Brexit domino effect - EU28 Kantar poll

TJ
udonmap.com
Posts: 1092
Joined: September 9, 2005, 9:16 am
Location: Udon Thani and USA

Re: Brexit domino effect - EU28 Kantar poll

Post by TJ » May 2, 2019, 6:53 am

The British people are very fortunate that the Brussels cabal doesn't presently have the EU army they desperately desire. If they had such a force they would use the bullet and the bayonet to invade upstart nations and severely punish them for any secession attempts. I say this as in the 1860's the southern states of United States was in a similar position. Everyone knew that the individual states had the right to secede, their use of that option resulted in the War Between The States which cost about a million lives and forever ended the right of states to withdraw from the union, one of the most important checks on a tyrannical central government.



stereolab
udonmap.com
Posts: 247
Joined: June 12, 2014, 11:20 am

Re: Brexit domino effect - EU28 Kantar poll

Post by stereolab » May 2, 2019, 7:24 am

TJ wrote:
May 2, 2019, 6:53 am
The British people are very fortunate that the Brussels cabal doesn't presently have the EU army they desperately desire. If they had such a force they would use the bullet and the bayonet to invade upstart nations and severely punish them for any secession attempts. I say this as in the 1860's the southern states of United States was in a similar position. Everyone knew that the individual states had the right to secede, their use of that option resulted in the War Between The State which cost about a million lives and forever ended the right of states to withdraw from the union, one of the most important checks on a tyrannical central government.
If, as I have, you have ever worked alongside European Forces, you would not worry in the slightest about a European Army taking up its guns against a seceding nation.

yartims
udonmap.com
Posts: 822
Joined: July 23, 2018, 11:14 pm

Re: Brexit domino effect - EU28 Kantar poll

Post by yartims » May 3, 2019, 5:08 pm

1.03pm update: German exports to UK fall after Brexit - “The numbers are dramatic”

Germany is facing severe economic turmoil after research found the number of goods exported to the UK “collapsed” after Brexit, industry experts have warned.

Trade relationships between Berlin and the UK have declined significantly in the past year as uncertainty surrounding Brexit continues.

In 2018, German exports to Britain fell by 11.4 percent to 16.5 million tons upon the previous year.

Foreign trade which is considered to be a leading economic indicator also saw imports drop by 15.4 percent to 14.7 million tons.

Christian Kille, director of the Institute for Applied Logistics (IAL) at the University of Würzburg-Schweinfurt, said: “The numbers are dramatic.”

The data provided by IAL along with logistics specialist AEB, who publishes regular analysis of trade flows between Germany and the rest of the world, found other sectors would also face a similar decline and the UK would not be exempt.

Monika Pallenberg

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/11217 ... emy-corbyn
the only good Tory is a lavatory

Zico
udonmap.com
Posts: 93
Joined: March 28, 2012, 2:11 am

Re: Brexit domino effect - EU28 Kantar poll

Post by Zico » May 6, 2019, 3:10 am

The fortunate part of Brexit is that the rest of Europe isn't yet engulfed in nationalistic jingoism in the same way. There's still a pragmatic willingness to deal with the UK and maybe some pity for the mess it has created for itself. I'm not sure how long this patience will last.

Brexiteers cheerleading far right movements in other European countries should be careful what they wish for. An obvious target for a new far right regime would be an isolated country which regularly insults and denigrates their people. Sticking it to the Brits would go down as well as banning Burkas in many places, without as much domestic blow back.

joudon
udonmap.com
Posts: 222
Joined: August 31, 2010, 4:08 pm

Re: Brexit domino effect - EU28 Kantar poll

Post by joudon » May 6, 2019, 6:13 am

Once again , people who do not conform to the stereotype liberal view are always labelled 'far right', not just right or center right, whilst the darlings of the MSM are sort of considered the 'norm'. The people of the EU , not just UK have been deceived and let down by their unelected leaders and without consultation had a Federal Europe steamrollered over them. Of course being forced to lose one's National identity and also forced to accept a massive influx of people who not only refuse to integrate, but are 'instructed' not to integrate, has naturally caused a strong reaction, but to label genuinely concerned people . racist, xenophobic, right wing zealots etc is WAY off the mark.

User avatar
AlexO
udonmap.com
Posts: 617
Joined: June 8, 2015, 11:45 am
Location: Nong Lat Udon

Re: Brexit domino effect - EU28 Kantar poll

Post by AlexO » May 6, 2019, 4:54 pm

Zico wrote:
May 6, 2019, 3:10 am
The fortunate part of Brexit is that the rest of Europe isn't yet engulfed in nationalistic jingoism in the same way. There's still a pragmatic willingness to deal with the UK and maybe some pity for the mess it has created for itself. I'm not sure how long this patience will last.

