Will Donald Trump’s Nobel Peace Prize 2021 nomination further divide Udonmap forumites

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Will Donald Trump’s Nobel Peace Prize 2021 nomination further divide Udonmap forumites

Post by trekkertony » September 9, 2020, 6:08 pm

Norwegian Parliament is recognising what many refuse to see, Donald Trump should be acknowledged for his and the envoys efforts in bringing peace between Israel and UAE. Now for the Udonmap naysayers to rail against this nomination.

samsam
udonmap.com

Re: Will Donald Trump’s Nobel Peace Prize 2021 nomination further divide Udonmap forumites

Post by samsam » September 9, 2020, 6:12 pm

You funny man, nobody in Norway knows that😂

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: Will Donald Trump’s Nobel Peace Prize 2021 nomination further divide Udonmap forumites

Post by stattointhailand » September 9, 2020, 6:26 pm

Has Trump bombed Israel ?? Never gonna see peace in Israel until someone wipes it of the face of the earth

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » September 9, 2020, 6:29 pm

AF0F92F5-7D52-4359-B194-0DE4ECFB46A8.jpeg
According to the statutes of the Nobel Foundation, a nomination is considered valid if it is submitted by a person who falls within one of the following categories:
  • Members of national assemblies and national governments (cabinet members/ministers) of sovereign states as well as current heads of states
    Members of The International Court of Justice in The Hague and The Permanent Court of Arbitration in The Hague
    Members of l’Institut de Droit International
    Members of the international board of the Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom
    University professors, professors emeriti and associate professors of history, social sciences, law, philosophy, theology, and religion; university rectors and university directors (or their equivalents); directors of peace research institutes and foreign policy institutes
    Persons who have been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize
    Members of the main board of directors or its equivalent of organizations that have been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize
    Current and former members of the Norwegian Nobel Committee (proposals by current members of the Committee to be submitted no later than at the first meeting of the Committee after 1 February)
    Former advisers to the Norwegian Nobel Committee
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 9, 2020, 6:34 pm

The Nobel Peace Prize isn't awarded by the Norwegian parliament.

Trump has been nominated by a single right-wing Norwegian parliamentarian.

He's been passed over the past couple of years but the Israel-UAE accords are hardly ground shaking.

But please carry on and knock yourself out on this balloon chase. After all, Trump badly wants to be right up there with Roosevelt, Wilson and Obama.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 9, 2020, 7:19 pm

To answer the OP's question - no, the intelligent section of the UM forum recognise that Trump is a lying, blustering, law evading bullshiiter.

Happy to help.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » September 9, 2020, 7:25 pm

No true leader seeks accolades. Whatever happened with that guy from North Korea, what's his name again? I doubt anyone here is going to get too worked up over a "nomination".
Last edited by Kenr6583 on September 9, 2020, 8:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » September 9, 2020, 7:49 pm

Trekker
A, what would seem, a controversial nomination only always brings out the best in commentators.
From comments about the nominee to the intelligence level of those who may support the nomination.
Twisting the narrative to suit the detractors.
There have been plenty of nominations over the decades who are totally undeserving to even be nominated to the actual surprise of others whom have actually one the peace prize.
I suppose Trump will donate the million prize money as per his current salary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 9, 2020, 8:16 pm

Gandhi was nominated numerous times, but missed the gong.

When compared to such a light weight as Gandhi, Trump obviously stands out, and would be a well deserved winner.

His million bucks prize might cover the cost of one of his eponymous golfing trips.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » September 9, 2020, 9:42 pm

jackspratt wrote:
September 9, 2020, 8:16 pm

When compared to such a light weight as Gandhi, Trump obviously stands out, and would be a well deserved winner.

His million bucks prize might cover the cost of one of his eponymous golfing trips.
As for Gandhi, one might wonder how the world would have judged him if they knew he was sleeping beside the young girls, Manu and Abha, to test his ability to resist sex. And, they were not the only ones to share his bed. Orwell, for one, might have had to re-write his assessment of the great man: 'Compared with the other leading political leaders of our time, how clean a smell he has managed to leave behind'.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-ente ... 37411.html
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » September 9, 2020, 9:51 pm

trekkertony wrote:
September 9, 2020, 6:08 pm
Norwegian Parliament is recognising what many refuse to see, Donald Trump should be acknowledged for his and the envoys efforts in bringing peace between Israel and UAE. Now for the Udonmap naysayers to rail against this nomination.
TROLLING TIME AGAIN!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 10, 2020, 8:45 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
September 9, 2020, 9:42 pm

As for Gandhi, one might wonder how the world would have judged him if they knew he was sleeping beside the young girls, Manu and Abha, to test his ability to resist sex.
Young girls?

