General Discussion of UK Politics

GT93
udonmap.com

Re: General Discussion of UK Politics

Post by GT93 » January 23, 2022, 7:30 am

Yes, that's what Phil "A Different Bias" points out on youtube. I watch his excellent videos nearly every day.

Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » January 23, 2022, 10:38 am

stattointhailand wrote:
January 23, 2022, 1:28 am
Just ONE benefit would be a good start but they cant even manage that
Keeping UK money in the UK. Not giving it to some EU bureaucrat who then decides what the money can be spent on and how much is given to other Countries to improve their infrastructure (ie move jobs out of the UK to Eastern European Countries) for a start. Having full control of our law making Parliament again. Not having to comply with anything/everything Germany and France think will benefit them. Not being dictated to by Merkels little go for girl. Just a few for starters.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 23, 2022, 11:38 am

We are currently paying more into EU than when we were members. EU subsidised most infrastructure projects in UK. Jobs have been moved from UK to EU on advice from Hard Brexit Tory ******* as being the only sensible way for UK based companies to stay in business. We made most of the EU laws .... they came into line with us, not the other way round.
So far you have come up with all the usual ones that dont exist, now give me one that is a benefit.
Before you even suggest it .... we could have had zero rate VAT on power whilst still being a EU member (that was another Tory lie) we chose to give up that option in 2008 although we could have had 5% with no problem, but just chose not to

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » January 23, 2022, 12:36 pm

The UK should be flourishing if your post is correct Alexo. The UK got more benefits from being in the EU than what it put in. The UK also still has to comply with heaps of EU laws when it deals with the EU. The UK Parliament isn't able to set the rules when dealing with the EU. The Germans and French don't even need to bother listening to the UK now. British influence is considerably down and not up.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » January 23, 2022, 12:53 pm

I can think of a few things that have changed for the better, and I have actually lived in the UK for past 18 months so can give an accurate report of how things are where I live.
Brexit or COVID, which is responsible for the current status of the UK? Who knows.
I see that Farm workers, Truck Drivers, Taxi Drivers, Building Tradesmen, Food Delivery workers etc are now getting paid or beginning to be paid a proper salary.
Car Wash Staff, Sex Workers, certain Restaurant Workers are starting to be identified as Slave Labour.
I can actually walk down my local high street and not think I've been transported to a foreign land as I can once again identify the local chit chat.
Why is this, because for whatever reason they've all fcuked off back to their own countries, the end of Cheap Labour?
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 23, 2022, 2:46 pm

Billericay Dickay, are you related to the Basildon Dickay's? :lol:

"Brexit or COVID, which is responsible for the current status of the UK? Who knows."

erm I think that can easily be answered by looking at where the UK economy is in relation to the main economies of EU countries ......... safe to say its not Covid related

"I see that Farm workers, Truck Drivers, Taxi Drivers, Building Tradesmen, Food Delivery workers etc are now getting paid or beginning to be paid a proper salary."

I see all the above with severe shortages of labour which have forced companies to increase wages to attract employees. That's good for the employee but disasterous for the companies who are having to pay more and charge customers more. Its also a nightmare for the industries that are losing their staff because these few are paying better wages (bus drivers/ambulance drivers etc) who now face increased shortages above what they had anyway.

"Car Wash Staff, Sex Workers, certain Restaurant Workers are starting to be identified as Slave Labour."

They have ALWAYS been identified as Slave labour positions usually filled by people who for one reason or another tax/shouldnt be working/criminal/underage cant afford to be identified

"I can actually walk down my local high street and not think I've been transported to a foreign land as I can once again identify the local chit chat.
Why is this, because for whatever reason they've all fcuked off back to their own countries, the end of Cheap Labour?"

