saint
udonmap.com

Re: British PM to face No confidence vote tonight

Post by saint » December 19, 2018, 12:14 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
December 19, 2018, 11:33 am
vincemunday wrote:
December 19, 2018, 10:40 am
Totally disagree, we had the referendum, the vast majority of us knew what we were voting for and we had a subsequent election where candidates from all parties stood on pro Brexit tickets, time for us to walk away with no deal, anything else will be a total betrayal of the electorate and there will be riots like never seen before.
That's a lie Vince the "vast majority" just believed the pack of lies that they had been fed, and would never have voted for Brexit if they had known the truth.
When have we ever been told the truth . We are told either what they think we want to hear by one lot , or treated like mushrooms by the other lot .

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 19, 2018, 12:38 pm

dunroaming wrote:
December 19, 2018, 10:03 am
The only viable option is to bring the vote back to the British people with the options available and without the lies and scaremongering previous seen. We cannot rely on Parliament to do what's right for the common people, they are more concerned with their own agendas and forget the common people voted them in.
Agreeing with any call for a second (or third) referendum is an immense cop-out by the UK politicians who have been elected to serve the best interests of their respective electorates.They should stop fart-arsing around with their personal ambitions and empire building and just get on with the task at hand. Especially with such as rag tag band of undesirables masquerading as the Opposition, the Tories especially should be empowering Theresa May, not chopping her off at the knees at each and every opportunity.

There was a referendum, albeit a non-binding one that regardless of anyone knowing with any degree of certainty what their Brexit vote would actually entail, was erroneously presented as the decisive mandate to leave. We have to thank the gutless and gormless David Cameron for that svelte abdication built upon an obfuscation and his subsequent dereliction of duty. Unfortunately his successor, the 'quiet remainer' Theresa May, was never, ever the best candidate to manage this exit but through the collective and successive abdication of responsibility by Secretary of State and Brexit Managers Johnson, Davis and Raab, she is unfortunately the 'last man standing' and leader of the whole incredibly fragile and perilous venture as it slips beyond any hope of an 11th-hour change of heart in Brussels. Nobody's blinking right now.

She's gone as far as she can with the EU and private meetings with individual key EU leaders will no longer afford any ***** in their armor at this juncture. Her focus should be where every single elected British MP's focus should be, be they cabinet, back bench or opposition. She must resolve the current frisson with the DUP and get the whole raison d'être for this show-stopping 'back stop' expunged from the deal. With the DUP onside, at least half of the 117 quislings that voted against her in the recent, ill-conceived vanity of the 'vote of confidence' would change horses overnight. She would easily have the Parliamentary approval she needs to take to Brussels.

Who knows?... getting a resounding home approval may suddenly make the EU's steely resolve weaken a bit and their member states individually start to get a dose of the last-minute 'what if?' sh!ts themselves.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » December 19, 2018, 1:57 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
vincemunday wrote:
Totally disagree, we had the referendum, the vast majority of us knew what we were voting for and we had a subsequent election where candidates from all parties stood on pro Brexit tickets, time for us to walk away with no deal, anything else will be a total betrayal of the electorate and there will be riots like never seen before.
That's a lie Vince the "vast majority" just believed the pack of lies that they had been fed, and would never have voted for Brexit if they had known the truth.
Disagree Stats, I was traipsing the streets with Farage and UKIP actively promoting leave and I would say that in the main people knew exactly what they were voting for and of those i would say 90% were anti immigration, very few cared about the NHS or bugger all else, an uncomfortable truth but the truth nonetheless.

By the by I don't ever lie, as upsetting as that might be for some snowflakes I always tell it like it is.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 19, 2018, 3:45 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
vincemunday wrote:
And with the '£350 million' and the 'red bus' excluded, what exactly is the truth?

Each and every Eurosceptic has failed to step up to the plate and lead. They much prefer to meet under the auspices of the shadowy ERG (no published membership list) and have the unarguably eloquent, well-heeled and, with his calling of the B of E's Mark Carney as a 'failed second-tier politician', mostly sagacious Rees-Mogg as their spokesperson. All these Tory bank benchers are intent on one thing and that's not sh!tting in their political nests so early in their careers, more so with the imminent loss of the much sought after MEP boondoggle. With regard to Rees-Mogg, although not my flavor of politician, he lost the scant regard I held for him with his preposterous suggestion after his failed coup, that ‘The PM must realise under most constitutional norms she ought to go and see the Queen urgently and resign.’ In lieu of any Brexiteers willing to stick their heads above the parapet, if not Theresa May, then who?

Anyone?

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » December 19, 2018, 6:10 pm

The bus was bull$hit and Farage made that abundantly clear on several occasions, that was dreamt up by the Leave campaign and they should have been held to account for their lies but that's up to the electorate and the voters didn't seem that bothered about it at the last general election, let's not forget there were leave campaigners from all parties.

All i can say, hand on heart is that when we were out and about campaigning for Brexit, not one person mentioned the extra funding for the NHS, in the main the concerns were sovereignty the ECJ/ECHR and immigration.

The vote of no confidence in the PM was justified, her handling of Brexit has been a travesty, she needed something to focus her train of thought, that appears to have worked, shes's now looking for the legal assurances and failing that preparing for a managed hard Brexit. However i agree, JRM's response to her winning the vote of confidence was shoddy, the ERG were put in their place and they should have accepted the result graciously which JRM has since done, i think he thought about it and accepted the error of his ways and said as much at PMQT.

