General Discussion of UK Politics

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: What do you Expect.

Post by stattointhailand » January 12, 2021, 11:57 pm

At least their tax money will go to overtime payments for National Guard/police etc etc ....... UK tax just goes in the back pocket of CEOs of fictitious PPE companies

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » January 13, 2021, 1:03 am

Here you go statts another snide remark about the UK.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 13, 2021, 9:10 am

vlad wrote:
January 13, 2021, 1:03 am
There's more vlad. UK taxpayers are also helping the bosses of some catering companies to make a killing. These companies were awarded supply contracts by the UK government. I wonder which cabinet minister they went to school with?

But what do we expect when the UK government only agreed to provide these meals after two embarrassing policy u-turns?

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2 ... od-parcels

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 13, 2021, 11:43 am

vlad wrote:
January 13, 2021, 1:03 am
Well at least I paid my share of UK tax bills vlad (unlike many you seem to want to protect =; )

BTW how much did you contribute to the US treasury last year that gives you rights to tell them how to spend their tax money? :lol:

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » January 13, 2021, 1:36 pm

Simple answer to that one Statts " Nothing" as im in the UK. Question to you Statts what gives you the right to criticise our leadership wnen you don't live in that Country. My thread is mainly at the amount of Guns in the US that potentially bring a war onto there streets as warned by the FBI in every city up to and during the inorgoration.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » January 13, 2021, 9:04 pm

vlad wrote:
January 13, 2021, 1:36 pm
Question to you Statts what gives you the right to criticise our leadership wnen you don't live in that Country.
So you're saying that no one can criticize a country's leadership unless a resident of that country?

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » January 13, 2021, 10:23 pm

What im saying is anyine has the right to criticise in any debate if there is sufficient evidence to debate like video or news reporting. Statts posts about a PM on what he reads usually constantly bringing down how the UK is run. What im trying yo say is if you live in that country then you are free to critisize. I don't need to read papers to what is happening in the US.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 13, 2021, 10:52 pm

Udon Map wrote:
January 13, 2021, 9:04 pm
vlad wrote:
January 13, 2021, 1:36 pm
Question to you Statts what gives you the right to criticise our leadership wnen you don't live in that Country.
So you're saying that no one can criticize a country's leadership unless a resident of that country?
yes i was thinking the same ..
So expats living outside the UK shouldnt criticize the UK government ? but you feel its ok to post frequently about all things "scam" Thai including its leadership regularly .. make yer mind up Vlad.

Plus I paid plenty of tax before i left the UK .. i dont live there now my choice ... but rather than listen to all to often inaccurate quotes n headlines in newspapers n the net i 100% prefer to listen to my well rounded well educated daughter when she comments on the political situation in UK .. great to get Brexit done but in her words and all her work colleagues and circle of friends the shambolic handling of covid should be the end of Boris n Co ..

BTW i think any leader / politician trust into the covid pandemic would have struggle .. defo not a Boris hater HES THE BEST OF A LAME BUNCH DOING HIS BEST and maybe his dream job has turned into a nightmare...hence my prediction he will resign or step down in the not too distant future.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 13, 2021, 11:09 pm

As it happens vlad, since retiring and moving to Udon I have managed to see far more political progs than I ever managed to whilst in UK (that nasty thing called work seemed to take up far too much time and very few of my "bosses" ever thought it a good idea that the staff put their feet up all afternoon and watch Prime Ministers Questions or as (at this moment Boris live at the "liason committee" meeting discussing the Virus and Vaccines. I do agree that we do not see everything up close from Udon, but there again not many people in UK are seeing much either (apart from people in their "family bubble") so no matter where you reside you have to rely on media coverage of facts and then judge from there. If it makes any difference my attitude to PM Bojo is no different to my views of ex London Mayor Bojo ....... Unfit to do the job and a corrupt liar ........ that aint gonna change any time soon

tamada
udonmap.com

Another hopelessly late knee-jerk by Bojo.

Post by tamada » January 16, 2021, 2:20 pm

Questions will be asked over timing of closing UK travel corridors

... While the government will point to the emergence of new variants, questions will again be asked on the timing, coherence and implementation of the rules. Boris Johnson imposed a ban on flights from Brazil this week – almost three weeks after UK flights were barred by Brazil. ...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... rs-closing

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 16, 2021, 2:27 pm

vlad wrote:
January 13, 2021, 10:23 pm
What im saying is anyine has the right to criticise in any debate if there is sufficient evidence to debate like video or news reporting. Statts posts about a PM on what he reads usually constantly bringing down how the UK is run. What im trying yo say is if you live in that country then you are free to critisize. I don't need to read papers to what is happening in the US.
Then stop suggesting that forum members from the UK who are currently domiciled in Thailand aren't allowed to post their OPINION that Boris Johnson and his Clown Circus are a bunch of oxygen thieves. The fact that you are living there does not lend your OPINION that the PM and his Cabinet are making the best of a badly dealt hand any special privileges.