I dont think I even need to comment about the Brexit Indian Trade deal that will allow hundreds of thousands of Indians previously banned to enter the country legally. Perhaps the fact that you can walk down your High St without foreigners about is because like just about everyone else in the country they were all in the garden of No 10 at the time having a p * up

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 23, 2022, 4:26 pm

Look what dropped at 15:15 ......... must have known we were discussing it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NCOIgPrjl4&t=34s

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 23, 2022, 4:29 pm

GT93 wrote:
January 23, 2022, 7:30 am
Yes, that's what Phil "A Different Bias" points out on youtube. I watch his excellent videos nearly every day.
I'd almost forgotten Phil's channel

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » January 23, 2022, 7:43 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
January 23, 2022, 2:46 pm
Billericay Dickay, are you related to the Basildon Dickay's? :lol:

"Brexit or COVID, which is responsible for the current status of the UK? Who knows."

erm I think that can easily be answered by looking at where the UK economy is in relation to the main economies of EU countries ......... safe to say its not Covid related

"I see that Farm workers, Truck Drivers, Taxi Drivers, Building Tradesmen, Food Delivery workers etc are now getting paid or beginning to be paid a proper salary."

I see all the above with severe shortages of labour which have forced companies to increase wages to attract employees. That's good for the employee but disasterous for the companies who are having to pay more and charge customers more. Its also a nightmare for the industries that are losing their staff because these few are paying better wages (bus drivers/ambulance drivers etc) who now face increased shortages above what they had anyway.

"Car Wash Staff, Sex Workers, certain Restaurant Workers are starting to be identified as Slave Labour."

They have ALWAYS been identified as Slave labour positions usually filled by people who for one reason or another tax/shouldnt be working/criminal/underage cant afford to be identified

"I can actually walk down my local high street and not think I've been transported to a foreign land as I can once again identify the local chit chat.
Why is this, because for whatever reason they've all fcuked off back to their own countries, the end of Cheap Labour?"

I dont think I even need to comment about the Brexit Indian Trade deal that will allow hundreds of thousands of Indians previously banned to enter the country legally. Perhaps the fact that you can walk down your High St without foreigners about is because like just about everyone else in the country they were all in the garden of No 10 at the time having a p * up
Basildon Dickays? Sorry don't know them but I have good friend down that way goes by the name of Plaistow Patricia.

I feel for all those poor Farmers, driving around in their Range Rovers, Porches etc, still they can always sell off a field or two to the developers, after all we are gonna need to house all those Indians somewhere.
What's that nonsense about shortages, apart from the Toilet Roll crisis a couple of years back I never noticed any shortages during my recent stay in the UK.
As for the pissup in Bojos Garden you're just pissed off coz you didn't get an invite.
Think you've been watching too much TV and Google giving you wrong impression about what's really happening in the UK.
Oh! When was the last time you set foot on British Soil?
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 23, 2022, 7:58 pm

A couple of times every 10 yrs (passport renewal at embassy) sadly not now required due to Embassy outsourcing.

Although I dont "set foot" in UK, I do have contact with family and friends who due to circumstances have no option but to live there 365 days a year (not even the chance to drive down for a week or two in Patters). ..........If the queue at Dover gets much longer some friends in Maidstone will have trucks parked outside their house. I suppose Brexiteers will call that a "benefit" as they wont have to pay for blinds to keep the sun out of their front room :lol:

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » January 24, 2022, 1:41 am

stattointhailand wrote:
January 23, 2022, 11:38 am
We are currently paying more into EU than when we were members. EU subsidised most infrastructure projects in UK. Jobs have been moved from UK to EU on advice from Hard Brexit Tory ******* as being the only sensible way for UK based companies to stay in business. We made most of the EU laws .... they came into line with us, not the other way round.
So far you have come up with all the usual ones that dont exist, now give me one that is a benefit.
Before you even suggest it .... we could have had zero rate VAT on power whilst still being a EU member (that was another Tory lie) we chose to give up that option in 2008 although we could have had 5% with no problem, but just chose not to
I truly wonder where you and GT93 get your fantasy information. The UK were 'net contributors to the EU ie we put in more than we were given back. To say the EU subsidised the UK's infrastructure projects is just so much rubbish, same as your normal diatribes. Why on earth did the EU use every dirty trick in the book to either keep us in the EU or as a minimum keep contributing vast sums of money if we were being subsidised by the generous EU. UK manufacturing jobs were being moved out to other EU Countries well before the Brexit Referendum was ever thought of and were even helped by grants from the EU that we actually contributed to. We still pay sums of money to the EU because we as a nation honoured our commitments to the spending plans agreed before we left the Dictatorship but that will soon end. Best you check your information before posting completely wrong information.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » January 24, 2022, 10:05 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqqqWAI-6QQ
A view from the duly elected government of the UK that differs slightly from the halfwit Marxist rubbish coming from the opposition side of the commons. You make up your mind who is the more accurate. Sometimes even Ian Blackford the well known racist liar speaks more truths than the former Labour party. Sometimes not very often but sometimes.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 24, 2022, 11:39 am