From my quick reading, they were both at least 18 when they were sleeping with Gandhi.

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » September 10, 2020, 8:52 am

Fact Checking:

Trump Nominated by this Guy, anyone else see any similarities between them........assume Putin made him do it!!!

Christian Tybring-Gjedde

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Tybring-Gjedde

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » September 10, 2020, 8:55 am

for easier reading:

Christian Tybring-Gjedde

He is most widely known for his opposition to immigration, especially Muslim immigration, and has claimed that Norway is a victim of "sneaking Islamization" and that Muslim immigrants are "threatening Norwegian culture".[1] In 2010 he wrote that "we don't believe in multiculture" and claimed that immigration of non-ethnic Norwegians is "idiocy".[2] On climate change he has stated that "I don't believe in the climate hysteria".[3] He believes immigration policy to be the single most important political issue facing Norwegian society.[4] In 2014 he released his book about immigration politics titled Mens orkesteret fortsetter å spille (While the orchestra continues to play).[5][6] In foreign policy he has supported Vladimir Putin and criticized the sanctions against Russia that the conservatives pushed for; he has also said the west should recognise the Russian occupation and annexation of Crimea.[7][8][9][10][11] He has been sharply critical of United States foreign policy prior to the election of Donald Trump.[12] In 2018 and 2020 he put forward Trump's name as a candidate for the Nobel Peace Prize; any member of parliament may propose candidates.[13]

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » September 10, 2020, 9:09 am

So let me get this right ,Trump the admitted sexual predator and groper is a good guy ,but Gandhi was a bad man because he slept NEXT to two women to test his faith. Oh my Buddha. Next thing it will be trumps charity that he ripped off money from was OK because people that donated were suckers and losers . the world is a strange place when people of low moral character are held in high esteem . Rednecks for Trump 2020 :lol: . what I think Trump has done is expose people for what they really are , scum of the earth . on the bright side is we all know he didn't get the popular vote which still means most Americans still have some moral fiber
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » September 10, 2020, 10:19 am

if the u.k. can ever drain it's swamp , maybe someone from there could get nominated. between the house of commons & house of lords
1,300 odd career grifters prattle on , while the
stench of corruption and malfeasance lingers. the
u.k. tabloids call it " sleaze" . bottomless cesspool

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 10, 2020, 10:46 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
September 9, 2020, 9:42 pm
jackspratt wrote:
September 9, 2020, 8:16 pm

As for Gandhi, one might wonder how the world would have judged him if they knew he was sleeping beside the young girls, Manu and Abha, to test his ability to resist sex. And, they were not the only ones to share his bed. Orwell, for one, might have had to re-write his assessment of the great man: 'Compared with the other leading political leaders of our time, how clean a smell he has managed to leave behind'.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-ente ... 37411.html
Thanks for the link LYM, most illuminating.

With regard to my own relentless search for enlightenment and inner peace, Mrs tam's nieces are 20 and 22 so I will let you know how I get on with the test.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » September 10, 2020, 12:12 pm

I think Trump and Kim Jong-un should jointly get the big award. They have both put on an awesome show over the last few years. If not a Nobel, then perhaps an Oscar for each of them.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » September 10, 2020, 12:29 pm

GT93 wrote:
September 10, 2020, 12:12 pm
I think Trump and Kim Jong-un should jointly get the big award. They have both put on an awesome show over the last few years. If not a Nobel, then perhaps an Oscar for each of them.
Definitely an Oscar. It's been entertaining to say the least! And I think Trump would be okay with an Oscar because that is "big league" or is it "BIGLY"!

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » September 10, 2020, 1:10 pm

anefarious1 wrote:
September 10, 2020, 12:29 pm
GT93 wrote:
September 10, 2020, 12:12 pm
Definitely an Oscar. It's been entertaining to say the least! And I think Trump would be okay with an Oscar because that is "big league" or is it "BIGLY"!
I'll go with that , best supporting actor but Kim gets first. They might even get one for best screen play :lol:
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Return to “U.S. Politics”