Brexiteers cheerleading far right movements in other European countries should be careful what they wish for. An obvious target for a new far right regime would be an isolated country which regularly insults and denigrates their people. Sticking it to the Brits would go down as well as banning Burkas in many places, without as much domestic blow back.
Sorry Zico, who has banned Burkas in the UK. What member states of the EU have banned the Burka? (mostly mainland states) We in, or who come from the UK are not Right Wing Radicals and have always been a moderate country, who gave the Europeans the Human Rights Bills and freedom from tyranny after the Genocide of WW2. Please explain why the dictatorship is so keen to keep a nationalistic, jingoistic nuisance of a Country within their sphere of control. Maybe just the huge contributions and easy exports, just a thought.

thaiguzzi
udonmap.com
Posts: 458
Joined: August 28, 2011, 1:46 pm

Re: Brexit domino effect - EU28 Kantar poll

Post by thaiguzzi » May 6, 2019, 5:19 pm

TJ wrote:
May 2, 2019, 6:53 am
The British people are very fortunate that the Brussels cabal doesn't presently have the EU army they desperately desire. If they had such a force they would use the bullet and the bayonet to invade upstart nations and severely punish them for any secession attempts. I say this as in the 1860's the southern states of United States was in a similar position. Everyone knew that the individual states had the right to secede, their use of that option resulted in the War Between The States which cost about a million lives and forever ended the right of states to withdraw from the union, one of the most important checks on a tyrannical central government.
Really?
You need to up your meds or whatever they are feeding you on the farm.
Never read such hogwash.

Whilst everyone especially the Brits are being so Jingoistic, i recently returned from a road trip in Europe with my father and my son.
Everybody in Italy drives a Fiat.
Everybody in France drives a Peugot, Citroen, Renault.
Everybody in Holland & Belguim drives any of the above, plus Japanese and Korean cars, plus Fords as well as German cars.
Everybody in Germany drives Korean cars, Merc, Beemers, Audis, VW's, & Porsches.
Everybody in the UK drives Audis, VW's, Beemers & Mercs. ie the full German car industry is the Brit's fave car.
Strange that.
Innit?

User avatar
AlexO
udonmap.com
Posts: 617
Joined: June 8, 2015, 11:45 am
Location: Nong Lat Udon

Re: Brexit domino effect - EU28 Kantar poll

Post by AlexO » May 6, 2019, 6:00 pm

The EU in January imposed tariffs for three years on rice from Cambodia and Myanmar to curb an increase in imports from those two countries and to protect EU producers such as Italy.

Cambodia has filed a challenge with the European Court of Justice against the duties, saying the so-called "safeguard" measure did not relate to any unfair behaviour and was based on broad generalisations and a flawed use of data.
After the tariffs were imposed, Cambodia's milled rice exports to the EU in February reached only 10,080 tons, a 57.8% decline from the previous month, the bank said in its country economic update.

Cambodia exported 270,000 tones or 43% of its total milled rice exports to the EU in 2018, the World Bank said.


Well there you are, with the Italians being so famous for rice production the EU is imposing tariffs (without a word of protest from the libtards) on poor 3rd World Countries who basically depend on rice sales for survival. Can you imagine the absolute stink that would be kicked up if this was Trump. The Eu protectionist cartel might just find their High and Mighty rules to suit the Franco/ German Dictatorship being challenged by some who do not like the odour of dictatorship whether left or right wing.

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 3604
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Brexit domino effect - EU28 Kantar poll

Post by tamada » May 7, 2019, 1:02 am

AlexO wrote:
May 6, 2019, 6:00 pm
The EU in January imposed tariffs for three years on rice from Cambodia and Myanmar to curb an increase in imports from those two countries and to protect EU producers such as Italy.

Cambodia has filed a challenge with the European Court of Justice against the duties, saying the so-called "safeguard" measure did not relate to any unfair behaviour and was based on broad generalisations and a flawed use of data.
After the tariffs were imposed, Cambodia's milled rice exports to the EU in February reached only 10,080 tons, a 57.8% decline from the previous month, the bank said in its country economic update.

Cambodia exported 270,000 tones or 43% of its total milled rice exports to the EU in 2018, the World Bank said.


Well there you are, with the Italians being so famous for rice production the EU is imposing tariffs (without a word of protest from the libtards) on poor 3rd World Countries who basically depend on rice sales for survival. Can you imagine the absolute stink that would be kicked up if this was Trump. The Eu protectionist cartel might just find their High and Mighty rules to suit the Franco/ German Dictatorship being challenged by some who do not like the odour of dictatorship whether left or right wing.
Shocking disregard for the well-being and development of other countries and traditional sources of much better products... but not unexpected from the EU with their protectionist fishing carve-up, wine lakes, butter mountains and the like.