AlexO wrote:
January 24, 2022, 10:05 am
A view from the duly elected government of the UK that differs slightly from the halfwit Marxist rubbish coming from the opposition side of the commons. You make up your mind who is the more accurate. Sometimes even Ian Blackford the well known racist liar speaks more truths than the former Labour party. Sometimes not very often but sometimes.
So it's Penny that's your hot pick for #10, eh?
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 24, 2022, 12:42 pm

Interesting ......... based on no evidence & smear? AND the fact that an Independent court has found them Guilty perhaps?

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 24, 2022, 1:01 pm

I really thought that by the time UK had sunk this low, even those still wearing their Brexit face masks over their eyes and blaming Covid, would have managed to realise that what they were calling project fear was in fact project reality and Project Get Brexit Done was in truth project Pie in the Sky. I suppose we have to be grateful that even the Daily Mail & Express have stopped looking for Brexit benefits and are instead concentrating on minimizing its failures

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » January 24, 2022, 5:59 pm

tamada wrote:
January 24, 2022, 11:39 am
AlexO wrote:
January 24, 2022, 10:05 am
So it's Penny that's your hot pick for #10, eh?
Told you before Tam, I am not a Tory. But would prefer anyone rather than that idiot mob from the opposition benches. And Statto just keeps waffling on with the lies about the benefits of staying in the EU. Change your drink or your meds you really are boring. Not one fact just rhetoric.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 24, 2022, 9:36 pm

Me .... Me ..... Ive asked you to provide ONE benefit of Brexit and all you have done is spew the same dross that Brxiteers have been using for six years that has been proven to be factually untrue numerous times.

Perhaps you missed the earlier link .....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NCOIgPrjl4&t=34s

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » January 25, 2022, 6:08 am

Have you actually listened to the Irishman pathetically trying to deny Brexit success, ' YOUR NOT THE MOST SUCCESSFUL ECONOMY IN THE WORLD, YOU ARE ONLY 5TH" Osbourne said our house prices would collapse, NO, THEY HAVE ONLY GONE UP BY 10% SINCE 2020 AND THATS DURING A GLOBAL PANDEMIC. There are not enough workers to fill the vacancies in the UK's expanding industries. Just note the word 'expanding' and then there is the problem that there is enough spare capacity in the Country but too many just want to sit on their arses and get everything for free. Where have any of the doom merchants predictions of a collapse of the UK as a whole come to fruition, have we had to go cap in hand begging the EU to let us back in to the Dictatorship. Who is imposing ridiculas rules as a way of punishing the UK for daring to leave the great experiment and no longer be a cash cow for Brussels. I note with interest that you do not have the confirmation of 'it will be the end of the world' predictions that Cameron, Osbourne and quite a few other halfwits tried to tell us would happen and, that we were all imbecils who did not know what we were voting for and the UK was DOOMED. Must be a right bugger to know you were wrong again.

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » January 25, 2022, 6:42 am

Mr Statts, you remind me of another valiant Looser

https://youtu.be/ZmInkxbvlCs

Time to give up and admit defeat.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 27, 2022, 9:30 pm

Now where have I seen this before ......

Return to “U.K.”