Brexit: the post-Brexit circle-jerk kicks off.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Brexit: the 11th-hour brinkmanship kicks off.

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 31, 2020, 8:32 am

Yes i agree ..

Many others think the same Ards .. twill be interesting to see if Mr Farages new Reform UK party is formed and if so how many vote for it /him ... bearing in mind Boris has delivered his election promise and got Brexit done all be it in a fashion and the shambolic state of the Labour party makes it more interesting.

Im not 100% Farage actually wants to be PM .. recently a poison challis for all who have had a go !!

11pm tonight its done .. thru UK parliament 521 to 72 ...but on the EU cracks are appearing and amendments already being preposed from some of the 27 nations meps .. for sure very strong UK governance is gonna be needed over the coming years as im sure there will be those (remainers now called rejoiners) doing everything then can to get the UK back gradually more n more aligned to the EU.

IT COULD STILL GET MESSY ..

DM

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 31, 2020, 8:48 am

^^ Thanks for posting. A well reasoned comment on the stale, Pret a Manger sandwich masquerading as Johnson's deal of the century. He also picked up on Hancock's incredulous, public claims in the House yesterday regarding the readiness of the Nightingale Hospitals as well as the billions squandered on other failed pandemic initiatives and perpetually lying about it all.

However, if Nigel or his spawn ever comes close to getting into #10, I will be signing-on with the SNP. That's after relocating to the Bahamas like the late Sean Connery.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 31, 2020, 8:52 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
December 31, 2020, 8:32 am
Yes i agree ..

Many others think the same Ards .. twill be interesting to see if Mr Farages new Reform UK party is formed and if so how many vote for it /him ... bearing in mind Boris has delivered his election promise and got Brexit done all be it in a fashion and the shambolic state of the Labour party makes it more interesting.

Im not 100% Farage actually wants to be PM .. recently a poison challis for all who have had a go !!

11pm tonight its done .. thru UK parliament 521 to 72 ...but on the EU cracks are appearing and amendments already being preposed from some of the 27 nations meps .. for sure very strong UK governance is gonna be needed over the coming years as im sure there will be those (remainers now called rejoiners) doing everything then can to get the UK back gradually more n more aligned to the EU.

IT COULD STILL GET MESSY ..

DM
I don't agree. Nigel hasn't got the bottle and I reckon Messi will stay with Barça.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » December 31, 2020, 2:33 pm

I hope Wee Jimmy Krankie pushes for a referendum and leaves the UK. That way Boz can move the Faslane Naval base from Scotland to the uk where we built them in the 1st place. Next for the chop is BAE Goven & Scotstoun ending shipbuilding in Scotland and bringing shipbuilding and more yards into the UK. Once Wee Jimmy has realised what a mistake she has made of selling the Shipbuilding and refitting and Arming our Nuclear Deterent she can roll out a new Currency as they wont be able use English Currency. At least there will be a use for all the Shovels you have lieing around to use when you have to start digging Peat agian and refurbing your Bothie's.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 1, 2021, 8:21 am

Good Morning and HAPPY NEW YEAR to ALL UM members ... lets hope 2021 can be a better year than 2020 and this terrible worldwide illness can ease and clear.

Brexit is done .. 6am this morning (Thai time) after more than 4 years of delays , transition period and deadlines after deadline the UK finally left the European Union. The Boris trade deal got royal accent and is now provisionally in place .. the UK is a sovereign independent nation after so many years being tied to the EU..

To coin a Scottish chap from the past .. ( i think it was Alec Salmon) F R E E D O M !!!

The ink wasnt even dry from her majesty signing the deal off before Lord Adonis was forming a cliche to push for rejoining ..WAFT.

Im sure many of the EU rips offs will come to light over the coming months ... the first already has been outted in the form of the Eramus programme ... mentioned many times by MPs debating the trade deal i read up on the Eramus set up and how it works .... its head shaking to think of the money involved and all those whinging about it being not included in the trade deal must need their bumps feeling .. a new sovereign Student Touring set up replaces it at a fraction of the cost ..with the Eramus ""fee"" previously stolen by the EU n Brussels..

