might even realise that it is normally local Governors who authorize the deployment of police forces. POTUS power tends to be Federal not local.

Post Reply

Return to “U.S. Politics”