Re: General Discussion of UK Politics

Post by AlexO » November 16, 2021, 12:34 pm

tamada wrote:
November 15, 2021, 6:37 pm
AlexO wrote:
November 15, 2021, 3:14 pm
Khun Paul wrote:
November 15, 2021, 2:47 pm
Too be honest ever since the onset of Covid and all the problems that has brought to Governments internationally, I find that the UK Government ios no better than most others. Not one leader is inspiring nor able to come across as a person to whom one could turn too if the chips are down.
In short a load of useless people increasingly out of touch with reality and those they are supposed to serve. A sad fact seem to be following other countries with Muppets and Morons in charge.
Dont agree with you very often KP but unfortunately Boris is the first to show at least a wee bit of male testosterone in his central regions. Maggie frightened everyone including Reagan etc, she also recognised that the outdated subsidised Nationalised industries had to go sooner or later. She is the only reason I voted Tory then and have never since. Now we have a bunch of professional politicians who spend there days pontificating and really doing **** all else. That includes all parties, some more than others.
Maggie had one
Boris is one.
Droll Tam very Droll.
Stop sitting on the fence and tell us who you would prefer to lead the UK. I could do with a good laugh in these difficult times.
Just remind people why Maggie is hated. The UK built coal fired power stations so that the inefficient subsidised coal mines had a customer no matter what price they charged, costs passed on to the end user as usual.
Steel works also had to use UK coal no matter what the cost thus making them extremely uncompetitive in the world market thus no income, no investment and allowed to virtually fall apart.
I could go on about the car industry, the shipyards etc but she is still demonised by the left.
She might have been born a female but in these days of gender choice she had bigger balls/gonads than most before her and certainly most after her.

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Post by JimboPSM » November 16, 2021, 5:29 pm

Wikipedia entry for Neville Chamberlain has no reference to him crossing the floor.
A few days before his death, Neville Chamberlain wrote,
So far as my personal reputation is concerned, I am not in the least disturbed about it. The letters which I am still receiving in such vast quantities so unanimously dwell on the same point, namely without Munich the war would have been lost and the Empire destroyed in 1938 ... I do not feel the opposite view ... has a chance of survival. Even if nothing further were to be published giving the true inside story of the past two years I should not fear the historian's verdict.
Neville Chamberlain died on 9 November 1940 at the age of 71.

Winston Churchill was one of the pallbearers at his funeral and eulogised him in the House of Commons three days after his death:
Whatever else history may or may not say about these terrible, tremendous years, we can be sure that Neville Chamberlain acted with perfect sincerity according to his lights and strove to the utmost of his capacity and authority, which were powerful, to save the world from the awful, devastating struggle in which we are now engaged. This alone will stand him in good stead as far as what is called the verdict of history is concerned.
Many of the judgments of Neville Chamberlain lack context as they use the benefit of hindsight while ignoring the realities of the complexities and Machiavellian nature of the geopolitics that existed in Europe from the mid 1920’s to the start of WW2 in 1939.

Contextually, it should also not be overlooked that the UK Government at the time was aware that some “allies” could not be relied on.

Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 16, 2021, 7:46 pm

AlexO wrote:
November 16, 2021, 12:34 pm
tamada wrote:
November 15, 2021, 6:37 pm
AlexO wrote:
November 15, 2021, 3:14 pm
Khun Paul wrote:
November 15, 2021, 2:47 pm
Too be honest ever since the onset of Covid and all the problems that has brought to Governments internationally, I find that the UK Government ios no better than most others. Not one leader is inspiring nor able to come across as a person to whom one could turn too if the chips are down.
In short a load of useless people increasingly out of touch with reality and those they are supposed to serve. A sad fact seem to be following other countries with Muppets and Morons in charge.
Dont agree with you very often KP but unfortunately Boris is the first to show at least a wee bit of male testosterone in his central regions. Maggie frightened everyone including Reagan etc, she also recognised that the outdated subsidised Nationalised industries had to go sooner or later. She is the only reason I voted Tory then and have never since. Now we have a bunch of professional politicians who spend there days pontificating and really doing **** all else. That includes all parties, some more than others.
Maggie had one
Boris is one.
Droll Tam very Droll.
Stop sitting on the fence and tell us who you would prefer to lead the UK. I could do with a good laugh in these difficult times.
Just remind people why Maggie is hated. The UK built coal fired power stations so that the inefficient subsidised coal mines had a customer no matter what price they charged, costs passed on to the end user as usual.
Steel works also had to use UK coal no matter what the cost thus making them extremely uncompetitive in the world market thus no income, no investment and allowed to virtually fall apart.
I could go on about the car industry, the shipyards etc but she is still demonised by the left.
She might have been born a female but in these days of gender choice she had bigger balls/gonads than most before her and certainly most after her.
Anyone except Boris.

The only ball Maggie had was a wrecking ball.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 16, 2021, 10:20 pm

I think you've somehow confused "having balls" with "being nuts" =;

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 17, 2021, 4:16 am

The Chief Mechanic of Artifice and Wiffwaff Boris Johnson has officially u-turned in person in parliament rather than skiving off and letting his whip and various sheepish-looking underlings try to do it with broken power steering. Well done Christopher Chope for single-handedly shooting down the illusive Tory night raider on political common sense and decency.

In as little as 10 days, Boris the Grate has gone from openly endorsing paid consultancy and pseudo-lobbying, to proposing to rewrite the blurred lines defining the aforementioned dodginess, to proposing the prohibition of the whole shady enterprise of "fill yet boots" and constituents be buggered.

The lady who's not for turning must be spinning like the bloody proverbial, eh Alex?
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » November 18, 2021, 1:42 am

Yes, there is something unpalatable about it all, isn't there. The Tories have always been corrupt, though, what about Archer? Bloody awful people really.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 18, 2021, 8:44 am

Bojo can get back his Mojo and majority in the flash of a pen Trigger article 16 n all will be forgiven .. lets keep this post Brexit BOOM (the one remainers are ignoring) ...

No real opposition despite a recent poll showing a Labour lead .. just who could vote for them is laughable .. REFORM UK may come into the mix more in the December by elections shake up.

A year is a short time in politics ..Boris n Co are holdiNg all the cards and just stopping THE daily DINGY DIVERS and doing what the people voted for in 2016 will get him back on track .. JUST DO IT BORIS N FROST

dm
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 18, 2021, 9:31 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 18, 2021, 8:44 am
Bojo can get back his Mojo and majority in the flash of a pen Trigger article 16 n all will be forgiven .. lets keep this post Brexit BOOM (the one remainers are ignoring) ...

No real opposition despite a recent poll showing a Labour lead .. just who could vote for them is laughable .. REFORM UK may come into the mix more in the December by elections shake up.

A year is a short time in politics ..Boris n Co are holdiNg all the cards and just stopping THE daily DINGY DIVERS and doing what the people voted for in 2016 will get him back on track .. JUST DO IT BORIS N FROST

dm
My, my, my DM. How uncharacteristically myopic of you.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 18, 2021, 1:08 pm

tamada wrote:
November 18, 2021, 9:31 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 18, 2021, 8:44 am

dm
My, my, my DM. How uncharacteristically myopic of you.
just looked up myopic (great word) ... yes it is and yes on this subject i am... but bearing in mind i live in Udon i really go give a dogs bald testicle what happens ovver yonder !!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 18, 2021, 1:22 pm