Best explained here by Andre Walker ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1z6PqgrnWM

DM raised a glass of warm milk to celebrate this glorious morning .. Rule Britania !!

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 1, 2021, 8:50 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
December 26, 2020, 2:21 pm
Zidane wrote:
December 26, 2020, 2:17 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
December 26, 2020, 12:38 pm
Stunners .. what a pair of milfs them two are Tam .. ive always had a hot spot for Ms Patel aswell and now Ursula needs layin

DM
Ursula von der Leyon I can understand but Priti Patel.......have your standards really slipped that much ?? :D
13.jpeg
priti-patel-mp-in-downing-street-on-the-day-she-retained-her-job-as-home-secretary-during-a-cabinet-reshuffle-13th-feb-2020-2AY325X.jpg
YES .. i like a bit of meat on the bone Zid ..

DM
Or as Frankie Boyle recently opined, "Priti Patel, who always dresses like she's going to the funeral of someone she didn't really like in the first place."

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 1, 2021, 9:20 am

vlad wrote:
December 31, 2020, 2:33 pm
I hope Wee Jimmy Krankie pushes for a referendum and leaves the UK. That way Boz can move the Faslane Naval base from Scotland to the uk where we built them in the 1st place. Next for the chop is BAE Goven & Scotstoun ending shipbuilding in Scotland and bringing shipbuilding and more yards into the UK. Once Wee Jimmy has realised what a mistake she has made of selling the Shipbuilding and refitting and Arming our Nuclear Deterent she can roll out a new Currency as they wont be able use English Currency. At least there will be a use for all the Shovels you have lieing around to use when you have to start digging Peat agian and refurbing your Bothie's.
This from the chap who suggested I don't like the UK.

Homeless nuclear submarines for a Royal Navy with a new aircraft carrier that, three years on from launch, still hasn't got any airplanes?

Shipbuilding for a nation where about 70% of the 0.5% GDP from fishing is earned mostly by the catches from five boats owned by two families.

Yes, sounds about right.

To paraphrase dm, "Ye'll no' be havin' a sale will ye?"

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » January 1, 2021, 12:42 pm

Thats because your always negative posts either having a go at the way we were dealing with Brexit, to you castigating anyone agreeing with posters opinions.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » January 1, 2021, 2:29 pm

Wrong Tams planes are still not on it but our Nuclear fleet is base'd at Devoport dockyard. The. 4 Trident Submarines are still in service with 1 on constantly patrol.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » January 1, 2021, 2:37 pm

tamada wrote:
January 1, 2021, 9:20 am
vlad wrote:

Homeless nuclear submarines for a Royal Navy with a new aircraft carrier that, three years on from launch, still hasn't got any airplanes?

Shipbuilding for a nation where about 70% of the 0.5% GDP from fishing is earned mostly by the catches from five boats owned by two families.

Yes, sounds about right.

Had a wee nip or twa Tam. Mair sense from a 9 bob note. HNY.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » January 1, 2021, 3:22 pm

vlad wrote:
Really vlad.
Much as I dislike the wee parochial nationalists, your references to Scotland being excluded from the UK is just laughable.
The UK/ Great Britain was just two Nations, Scotland and the bits hanging off our arse called little France (engurland) or sommfing. We are a UK because we have basically worked together for 300+ years. Whether leaving the dictatorship and the urge for separation is a mistake or what is one thing, but what GB achieved in moulding the World is immense. So go back to school and learn to spell English, or the Urdo form of it which you seem to prefer. Basic English, Stop talking urine.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 1, 2021, 7:19 pm

AlexO wrote:
January 1, 2021, 2:37 pm
tamada wrote:
January 1, 2021, 9:20 am
vlad wrote:

Yes, sounds about right.

Had a wee nip or twa Tam. Mair sense from a 9 bob note. HNY.
Well vlad started it.

