Re: British PM to face No confidence vote tonight

Post by tinpeeba » April 24, 2019, 2:26 am

Wasted vote.jpg

Bonanza
udonmap.com

Post by Bonanza » April 24, 2019, 6:36 am

Hi Tinpeeba,

I find the first of your posters historically confusing with the morphing of the Nazi party into UKIP into Brexiteers. Some mistake here surely? :oops: The Nazi party under Hitler wanted a complete European hegemony under German rule, whereas UKIP specifically wanted the opposite with UK out of this united Europe. Or are we rewriting histry again? :shock:

tinpeeba
udonmap.com

Post by tinpeeba » April 25, 2019, 3:24 am

HI Bonanza

To put the point of the poster simply:

Nazis = racist
UKIP = racist
Brexit party = racist

Racism and xenophobia is the same ---- that they have in common.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » April 25, 2019, 10:24 am

tinpeeba wrote:
April 25, 2019, 3:24 am
HI Bonanza

Nazis = racist
UKIP = racist
Brexit party = racist

Racism and xenophobia is the same **** that they have in common.
Why do you assume like many others that Brexit is about racism . Its not . Britain has had immigration long before joining the Common Market , and will continue to do so long after Brexit is sorted , if it ever gets sorted .

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » April 25, 2019, 10:43 am

What has Racism got to do the British PM ??? and a confidence vote ??

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 25, 2019, 12:22 pm

saint wrote:
April 25, 2019, 10:24 am
tinpeeba wrote:
April 25, 2019, 3:24 am
HI Bonanza

Nazis = racist
UKIP = racist
Brexit party = racist

Racism and xenophobia is the same **** that they have in common.
Why do you assume like many others that Brexit is about racism . Its not . Britain has had immigration long before joining the Common Market , and will continue to do so long after Brexit is sorted , if it ever gets sorted .
While nobody was paying much attention, the extreme right hijacked Brexit (the act) mandate to make it racist and xenophobic. Farage stood by and let it happen but rapidly distanced himself when he couldn't get UKIP's genie back in the bottle. Subsequently, beyond being the solitary MEP sniper in Strasbourg, he has sat on his hands. The stasis wrought of the Tories political infighting and some arbitrary grandstanding by members of the opposition (not just Labour) means that May's deal with the EU is in stuck in the rinse-and-repeat cycle. With the increasingly fractious EU now granting all sorts of arbitrary extensions for all sorts of reasons, Farage, ever the opportunist, has launched the good ship Brexit. Unfortunately all the very wrong people that he allowed onboard UKIP will be jumping to Brexit (the party), all for the same odious and fundamentally very wrong reasons.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 25, 2019, 12:27 pm

vlad wrote:
April 25, 2019, 10:43 am
What has Racism got to do the British PM ??? and a confidence vote ??
Sorry vlad. While you were away, this thread appears to have become the main vehicle for forum commentary on all the Brexit-related malarkey subsequent to the PM winning that vote.

tinpeeba
udonmap.com

Post by tinpeeba » April 26, 2019, 12:55 am

Brexit didn't need to have involved any racism but Farage chose to deploy it.

The referendum could have been a respectful, truthful debate about sovereignty, self-governance, the relationship between immigration and public services, democratic control etc but Farage turned it into something very ugly.

For example, he chose to use this poster which depicts Syrian refugees, who have no rights to come here under EU law, to scare people about EU immigration. The UK is not part of the EU's Common Asylum Policy, which means that none of the refugees in the poster had any right to come here under EU law.

Breaking Point Farage.jpg

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » April 26, 2019, 8:05 am

tinpeeba wrote:
April 26, 2019, 12:55 am
Brexit didn't need to have involved any racism but Farage chose to deploy it.

The referendum could have been a respectful, truthful debate about sovereignty, self-governance, the relationship between immigration and public services, democratic control etc but Farage turned it into something very ugly.

For example, he chose to use this poster which depicts Syrian refugees, who have no rights to come here under EU law, to scare people about EU immigration. The UK is not part of the EU's Common Asylum Policy, which means that none of the refugees in the poster had any right to come here under EU law.

Breaking Point Farage.jpg
not quite right , the refugees entering Europe will eventually get an EU passport from whatever country they applied too. once they have that they are free too move anywhere in Europe including the UK. I'm anti racist , and for all those that throw the racist card at UKIP and the like. 75% of EU migrants eventually return too their own country after working the UK , but figures show most migrants to the uk are from outside the EU. The independence vote is about the EU but the narrative is that somehow Britain is racist, if that's true why does the UK accept so many Africans, Indians ,Pakistanis but somehow trying to control free movement of polish , Lithuanians and the like make Brits racist. Brexit is about not being part of the EU , migration is just part of the story, there's 99 other reasons not to be part of the EU
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

yartims
udonmap.com

Post by yartims » April 26, 2019, 4:34 pm

FULL RESULTS HERE of latest poll

Brexit Party - 89%

Change UK - 4%

Conservative - 0%

Green Party - 0%

Labour - 2%

Lib Dems - 1%

Ukip - 4%

Other - 0%

And Mr Farage’s grassroots rebellion party were offered another boost when lifelong Conservative Ann Widdecombe made a sensational return to frontline politics as a Brexit Party candidate.