Maybe it is time for Cambodia and Myanmar to SERIOUSLY get into pasta and spaghetti manufacturing!

tinpeeba
udonmap.com
Posts: 170
Joined: March 14, 2006, 2:51 am
Location: London or Udon

Re: Brexit domino effect - EU28 Kantar poll

Post by tinpeeba » May 7, 2019, 1:55 am

Cambodia's rice exports to China increase: World Bank

"Overall, the decline of Cambodia's rice exports to the EU was more than offset by the increase in the country's rice exports to the Chinese market," the report said.

http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2019-0 ... 038059.htm

User avatar
saint
udonmap.com
Posts: 2777
Joined: February 28, 2008, 5:31 pm
Location: the truth is out there . but dont dare tell it !!!!

Re: Brexit domino effect - EU28 Kantar poll

Post by saint » May 7, 2019, 4:35 am

thaiguzzi wrote:
May 6, 2019, 5:19 pm
TJ wrote:
May 2, 2019, 6:53 am
The British people are very fortunate that the Brussels cabal doesn't presently have the EU army they desperately desire. If they had such a force they would use the bullet and the bayonet to invade upstart nations and severely punish them for any secession attempts. I say this as in the 1860's the southern states of United States was in a similar position. Everyone knew that the individual states had the right to secede, their use of that option resulted in the War Between The States which cost about a million lives and forever ended the right of states to withdraw from the union, one of the most important checks on a tyrannical central government.
Really?
You need to up your meds or whatever they are feeding you on the farm.
Never read such hogwash.

Whilst everyone especially the Brits are being so Jingoistic, i recently returned from a road trip in Europe with my father and my son.
Everybody in Italy drives a Fiat.
Everybody in France drives a Peugot, Citroen, Renault.
Everybody in Holland & Belguim drives any of the above, plus Japanese and Korean cars, plus Fords as well as German cars.
Everybody in Germany drives Korean cars, Merc, Beemers, Audis, VW's, & Porsches.
Everybody in the UK drives Audis, VW's, Beemers & Mercs. ie the full German car industry is the Brit's fave car.
Strange that.
Innit?
Strange , yes . But also totally untrue . Did you actually meet everyone in those six countries ? :roll: :roll:

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 3604
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Brexit domino effect - EU28 Kantar poll

Post by tamada » May 7, 2019, 11:11 am

^ As far as the northeast of Scotland is concerned, that is indeed big AUDI country.

I did see an Aston Martin at the village BP though. Obviously not a wealthy farmer.

User avatar
BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com
Posts: 241
Joined: October 28, 2010, 6:32 pm

Re: Brexit domino effect - EU28 Kantar poll

Post by BillaRickaDickay » May 7, 2019, 11:53 am

I've always thought that EU countries need us more than we need them, Autos are just one part of the picture, we buy their wine, beers, cheese, flowers and many other products, I would estimate that 40% of cars and vans on the roads of the UK are German. You very rarely see anything of British origin on the continent.
We have a well trained Military Force and the Nuclear Deterant, they should be begging us to stay.
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

User avatar
stattointhailand
udonmap.com
Posts: 11328
Joined: October 25, 2007, 11:34 pm
Location: Oiling the locks on my gun case

Re: Brexit domino effect - EU28 Kantar poll

Post by stattointhailand » May 7, 2019, 12:11 pm

BillaRickaDickay wrote:
May 7, 2019, 11:53 am
I've always thought that EU countries need us more than we need them, Autos are just one part of the picture, we buy their wine, beers, cheese, flowers and many other products, I would estimate that 40% of cars and vans on the roads of the UK are German. You very rarely see anything of British origin on the continent.
We have a well trained Military Force and the Nuclear Deterant, they should be begging us to stay.
"we buy their wine, beers, cheese, flowers and many other products, "

There is good reason for that ...... they are better :-$

User avatar
BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com
Posts: 241
Joined: October 28, 2010, 6:32 pm

Re: Brexit domino effect - EU28 Kantar poll

Post by BillaRickaDickay » May 7, 2019, 12:38 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
May 7, 2019, 12:11 pm
BillaRickaDickay wrote:
May 7, 2019, 11:53 am
I've always thought that EU countries need us more than we need them, Autos are just one part of the picture, we buy their wine, beers, cheese, flowers and many other products, I would estimate that 40% of cars and vans on the roads of the UK are German. You very rarely see anything of British origin on the continent.
We have a well trained Military Force and the Nuclear Deterant, they should be begging us to stay.
"we buy their wine, beers, cheese, flowers and many other products, "
I
There is good reason for that ...... they are better :-$
Autos Yes, cheese and beers, No, our Wine is getting better but expensive, Flowers from Holland? Same climate as the UK, Anyone can grow them.
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 3604
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Brexit domino effect - EU28 Kantar poll

Post by tamada » May 11, 2019, 9:09 am

A fairly decent opinion on the EU's current existentialist torment. Written by a Remainer too.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/ ... reak-apart

Post Reply

Return to “U.K.”