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Boris Johnson and his Clown Circus are a bunch of oxygen thieves

Post by tamada » January 24, 2021, 10:23 am

Sat 23 Jan 2021 10.28 GMT

New UK Covid variant may be 30% more deadly, says Boris Johnson

PM warns B117 may increase death rate as well as being up to 70% more transmissible

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... is-johnson

Sat 23 Jan 2021 11.53 GMT

'Too early to say': scientists unsure if UK Covid variant is more deadly

Experts say more data is needed but the new evidence should be taken ‘very seriously’

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... ore-deadly

Meanwhile, George and Maggie Wilson of 72 Laburnum Close, Burnley have loaded the kids in the car after breakfast and are headed to Blackpool for some fresh air.

Seriously.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: General Discussion of UK Politics

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 24, 2021, 10:34 am

Bit strong header there Tam .. you will have a chatstation from Vlad picking on Boris from afar like that :lol: :lol:

Just one of a litany of side steps , foo pars and untruths from Bojo n Co ... ref covid .

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 24, 2021, 10:50 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
January 24, 2021, 10:34 am
Bit strong header there Tam .. you will have a chatstation from Vlad picking on Boris from afar like that :lol: :lol:

Just one of a litany of side steps , foo pars and untruths from Bojo n Co ... ref covid .

DM
Hold on DM, there's even more.

Grant Shapps faces fury over mass Covid outbreak at DVLA

Minister under fire for ‘shameful’ virus spread as staff told to work on with more than 500 cases at agency in Swansea

"... A complaint received by Public Health Wales’s outbreak control team claims DVLA workers were asked to turn off their test-and-trace apps “so that their phones do not ping”.

It also says absences relating to Covid have been counted against workers’ sick leave, with anything over 10 days triggering a warning. ..."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... ent-agency

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 24, 2021, 11:21 am

tamada wrote:
January 24, 2021, 10:50 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:
January 24, 2021, 10:34 am

DM
Hold on DM, there's even more.

Grant Shapps faces fury over mass Covid outbreak at DVLA

Minister under fire for ‘shameful’ virus spread as staff told to work on with more than 500 cases at agency in Swansea

"... A complaint received by Public Health Wales’s outbreak control team claims DVLA workers were asked to turn off their test-and-trace apps “so that their phones do not ping”.

It also says absences relating to Covid have been counted against workers’ sick leave, with anything over 10 days triggering a warning. ..."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... ent-agency
IF TRUE ..thats a shocker !!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 24, 2021, 11:28 am

^ Should make for a robust PMQ's this coming week.

That's if Starmer is on the ball of course. He rapidly lost interest the last time when Bojo went all wordy blowtard and didn't even try to answer any of the Q's he was asked. Maybe Starmer's working on Johnson being hoist with his own petard.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » January 24, 2021, 11:39 am

Yes lets make Boris the scapegoat for ALL those who decried the information and the seriousness , and that this Virus was nothing, plus refused to follow the guidelines. Constantly whinging about loss of freedom, unable to see friends and family and God forbid, not allowed to party and have fun , treating the whole thing as a BIG JOKE.

Well it has come home to roost, with MANY conveniently forgetting their actions and stating that the Government is entirely at fault .

This is the REAL world where any action has a reaction and it is happening . Blame the politicians because you feel you have a right , when it comes to the UK, I still pay taxes, so I can speak without sitting on the sidelines, constant updates from my medical family, it is going tits up because of the Public , NOT because of the lack of effort from the NHS or the Government.
We forget every person and his Aunt want a vaccine , and in a planet of over 7.3 billion, that will take time , but for some patience is not a word they understand or even practice.
So again criticuse all you want, but if o for one moment you think you can do better, offer your services, we who live here are fully aware of this Thai Government shortcomings, and yet I do not hear the same about Expats NOT getting a vaccine or loud complaints the same as we hear about our own Governments.
Get a life folks, it will take time.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 24, 2021, 11:43 am

It's Prime Ministers Questions tam, not ask the opposition?

Starmer will just ask a question in a certain way, and wait for BOJO to make himself look like a blithering idiot in front of the world as he tries to not give the answer that Starmer has tricked him into. Happens week after week, and it's getting to BOJO. Last week he got so flustered and off topic the speaker had to stop and warn him about his behaviour TWICE

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 24, 2021, 11:50 am

I saw that Statts .. the speaker had to halt Bojo and warn him to stay on topic .. :shock:

But Boris GOT BREXIT DONE .. =D> =D> =D>

DM

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 24, 2021, 11:57 am

And its so wonderful that they are all ducking for cover as the mucky stuff heads ominously toward the fan :-$

Return to “U.K.”