Quick note for DM ........... AND Bojo (as he seems oblivious to the fact) ..... he cant invoke "article 16" as it is both against International and even more importantly UK LAW that he set.
Perhaps both DM & Bojo would be well served to actually read what article 16 is instead of just "assuming"
It has after all only recently come to light that Bojo did not know what a "Customs Union" was until after he had forced Brexit on everyone.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 18, 2021, 1:44 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
November 18, 2021, 1:22 pm
Quick note for DM ........... AND Bojo (as he seems oblivious to the fact) ..... he cant invoke "article 16" as it is both against International and even more importantly UK LAW that he set.
Perhaps both DM & Bojo would be well served to actually read what article 16 is instead of just "assuming"
It has after all only recently come to light that Bojo did not know what a "Customs Union" was until after he had forced Brexit on everyone.
I beg to differ Statto .. it appears art 16 CAN BE triggered .. theres always away ... persoannly i think we should bomb them or nuke the EU fookers . but as already stated in retrospect IDGAF

You shouldnt let your anti Bojo Tory myopic agenda get in the way ..

DM

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 18, 2021, 4:15 pm

I don't, I just stay within the law (mostly) :lol:

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 18, 2021, 10:29 pm

Glad I dont have a sister to throw me under the bus like Bojo =;

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 28, 2021, 1:51 pm

WTF is Peppa Pig?

...forgive me, ...forgive me, ...forgive me,
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 28, 2021, 3:40 pm

Peppa Pig is the daughter of Papa Pig, who it seems is probably at the front of the queue when the next round of PPE contracts get handed out

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 28, 2021, 6:22 pm

Great to hear that the UK govt have contacted the hundreds they allowed into the country from Southern Africa and "asked" them to be tested, AFTER it gets revealed that 10% of those on a plane arriving at Schipol were infected. I'm sure all those arriving in UK were negative and they didn't travel the length and breadth of the country on public transport WITHOUT the need to wear a mask.
Barn doors and bolting horses springs to mind AGAIN [-X [-X [-X

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » November 29, 2021, 4:24 am

Ah well, this Covid situation is going to be around for a few years and set to bugger up a few more Christmas holidays.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 29, 2021, 4:59 am

stattointhailand wrote:
November 28, 2021, 6:22 pm
Great to hear that the UK govt have contacted the hundreds they allowed into the country from Southern Africa and "asked" them to be tested, AFTER it gets revealed that 10% of those on a plane arriving at Schipol were infected. I'm sure all those arriving in UK were negative and they didn't travel the length and breadth of the country on public transport WITHOUT the need to wear a mask.
Indeed for once i totally agree with you on this Statto .. UK government seem useless as they did the same with the Indian variant... there comes a time when you just cant offer an excuse for the fookwits that are running the UK ..
Earnest wrote:
November 29, 2021, 4:24 am
Ah well, this Covid situation is going to be around for a few years and set to bugger up a few more Christmas holidays.
Sadly agree with you also Ernie .. ive predicted 2023 for any sort of business to get moving again 22 is a write off IMO .. covid isnt ever gonna totally be eradicated it will become just another virus we got to learn to live with and be vaccinated against with yearly boosters and tablets.

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 29, 2021, 7:08 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 29, 2021, 4:59 am
stattointhailand wrote:
Indeed for once i totally agree with you on this Statto .. UK government seem useless as they did the same with the Indian variant... there comes a time when you just cant offer an excuse for the fookwits that are running the UK ..
Earnest wrote:
Sadly agree with you also Ernie .. ive predicted 2023 for any sort of business to get moving again 22 is a write off IMO .. covid isnt ever gonna totally be eradicated it will become just another virus we got to learn to live with and be vaccinated against with yearly boosters and tablets.

DM
You can't lock out variants that haven't been bloody detected yet

Sheesh...
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 29, 2021, 7:16 am

tamada wrote:
November 29, 2021, 7:08 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 29, 2021, 4:59 am
stattointhailand wrote:
Earnest wrote:

DM
You can't lock out variants that haven't been bloody detected yet

Sheesh...
The doc who found the Mandela variant did so a month ago ..but the effects were mild so she didnt say owt until a few days ago.. its all her fault then or are some countries over reacting ?? and locking the stable door after the horse has bolted bla bla bla

Whens the next Eastenders free beer sesh ??

DM

Return to “U.K.”