Orrabest pal.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 1, 2021, 7:22 pm

vlad wrote:
January 1, 2021, 12:42 pm
Thats because your always negative posts either having a go at the way we were dealing with Brexit, to you castigating anyone agreeing with posters opinions.
Look here vlad, I have absolutely NO objections to anyone sucking on Bojo's bawbag. Just don't expect me to say, "Good job!" when they boast about it.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 1, 2021, 7:28 pm

vlad wrote:
January 1, 2021, 2:29 pm
Wrong Tams planes are still not on it but our Nuclear fleet is base'd at Devoport dockyard. The. 4 Trident Submarines are still in service with 1 on constantly patrol.
An aircraft carrier without aircraft is still just a ship. As for Tridents, they don't operate out of Devonport, they only go there sometimes to look relevant.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » January 1, 2021, 10:20 pm

Well if you knew anything about our Nuclear fleet you will know Faslane is home for The Trident Missile Submarines because thats the only place tridents are stored and Armed. The new carriers have there Helicopters are on Board. I see your again having a go at Boris or and name calling supporters. As for boasting we in the uk have everyright to do so due to us being the 1st in the World to not only discover but to start using ths vaccine and world beaters to develope the oxford Vaccine because other's could not get there head round it and now need us to supply them with vaccine. As for Brexit we got what we wanted.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 1, 2021, 11:23 pm

^ You're the one that started off this nautical cock wave with your idea of pulling the subs OUT of Faslane and then brought up Devonport which is where they go to get fixed (while disarmed). You'd better clear that with your Nimby's in Plymouth if you plan parking armed Tridents there.

You also mentioned the £4.6 billion helicopter carriers masquerading as an aircraft carriers.

The NAO said the delay “has been caused by a subcontractor, Thales, failing to meet its contractual commitments for developing equipment and not providing sufficient information on the project’s progress. Neither MoD nor its prime contractor, Lockheed Martin, were aware of these problems until it was too late, reflecting MoD’s ineffective oversight of its contract with Lockheed Martin.”

Besides being years behind schedule, they don't even have the equipment or budget to run these barnacle collectors simultaneously.

Looking at the revolving door of incompetent Defence Secretaries that include Fox, Hammond and Williamson, I guess this is what 10 years of Tory leadership gets you. Maybe they should let Grayling have a stab at sorting it out?

Read the following and weep.

https://www.defensenews.com/naval/2020/ ... ike-group/
Last edited by tamada on January 1, 2021, 11:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 1, 2021, 11:26 pm

Be interesting to see what excuse they use now for Scotland not being allowed to join the EU Customs union.
It was ALWAYS well you cant have some of the UK in and some of it outside the Union
AS of Today that is EXACTLY what we have with NI in the Customs Union and Eng/Wales/Scot outside.
We also have part of UK in the SCHENGEN visa zone, A "Hard" border INSIDE the UK and EU officials taking control of one of our ports and airports. It's Sooooooooooo refreshing to have taken back control of our borders :lol:

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 1, 2021, 11:35 pm

^ queue "Land of Hope and Glory"

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » January 2, 2021, 5:25 am

I used faslane as a company that could be moved to the Uk if Sturgeon wanted independancy. Im not clued up on Euro laws or Scottish Independancy. Im led to believe a Country that gets independancy controls everything in that country from laws and currency. Who said we will never leave Europe. We will end up with a no deal Brexit, well there all wrong might take a bit if time but the Millions we have to send Brussels will be stopped,and once other countrys see how much we have moved without being tied to Europe they will start asking questions on there membership.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 2, 2021, 6:54 am

A different view from The Economist:
To anyone not obsessed with romantic notions of sovereignty, it is clear that the deal leaves Britain worse-off than with EU membership. European officials distributed graphics explaining what Britain would miss, ranging from the big stuff (financial passporting for banks, Britons losing the right to live and work in 27 countries) to the small (no more pet passports, no guaranteed cheap mobile-phone roaming).

https://www.economist.com/europe/2021/0 ... nl_today_1
Cue some harrumphing. :D

Return to “U.K.”