The Corruption of Trump

jackspratt
udonmap.com

The Corruption of Trump

Post by jackspratt » July 31, 2021, 8:23 am

I have started a new topic for this, as I am confident it will build up into a lengthy thread over the next few months.
Donald Trump's tax records to be released, damaging memo disclosed on DOJ's orders

Key points:
- During Mr Trump's presidency the Justice Department had invoked executive privilege to skirt congressional scrutiny
- The department has ordered the IRS to hand over Mr Trump's tax returns to a congressional committee
- The moves make it easier for congressional investigators to interview key witnesses and collect evidence against Mr Trump

Former United States president Donald Trump has suffered a pair of setbacks, with the Department of Justice clearing the way for the release of his tax records and also disclosing a memo showing he urged top officials to falsely claim his election defeat was "corrupt".....

.....The newly released notes detail a December 27 phonecall in which Jeffrey Rosen, who was appointed as acting attorney-general a few days later, is quoted as telling Mr Trump: "Understand that the DOJ can't + won't snap its fingers + change the outcome of the election."

"Don't expect you to do that," Mr Trump replied.

"Just say that the election was corrupt + leave the rest to me and the R. Congressmen," in a reference to Republican politicians........
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-31/ ... /100339562

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: The Corruption of Trump

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 31, 2021, 8:29 am

Being impartial on this subject and as a point of note

As nothing is proven YET ..shouldnt the topic header be .. The ALLEGED Corruption of Trump ??

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 31, 2021, 8:48 am

I would think more accurately the Corruption of a Major Political party the GOP aka republican party fuelled by the constant drip drip of lies, falsehoods and downright stupidity . Reading the news from various sources the actions of not only GOP senators has to be seen to be believed but also many statements from GOP States beggars logical belief.

I never followed politics in the USA, but now it is so openly, idiotic and stupid one has to wonder at the intelligence and future of its over 300 million Population with attempts to deny Voting rights enjoyed by most Europeans regardless of Race or Colour,.

America is showing the world it is becoming more and more racist each and every day ignoring the Great Constitution of America. amazing .

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » July 31, 2021, 9:10 am

jackspratt wrote:
July 31, 2021, 8:23 am
I have started a new topic for this, as I am confident it will build up into a lengthy thread over the next few months.
Donald Trump's tax records to be released, damaging memo disclosed on DOJ's orders

Key points:
- During Mr Trump's presidency the Justice Department had invoked executive privilege to skirt congressional scrutiny
- The department has ordered the IRS to hand over Mr Trump's tax returns to a congressional committee
- The moves make it easier for congressional investigators to interview key witnesses and collect evidence against Mr Trump

Former United States president Donald Trump has suffered a pair of setbacks, with the Department of Justice clearing the way for the release of his tax records and also disclosing a memo showing he urged top officials to falsely claim his election defeat was "corrupt".....

.....The newly released notes detail a December 27 phonecall in which Jeffrey Rosen, who was appointed as acting attorney-general a few days later, is quoted as telling Mr Trump: "Understand that the DOJ can't + won't snap its fingers + change the outcome of the election."

"Don't expect you to do that," Mr Trump replied.

"Just say that the election was corrupt + leave the rest to me and the R. Congressmen," in a reference to Republican politicians........
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-31/ ... /100339562
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » July 31, 2021, 9:12 am

Jeez, another Trump thread, come on, enough already. He's done. By the time of the next election he'll be as old as as as Biden is now.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » July 31, 2021, 9:45 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
July 31, 2021, 9:12 am
Jeez, another Trump thread, come on, enough already. He's done. By the time of the next election he'll be as old as as as Biden is now.
And hopefully in jail, and bankrupt.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » July 31, 2021, 10:45 am

Think about it. Do you really believe that Trump is anymore corrupt than most of the other politicians?

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » July 31, 2021, 10:52 am

https://www.irs.gov/irm/part9/irm_09-00 ... ivil%20Tax

It should be noted that the IRS has been in possession of Donald J. Trump's tax records and all those of his various companies forever. Those parties are audited just about every year. The IRS has the authority to impose civil and criminal penalties and fines. They probably would have done something by now after 40+ years if there was something afoot.

The IRS has authority that the House of Representatives and US Senate do not have. Those two government bodies can subpoena and exercise oversight of government agencies. They cannot charge or indict. They cannot arrest. They cannot seize. But they can make another political circus out of it.

It is time to revisit viewtopic.php?p=622082#p622082
"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 31, 2021, 10:57 am

glalt wrote:
July 31, 2021, 10:45 am
Think about it. Do you really believe that Trump is anymore corrupt than most of the other politicians?
Yes - on a nuclear scale.

Any financial corruption will be long outlived by his insidious and narcissistic corruption of political norms, and by extension, democracy.

And its flow-on effect to other countries around the world, where disputing otherwise unexceptional elections is becoming far more frequent, and therefore troubling.

A pox on him for that.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 31, 2021, 11:58 am

jackspratt wrote:
July 31, 2021, 10:57 am
glalt wrote:
July 31, 2021, 10:45 am
Yes - on a nuclear scale.

Any ALLEGED financial corruption will be long outlived by his insidious and narcissistic corruption of political norms, and by extension, democracy.

And its flow-on effect to other countries around the world, where disputing otherwise unexceptional elections is becoming far more frequent, and therefore troubling.

A pox on him for that.
Edited above Jack .. im here to help keep things fair n balanced ..

DM

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 31, 2021, 12:52 pm

I doubt theres any need to use the Allegedly card DM as every time he opens his gob he pleads guilty

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » July 31, 2021, 12:57 pm

Uncle Joe and his son are hardly squeaky clean. I'd say they equal Trump, maybe worse.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » July 31, 2021, 1:05 pm

glalt wrote:
July 31, 2021, 12:57 pm
Uncle Joe and his son are hardly squeaky clean. I'd say they equal Trump, maybe worse.
Absolute BS.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 31, 2021, 1:06 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
July 31, 2021, 12:52 pm
I doubt theres any need to use the Allegedly card DM as every time he opens his gob he pleads guilty
Maybe so Statto ..but even with some in the minority with an obvious hatred for Trump until its proven we should use the term alleged....shouldnt we ?..alas ONLY because it is Trump they have already ordered the nails for his crucifixion.

Cant say ive met many honest lawyers or politicians yet .. most have been as bent as a dogs back leg .. allegedly.

Gliat .. exactly ..same goes for Joe n Hunter Biden .. allegedly .... but heads turn n eyes look elsewhere for some reason.

DM

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » July 31, 2021, 1:11 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
July 31, 2021, 1:06 pm
stattointhailand wrote:
July 31, 2021, 12:52 pm
Maybe so Statto ..but even with some in the minority with an obvious hatred for Trump until its proven we should use the term alleged....shouldnt we ?..alas ONLY because it is Trump they have already ordered the nails for his crucifixion.

Cant say ive met many honest lawyers or politicians yet .. most have been as bent as a dogs back leg .. allegedly.

Gliat .. exactly ..same goes for Joe n Hunter Biden .. allegedly .... but heads turn n eyes look elsewhere for some reason.

DM
Well don't know about Hunter, but Joe's tax returns are public knowledge..so what's he hiding????
Trump on the other hand!!!!!

Return to “U.S. Politics”