Brexit: the post-Brexit circle-jerk kicks off.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Re: Brexit: the 11th-hour brinkmanship kicks off.

Post by AlexO » December 27, 2020, 1:51 am

Had to smile when Boris mentioned the FUSH in his speech. Could have left that one out Young Man.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » December 27, 2020, 8:51 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
December 26, 2020, 6:40 am
Alexo .. i shall never become a Guardian reader rest easy on that !!.. i agree with you in parts the deal looks a good one for the UK , my point being i think the fisheries issue within the deal let it down especially after the French threats etc, i suppose 5 years isnt long but to leave it open for tariffs on other products if after this period the a UK stop EU boats fishing isnt good... what happened to taking back control of our waters .. ??? ... the thought of having Macron or Merkel at the helm makes Boris positively super.... that mr Verhostadt chap is spitting feathers :lol: :lol: :lol: what atosspot that fella is.

Im sure more details will come out over the course of the next few hours n days..

Statts .. Your Trump crusade has ended , Bojo and Cummings also its surely time for you to leave the Brexit deal and what it means at peace .. that just leaves you covid handling and the footy to have a daily rant about :-# :lol:.

DM
Taken back. But need to note that we have been devastated, will take years to recover. Need to sort out the Fishing Mafia as well. Same as the Farming Mafia as well (Heseltine and Blackford) Millionaire Farmers who produce nothing???.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » December 27, 2020, 8:59 pm

The EU has suddenly realised that the UK are not ruled by a halfwit Remainer. Boris is telling them for the first time in 2.5 years of them dictating terms Go **** Yourselves. They have just cottoned on to what an affect this will have on the EU economy. Good riddance to German cars and French farmers milking the system.

Post October 19 2019 Not wrong EH.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 29, 2020, 7:53 am

The EU it appears have OK ed the deal prior to their new year champagne reception ... still unclear if the UK parliament will get the chance , lots of threats of abstention votes and rebel Tory voting it down .. rather ironic if it was to get knocked on the head but thats pretty much impossible ..what would happen?? ..back to no deal ??

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » December 29, 2020, 8:02 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
December 29, 2020, 7:53 am
The EU it appears have OK ed the deal prior to their new year champagne reception ... still unclear if the UK parliament will get the chance , lots of threats of abstention votes and rebel Tory voting it down .. rather ironic if it was to get knocked on the head but thats pretty much impossible ..what would happen?? ..back to no deal ??

DM
Not impossible, if Labour abstain and there are enough rebels it could all be tossed in the bin, but it's unlikely. Yes it would go back to no deal.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » December 29, 2020, 8:05 am

The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 29, 2020, 8:37 am

vincemunday wrote:
December 29, 2020, 8:05 am
Here is info on British vote

https://www.dw.com/en/eu-uk-post-brexit ... a-56056015
Thanks Vince ..

So still not out the woods yet .. interesting vote on the 30th ..but more likely it will go through and be provisionally ratified from Jan 1st with full ratification coming later in 2021 ???

Made me smile a quote from a staunch remoaner .. "" this deal represents the first step to rejoining the EU "" WTF is this toospot on ..im guessing too many tax payer free luncheons and sherry ??

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 29, 2020, 9:10 am

Despite the EU's apparent surrender (goes with Johnson's narrative of apparent victory), their acquiescence only allows a "provisional implementation" of the new bill from 1st January. Right now, YouTube must be all a flutter with spurious emissions from those of the "no-deal is STILL the best deal" club, desperately picking though the bones of their own, overcooked, overstuffed Christmas turkeys.

The dictatorial make up of the European Five Mile High Club that just shat Boris out of the First Class toilet cubicle (with shower) is only the formal nod of the EU Ambassadors. The 27 member nations get to take their copies of the agreement home after Hogmanay for a lengthy review and won't deliver their FINAL approval of the bill until they meet in Strasbourg next February. Will they seek any significant changes before full ratification? Or is all this nonsense about a voice of Polish or Hungarian and Dutch dissent in the Community vanishing faster than a Tory parliamentary majority in a snap-election?

Meanwhile, Brexiteers and Remainers alike have only a few hours left to cram for their end-of-term exams tomorrow. They will be frantically re-reading their "versions" of the agreement to enlighten us to exactly where we've been had. Too late, the big red bus has been repainted yellow and is already on charter somewhere north of Hadrian's.

Some noiseome, die-hard Corbynista's in Starmer's unruly ranks are threatening to piss on his parade if he votes for the deal which is his stated intent anyway. Of course the Lib Dems, SNP, DUP and other Northern Ireland parties have already nailed their colors to the mast of their own, beached, burned-out, 'taking it back' fishing boats and will vote against it.