The 71-year-old former minister – a loyal Tory for 55 years – said she was “compelled” to put retirement on hold to help finally deliver the referendum result.

Mr Farage was in Westminster on Tuesday where he vowed to target Labour heartlands with his new Brexit Party.

Vowing to campaign in Labour heartlands of south Wales, the Midlands and the north of England, the former Ukip leader said he had set his sights on Labour voters.

Speaking at a campaign event to announce five new candidates, Mr Farage said the party was already "doing very well" with Conservative supporters.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics ... rty-farage
the only good Tory is a lavatory

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 26, 2019, 5:34 pm

oo.jpg
Whadsa matter you, whya looka so sad..
ooo.jpg
You do the hokey pokey and you turn...

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 26, 2019, 8:04 pm

yartims wrote:
April 26, 2019, 4:34 pm
FULL RESULTS HERE of latest poll
So this is an online poll of the weird buggers who read the Express online?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 26, 2019, 8:44 pm

The Tories kicked Widdecombe out pretty quick. Can't sign up for the other team and keep your membership here ma'am.

What party does Nige represent as an MEP these days? Wasn't he UKIP-enabled originally but holds onto his seat as some sort of independent? Is that how it works? Maybe this brand new Brexit party is all about keeping him in an EU job lest things go pear shaped?

I read that Barnier is terrified of Farage working to destroy the EU from within. Hello!... he's been sniping from the Strasbourg trenches for at least a couple of years already, no?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 26, 2019, 9:02 pm

ooo.jpg
Any you guys remember when hers arse was only this wide?

joudon
udonmap.com

Post by joudon » April 26, 2019, 9:25 pm

Low level sarcasm obviously from a very low level intellect/ Nigel Farage and Anne Widecombe are refreshingly honest and I hope they DESTROY the EU from within. By the way would any of you Europhiles tell me who Claude Junkers beat in the election to his high office? Waiting...

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 27, 2019, 6:55 am

joudon wrote:
April 26, 2019, 9:25 pm
Low level sarcasm obviously from a very low level intellect/ Nigel Farage and Anne Widecombe are refreshingly honest and I hope they DESTROY the EU from within. By the way would any of you Europhiles tell me who Claude Junkers beat in the election to his high office? Waiting...
Oh... VERY low level intellect is it?

And there's you claiming that there are honest politicians as well?

You can't even tell a Remainer from a Brexiteer but I guess in the dark, all cats are grey. To you that is.

Trotting out the 'unelected overlord' mantra is sooo yesterday. Nobody really cares about that startling revelation any more.

3 out of 10. Must try harder.

Now go stand in the corner and face the wall.

joudon
udonmap.com

Post by joudon » April 27, 2019, 12:30 pm

So ''no one cares anymore'' !!! are you serious. After 100's of years of people literally dying for a democratic vote, people like you are happy to revert to being run by a dictator appointed in Germany. Future generations will hold us in contempt for giving up the right to elect our leaders. I hope Farage and co. sweep the EU elections as a snub to the so called ruling elite. To add as a postscript I have now joined the 'Brexit party' be sending a donation,so in narrow minded brains it makes me a racist does it? My Thai wife and family that I support may not agree.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 27, 2019, 2:02 pm

^ For every narrow-minded person that labels you racist for following your own judgment and making your own decisions, there's an equally narrow-minded person who still considers immigration as being the main reason to vote Leave. Stop worrying about what other people think. They really, truly don't care.

As for your personal domestic bliss, we're happy for you and thanks for sharing. However, in many Isaan homes where there's a farang wallet, racism tends to be conveniently overlooked by both parties. My own home has three extra rooms just for such elephants.

tinpeeba
udonmap.com

Post by tinpeeba » April 27, 2019, 7:00 pm

joudon wrote:
April 27, 2019, 12:30 pm
To add as a postscript I have now joined the 'Brexit party' be sending a donation,so in narrow minded brains it makes me a racist does it? My Thai wife and family that I support may not agree.
I think that you have not joined the Brexit Party but simply registered as a supporter. Farage has de facto complete control of the Brexit Party. There are no members to democratically vote in a board or vote him out. He alone dictates. He alone appoints or removes everyone. He decrees.
I think the German word for this Führerprinzip.
No manifesto has been published, he says that can wait until after the EU election. So the new strategy apparently is to depend on blind faith; just like a personality cult.
Anyone foolish enough to vote for the Brexit Party would be handing Farage a blank slate to do as he wishes.

Return to “U.K.”