Where i really agree with you is that the main players, Cameron, Farage, BOJO etc all went awol or took a back seat and left TM to it, there were a couple of half hearted coup attempts along the way but who in their right minds would want to take over the exit negotiations? All in all she's done as good a job as anyone might and with the extra focus i'm hopeful we might exit the EU with a chance of a fair deal....i hope.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Sateeb
udonmap.com

Post by Sateeb » December 19, 2018, 9:10 pm

nickboyuk wrote:
December 18, 2018, 11:18 pm
Corbyn is an idiot and will never be fit to lead our country....
He appears to have called May "A stupid woman" during PMQs so he's just landed himself in the brown stuff. This won't go away easily.

yartims
udonmap.com

Post by yartims » December 19, 2018, 9:18 pm

diane abbot complains of too much abuse on twitter so i may need an account to join in the abuse of this half witted women with half a brain
the only good Tory is a lavatory

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » December 19, 2018, 9:32 pm

It's easy to knock her when she's in the driving seat but to me the command person she has more balls than any of them so far I would love to know who you think has bigger balls seems everyone happy to throw insults but no one is standing up

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » December 21, 2018, 2:57 pm

I dont agree with a fair amount of what Theresa May is doing but at least shes doing her best and trying to protect the UK economy.
People like Johnson,Rees-Mogg and Corbyn are sniping away but offer no alternative or credible option.
God help us if any of those three pieces of garbage became Prime Minister.
Better there was no referendum in the first place and the UK offered the EU x billion euros so we could control our immigration.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

vidmaster
udonmap.com

Post by vidmaster » December 21, 2018, 4:03 pm

May couldn’t negotiate her way out of a wet paper bag
We import billions more from EU and that’s our trump card and she can’t/ won’t see/ use it
Let it go to a no deal keep the €39 billion and go with WTO
The EU is living on borrowed time and the dominoes will start falling when we have gone
SORTED!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 21, 2018, 6:02 pm

vidmaster wrote:
December 21, 2018, 4:03 pm
May couldn’t negotiate her way out of a wet paper bag
We import billions more from EU and that’s our trump card and she can’t/ won’t see/ use it
Let it go to a no deal keep the €39 billion and go with WTO
The EU is living on borrowed time and the dominoes will start falling when we have gone
SORTED!!!!
She's doing a not bad job since each and every specially selected Minister for Brexit has thrown their toys out of the pram and quit, just like -----stirrer-in-chief BoJo. All these 'men' with all the right 'qualifications' to handle the extremely complicated withdrawal from the EU have come up short on both smarts and cojones. Useless twunts.

As I alluded earlier, if May gets the DUP onside and gets a thumping UK parliamentary approval, you will see and hear the loosening of EU bowels.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » December 21, 2018, 6:12 pm

Looks like they're beginning to loosen a bit anyway, the German Chamber of Commerce are very concerned at the prospect of a hard Brexit, with potentially 750,000 jobs on the line they are right to be, let's see if Merkel listens.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 21, 2018, 6:59 pm

vincemunday wrote:
December 21, 2018, 6:12 pm
Looks like they're beginning to loosen a bit anyway, the German Chamber of Commerce are very concerned at the prospect of a hard Brexit, with potentially 750,000 jobs on the line they are right to be, let's see if Merkel listens.
She'd better leave the dunny door open so that she can!

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » December 22, 2018, 4:12 am

Apparently Germany , or should i say MS Merkel has done nothing to advise German businesses on how to cope with a no deal Brexit as shes convinced the Brits will cave in and accept whats now on the table . If thats not just plain arrogant , im not sure what is .
The E U has just as much if not more than the U K to lose if a trade deal is not put into place .
Do the Germans want to see 30% of their nice shiny new cars rusting on the quay ? Do the Germans want to see their car plants put on a 3 day working week ? As most are in Bavaria and the far right are quite strong in that region , it would be chaos for the Germans .
The sooner we get away from these morons running Europe the better .
Its time for May to grow a pair and play hardball as our colonial friends might say, to get a legal time limit on the Irish backstop . Then, she will get her deal through the house , and Britain will able to grow once more .

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » December 22, 2018, 3:46 pm

It's a disaster for Britain. It's too bad they can't find a single leader in the entire country to make some sense of it.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » December 23, 2018, 11:28 am

Getting back control over your own immigration policies etc. is a disaster? I think the fear mongering is mainly nonsense. Sure there will be some spectacular mucks ups and transitional pain but it'll get patched up. I say good luck to the new UK.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 23, 2018, 7:12 pm

Giggle wrote:
December 22, 2018, 3:46 pm
It's a disaster for Britain. It's too bad they can't find a single leader in the entire country to make some sense of it.
Anyone else hear that? That annoying squeaking?

Must get the WD-40 out.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » December 23, 2018, 11:34 pm

Worthless Brittle windbags gonna get raped by the EU professionals. It's great entertainment. Bend over you sad twunts. Here it comes.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » January 8, 2019, 5:04 am

20190108-040646.jpg

Which side is telling the truth?
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 8, 2019, 7:13 pm

There's no doubt that 'Project Fear - Redux' is well underway but as for who's telling the God's honest... with both sides lips flapping, there's scant hope of either.

Return to “U.K.”