Tulsi's done

Post by tamada » October 18, 2022, 9:29 pm

'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Re: Tulsi's done

Post by Potamoi » October 19, 2022, 7:05 am

I think she is on to something. She might not benefit herself for her move but others may.

This 2hr 16min conversation gives some insight on the woman' s views:
https://open.spotify.com/episode/1DfigK ... c7baf14029

This little CNN (spit) snippet shows her gumption:

The two party system in the US simply needs to give way to a more modern and functioning system. Unfortunately, until the special interest groups paying both major parties for future favours are somehow kept at bay this will not happen. Tulsi may be just the woman to help the average citizen by shining a spotlight on the permanent Washington overlords.
I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt
Maurice Switzer *(assumed)

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 19, 2022, 7:18 am

Whatever the outcome, with a Population exceeding 300 million plus, if they are stupid enough to allow the current system to continue, they will reap what they sow. Good riddance to them Number 45 showed the world just how ignorant Mr and Mrs Average American is !!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 19, 2022, 7:23 am

I recall her being portrayed as one of the Democrat's rising stars for the future during the hustings for Biden's VP candidates but most pundits reckoned her time was yet to come.

At least she's not crossing the floor but I wonder what Fox (hawk...spit) are making of her 'defection'.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » October 19, 2022, 10:03 am

She is not the only democrat jumping off a sinking ship. At this point, blaming Trump for all the problems is worn out. The upcoming election will be interesting to say the least.

Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Post by Potamoi » October 19, 2022, 10:12 am

Khun Paul wrote:
October 19, 2022, 7:18 am
Whatever the outcome, with a Population exceeding 300 million plus, if they are stupid enough to allow the current system to continue, they will reap what they sow. Good riddance to them Number 45 showed the world just how ignorant Mr and Mrs Average American is !!
Shoo xenophobic fly.

Let's try and keep to the subject at hand and examine more about Tulsi Gabbard.

Her YouTube channel is as good of place to start as any. Here are a couple of samples of this woman's thoughts:

The republicans don't have the market cornered on shady politics. IMHO if the DNC would have kept out of her way the US would be in a far better place. Perhaps the future will have enough independents to make a difference.
tamada wrote:
October 19, 2022, 7:23 am
I recall her being portrayed as one of the Democrat's rising stars for the future during the hustings for Biden's VP candidates but most pundits reckoned her time was yet to come.

At least she's not crossing the floor but I wonder what Fox (hawk...spit) are making of her 'defection'.
I don't watch FOX much and don't agree with this fella most of the time but to your point it sounds like FOX thinks she did the right thing. Not sure if having FOX on one's side is always a good thing. Her part has a clip at 8:50 then the live part at 10:22 if you don't have the stomach for Tucker Carlson's blab.

I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt
Maurice Switzer *(assumed)

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » October 19, 2022, 6:59 pm

When a Dem curves to the Right you can bet Fox and plenty of other Repubs are going to dance about lauding what a great person they are.. Conversely when a Repub curves to the Left or has views that coincide with the Dems you can bet they too will be lauded as heroic (Liz Cheney anyone?).. While I agree with some of Tulsi's views she's got plenty more that I disagree with although not strongly...
Dave

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » October 19, 2022, 7:11 pm

Good summation, FDK.

While - as someone expressed above - she hasn't crossed the floor, IMO she appears to have a foot on either side of the aisle.

Is there an election coming up for which she might be a candidate?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 19, 2022, 8:27 pm

Yes, but that aisle is in the middle, no? Her move is away from the polarizing, self-destructive extremes that's dominating politics in the US and elsewhere.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » October 20, 2022, 3:07 pm

well, when Tulsi does an interview with the Right wing squeaky voiced demon himself, Tucker Carlson, I don't see that as a move away from polarizing politics... Seems she is doing the rounds of all the outlets to burnish her personae.. She is an articulate and attractive person. I give her credit due for still being in the military... Perhaps she will drift back full center and be a rational voice in the political wilderness. That remains to be seen.
Dave

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 20, 2022, 5:55 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:
October 20, 2022, 3:07 pm
well, when Tulsi does an interview with the Right wing squeaky voiced demon himself, Tucker Carlson, I don't see that as a move away from polarizing politics... Seems she is doing the rounds of all the outlets to burnish her personae.. She is an articulate and attractive person. I give her credit due for still being in the military... Perhaps she will drift back full center and be a rational voice in the political wilderness. That remains to be seen.
Fox frequently invites the more eloquent members of "the enemy" to come in and make their case. I consider that one of their (few) redeeming factors. I may be wrong but we don't see too many left-leaning media platforms inviting the likes of Jim Jordan or Ted Cruz on their shows and I doubt it's because they lack any eloquence.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » October 20, 2022, 6:49 pm

Tuylsi got out a square bladed barn shovel and proceeded to cover the Democratic party with manure.. Of course the Right Wing outlets would scramble to get interviews with her and gloat that she was almost ready to take that Red Pill. How about Liz Cheney or Adam Kitzinger? Googling MSNBC interview with.. shows both of them a number of times....
Dave

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » October 20, 2022, 6:54 pm

There is no doubt that if Jordan or Cruz wanted to dump a pile on the GOP they would be welcomed with open arms on MSNBC and CNN.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 20, 2022, 8:57 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:
October 20, 2022, 6:49 pm
Tuylsi got out a square bladed barn shovel and proceeded to cover the Democratic party with manure.. Of course the Right Wing outlets would scramble to get interviews with her and gloat that she was almost ready to take that Red Pill. How about Liz Cheney or Adam Kitzinger? Googling MSNBC interview with.. shows both of them a number of times....
They're both quite eloquent and I believe they are the only two Republicans on the January 6 Committee. So no big surprise that they get frequent invites to air Trump's dirty laundry on MSNBC. They make all the right noises as far as the Democrats are concerned.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » October 21, 2022, 2:53 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
I usually brush off comments like this, but in light of what's happening in UK politics these days (months), I'm surprised to see you choose not to comment on your own country's political turmoil.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 21, 2022, 3:45 pm

parrot wrote:
October 21, 2022, 2:53 pm
Khun Paul wrote:
I usually brush off comments like this, but in light of what's happening in UK politics these days (months), I'm surprised to see you choose not to comment on your own country's political turmoil.
Touché
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Return to “U.S. Politics”