Are there any fat ladies in the house?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 29, 2020, 10:15 am

Your use of NUMEROUS long unusual words (real or not) never ceases to astound me Tammy ..

update .. Boris being pushed to go the same route as the EU reference scrutiny of the deal .. ie .. provisional implementation from Jan 1st followed by another read n check mid Jan .. thus not messing around with politicians heads and the NY knees ups... Boris will IMO have to go that route as unless your Enstien digesting 1460 pages just aint gonna happen before tomorrow / 30th Dec.

DM

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » December 29, 2020, 3:18 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
December 29, 2020, 10:15 am
Your use of NUMEROUS long unusual words (real or not) never ceases to astound me Tammy ..

update .. Boris being pushed to go the same route as the EU reference scrutiny of the deal .. ie .. provisional implementation from Jan 1st followed by another read n check mid Jan .. thus not messing around with politicians heads and the NY knees ups... Boris will IMO have to go that route as unless your Enstien digesting 1460 pages just aint gonna happen before tomorrow / 30th Dec.

DM
Probably stolen from an article in the Guardian DM. Remainers just cannot get it through their nappers that they have lost, its over, you were beaten and just in case you did not realise, it happened on the 31st January 2020. This is just a trade agreement document.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » December 29, 2020, 7:04 pm

"But leaving the EU's single market and customs union will undoubtedly have a negative impact on Britain's economy."

Exactly how. No tariffs, no taxes, no billions in French farmers subsidies to the EU after the divorce bill settled. Seems to me a pretty good deal. Macron must be spewing on his frogs legs. Way better than TM could have done and as for Starmer, God Forbid.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 29, 2020, 8:21 pm

AlexO wrote:
December 29, 2020, 3:18 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
December 29, 2020, 10:15 am

DM
Probably stolen from an article in the Guardian DM. Remainers just cannot get it through their nappers that they have lost, its over, you were beaten and just in case you did not realise, it happened on the 31st January 2020. This is just a trade agreement document.
Let me see. I slagged off the quisling Tories, the dictatorial EU, the recidivist Labour, the terminally irrelevant Lib Dems and the bigotted wee nationalists. If you see Guardian-speak or a Remainer in what I wrote, I can only guess that it must have sorely troubled your parents to see a fine, Scottish education wasted on such a bloody dunderheid.

I voted to Leave... that is I actually cast a vote not to remain in the EU. What did you do about it you bloody oaf? Gurn?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 29, 2020, 8:56 pm

AlexO wrote:
December 29, 2020, 7:04 pm
"But leaving the EU's single market and customs union will undoubtedly have a negative impact on Britain's economy."

Exactly how. No tariffs, no taxes, no billions in French farmers subsidies to the EU after the divorce bill settled. Seems to me a pretty good deal. Macron must be spewing on his frogs legs. Way better than TM could have done and as for Starmer, God Forbid.
Not sure who you're quoting but that's surely a rhetorical question, no? Because we all know that at the stroke of midnight on December 31st, the United Kingdom INSTANTANEOUSLY transforms into the Conservatives beautiful land of milk and honey?

Mak sikkar ye keep suckin' on Johnson's teat. Lap it all up, there's a good wee lad.

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » December 30, 2020, 8:41 pm

Now, I'm not a Pom,
A descendant, for sure,
But didn't Boris just pull off one of the best deals in history?

Britain, leaving the EU and all it's debt ridden dependents, yet holding the same trade deal?

Or, am I reading this wrong?

P.S. I am drinking red!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 30, 2020, 8:51 pm

The stroke of 11pm on the 31st ... GMT ..not midnight.,,,,,,,, (6am Thai time 1st Jan 21)

:wave: :wave:

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » December 30, 2020, 8:58 pm

So John,
This is good?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 30, 2020, 9:14 pm

In parts yes .. the deal isnt perfect but better than a no deal ???? who knows ??? ........the main thing is the UK is regaining its sovereignty and becoming an independent nation once again.... many would still prefer a no deal but i doubt that will happen .. they are just about to vote on it in the UK parliament been very interesting live veiwing for the last couple of hours.

One other thing .. im not overly fussed what happens with Scotland INDYREF stay in EU .. let them choose i say .

Happy New Year Mick ..to you n your family .

DM

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » December 30, 2020, 9:26 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
December 30, 2020, 9:14 pm
Happy New Year Mick ..to you n your family .
Thanks John,
Same to you, and generally everyone on this forum.
Well except for a few, 55

But, no open border for the UK?
I hope so.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 30, 2020, 9:46 pm

Bojos mega deal goes thru .. 5xx to 7x .. tho they are still going thru the motions ..

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » December 31, 2020, 8:20 am

The Man who should be PM imo ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ibs8090XEjM

Return to “U.K.”